NATION

PASSWORD

The Somewhat-Official Warzone Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Anonymouslands wrote:I wonder what percentage of the Nationstates gamers are puppets and inactives.

Well each prominent gameplayer has a minimum of 100 puppets between switchers and sleepers and then there all all of the puppet dumps across NS. And I imagine each NS player has a minimum of 1 regular puppet. I'd say possibly a dozen thousand or so. I may start parking some of mine in the WZs soon 8)
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Re: The Somewhat-Official Warzone Thread

Postby Khronion » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:49 pm

dump them in sandbox :P there were a few LLA ones I think that just cte'd in WZEU... Our poor population count...

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
Anonymouslands wrote:I wonder what percentage of the Nationstates gamers are puppets and inactives.

Well each prominent gameplayer has a minimum of 100 puppets between switchers and sleepers and then there all all of the puppet dumps across NS. And I imagine each NS player has a minimum of 1 regular puppet. I'd say possibly a dozen thousand or so. I may start parking some of mine in the WZs soon 8)

I've got like 10 obvious puppets and 10 sneaky ones that no one knows about. xD

100 - 10 - 10 = 0? :p
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

DWAsnia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby DWAsnia » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:40 pm

Rifty wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:Well each prominent gameplayer has a minimum of 100 puppets between switchers and sleepers and then there all all of the puppet dumps across NS. And I imagine each NS player has a minimum of 1 regular puppet. I'd say possibly a dozen thousand or so. I may start parking some of mine in the WZs soon 8)

I've got like 10 obvious puppets and 10 sneaky ones that no one knows about. xD

He wasn't talking about you Rifty.
<Acario> it is Drasnia's job to shit in people's cheerios On a self-imposed forum hiatus.

Ancian
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancian » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:10 pm

Rifty wrote:
Khronion wrote:Part of the issue is that it's always much easier to get pilers than it is to get updaters. Asking someone to endorse the delegate? Easy. Asking someone to be online during the update ready to switch between Warzones? A little harder, to say the least.

Have your MoD start training them? He would be an experience updater?
you can only train nations that are willing and are somewhat active. We've sent out regional tgs to get people to volunteer were trying to get some to practice piling etc. Its not working. No one will try or even reply usually.
Proud Governor of WZEU.
Economic Left/Right: -1.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:21 pm

DWAsnia wrote:
Rifty wrote:I've got like 10 obvious puppets and 10 sneaky ones that no one knows about. xD

He wasn't talking about you Rifty.

"each prominent gameplayer"

I fit into his category ;)

Ancian wrote:
Rifty wrote:Oh it sure is much easier to get pilers over updaters. I don't deal with our military though - I just run the region. :)
Have your MoD start training them? He would be an experience updater?
you can only train nations that are willing and are somewhat active. We've sent out regional tgs to get people to volunteer were trying to get some to practice piling etc. Its not working. No one will try or even reply usually.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:59 pm

I think that most people in the Warzones are inactive puppets.

Apulita
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Apulita » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Citizen of Warzone Europe

Arekrya
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arekrya » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 pm

That's great! I'm suprised that WZAF came out on top in anything, even if it is due to foreign military support.
Last edited by Arekrya on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President of Warzone Africa

"Preserving our past, protecting our present, pursuing our future."

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:14 am

Hey, foreign militaries are part of our community too! where would we be without the support of our allies all around nationstates?

North Campbell Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Campbell Nation » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:52 am

Nice. I love that you've also included the growth trends. I'm quite curious if there isn't a way to adjust some of the WA and activity statistics for population in order to compare some of the other prominent regions and get a baseline comparison. Now that would be interesting.

As usual, Warzone Asia is hanging comfortably in second place with its slow but sustainable growth trend.
WA Proxy of The Campbell Nation
Delegate and Chairman, the People's Republic of Warzone Asia
Khronion: I gotta say, I don't envy our delegates. Hopefully they live in non-punishing time zones.
Khronion: Curiously enough, all quiet now means "3 attacks repelled from the same group at major."
Severisen: You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Until I say otherwise, assume what I am saying does not represent the official views of the People's Republic of Warzone Asia. I get into much less trouble that way.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:21 am

The resort will be allowing the embassy with TBR, not because we condone their actions, but because they allow embassy posting for all nations!
- From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations and Regional Propaganda of the Central Atlantic Islands of the Pacific

Join the party at Warzone Vacation Resort!
I finally gave in and now I have a quotes spoiler. Yay!
We Are Not the NSA wrote:If the real world was like NS, then Belgium could have just password protected itself, or simply moved somewhere else, away from Germany.

Arekrya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arekrya » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:45 am

Khronion wrote:Hey, foreign militaries are part of our community too! where would we be without the support of our allies all around nationstates?

You're right about that!

DWAsnia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby DWAsnia » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:54 am

You should add the date(s) of when the data was collected. :)
<Acario> it is Drasnia's job to shit in people's cheerios On a self-imposed forum hiatus.

North Campbell Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby North Campbell Nation » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm hoping that we're about due for another edition of WAR. *nudge nudge, wink wink*
Khronion: I gotta say, I don't envy our delegates. Hopefully they live in non-punishing time zones.
Khronion: Curiously enough, all quiet now means "3 attacks repelled from the same group at major."
Severisen: You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Until I say otherwise, assume what I am saying does not represent the official views of the People's Republic of Warzone Asia. I get into much less trouble that way.

Warzone Allied Reporter
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Warzone Allied Reporter » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:02 pm

The latest issue of The Warzone Weekly is out! Now brought to you by the Warzone Allied Reporter!

Moreover, exclusive interviews with Trick Shot and Ace of Diamonds, WZAU delegates past and present, are now available!
Last edited by Warzone Allied Reporter on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the Office of the Warzone Allied Reports

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Who likes the idea of turning WZSA into Camp Halg-Blood/ Jupiter?

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:17 pm

You're the delegate, you're in charge! Haha.

Anyhoo... Are any Warzonians interested in putting up a bid for the NS World Fair? Maybe we can see if we can put up a Pan-Warzone bid and try to have a lecture on the gameplay dynamics of the past year or so. Or something. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=316018

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:19 pm

We're going to try to be host region of World Fair!

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:34 pm

I think we'd have better luck making a pan-Warzone bid... There are some pretty big names up there.

Arekrya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arekrya » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Khronion wrote:You're the delegate, you're in charge! Haha.

Anyhoo... Are any Warzonians interested in putting up a bid for the NS World Fair? Maybe we can see if we can put up a Pan-Warzone bid and try to have a lecture on the gameplay dynamics of the past year or so. Or something. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=316018

Campbell actually mentioned it. My opinion: I say go for it! Even if we don't suceed, it will have been interesting to try.

Apulita
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Apulita » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:53 am

North Campbell Nation wrote:

Nice. I love that you've also included the growth trends. I'm quite curious if there isn't a way to adjust some of the WA and activity statistics for population in order to compare some of the other prominent regions and get a baseline comparison. Now that would be interesting.

As usual, Warzone Asia is hanging comfortably in second place with its slow but sustainable growth trend.

Glad you like it and I'd be happy to produce a graph with the addition of a few example regions to give a feel. Any suggestions? I could do one that includes the AoI...

DWAsnia wrote:

You should add the date(s) of when the data was collected. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, as of the next issue dates will be added. :lol:

I don't know if we have the infrastructure to host but I'm very interested in participation!
Citizen of Warzone Europe

North Campbell Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby North Campbell Nation » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:20 am

Actually, you kind of just jumped the gun on the ongoing TG discussions. I was trying to keep discussion limited until I could put out a reasonably official announcement, but since you've beat me to it…

So far, we were thinking that we'd all join together to have a single regional venue. This would ensure that someone is around to set up, and give us a larger creative pool to draw from in designing things like banners, badges, and fun games. It's another sign of Warzone unity to the world community at large, and it makes sure that even if there's a coup just prior/during the event, we'll still have a region to speak of. With all of this, we'd have everything necessary to put out a top-level venue and cook up a few pleasant surprises for the populace.

As for hosting, while that would be awesome, I am fairly confident we lack the infrastructure, both in population (we'd need to have people online pretty much constantly), technical know-how (we'd need to be able to deal with emergencies fairly quickly), and general stability (it would make us a target) to host such an event. It might be on the horizon, but not in the immediate future.
Now, a lecture of some sort might be in the cards, especially given the moderate level of success of the Warzone Weekly/Warzone Allied Reports/ Whatever periodicals. This is something I would encourage some thinking and TG discussion

Arekrya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arekrya » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:27 am

Oh, I apologize Campbell, I misread your TG, then I started posting of it too early.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:52 am

Warzone Allied Reporter wrote:The latest issue of The Warzone Weekly is out! Now brought to you by the Warzone Allied Reporter!

Moreover, exclusive interviews with Trick Shot and Ace of Diamonds, WZAU delegates past and present, are now available!

Cool, a new nation just for the news!
- From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations and Regional Propaganda of the Central Atlantic Islands of the Pacific

Join the party at Warzone Vacation Resort!
I finally gave in and now I have a quotes spoiler. Yay!
We Are Not the NSA wrote:If the real world was like NS, then Belgium could have just password protected itself, or simply moved somewhere else, away from Germany.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay