NATION

PASSWORD

The Somewhat-Official Warzone Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Rifty wrote:Can I just make a comment - most raiding regions don't really have a community. :\

Sicarius is kinda dry, same with TBR...Madrigal is getting better

The community is at updates, which as you've said, you tend to avoid ;) That, and in all the regions where we've got sleepers respectful citizens awaiting orders.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:05 pm

Rhina wrote:
Rifty wrote:You aren't the native government - you are restorative raiders. You won't be the native government. As much as I disliked Ace's actions in not recruiting and being lazy. I need to a ure his WZAU remains part of the commonwealth. The government currently in there isn't part of the commonwealth unfortunately.

We are stronger than Ace's government, and would be perfectly happy to take their place in your Commonwealth if you would have us. I would need to know what is involved in doing so, of course.

Interesting - interesting...Well; if you are more capable than so be it. I would expect that you let ace join your region though.

What does it entail?

A line in your WFE, pinning of a single dispatch, offering us who you wish to be part of the tribunal, an embassy and a smile! :)

In return there is the ongoing support of AoI. The tribunal allows for a member of any commonwealth state to help direct the commonwealth and get to be chancellor in AoI.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Rhina
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rhina » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Rifty wrote:Interesting - interesting...Well; if you are more capable than so be it. I would expect that you let ace join your region though.

What does it entail?

A line in your WFE, pinning of a single dispatch, offering us who you wish to be part of the tribunal, an embassy and a smile! :)

In return there is the ongoing support of AoI. The tribunal allows for a member of any commonwealth state to help direct the commonwealth and get to be chancellor in AoI.

Of course Ace will be allowed back in, provided he follows the Welcome Telegram orders quickly enough that I don't try to autoban him. :P But that is no different from anyone else entering the region, so don't take that to mean I am discriminating.

Anyway, just TG me the necessary materials and I'll see about getting in a tribunal member. Be advised, the entire Body Republic has already gone to bed, so don't be too surprised if you get an angry message from an uninformed member of ours before I've had a chance to let them know. ;)
Mara Sargon
Wandering Traveler

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:51 pm

NoblePhnx wrote: Okay, now what does the first one means?

The first and the second ones are from Heroes of Olympus. We would change our government style to match with one of the camps, Half-Blood/Jupiter. Ex. If it was Jupiter, then we would implement a system of Praetors and Centurions.
Last edited by Anonymouslands on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhina
Spokesperson

Postby Rhina » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:49 pm

The Hyperion Order will begin posting Warzone Weekly in Warzone Australia starting with the next edition. The newspaper's author may telegram me links, or I can simply dig them up from this thread; whichever is more convenient.

Our media department would also be interested in contributing to Warzone Weekly from time to time, if the author would be so kind. :)
Mara Sargon
Wandering Traveler

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Rhina wrote:The Hyperion Order will begin posting Warzone Weekly in Warzone Australia starting with the next edition. The newspaper's author may telegram me links, or I can simply dig them up from this thread; whichever is more convenient.

Our media department would also be interested in contributing to Warzone Weekly from time to time, if the author would be so kind. :)

I'm sure Khronion would be more than happy to have you help out with TWW (I REFUSE TO USE WAR- TWW MASTER RACE!). Just shoot him a telegram. The links get posted in this thread all the time :D
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Apulita
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Apulita » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:07 am

Rifty wrote:
Rhina wrote:The Hyperion Order will begin posting Warzone Weekly in Warzone Australia starting with the next edition. The newspaper's author may telegram me links, or I can simply dig them up from this thread; whichever is more convenient.

I'm sure Khronion would be more than happy to have you help out with TWW (I REFUSE TO USE WAR- TWW MASTER RACE!). Just shoot him a telegram. The links get posted in this thread all the time :D

#WZWmasterrace :p

Also, interesting turn of events in WZAU, no official comments for now.
Citizen of Warzone Europe

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:15 am

I never realized that this could be so contentious!

I'm gonna say it's The Warzone Weekly (abbreviate how you will), a production of the Warzone Allied Reports. If Apulita doesn't mind, we can call the WZR a sister publication to The Warzone Weekly. If anyone else wants to start a publication and put it under the WAR family, just TG me.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:26 am

Apulita wrote:
Rifty wrote:I'm sure Khronion would be more than happy to have you help out with TWW (I REFUSE TO USE WAR- TWW MASTER RACE!). Just shoot him a telegram. The links get posted in this thread all the time :D

#WZWmasterrace :p

Also, interesting turn of events in WZAU, no official comments for now.

#TWWmasterrace

Interesting indeed - Former allies of TEK; and than an enemy(?) to TEK. Either way we've been around them before; They are an educated bunch.

The native government had not even attempted to do anything to get ahead - so be it?
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:56 am

And I thought last edition's coverage of WZAU was extensive, but it looks like things keep getting better...

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:00 am

Khronion wrote:And I thought last edition's coverage of WZAU was extensive, but it looks like things keep getting better...

AoI commonwealth gets even larger in the Warzones AND hoperfully the treaty between AoI and WZEU is finalized.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Apulita
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Apulita » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:53 am

Khronion wrote:I never realized that this could be so contentious!

I'm gonna say it's The Warzone Weekly (abbreviate how you will), a production of the Warzone Allied Reports. If Apulita doesn't mind, we can call the WZR a sister publication to The Warzone Weekly. If anyone else wants to start a publication and put it under the WAR family, just TG me.

That sounds good, the WAR will be the publication umbrella, with the Warzone Weekly being the flagship publication, and the WSR as a sister publication. Also, it would be great if we got more contributors to it but I have no idea what else we could publish.
Citizen of Warzone Europe

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:20 am

Someone should write a guide to Gameplay in the Warzones for our residents. It might convince more to take a more active role. We can publish that as well.

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:25 am

Apulita wrote:
Khronion wrote:I never realized that this could be so contentious!

That sounds good, the WAR will be the publication umbrella, with the Warzone Weekly being the flagship publication, and the WSR as a sister publication. Also, it would be great if we got more contributors to it but I have no idea what else we could publish.

I could make some more of those wordles?

Ace of Diamonds
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ace of Diamonds » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:29 am

I did recruit, though in my short time as delegate I did not have the success that I wanted to. I am very disappointed in what happened and I will not return to a community that has excommunicated me.

I had a good vision for WZAU, and I only hope the new leadership has the same passion for both WZAU and the Warzone community.

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:41 am

Ace of Diamonds wrote:I did recruit, though in my short time as delegate I did not have the success that I wanted to. I am very disappointed in what happened and I will not return to a community that has excommunicated me.

I had a good vision for WZAU, and I only hope the new leadership has the same passion for both WZAU and the Warzone community.

Please vote in the Warzone Sandbox poll before you go!

Rhina
Spokesperson

Postby Rhina » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:22 am

Ace of Diamonds wrote:I did recruit, though in my short time as delegate I did not have the success that I wanted to. I am very disappointed in what happened and I will not return to a community that has excommunicated me.

If you ever change your mind, we'll save a seat for you.
Mara Sargon
Wandering Traveler

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:33 am

Rifty wrote:
Khronion wrote:
Stamps are definitely more efficient than the API or manually TGing. And in terms of exposure, it's absolutely vital to get as many TGs out there. But I think we also have a second unique struggle -- we have to retain members through raids and purges. A feeder/sinker or region with a founder rarely has to worry about someone suddenly purging the entire population. I suspect the vast majority of delegate endorsers are causal gameplayers with little interest in R/D. If a purge comes around, it's easy to lose all the people we pull in.

I think if we're gonna wanna buck that trend, we need to create a strong and compelling regional culture. I think what the AoI (and a lot of other raider groups actually) does really well is create a sort of culture where newcomers feel like they're part of something interesting and developed. That goes a long way in encouraging recruited people from being more than just once-a-day issue answers and WA voters.

Can I just make a comment - most raiding regions don't really have a community. :\

And suddenly I like you even less!
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Rifty wrote:Can I just make a comment - most raiding regions don't really have a community. :\

Got zero fucks to give - I really do xD

Sicarius has a community that consists of Sap, EWS, yourself, Trick shot and Noble. Very small, Very empty. Not criticizing your abilities as raiders cause you can update like beasts - But community wise id get bored and leave if i had joined. If someone is gonna get butthurt over a comment that does not tear apart a community and in which i have said you make up for it elsewhere - than so be it. However i am not gonna sit here and make you feel better if you wish to play victim - Hell set yourself up to be a victim. :hug:

On the note of the new WZAU government - They already have enough endorsements to hold their own. It's being lead by a very competent leader and i know for a fact that as long as they stay the region will continue to grow in size and activity.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:51 pm

Rifty wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

Got zero fucks to give - I really do xD

Sicarius has a community that consists of Sap, EWS, yourself, Trick shot and Noble. Very small, Very empty. Not criticizing your abilities as raiders cause you can update like beasts - But community wise id get bored and leave if i had joined. If someone is gonna get butthurt over a comment that does not tear apart a community and in which i have said you make up for it elsewhere - than so be it. However i am not gonna sit here and make you feel better if you wish to play victim - Hell set yourself up to be a victim. :hug:

On the note of the new WZAU government - They already have enough endorsements to hold their own. It's being lead by a very competent leader and i know for a fact that as long as they stay the region will continue to grow in size and activity.

I do rather enjoy being the victim...
hm...
nah. I'll just be on my merry way then.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Well, the poll is certainly heating up! Half-Blood and Environment are in the lead. I expected Environment to not get many votes. Though I think the same person voted 5 times. :D So, it might only have 2 legit votes. 3 people voted for game region, even though I said not too, so they get a telegram asking them to please change! I hope a decision is made soon!

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Khronion wrote:Someone should write a guide to Gameplay in the Warzones for our residents. It might convince more to take a more active role. We can publish that as well.

I think I''m going to do something like TRR. Write a newspaper about the whole NS world. I could make a WAR puppet account? Call it something like The _____ of Warzone Allied Reports. I could share it with everyone that writes, and we could all publish under that!

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:50 pm

I already have a Warzone Allied Reporter puppet made. If you wanna make a report, write up a first issue. If it's well-received, then we can talk about putting it under the WAR family, which now includes The Warzone Weekly and the Warzone Statistical Report.

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:39 pm

Khronion wrote:I already have a Warzone Allied Reporter puppet made. If you wanna make a report, write up a first issue. If it's well-received, then we can talk about putting it under the WAR family, which now includes The Warzone Weekly and the Warzone Statistical Report.

Ok.

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Rifty wrote:

I 2nd this, Rhina is cool ppl back when TEK and Aura Hyperia were allied before shizz went haywire it was good to work with him on some operations.That being said I do not for one second discount Ace of Diamonds stepping into the power void and trying to make WZAU a habitable place, Ace is always welcome in AoI and I would even recommend to try to become part of the new power structure in WZAU instead of going to WZEU, Ace likely will be a leader of a warzone again someday.
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay