NATION

PASSWORD

South Pacific Independent News Network

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hileville
Envoy

Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hileville » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:36 pm

The mission in WZ Airspace occurred around May 20 2012. The statement surrounding that event was issued by the UDL here http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic ... -airspace/.

The statement and policy that were developed after the Unibot lobbying incident were not posted on TSP's forums. They are somewhere in the original UDL embassy thread. You are free to look for it yourself.

I don't think I could have made it clearer that this was an Opinion piece published under our insights division.
Hileville

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:47 pm

Hileville wrote:The mission in WZ Airspace occurred around May 20 2012. The statement surrounding that event was issued by the UDL here http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic ... -airspace/.

The statement and policy that were developed after the Unibot lobbying incident were not posted on TSP's forums. They are somewhere in the original UDL embassy thread. You are free to look for it yourself.

Ok, thanks.

Hileville wrote:I don't think I could have made it clearer that this was an Opinion piece published under our insights division.

Sorry, I did notice that. I was mostly curious in the facts surrounding the incidents in the piece, as I was not active in gameplay during those times.
Last edited by Shadow Afforess on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

South Pacific Independent News Network
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby South Pacific Independent News Network » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:09 pm

BREAKING:  TSP Formally Recognizes the OFO

Downtown South Pacific...

Moments ago the Cabinet of the South Pacific delivered a statement formally recognizing the Osiris Fraternal Order.  In September of 2013 the South Pacific Cabinet released a statement which can be found here.  The statement called into question the dissolution of the Kemetic Republic of Osiris.  Following the statement the Assembly repealed an existing Treaty with its long time Ally.  When the Osiris Fraternal Order was formed in December the Cabinet issued another statement stating they were closely monitoring the situation.  Since the formation of the OFO in December the New Southern Army has worked with the Osiris Sekhmet Legion on multiple occasions.  The most recent joint deployment is taking place in St Abbaddon, where both are supporting the Brotherhood of Malice raid on the region.

In a statement delivered by Minister of Foreign Affairs Sandaoguo, the South Pacific formally recognized the Osiris Fraternal Order.  This is the first time in nearly six months in which TSP has formally recognized the Government ruling Osiris.  On 18 September 2013 then Delegate Belshcaft released a statement in which called into question the dissolution of the Constitution of the Kemetic Republic of Osiris.  The statement at the time led to a lengthy discussion of the South Pacific Assembly which would result in a Repeal of the Treaty with Osiris on 3 October 2013.

The Cabinet of the South Pacific had been monitoring the situation in Osiris and confirmed as much in a statement on 12 December 2013.  That statement alluded to the desire to once again have formal relations upon the passing of the Constitution.  The State Code of Osiris passed the Deshret on 17 January 2014.  Elections for Delegate followed the passage of the State Code and the region has shown stability and promise since.

SPINN caught up with Vice Delegate Kringalia who had this to say about future relations: 
We had been discussing about renewing our ties with Osiris for a while, and we think that this was the appropriate time to do it. There is native support for the Osiris Fraternal Order, and this new government has been working towards achieving stability in the region. This was just a logical step, especially since our militaries have recently been cooperating, and we hope that eventually this will lead to a strong friendship, like the one we had before.

All Good People
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2004
Libertarian Police State

Postby All Good People » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:11 pm

*applauds*

My compliments to The South Pacific for re-establishing formal recognition and relations with Osiris.
Westwind of All Good People
Three Time World Assembly Delegate of The West Pacific
Former UN/WA Delegate Lewis and Clark of The North Pacific
Co-Founder and Emeritus Rex Westwind of Equilism

The West Pacific Forum: http://twp.nosync.org
Equilism Forum: http://www.equilism.org.forum

Common-Sense Politics
Envoy

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Common-Sense Politics » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:16 pm

Excellent news!
President of Europeia

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Sounds good
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Sorry, was a sleep for a while. Just to correct something:
South Pacific Belschaft wrote:
Unibot III wrote:
It's well established that the system that TSP had during Fudge's tenure was not particularly democratic at all -- that's why Topid and others made changes to it.

That would be an interesting point where it not for the small fact that Topid had left TSP by the time that BLT was abandoned. As for the actual analysis of the system, it (like all challenge systems) favoured the incumbent but was entirely democratic.
South Pacific Belschaft wrote:
Unibot III wrote:
It's well established that the system that TSP had during Fudge's tenure was not particularly democratic at all -- that's why Topid and others made changes to it.

That would be an interesting point where it not for the small fact that Topid had left TSP by the time that BLT was abandoned. As for the actual analysis of the system, it (like all challenge systems) favoured the incumbent but was entirely democratic.

Actually your statement is as per usual is technically correct but entirely misleading. I was elected to delegate with my clear position that delegate elections should be regular and on the forums. And during my term we amended the law so they were regular, and NOT a challenge system like you said. I wanted to make it fully on forum, but there was not support for that, so we had a split system where there was an on-forum election with the leading two candidates going to the region to seek the most endorsements. I didn't like the final product nearly as much as an all-forum election, but much better than the challenge system that predated me.

And yes, we continued using the BLT forum. But the system was entirely different, it worked just like any other "Election Forum" it was just called "Brave Little Toaster" out of tradition.
AKA Weed

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay