NATION

PASSWORD

TGS: Cuthroat Politics

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:04 pm

Scissoro wrote:[5:32pm] You kicked Scissoro from the chat room. (Scissoro)

Wow you are dense. You banned me at 5:32 That was posted at 5:30. Thus, I couldn't say anything after being banned. Hello!!!! You were not banned from the forum until some minutes after that.

You reacted based off words I said, I reacted based off actions you did.

Extortion isn't an action?

Spin it how you like. You're the one who began the Hardball Politics, and you got Hardball Politics. You're the one who began the thug tactics, and you got thug tactics. The only one who's been escalating is you.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Scissoro
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Thanks for continually bumping the topic. Can we have this discussion a little faster, until it appears on the feed, then it will get a lot of activity.
Last edited by Scissoro on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Global Syndicate A Dynamic, Fast Paced Region

Alyekra
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Scissoro wrote:Thanks for continually bumping the topic.

Thanks for trying to distract people from the subject at hand.

As if anyone is going to read this and want to play with you. Nobody likes a sore loser.

65 dkp

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Its not my fault I got you so mad you would do something destructive, so I would have a reason to get rid of my opponent. You got played like a fiddle.

You only want to keep the topic going because you somehow think its harmful to this region... It's not and if anything does me a favor.

This tactic is truly elementary, I am surprised you hadn't thought of something better.

Alyekra
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:26 pm

Scissoro wrote:Its not my fault I got you so mad you would do something destructive, so I would have a reason to get rid of my opponent. You got played like a fiddle.

You only want to keep the topic going because you somehow think its harmful to this region... It's not and if anything does me a favor.

This tactic is truly elementary, I am surprised you hadn't thought of something better.

LOL, yes, everything is always according to plan with you isn't it?

Now I'm imagining you in your dark office in a high-backed chair, finger-tenting and saying "Mwa ha ha! My plan is a success! I have rid myself of the two most active players in my region, gotten myself banned from my own IRC channel and made myself look like a sore loser in front of everyone! Surely I am unstoppable!"

If that was your plan you sure did a good job.

65 dkp

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Now your just reaching for attention. Get over it Alyekra, you lost.

Alyekra
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Scissoro wrote:Now your just reaching for attention. Get over it Alyekra, you lost.

Whatever. Good luck creating a Dynamic super-region when you use bullying and threats to get what you want.

65 dkp

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Alyekra wrote:
Scissoro wrote:Now your just reaching for attention. Get over it Alyekra, you lost.

Whatever. Good luck creating a Dynamic super-region when you use bullying and threats to get what you want.

Thanks. And good luck with your NS career-wherever that may take you.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Who would have thought this semi-active region would have a meltdown? Started out so well too :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Solorni wrote:Who would have thought this semi-active region would have a meltdown? Started out so well too :P

We have meltdowns every other day, nothing new.

Wintermoot
Envoy

Founded: May 09, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Wintermoot » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:52 pm

This is why regions such as this will never work out large scale.

Regions require stability and a core group of people willing to put the region ahead of themselves. When a region encourages the opposite, all you have are people looking out for themselves and nobody looking out for the region, and then how is the region supposed to grow and prosper? Meltdowns and divisions might put on a good show, but they're horrible for building an actual community and region.
Inric Nordrim Kestar
Monarch of Wintreath

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:08 pm

Wintermoot wrote:This is why regions such as this will never work out large scale.

Regions require stability and a core group of people willing to put the region ahead of themselves. When a region encourages the opposite, all you have are people looking out for themselves and nobody looking out for the region, and then how is the region supposed to grow and prosper? Meltdowns and divisions might put on a good show, but they're horrible for building an actual community and region.

I am curious, have you been in our region, played our politics? Just because we are breaking the conventional and old fashioned mold of NationStates doesnt mean we are least better off than anybody else. Nations are taught to love the system we have.

Perhaps you should send a puppet and see firsthand!
Last edited by Scissoro on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:38 pm

Actually Wintermoot, Screw my last statement.

I have a region of 30 nations with 9 nations active in the last 24 hours on the forum. Your region has 460 nations with only 21 active. That means my region is 30% active while yours is less than 5% active. By that statistic, even though we are small, even though we blow up on one another from time to time, our region is far more active than yours. Good god, we would kill for a region your size, but if it means only 5% activity, I would rather stick with my small, instable region of 30

We have done everything right, beaten the odds, and came out with a superior system.

Wintermoot
Envoy

Postby Wintermoot » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:57 pm

Scissoro wrote:Actually Wintermoot, Screw my last statement.

I have a region of 30 nations with 9 nations active in the last 24 hours on the forum. Your region has 460 nations with only 21 active. That means my region is 30% active while yours is less than 5% active. By that statistic, even though we are small, even though we blow up on one another from time to time, our region is far more active than yours. Good god, we would kill for a region your size, but if it means only 5% activity, I would rather stick with my small, instable region of 30

We have done everything right, beaten the odds, and came out with a superior system.

lol, such a poor attempt at an apples to oranges comparison. Almost any small region with a community will have a higher percentage of active members than a large region. That isn't due to a 'superior system', that's due to being a small region. However, if it makes you feel better to spin it off as 'superior'', then by all means. I'll be most interested in seeing how far your spin actually carries you into the future.
Inric Nordrim Kestar
Monarch of Wintreath

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:02 pm

See, that is the problem with NS, all words, no action. Rather than participate in something, you would rather poke at it like a log in a fire. Wouldn't it be far more satisfactory to come over and so something. Prove me wrong if you wish... at least then your satisfaction will be amplified and Ill have a decent enough challenge to overcome then. Just saying.

Wintermoot
Envoy

Postby Wintermoot » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm

I don't have anything to prove, though. I've posted my opinion that a region with this setup won't work large-scale, and ultimately I will be proven right or wrong without any action on my part, and without any effect on my life or even my NationStates experience. Having founded a region on the polar-opposite principles as yours, I'm not sure why I would join a region I don't believe in even if I did feel I had something to prove.

I do find it admirable that you're still trying to sell me on the region though, even under the guise of doing so to prove you wrong. Nice salesmanship. :P
Inric Nordrim Kestar
Monarch of Wintreath

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:41 am

Just doing my job! 8)

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:58 am

The Salaxalans' Surprise, Regional Demise

The Hook
After the impeachment of Grand Chancellor The Salaxalans, new elections were set to close April 13, 2014. With Cows Ducks and Aliens of the Imperial Guard running as the sole candidate for Grand Chancellor, his victory seemed all but a win. Alyekra, who had recently been kicked out of the Common Sense Resistance Guild for betraying The Salaxalans and voting for the impeachment, was the sole Guardian on the Round Table, and was running for Premier against Ragged Burnt Forest Sea (also of the Imperial Guard). Scissoro had garnished enough votes to insure that Alyekra lost the Premier position so as to not completely empty out the Round Table and plunge the region into anarchy with no government members at all. Being the sole Guardian of the Round Table and elections not yet complete, this put Alyekra in a unique position of being the only nation to chose the next Grand Chancellor.

The Line
April 13, 2014 (15 minutes before elections are set to close at midnight on the 14th). Alyekra introduces a new axiom seating The Salaxalans as Grand Chancellor, making The Salaxalans the only nation to have ever served two consecutive terms, one appointed and one elected, thus far in the history of The Global Syndicate.

Scissoro, who was outraged that Alyekra would first vote to impeach The Salaxalans then vote to instate him was left powerless to this advancement. Grand Chancellor The Salaxalans then fired Alyekra for his betrayel in the impeachment of The Salaxalans a few days earlier. This left the Round Table without a Guardian for several minutes until the close of elections later on in the early morning. The Salaxalans then signed a decree, Axiom 42: Supremacy of Salaxalans, which established a screening process for the elections, requiring Grand Chancellor approval for all elected candidates. Scissoro protested this heavily, citing numerous interpretive violations of law, as well as rendering the elections in progress effectively null and void.

Scissoro pointed out that Alyekra did not close the vote for the election of The Salaxalans, rendering the election unofficial. The Salaxalans then re-appointed Alyekra to the Guardian to close the vote, validating it.

The Salaxalans then posted a speech [url=w11.zetaboards.com/GlobalSyndicate/topic/10198206]On Stability[/url] which outlines his intent for The Global Syndicate:

As many, if not all, of those in this region may have noticed, I have taken complete power in the Global Syndicate, in such a way that it cannot be challenged. What none of you will know is that my goal is purely educational; I will not retain this power.

A few days ago, I was tricked into letting myself be removed as Grand Chancellor. This new action was not for revenge. As all who came here know, this region was founded to be a place of hardcore politics, unstable government, with everyone at each other's throats. Rather, it was to prove a point. However, this region is currently small, with only about five active members. With such unstable government as we have had recently, can we have any hope of growth at all? Our system of government has been created envisioning a much larger region, one that can sustain the kind of activity we desire. But now, when we are still in our infancy, activities such as that cannot happen. Stability is needed at the very beginning of a region for there to be the chance of gaining more members, reaching the point where we can do what we all came for. I liken the current approach by Scissoro to one with Parkinson's trying to build a house of cards. As we can now see through my example, being at each other's throats while so small can result easily in destruction. If we can't even keep a government in place to lay down the basic functions of government, there is no hope.

I have in mind the future of this region. A future where the ideals of this region (somewhat twisted, granted), can be fulfilled. A place for quick-moving politics, where alliances are transitory and your friend one day is your enemy the next. A region not reduced to the slow pace of the rest of NS, a region where political skill is supreme. But we cannot attain this without sacrificing these goals for the time being. While knowing what is to come, we must set aside this style of play in favor of stability, of growth, of becoming a region to be proud of. I know this is a goal we all share; our only barrier in reaching it is ourselves.

For the future of the Global Syndicate,

Grand Chancellor The Salaxalans

After the speech, Grand Chancellor The Salaxalans repealed Axiom 42 and resigned the Grand Chancery leaving Alyekra on the Round Table. The elections continued as they were, with Scissoro being elected Guardian, Cows Ducks and Aliens elected Grand Chancellor, and Ragged Burnt Forest Sea winning Premier.

The Sinker
Scissoro took direct aim at Alyekra for this action stating that he is only there to "obstruct". Alyekra chose not to sign any laws on the Round Table, or elect any Grand Chancellor. While Cows Ducks and Aliens had won the popular vote to be Grand Chancellor, he still had to have a vote on the Round Table. Scissoro introduced an axiom to seat Cows Ducks and Aliens as Grand Chancellor.

Cows Ducks and Aliens was a member of the Imperial Guard, the same guild as Scissoro. Scissoro initially voted for Cows Ducks and Aliens. As Alyekra and Scissoro battled about what Alyekra's Vote should be, attempting to appeal to The Salaxalans on the grounds of stability. The Salaxalans, however resigned his citizenship, leaving the region. When Scissoro threated to ban Alyekra for inaction and ineptness, Alyekra banned Scissoro from the regional IRC. This lead Scissoro to then ban Alyekra for about an hour from the region until a new IRC Channel could be registered. Meanwhile, Cows Ducks and Aliens appealed to Scissoro to not ban Alyekra, that he could be defeated and removed from office by waiting him out.

With everything then restored, a great fear fell over the region as Alyekra could opt to vote against Cows Ducks and Aliens and there would be no Grand Chancellor. Scissoro, pressed Alyekra to vote either way, however he continued to refuse. When Scissoro questioned Cows Ducks and Aliens on whether or not he would keep Alyekra in office as appointed Guardian after he was made Grand Chancellor, Scissoro changed his vote on the Round Table to Abstain when Cows Ducks and Aliens said he would keep him in office. Four hours later, in the early morning hours of April 17th, the vote for Grand Chancellor would end. Cows Ducks and Aliens received a single 'abstain' vote and The Global Syndicate would enter its third day with no Grand Chancellor and a host of axiom proposals stacking up as the legislative functioning of the government has ground to a halt. Scissoro has vowed revenge for the gridlocked region stating that: "There's a torpedo in the water."

*NOTE: that no nations are banned, and all accounts to everything restored.
Legislation is expected to be drafted soon as to the extent of the political weapons allowed to be used in the region, leaving both forum accounts and IRC Accounts as neutral ground.*

Cows Ducks And Aliens
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cows Ducks And Aliens » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:17 am

Um did i miss something? If i remember correctly you banned Alyekra for getting in your way. You said that it would be easier to ban them both and i said 'Well you might as well ban me too". Then you asked me if i would remove Aly from office and i said "No because everyone deserves a chance". You admitted to being mad because you were out smarted in your own system. The true reason i am not GC anymore is because i was fair and wouldnt give in to corruption.
Last edited by Cows Ducks And Aliens on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:32 am

Torpedo in the Water

With the axiom to make Cows Ducks and Aliens the Grand Chancellor over The Global Syndicate failing, as Alyekra refused to vote and Scissoro voting to abstain, The Global Syndicate appeared to be going without a Grand Chancellor for a period of time.

Elected Guardian Scissoro, believing that Appointed Guardian Alyekra was planning on obstructing the entire government hatched a plan to win back the Grand Chancery and remove Alyekra from office. The plan itself broke down into three parts:

1. Convincing Alyekra that Scissoro was going to abandon the region so Alyekra would not bother to vote at the Round Table.
2. Flood the Round Table with so many proposals having a Grand Chancellor election axiom in there with a different title to hide its contents, and a 'dummy' axiom that called for the impeachment of Alyekra, to distract and cause Alyekra to refuse to vote on the other, more important axiom proposals.
3. Upon gaining the Grand Chancery, clearing out the Round Table with the new laws, and plan for new nations to serve in government.

On April 16, 2014, plan was set into motion. Scissoro flooded the Round Table with 13 axiom proposals. The Ministry of Immigration axiom served as the dummy axiom. Alyekra voted for this axiom leaving Scissoro to wonder if Alyekra simply didnt read the proposal, or voted for it knowing that there was no Grand Chancellor to sign it at the time. Interestingly, Alyekra only voted for half of the proposals. The Axiom that established Scissoro as Grand Chancellor was titled GIRO Membership and making it Axiom 44. It was ratified at 4:31am Eastern Standard Time on April 18, 2014, making Scissoro the Fifth Grand Chancellor of The Global Syndicate, breaking the four day gridlock the region seemed to be in. This gridlock set a regional record for the longest time without a Grand Chancellor; 4 days.

Grand Chancellor Scissoro removed Alyekra from office almost immediately, leaving the Round Table without any nations for nearly an hour. During this time, Scissoro drafted and decreed Axiom 45: Grand Chancellor Scissoro which effectively replaces Axiom 44. Then, by decree, Axiom 44 was repealed by Axiom 46. This manuevering was done by Scissoro for purely aesthetic purposes.

By the time these decrees were established, Grand Chancellor Scissoro was ready to make his appointment. He appointed Anathema Armaments to be a Guardian of the Round Table. Guardian Anathema Armaments put to vote, ratified and sent to be signed three Axioms: Axiom 47: Repeal of Axiom 41 which removes the axiom that made The Salaxalans the Grand Chancellor the second time, Axiom 48: Six Guardians Act which expands the Round Table to six total guardians, and Axiom 54: GIRO Representation, a replacement axiom to make up for the content in the original GIRO Membership Axiom that was proposed as GIRO Membership was stripped of its content and used to elect Grand Chancellor Scissoro.

Scissoro is expected to make a surprise appointment for a more long term successor before Easter Sunday.

Round Table Expands

While many axioms were ratified today, the most significant one to effect The Global Syndicate is the Six Guardians Act. The Axiom insures that the Government of the region will have two elected, selected and appointed guardians now. While this expansion has been discussed since the First Session, it is now a reality. Several nations had doubts as to expanding the government will be effective, since the region has fewer active members than government seats.

None-the-less, Axiom 56: Alyekra Anti-Abuse Act puts several new stipulations on the government of the region. A Grand Chancellor can no longer make decrees if there is less than two Guardians. Likewise, the Round Table is barred from passing legislation with only one Guardian. Grand Chancellor Scissoro appointed Hofe to be the second appointed Guardian of the Round Table, both to keep the government functioning, and to give a newer nation an opportunity to lead.
Last edited by Scissoro on Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Murder Are High
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murder Are High » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Wintermoot wrote:This is why regions such as this will never work out large scale.

How's Spiritus these days? (Not that you'd know).

Let them play the game they want. It looks far more interesting than the GCR/UCR politics I've seen up until now, I'll be sending over a puppet shortly. :)

Wintermoot
Envoy

Postby Wintermoot » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 pm

Murder Are High wrote:How's Spiritus these days? (Not that you'd know).

Let them play the game they want. It looks far more interesting than the GCR/UCR politics I've seen up until now, I'll be sending over a puppet shortly. :)

Even I can read a public State of the Region Address, one who is hidden behind a puppet. :P

I simply stated an opinion on the long-term viability of regions that place personal politics over all else. I don't believe I have the power to forbid people from 'playing the game they want'. :P
Last edited by Wintermoot on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Inric Nordrim Kestar
Monarch of Wintreath

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Is politicking a word?
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Babble On
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Babble On » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:10 pm

What do you mean by hardcore?

Alyekra
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:23 pm

The Sapientia wrote:Is politicking a word?

I do not know. Maybe we should ask the dictionary.

65 dkp

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay