NATION

PASSWORD

Osiris Fraternal Order

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:44 pm

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:Welp, I just got banned from Osiris, lol. I sent out a telegram informing people to not choose the Brotherhood of Malice and to not choose The Empire. When these two sides can't agree and can't come together, I hope the people will come together instead, and win the region back for themselves.

In everybody's defense, your potential WA cabinet managed to match the Osirian electorate in theoretical dysfunctionality.

I'm not even sure NK is active any more, which left Mahaj and Sentimental Journeys (Diamete), a neutral party but far too inactive to make up for instilling power in a major member of the UDL and someone who I'm pretty sure retired.

It really wasn't much better for Osiris - arguably still better for the rest of Gameplay as a whole, though.

I dunno man, I think someone like Dia is better than a group of people that want to purge people on the other side of gameplay (defenders) for no real reason.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Hobbesistan
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm

I also hold the opinon banning Todd was a mistake.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

Hobbes is always winning, like Charlie Sheen. - Jurisdictions
love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

Giraffes think Hobbes regret a lot. A lot of giraffes do. - Rachel
he carried on.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Mahaj wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:
In everybody's defense, your potential WA cabinet managed to match the Osirian electorate in theoretical dysfunctionality.

I'm not even sure NK is active any more, which left Mahaj and Sentimental Journeys (Diamete), a neutral party but far too inactive to make up for instilling power in a major member of the UDL and someone who I'm pretty sure retired.

It really wasn't much better for Osiris - arguably still better for the rest of Gameplay as a whole, though.

I dunno man, I think someone like Dia is better than a group of people that want to purge people on the other side of gameplay (defenders) for no real reason.

The problem is Dia isn't consistently active - he was an absolute boon when there were rather opinionated government officials that he could mediate, comment, propose to, etc., but as a leader to what is currently the most hostile and unstable GCR in the game?
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:57 pm

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Mahaj wrote:I dunno man, I think someone like Dia is better than a group of people that want to purge people on the other side of gameplay (defenders) for no real reason.

The problem is Dia isn't consistently active - he was an absolute boon when there were rather opinionated government officials that he could mediate, comment, propose to, etc., but as a leader to what is currently the most hostile and unstable GCR in the game?

He's active enough for the time period he could be a temporary delegate while we sort things out and discuss.
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:Welp, I just got banned from Osiris, lol. I sent out a telegram informing people to not choose the Brotherhood of Malice and to not choose The Empire. When these two sides can't agree and can't come together, I hope the people will come together instead, and win the region back for themselves.

Nice spin. You asked the entire region to unendorse Venico, Koth, and myself, and to endorse Sentimental Journey, Neo Kervoskia, and Mahaj. You've joined the insurrection -- including asking all nations of Osiris to endorse an active member of The Empire -- and have accordingly been banned.

Mahaj wrote:I dunno man, I think someone like Dia is better than a group of people that want to purge people on the other side of gameplay (defenders) for no real reason.

Cameron Romefeller, UDL Chief of Foreign Affairs, is a citizen of the Osiris Fraternal Order. Prussia, also a defender, is Scribe of Ma'at (Minister of WA Affairs). We are focused only on removing The Empire and defender subversives, not all defenders.
Last edited by Cormac A Stark on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:

Nice spin. You asked the entire region to unendorse Venico, Koth, and myself, and to endorse Sentimental Journey, Neo Kervoskia, and Mahaj. You've joined the insurrection -- including asking all nations of Osiris to endorse an active member of The Empire -- and have accordingly been banned.

Active? NK is active? You are referring to him, right? I mean, last I checked SJ's nor Mahaj have ever been associated with The Empire.

So, it seems "The Insurrection" are those who oppose the BoM occupation of Osiris.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:

I'll remind you that TEP was in a much worse state when the Empire took over. Yet somehow they came through with A Slanted Black Stripe and Dannistaan. The thing is, I've tried to present compromises. I've tried to help both sides come together. The trouble is, it's difficult. I don't support The Empire taking control of Osiris. I don't support the Brotherhood of Malice taking control of Osiris. I do support Osiris taking control of Osiris.

I realize it may be unpopular to go against the BoM right now. But really, I'd be able to believe they were for Osiris more if they didn't raise their flag in the region, state that the region was in control by the BoM, and include an oath of allegence to the BoM in their citizenship pledge. That confirmed to me that this was not something they wanted for Osiris. They wanted Osiris for themselves.

I don't like being banned from that region. But for someone who can't support BoM, and someone who can't support The Empire, it seems there's not enough room for a guy like myself. So, I'll enjoy some snacks in The Rejected Realms.

Fratt's BBQ is really good. ;)
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:24 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:Fratt's BBQ is really good. ;)

So I've heard! I am looking forward to trying all the delicacies therein.

Though, have you ever heard of a place called "The Montgomery Inn"? Their BBQ sauce is bar-none the best around. But it has to be heated to taste very good... I'm not sure why.

Trolloputsk
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Trolloputsk » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:Cameron Romefeller, UDL Chief of Foreign Affairs, is a citizen of the Osiris Fraternal Order. Prussia, also a defender, is Scribe of Ma'at (Minister of WA Affairs). We are focused only on removing The Empire and defender subversives, not all defenders.

This is a rather unfair way to describe those who wouldn't necessarily agree to Cormac and co. seizing power. It's becoming increasingly clear each day that has nothing to do with stabilising Osiris and is quite simply a power-grab.

But, please, I would love to hear why Wopruthien and Campinia are subversives.

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:Active? NK is active? You are referring to him, right? I mean, last I checked SJ's nor Mahaj have ever been associated with The Empire.

So, it seems "The Insurrection" are those who oppose the BoM occupation of Osiris.

You're misunderstanding my use of the word "active." It had nothing to do with his activity level; I was pointing out that he is a current member of The Empire, and you asked all nations of Osiris to endorse him while simultaneously asking them to unendorse Venico, Koth, and myself. I probably should have used a less ambiguous word.

Bottom line: You asked nations of Osiris to endorse a member of The Empire. You can claim to be neutral all you want, but asking the nations of Osiris to unendorse us while simultaneously asking them to endorse one of only two known members of The Empire remaining in Osiris is not neutral by any reasonable definition.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 pm

Trolloputsk wrote:
Cormac A Stark wrote:Cameron Romefeller, UDL Chief of Foreign Affairs, is a citizen of the Osiris Fraternal Order. Prussia, also a defender, is Scribe of Ma'at (Minister of WA Affairs). We are focused only on removing The Empire and defender subversives, not all defenders.

This is a rather unfair way to describe those who wouldn't necessarily agree to Cormac and co. seizing power. It's becoming increasingly clear each day that has nothing to do with stabilising Osiris and is quite simply a power-grab.

or Luna or Me.

Trolloputsk
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Trolloputsk » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Trolloputsk wrote:This is a rather unfair way to describe those who wouldn't necessarily agree to Cormac and co. seizing power. It's becoming increasingly clear each day that has nothing to do with stabilising Osiris and is quite simply a power-grab.

or Luna or Me.

Luna, especially... I completely forgot she was removed. I think they were removed because Wopruthien was actively undermining Osiris by participating in the Chess tournament and they all know one another. Something about rigging the tournament to show that Defenders were better at Chess. Massive FRA conspiracy, don't-cha-know.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Trolloputsk wrote:
Mahaj wrote:or Luna or Me.

Luna, especially... I completely forgot she was removed. I think they were removed because Wopruthien was actively undermining Osiris by participating in the Chess tournament and they all know one another. Something about rigging the tournament to show that Defenders were better at Chess. Massive FRA conspiracy, don't-cha-know.

Admittedly the final four are me, Ravania, Campinia, and Wop.

Trolloputsk
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Trolloputsk » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Trolloputsk wrote:Luna, especially... I completely forgot she was removed. I think they were removed because Wopruthien was actively undermining Osiris by participating in the Chess tournament and they all know one another. Something about rigging the tournament to show that Defenders were better at Chess. Massive FRA conspiracy, don't-cha-know.

Admittedly the final four are me, Ravania, Campinia, and Wop.

I think I'm onto something.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:48 pm

So... I couldn't help to notice that during this particular round of banjections, nations not in the WA are getting the boot. Now non-WA's are a part of "The Insurrection"? I'm thoroughly confused here. Who is a part of "The Insurrection"? New people, the empire, defenders, people who stand against the occupation, random passer-bys? Or just not everyone who is in the BoM?

If a citizen, who had to swear an oath to the BoM:
I, (nation name), swear that I have, to the best of my knowledge, been completely truthful in applying for citizenship in the Osiris Fraternal Order and that I have no other NationStates identity that has not been made known to the Pharaoh. I swear my allegiance to the Osiris Fraternal Order, its Pharaoh, and its citizens, and I swear not to engage in hostilities against the Osiris Fraternal Order or to violate its laws and rules. I swear my allegiance to The Brotherhood of Malice which has freed Osiris from defender tyranny and shown us the path to true independence.*

Were to suddenly not 100% support the occupying regime, would they, too, be labeled as a member of "The Insurrection"? That's kind of what it seems to me. And honestly, for all the complaints I heard about The Empire, I don't really see how this is any better.

*(Emphasis mine, taken from the Citizenship Pledge on the Breakaway forum)
Last edited by Todd McCloud on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:06 pm

As we have stated all along, the actions we have taken are for the good of the Osiran community. It is to be expected, then, that we would also be open to input from the community. Several members of the community have expressed reservations regarding several of the individuals we previously named as "defender subversives" and promised to remove from the region. We have taken the time to hear and listen to these reservations, to understand the perspectives of various community members, and we have reached a decision.

The Osiris Fraternal Order will not remove from Osiris most of the individuals named as defender subversives in our initial statement, provided that they do not further participate in The Empire's insurrection. These individuals are Mahaj, Campinia, Flowering Staplers, and Wopruthien. Acknowledging that some of these individuals have already joined the insurrection in part as a result of our initial statement, we are giving any who have joined the insurrection 24 hours to abandon involvement in the insurrection. All four of these individuals are free to apply for citizenship in the Osiris Fraternal Order provided that they abandon The Empire's insurrection.

This gesture of goodwill is not extended to Tim Stark, who has provided substantial support to The Empire both before and since our initial statement was made.

We want to emphasize that this gesture is made solely in response to community concerns. As previously stated, we are reasonable people and we are here to work with the community of Osiris -- not to dictate to the community. We remain focused on removing The Empire and any who support them from Osiris as unacceptable threats to the region and community, and from this goal we will not under any circumstances waver.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:Active? NK is active? You are referring to him, right? I mean, last I checked SJ's nor Mahaj have ever been associated with The Empire.

You're misunderstanding my use of the word "active." It had nothing to do with his activity level; I was pointing out that he is a current member of The Empire, and you asked all nations of Osiris to endorse him while simultaneously asking them to unendorse Venico, Koth, and myself. I probably should have used a less ambiguous word.

Bottom line: You asked nations of Osiris to endorse a member of The Empire. You can claim to be neutral all you want, but asking the nations of Osiris to unendorse us while simultaneously asking them to endorse one of only two known members of The Empire remaining in Osiris is not neutral by any reasonable definition.

Current? Wait a minute, now we're confused on definitions. You do know you have Empire members in your ranks, right? Heck, you do know you have people who have couped the region in your ranks, right?

Spin it all you want. Anyone who drains your group's influence over the people of Osiris, active or not, is not a bad thing. Couping 101. Read it.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:09 pm

I just wanted to point out that these ejections are in order with our closed door policies. Any new nations who haven't TGed me their identity will be removed before every update in order to keep them from gaining influence. I love my Non-WA delegate Tao and would not try to take out his base. He is too cuddly and his beak too cute. <3
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:11 pm

Osiris is a game-created region that serves a purpose beyond petty politics. You can't possibly kick out every single nation that sinks into it because they don't verify with you their identity. At the extreme, you'll either run out of influence or you'll clog up TRR so much that you'll catch [violet]'s attention.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:11 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:We want to emphasize that this gesture is made solely in response to community concerns. As previously stated, we are reasonable people and we are here to work with the community of Osiris -- not to dictate to the community.

I would let the people decide the validity of that statement. You do not tell them what they are to believe when you betray their confidence: they will decide that for themselves. You dug this hole, man up and own it.

Or has your regime withheld the ability for them to think freely on their own (we already know they cannot speak freely; various people have had their writings suppressed and/or have been banned).

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Osiris is a game-created region that serves a purpose beyond petty politics. You can't possibly kick out every single nation that sinks into it because they don't verify with you their identity. At the extreme, you'll either run out of influence or you'll clog up TRR so much that you'll catch [violet]'s attention.

Running out of influence is not an issue due to the fact that a nation who doesn't update in the region and doesn't have any left over from said region if it was there before, then it costs 0 influence to eject or ban. I just wanted to clarify that these ejections before every update aren't persecuting any one. All nations are welcome back if they telegram me with an identity. That's all :)
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:I would let the people decide the validity of that statement. You do not tell them what they are to believe when you betray their confidence: they will decide that for themselves. You dug this hole, man up and own it.

Or has your regime withheld the ability for them to think freely on their own (we already know they cannot speak freely; various people have had their writings suppressed and/or have been banned).

Are you "various people" now, Todd? How many people do you have in there? If members of the community could not speak freely, we could not have heard and responded to their concerns as we just have.

The Saturnian Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: May 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saturnian Republic » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:16 pm

Wait, Romefeller is in the Breakaway Osiris? Just lol.
FRA Representative, San Francisco Bay Area
Regional Assembly Representative, Spiritus
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Spiritus
Deputy Minister of Defence, Spiritus
Lieutenant, United Defenders League
High Mage of Conjurational Summoning, Spiritus Defence Force
Defender/Raider: -18
Cosmopolitan/Regionalist: -1.5
Saeturn Valerius Liberalis
Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
-Elie Wiesel
Frattastan: Someone just give (Osiris) a founder and block regional controls.
Sedge: I'd prefer the admins to officially recognise their status as a warzone.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:The Osiris Fraternal Order will not remove from Osiris most of the individuals named as defender subversives in our initial statement, provided that they do not further participate in The Empire's insurrection. These individuals are Mahaj, Campinia, Flowering Staplers, and Wopruthien. Acknowledging that some of these individuals have already joined the insurrection in part as a result of our initial statement, we are giving any who have joined the insurrection 24 hours to abandon involvement in the insurrection. All four of these individuals are free to apply for citizenship in the Osiris Fraternal Order provided that they abandon The Empire's insurrection.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised to see any sort of group headed by Cormac to flip on issues. Good to know that after less than 48 hours, you haven't even been able to hold your ground on one of your key platforms. If I were any of your supporters, I'd be questioning any further decision-making skills by a group that reverses a decision under the slightest pressure.

As for the mention of myself, since you make the claims, please back them up. I'd highly appreciate actual non-hearsay, non-tabloid evidence of my "substantial support to The Empire".
I'd love to hear some of this evidence, especially from someone like you; a former member of The House of Rahl.
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:I would let the people decide the validity of that statement. You do not tell them what they are to believe when you betray their confidence: they will decide that for themselves. You dug this hole, man up and own it.

Are you "various people" now, Todd? How many people do you have in there? If members of the community could not speak freely, we could not have heard and responded to their concerns as we just have.

Would you like me to cite examples of RMB posts that have been suppressed? Or post a list of who has been banned, just tonight even?

This is getting really silly.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay