NATION

PASSWORD

The Somewhat-Official Warzone Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:23 am

North Campbell Nation wrote:So far, we were thinking that we'd all join together to have a single regional venue. This would ensure that someone is around to set up, and give us a larger creative pool to draw from in designing things like banners, badges, and fun games. It's another sign of Warzone unity to the world community at large, and it makes sure that even if there's a coup just prior/during the event, we'll still have a region to speak of. With all of this, we'd have everything necessary to put out a top-level venue and cook up a few pleasant surprises for the populace.

As for hosting, while that would be awesome, I am fairly confident we lack the infrastructure, both in population (we'd need to have people online pretty much constantly), technical know-how (we'd need to be able to deal with emergencies fairly quickly), and general stability (it would make us a target) to host such an event. It might be on the horizon, but not in the immediate future.
Now, a lecture of some sort might be in the cards, especially given the moderate level of success of the Warzone Weekly/Warzone Allied Reports/ Whatever periodicals. This is something I would encourage some thinking and TG discussion

Hmm, yeah. Maybe hosting would be out of the question unless we tried placing it in the vacation resort? Haha. I think we should definitely attend though, maybe under a single banner rather than as separate regions. Since we're all under different organizations for now, maybe something like "Pan-Warzone Alliance" or something. We could probably give an interesting talk on the dynamics of gameplay in a Warzone (importance of military alliances, necessity of pragmatic approaches to R/D as opposed to ideological ones, importance of a robust community that returns following a purge as opposed to a stable delegacy w/ idle puppets).

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:58 pm

North Campbell Nation wrote:
Khronion wrote:You're the delegate, you're in charge! Haha.

Anyhoo... Are any Warzonians interested in putting up a bid for the NS World Fair? Maybe we can see if we can put up a Pan-Warzone bid and try to have a lecture on the gameplay dynamics of the past year or so. Or something. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=316018

Actually, you kind of just jumped the gun on the ongoing TG discussions. I was trying to keep discussion limited until I could put out a reasonably official announcement, but since you've beat me to it…

So far, we were thinking that we'd all join together to have a single regional venue. This would ensure that someone is around to set up, and give us a larger creative pool to draw from in designing things like banners, badges, and fun games. It's another sign of Warzone unity to the world community at large, and it makes sure that even if there's a coup just prior/during the event, we'll still have a region to speak of. With all of this, we'd have everything necessary to put out a top-level venue and cook up a few pleasant surprises for the populace.

As for hosting, while that would be awesome, I am fairly confident we lack the infrastructure, both in population (we'd need to have people online pretty much constantly), technical know-how (we'd need to be able to deal with emergencies fairly quickly), and general stability (it would make us a target) to host such an event. It might be on the horizon, but not in the immediate future.
Now, a lecture of some sort might be in the cards, especially given the moderate level of success of the Warzone Weekly/Warzone Allied Reports/ Whatever periodicals. This is something I would encourage some thinking and TG discussion

I think we could make a venue! After all, my ideas could be implemented. If there's a coup, yes we'd still be able to do it. I'm going to make a bid anyways, but I am very interested with a regional venue.

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:59 pm

Oh, please vote in the Warzone Sandbox poll!

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Anonymouslands wrote:Oh, please vote in the Warzone Sandbox poll!

What do the last three options mean though?
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Re: The Somewhat-Official Warzone Thread

Postby Khronion » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Beats me...

Arekrya
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arekrya » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Khronion wrote:Beats me...

Same, no idea.
President of Warzone Africa

"Preserving our past, protecting our present, pursuing our future."

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:10 pm

Activism:We're going to do Ops from Anonymous.

Environment: Focus on helping the NS environment.

Game Region:I don't like this one. Too hard to implement.

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:01 pm

Okay now what does the first one mean?
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

North Campbell Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Campbell Nation » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:47 pm

Picked Camp Jupiter in the poll (Excellent timing, BTW; I just finished Blood of Olympus this morning). In my opinion, a roman style region will be easier to arrange and link to gameplay stuff. Plus, the Romans did more stuff in sandy places than the Greeks, what with their world conquest and all.
WA Proxy of The Campbell Nation
Delegate and Chairman, the People's Republic of Warzone Asia
Khronion: I gotta say, I don't envy our delegates. Hopefully they live in non-punishing time zones.
Khronion: Curiously enough, all quiet now means "3 attacks repelled from the same group at major."
Severisen: You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Until I say otherwise, assume what I am saying does not represent the official views of the People's Republic of Warzone Asia. I get into much less trouble that way.

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Geeze man you need to settle down on something for more than a few weeks! Switching up at random isn't gonna make things go faster. Regional growth requires time!

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Khronion wrote:Geeze man you need to settle down on something for more than a few weeks! Switching up at random isn't gonna make things go faster. Regional growth requires time!

Or stamps
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:36 pm

stamps aren't gonna help you if your region has no clear purpose or structure and shifts its identity every few days or so.

Caeda
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Caeda » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:40 pm

Khronion wrote:stamps aren't gonna help you if your region has no clear purpose or structure and shifts its identity every few days or so.

Stamps are the most efficient way to recruit. Though I think most founderless regions are afraid to use them because they fear losing the money and stamps if they are raided.
Last edited by Caeda on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Khronion wrote:stamps aren't gonna help you if your region has no clear purpose or structure and shifts its identity every few days or so.

Correct
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Caeda wrote:

Stamps are the most efficient way to recruit. Though I think most founderless regions are afraid to use them because they fear losing the money and stamps if they are raided.

Stamps are definitely more efficient than the API or manually TGing. And in terms of exposure, it's absolutely vital to get as many TGs out there. But I think we also have a second unique struggle -- we have to retain members through raids and purges. A feeder/sinker or region with a founder rarely has to worry about someone suddenly purging the entire population. I suspect the vast majority of delegate endorsers are causal gameplayers with little interest in R/D. If a purge comes around, it's easy to lose all the people we pull in.

I think if we're gonna wanna buck that trend, we need to create a strong and compelling regional culture. I think what the AoI (and a lot of other raider groups actually) does really well is create a sort of culture where newcomers feel like they're part of something interesting and developed. That goes a long way in encouraging recruited people from being more than just once-a-day issue answers and WA voters.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Khronion wrote:
Caeda wrote:Stamps are the most efficient way to recruit. Though I think most founderless regions are afraid to use them because they fear losing the money and stamps if they are raided.

Stamps are definitely more efficient than the API or manually TGing. And in terms of exposure, it's absolutely vital to get as many TGs out there. But I think we also have a second unique struggle -- we have to retain members through raids and purges. A feeder/sinker or region with a founder rarely has to worry about someone suddenly purging the entire population. I suspect the vast majority of delegate endorsers are causal gameplayers with little interest in R/D. If a purge comes around, it's easy to lose all the people we pull in.

I think if we're gonna wanna buck that trend, we need to create a strong and compelling regional culture. I think what the AoI (and a lot of other raider groups actually) does really well is create a sort of culture where newcomers feel like they're part of something interesting and developed. That goes a long way in encouraging recruited people from being more than just once-a-day issue answers and WA voters.

Can I just make a comment - most raiding regions don't really have a community. :\

Sicarius is kinda dry, same with TBR...Madrigal is getting better
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Caeda
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Caeda » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Khronion wrote:
Caeda wrote:Stamps are the most efficient way to recruit. Though I think most founderless regions are afraid to use them because they fear losing the money and stamps if they are raided.

Yes... well that's if the barbarians take it. The smart thing to do would be to seize the region whole... and utilize the existing community as your own, slowly integrating them, or just running it completely separate. Like a coup on a Feeder or Sinker, really- you don't want to eject the entire population, you want to preserve as many endorsements as possible while ejecting anyone who will potentially cause trouble.

The same should apply to Warzones, however some regions just like displaying the extra force- and get so caught up in the moment that they eject everyone and destroy it without considering the benefits that can be gained from preserving it.

Ancian
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancian » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:28 pm

North Campbell Nation wrote:Picked Camp Jupiter in the poll (Excellent timing, BTW; I just finished Blood of Olympus this morning). In my opinion, a roman style region will be easier to arrange and link to gameplay stuff. Plus, the Romans did more stuff in sandy places than the Greeks, what with their world conquest and all.

Finished it the day it came out. :p
The fair thing sounds cool.
Last edited by Ancian on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Governor of WZEU.
Economic Left/Right: -1.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

Anonymouslands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymouslands » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:55 pm

I'm trying to settle on an idea, so I'm making it up to the community.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:27 pm

We are sad to say that WZAU has been claimed by a group of restorative raiders. Sadly we are stretched a little thin with two operations up currently. We will reclaim it when we are done with those operations which should be a week at max.

However we feel little remorse for ace - I had been telling him from the start we support leaders who can keep themselves in power. He did not recruit and he did not take any precautions to ensure the security of WZAU.

Serious though of if there is any viability with the current WZAU government is going to be made.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Rhina
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rhina » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Rifty wrote:We are sad to say that WZAU has been claimed by a group of restorative raiders. Sadly we are stretched a little thin with two operations up currently. We will reclaim it when we are done with those operations which should be a week at max.

However we feel little remorse for ace - I had been telling him from the start we support leaders who can keep themselves in power. He did not recruit and he did not take any precautions to ensure the security of WZAU.

Serious though of if there is any viability with the current WZAU government is going to be made.

You have it all wrong, Rifty, that was not a raid. It was a migration. We're completely abandoning Aura Hyperia in favor of Warzone Australia. You guys just had the bad luck to be holding it at the time. We've been planning this for awhile now. :p
Mara Sargon
Wandering Traveler

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Rhina wrote:
Rifty wrote:We are sad to say that WZAU has been claimed by a group of restorative raiders. Sadly we are stretched a little thin with two operations up currently. We will reclaim it when we are done with those operations which should be a week at max.

You have it all wrong, Rifty, that was not a raid. It was a migration. We're completely abandoning Aura Hyperia in favor of Warzone Australia. You guys just had the bad luck to be holding it at the time. We've been planning this for awhile now. :p

We'll still come grab it - native government comes before you sadly. Not to mention the fact they are part of the commonwealth.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Rhina
Spokesperson

Postby Rhina » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Rifty wrote:We'll still come grab it - native government comes before you sadly. Not to mention the fact they are part of the commonwealth.

We have every intention of being the native government by the time you try, old friend. But by all means, come and try. I love a challenge. :p
Mara Sargon
Wandering Traveler

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:56 pm

Rhina wrote:
Rifty wrote:We'll still come grab it - native government comes before you sadly. Not to mention the fact they are part of the commonwealth.

We have every intention of being the native government by the time you try, old friend. But by all means, come and try. I love a challenge. :p

You aren't the native government - you are restorative raiders. You won't be the native government. As much as I disliked Ace's actions in not recruiting and being lazy. I need to a ure his WZAU remains part of the commonwealth. The government currently in there isn't part of the commonwealth unfortunately.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Rhina
Spokesperson

Postby Rhina » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Rifty wrote:You aren't the native government - you are restorative raiders. You won't be the native government. As much as I disliked Ace's actions in not recruiting and being lazy. I need to a ure his WZAU remains part of the commonwealth. The government currently in there isn't part of the commonwealth unfortunately.

We are stronger than Ace's government, and would be perfectly happy to take their place in your Commonwealth if you would have us. I would need to know what is involved in doing so, of course.
Mara Sargon
Wandering Traveler

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay