NATION

PASSWORD

Sicarius News - Silly Cypher or Serious Symbol?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:47 am

Online but with no regionmates in sight, I accepted an invitation from Cora, stole a horse, and rode beside her, Bob, Gladio, and Feuer. Even with Feuer's lists crashing and sleepy-Bob taking over that role in a five minute mid-update break, we we able to conquer 21 targets and reinforce Ixnay. Fun conversations were also had!
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Sicarius News Bot
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicarius News Bot » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:39 pm

TOFULINE REFOUNDED! NATIVES FAIL MISERABLY.

Not so long ago, in fact it was only last month, the 190 nations of Tofuline lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when The Fire Nation Sicarius attacked. Only the Founder Thafoo, he who posses the ultimate power in the region, could stop them, but when the his region needed him most, he vanished.

Seizing this valuable opportunity, the Dominus Sicarii of Sicarius started scouting the region and planning their attack.

With the loss of their founder, the citizens of Tofuline were panicking; fearing for their security, they planned to refound their region... but it was already too late.

{THE INFILTRATION}

The Sapientia spotted a newly constructed walls around the target he was staking out. He also spotted many 'Wanted:' posters with his name on it, preventing him from strolling into the region. So Sap put on the only disguise he had on, a mustache and a funny light-up nose. Surprisingly nobody found out who he was as he infiltrated as the nation Attack On Titans, and for weeks he idled there, entering bars to pick up the latest gossip, and getting private shows at the local brothel to learn about the natives. All in the name of research of course.

The Sapientia hiding within the "Walls" of Tofuline

As he learned multitudes of information, he was able to pass it along to the rest of the Sicarii. Once he gathered enough information The Sapientia exited through the front door, smirking in anticipation.

{THE ATTACK}

July 20th, 2014: It has been a month since the fall of Tofuline's founder, and today was the day the native were going to retake their home. Unfortunately for them, The Assassin ShadowX was eyeing his target. As the oblivious natives were busy emptying their region and archiving their old region's tens upon tens of thousands of RMB posts, they were utterly blind to see the predator stalking them.

The Assassin ShadowX waiting for the perfect moment to attack.

The hour came, and the naive natives thought they were ready. Alas, they could not match the power of Sicarius. While the natives were clueless to the precise time at which their region "updates" (and thus cease to exist and make a refound possible) The Dominus Sicarii gathered intel and found that the region will update and CTE at exactly 12:01:54.5 PM EST. As the moment came, The Assassin ShadowX lunged at his prey and refounded the region.

At 12:01:55.0, merely half a second later, it was done. Tofuline was reborn, and held fiercely in the grasp of Sicarius.

The Assassins victory dance was done as Space Jam played in the background.
A glimpse into the past of Tofuline

Hail The Sapientia The Infiltrator!
Hail The Assassin ShadowX The Attacker!

All Hail Sicarius!
Last edited by Sicarius News Bot on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Good job on the steal, this things are always funny.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:02 pm

Perhaps someone out there should establish an informative thread or other information source for this kind of stuff - Helping regions refound, etc.

I'm sure we'll see complaints of how we claim refounds are a tool of safety, and then steal them. The retort in this case was that it was poorly done, with poor timing. It was done as soon as it was emptied. It was done at a time when it's relatively easy for many of us to be on (as seen by two refound steals, and a tag raid between Two raiders orgs, and three whole defender in the field all in the same minor), and most lethally, they let someone in. An unknown nation, when the region was already almost empty. Someone who couldn't use their WA for weeks due to "technical problems." Who offered to help with the refound. It's just not common knowledge to many that you should wait once you're ready to go for a while, do it without warning at an unwieldy time, and get help only from those you trust. Also, in trying to refound it with a specific nation rather than several friends trying with puppets ready to be handed over to Thafoo, they added risk.

If someone other than a disguised raider was out there, properly teaching people how to refound, it would at least be *hard* for us do this. Because this...this was something I literally felt bad about. It was just....too easy. We didn't even expect to get anywhere near this far when we figured, noticing Thafoo got DEAT'ed, to try and put a puppet in for the hell of it.

Anyways. Hey, now they don't have to move again. They can just stay safe in the foundered Tofulinearity.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Assassin ShadowX
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assassin ShadowX » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Perhaps someone out there should establish an informative thread or other information source for this kind of stuff - Helping regions refound, etc.

Or... or, we could make a set of instructions to follow, then act selfish and keep it to ourselves.

Sure it sounds bad, but if we make our techniques and methods public, our enemies can easily use them against us. (And of course it be would harder for us to conduct such operation as Tofuline in the future)

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:16 pm

The Assassin ShadowX wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Perhaps someone out there should establish an informative thread or other information source for this kind of stuff - Helping regions refound, etc.

Or... or, we could make a set of instructions to follow, then act selfish and keep it to ourselves.

Sure it sounds bad, but if we make our techniques and methods public, our enemies can easily use them against us. (And of course it be would harder for us to conduct such operation as Tofuline in the future)

Well not us :P But with all the R/D guides that are really just R guides, you'd think someone would make a guide for how to properly keep a region safe. How to keep and maintain a good password, and when you might want one. How to properly refound, and where you might get some help doing so. Who you can ask for help. All that kind of stuff. It wouldn't even be that hard. If I was a defender, I could have it published by Friday. At least it'd make this....challenging. Not like this... as a metaphor some have enjoyed recently, clubbing baby seals. It was a good op in the end. But at least Sap and I, when we first talked and he put a puppet in, didn't think it would go far. We didn't think people would be this...trusting? Gullible? Naive? ....

I'm not saying we should have done anything differently. It's just not as fun when it's this easy. When it's practically handed to you. My heart is not entirely cold yet :P These guys...just didn't stand a chance in hell.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:18 pm

The only thing you accomplished was pissing off people. That's all your raider scum care about! I have absolutely had it with R/D. Max needs to either eradicate R/D from the game, or split off those who do not want to participate in it. There is no longer room on NS for both sides to live in peace. I'm over it.
I am Chrinthanium
"Mr. Humprhies, come sit next to me and give me a baby."
Gallade wrote:
R the Zombie wrote:I don't eat ponies. I'm not interested in crapping rainbows all night.

Either live up to negative stereotypes or GTFO, R!

Benshir wrote:
Cadonica wrote:Brazilian Ji Jitsu

Remember, it's only gay if you make eye contact.

Gallade wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Guess the potatoes are going to be expensive this season.

Ach, that will drive up the price of Irish beef here when we have to make up for the loss.

Thanks R, you've singlehandedly destroyed the EU.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:21 pm

*sigh*

Cue the angry people. Ready to debate, fellows? Remember - Cool, Calm, Collected. Lets try to keep bans to a minimum this time.

At least no one can claim we target RP'ers this time. This was Generalites.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Feuer Ritter wrote:Good job on the steal, this things are always funny.

Your sense of humor is SICK. You wouldnt like it if we barged on and destroyed your precious Black Riders, right? Then leave other regions alone. I cant wait till roleplayers start raiding regions like yours.
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:29 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:*sigh*

Cue the angry people. Ready to debate, fellows? Remember - Cool, Calm, Collected. Lets try to keep bans to a minimum this time.

Generalites who wanted to be left alone but god forbit the damn R/Ders decided otherwise. You want to pick on something? Pick on regions that defend. Leave the rest of us alone. You're nothing but a useless hack who gets nothing but enjoyment out of making others miserable. Trust me when I say, it is coming to the point where enough people on NS are pissed off at the selfish and senseless raiders around here. After Mallorea and Riva's poor judgement choice in the Security Council, I'm about fed up with the whole damn thing.
I am Chrinthanium
Gallade wrote:
R the Zombie wrote:I don't eat ponies. I'm not interested in crapping rainbows all night.

Benshir wrote:

Gallade wrote:

Ach, that will drive up the price of Irish beef here when we have to make up for the loss.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:30 pm

Canton Empire wrote:

Your sense of humor is SICK. You wouldnt like it if we barged on and destroyed your precious Black Riders, right? Then leave other regions alone. I cant wait till roleplayers start raiding regions like yours.

See this USED to be possible but now that the admins have given us founders, we have unstoppable shields to deflect all raiding attempts on us (as long as we're attentive or can make a log in script). :)
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:31 pm

Canton Empire wrote:

Thing is though, that would require two things

-Roleplayers to organize to defend, which we all saw tries at to no effect in Ixnay (plus this is mostly an Generalite region anyways, as I just stated)

-Them to be raidable. They have a founder. Non-exec delegacy. And if by some miracle they went founderless they'd either properly refound, or just move.

Aye, Venico. Exactly.

As has been covered many times before, Zombie, Defender regions are as unattackable as Raider regions are. We fight them on the battlegrounds of the world....when they show up that is.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Snowfall the Unicorn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Snowfall the Unicorn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:32 pm

I have to wonder how raiding continues to exist with NS's strict anti-trolling policies...

...oh right, Mall and Riva works for TBR...

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:34 pm

Snowfall the Unicorn wrote:I have to wonder how raiding continues to exist with NS's strict anti-trolling policies...

We're not TBR. And it's been stated by many of the mods in non-modly respect conversations that they oppose raiding. M&R isn't the boss. He's but one mod.

But that's another topic entirely.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:34 pm

Snowfall the Unicorn wrote:I have to wonder how raiding continues to exist with NS's strict anti-trolling policies...

*sigh* Raiding has been deemed legitimate since before Mall started playing.

Mall is a forum moderator and cannot affect gameplay in any way except as a player.

Mall is actually a raider for The Black Hawks, not the Riders.

Also, what Souls said. Many mods are actually former defenders like Crazy Girl, Sedge, and Ballo (who is actually an admin and has implemented tools to make defending easier).
Last edited by Venico on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:35 pm

Venico wrote:

Mall is a forum moderator and cannot affect gameplay in anyways except as a player.

And all that :P Sorry, I'm tired.

I had hoped that this not being reported on for 12 hours might calm things down a bit.... apparently not.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:36 pm

R the Zombie wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:*sigh*

Generalites who wanted to be left alone but god forbit the damn R/Ders decided otherwise. You want to pick on something? Pick on regions that defend. Leave the rest of us alone. You're nothing but a useless hack who gets nothing but enjoyment out of making others miserable. Trust me when I say, it is coming to the point where enough people on NS are pissed off at the selfish and senseless raiders around here. After Mallorea and Riva's poor judgement choice in the Security Council, I'm about fed up with the whole damn thing.

The selfish and senseless raiders who are offering you your region back under certain conditions...

Oh and Mal is a Hawk, not a Rider.
on that note, Sicarius aren't riders either
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Snowfall the Unicorn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Snowfall the Unicorn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:36 pm

Venico wrote:

Mall is a forum moderator and cannot affect gameplay in anyways except as a player.

I was trying to say raiding = trolling... and... actually, not the right thread...

Still, raiding is trolling.

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:37 pm

You are getting exactly the type of reaction you wanted and expected. No point in taking something if no one is upset is there? What are the blackmail conditions?
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:39 pm

Sichuan Pepper wrote:You are getting exactly the type of reaction you wanted and expected. No point in taking something if no one is upset is there? What are the blackmail conditions?

This sounds like more of a sale than blackmail since Sicarius owns it.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:42 pm

The Sapientia wrote:
R the Zombie wrote:Generalites who wanted to be left alone but god forbit the damn R/Ders decided otherwise. You want to pick on something? Pick on regions that defend. Leave the rest of us alone. You're nothing but a useless hack who gets nothing but enjoyment out of making others miserable. Trust me when I say, it is coming to the point where enough people on NS are pissed off at the selfish and senseless raiders around here. After Mallorea and Riva's poor judgement choice in the Security Council, I'm about fed up with the whole damn thing.

The selfish and senseless raiders who are offering you your region back under certain conditions...

Screw the goddamned conditions. Give it back forthwith without conditions.
I am Chrinthanium
Gallade wrote:

Benshir wrote:

Gallade wrote:

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:42 pm

Snowfall the Unicorn wrote:I was trying to say raiding = trolling... and... actually, not the right thread...

Still, raiding is trolling.

My last few arguments on that lie in the Invasion in anarchy thread, if you wish to talk about it it respect to that. I'd rather not repeat them here.

Sichuan Pepper wrote:You are getting exactly the type of reaction you wanted and expected. No point in taking something if no one is upset is there? What are the blackmail conditions?

We expected not to make it this far. Then, yes, we expected this. Maybe we're also hoping to see an opposing force stand up one day. So far, this non-aggressive protest thing isn't working so great for the world. As for any deals, this hasn;t been my op since I let Sap have the sole sleeper there and decided not to risk a second when he beat me in by an hour or so :P You'd have to ask the others

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Snowfall the Unicorn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Snowfall the Unicorn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:42 pm

R the Zombie wrote:
The Sapientia wrote:

What??? Raiders, stop being assholes for an entire minute? Are you high???

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:43 pm

R the Zombie wrote:
The Sapientia wrote:

Raiders don't give things for free. Remember that

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:44 pm

If Tofuline is to act all nice and cutesy, they may gain back the RMB, parts of the WFE, and the password would be lifted.
But they haven't been very polite at all! :blink:
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay