NATION

PASSWORD

The Somewhat-Official Warzone Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:10 am

Arekrya wrote:Exactly, I've been at WZAF for almost half a year now, and yet I still have not really seen my work pay off, and I doubt I fully will for quite a while. Any, in WZAF news, we were raided for one update by the NPA and the SPSF, before they left the region, and two updates later, with IoR's help, I re secured the region, and now our friends in the EPSA are helping me keep it stable until I can raise stability on my own (thanks again!)

The trend of instability mayyyy or may not have started after the first time EPSA dropped by in August... :meh:
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:30 pm

We might become an activist region! So many ideas, so little time...

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Xoriet wrote:The trend of instability mayyyy or may not have started after the first time EPSA dropped by in August... :meh:

I was actually looking through EPNS issues and found the one about where EPSA and someone else occupied WZAS for awhile :lol:

WZAF has always been a little small. Maybe we can all chip in a little and buy Arekrya some TG stamps haha xD

Ancian
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancian » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:27 pm

The Isles of Random wrote:
Rifty wrote:Well there's a dilemma there. You lose your work that pulls in natives down to a lack of natives. hmm. Doesn't the UWR have a garrison of troops or something?

Unfortunately most of the UWR members are occupied in holding up the fort in WZEU and WZAI. I'm not sure of how many troops can be mobilized without endangering the safety of the other Warzones. As of right now, I am one of the mobile troops. If I believe that someone needs some endo help, I'll hop on over.
We're not technically in the uwr. But yeah....no helps coming cause the other uwr nations are busy keeping themselves afloat. In a few weeks I'll send one or two wa's your way if you still need it when the wa are available.
Last edited by Ancian on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Governor of WZEU.
Economic Left/Right: -1.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Ancian wrote:
The Isles of Random wrote:Unfortunately most of the UWR members are occupied in holding up the fort in WZEU and WZAI. I'm not sure of how many troops can be mobilized without endangering the safety of the other Warzones. As of right now, I am one of the mobile troops. If I believe that someone needs some endo help, I'll hop on over.
We're not technically in the uwr. But yeah....no helps coming cause the other uwr nations are busy keeping themselves afloat. In a few weeks I'll send one or two wa's your way if you still need it when the wa are available.

So what - The UWR takes care of all; even non-members?
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Unite or Die?

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:51 pm

Where are the terms of the UWR listed on the offsite?
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Anonymouslands wrote:Unite or Die?

A unified warzone collective is in the best interest of the warzones at the very least a unified military whose main purpose should to be control a strike team to hold up and restore the warzones as needed by spacing out endorsements amongst the warzones as evenly as possible.

North Campbell Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Campbell Nation » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:00 pm

NoblePhnx wrote:Where are the terms of the UWR listed on the offsite?

The official UWR forums are here, and the constitution is here.
WA Proxy of The Campbell Nation
Delegate and Chairman, the People's Republic of Warzone Asia
Khronion: I gotta say, I don't envy our delegates. Hopefully they live in non-punishing time zones.
Khronion: Curiously enough, all quiet now means "3 attacks repelled from the same group at major."
Severisen: You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Until I say otherwise, assume what I am saying does not represent the official views of the People's Republic of Warzone Asia. I get into much less trouble that way.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:01 pm

NoblePhnx wrote:
Anonymouslands wrote:Unite or Die?

A unified warzone collective is in the best interest of the warzones at the very least a unified military whose main purpose should to be control a strike team to hold up and restore the warzones as needed by spacing out endorsements amongst the warzones as evenly as possible.

Being realistic - They need 60 WA nations to have an effective UWR military
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:06 pm

Rifty wrote:
NoblePhnx wrote:A unified warzone collective is in the best interest of the warzones at the very least a unified military whose main purpose should to be control a strike team to hold up and restore the warzones as needed by spacing out endorsements amongst the warzones as evenly as possible.

Not to mention, the more secure a region appears, the larger the target becomes for raiders.
Just sayin'
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:08 pm

Rifty wrote:
NoblePhnx wrote:A unified warzone collective is in the best interest of the warzones at the very least a unified military whose main purpose should to be control a strike team to hold up and restore the warzones as needed by spacing out endorsements amongst the warzones as evenly as possible.

60 WA nations would be a tall order cut that number in half, carry 5 endos on each warzone delegate for 30 and keep a force of 5-8 WA nations as a mobile strikeforce which can prop up whichever warzone is under threat or needs additional endorsements.

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:10 pm

North Campbell Nation wrote:
NoblePhnx wrote:Where are the terms of the UWR listed on the offsite?

The official UWR forums are here, and the constitution is here.

So there is no official military cooperation agreement in the UWS constitution is this by design and moreso covered under Section I of Article 5?

The Isles of Random
Envoy

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:11 pm

So the poll is done and a name has been chosen!

The Warzone Weekly shall now be referred to as Warzone Allied Reports or for short: WAR. This only pertains to the acronym used. It is up to Khronion if the entire newspaper's name is changed.
- From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations and Regional Propaganda of the Central Atlantic Islands of the Pacific

Join the party at Warzone Vacation Resort!
I finally gave in and now I have a quotes spoiler. Yay!
We Are Not the NSA wrote:If the real world was like NS, then Belgium could have just password protected itself, or simply moved somewhere else, away from Germany.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:18 pm

I just realized I've been getting the acronyms for Warzone Airspace and Warzone Asia mixed up... :meh:

Please tell me if the following is correct:

Warzone Airspace= WZAI

Warzone Asia= WZAS
- From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations and Regional Propaganda of the Central Atlantic Islands of the Pacific

We Are Not the NSA wrote:If the real world was like NS, then Belgium could have just password protected itself, or simply moved somewhere else, away from Germany.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:26 pm

If WZSB or WZAU get raided we'll be putting it back to the natives
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:35 pm

NoblePhnx wrote:
Rifty wrote:Being realistic - They need 60 WA nations to have an effective UWR military

60 WA nations would be a tall order cut that number in half, carry 5 endos on each warzone delegate for 30 and keep a force of 5-8 WA nations as a mobile strikeforce which can prop up whichever warzone is under threat or needs additional endorsements.

WZEU has been hesitant to join the UWR because it requires us to give up significant sovereignty -- namely the ability to conduct our own diplomatic affairs. While a good argument was made for why that wasn't a bad thing, our unique relationship with other groups (AoI, Equilism) makes it difficult for us to want to give up that ability. I'm also not necessarily in favor of it because it's not clear if member regions are allowed to conduct their own independent military affairs. The UWR constitution is sometimes too ambiguous.

We are, of course, always in favor of a pan-Warzone military agreement that would more or less outline what you put there. Bizarrely enough though, a lot of Warzone residents are not very well versed in military gameplay, let alone update mechanics.

Each time a raid comes around, I'm always hopeful it encourages some of our natives to learn how R/D play works, but so far it hasn't had that effect. Which is too bad, because NS is much more interesting with R/D than without...

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:18 pm

I agree there Khron the UWR concept to be effective needs to be binding rather than ambiguous and put some ink down about some kind of pan warzone army, that would require a complete overhaul which the warzones are not really ready for it would seem.

Arekrya
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arekrya » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:34 pm

That's the one thing that's unfortunate about the UWR: it dosn't define much. I agree with Khoronion that it would be better if natives learned R/D though...
President of Warzone Africa

"Preserving our past, protecting our present, pursuing our future."

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Part of the issue is that it's always much easier to get pilers than it is to get updaters. Asking someone to endorse the delegate? Easy. Asking someone to be online during the update ready to switch between Warzones? A little harder, to say the least.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:27 pm

Khronion wrote:Part of the issue is that it's always much easier to get pilers than it is to get updaters. Asking someone to endorse the delegate? Easy. Asking someone to be online during the update ready to switch between Warzones? A little harder, to say the least.

Have your MoD start training them? He would be an experience updater?
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Arekrya
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arekrya » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Khronion wrote:Part of the issue is that it's always much easier to get pilers than it is to get updaters. Asking someone to endorse the delegate? Easy. Asking someone to be online during the update ready to switch between Warzones? A little harder, to say the least.

Indeed, as I've said before, I did some work for a GCR in a small raiding region as a spy, and despite their fairly sizeable region, only about four of us were ever on for update.
President of Warzone Africa

"Preserving our past, protecting our present, pursuing our future."

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:02 pm

I wonder what percentage of the Nationstates gamers are puppets and inactives.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Anonymouslands wrote:I wonder what percentage of the Nationstates gamers are puppets and inactives.

I think of it this way - The amount of WA nations is roughly the number of individuals on here.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:48 am

TBR finally paid a visit to WZV Resort. Now to figure out how to enter the endo swappers in the guest book.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay