NATION

PASSWORD

The NPO's Retort

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

South Pacific Belschaft
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby South Pacific Belschaft » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:28 pm

East Jupiter wrote:
South Pacific Belschaft wrote:I find it interesting how the Delegate of TEP is announcing an imminent purge of Lazarus in a thread titled 'The NPO's Report', whilst at the same time denying NPO is controlling Lazarus? That seems slightly bizarre.

I also am interested in why I am name-checked in the introduction as an Imperialist propagandist and then never mentioned again. Could you not find any logs of me doing anything at all dodgy? Or was that simply a reference to my predictions of a GCR cold war between NPO and Independent-Imperialist players?

Who are you again?

Someone who doesn't switch puppets twice a week in failed attempts to hide their identity.

Oh, Delegate of TSP as well. You may have heard of us.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BELSCHAFT
GUARDIAN OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC

With the cooperation of Federation Forces, all of your bases now belong to us.

East Jupiter
Secretary

Founded: May 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby East Jupiter » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:30 pm

South Pacific Belschaft wrote:Oh, Delegate of TSP as well. You may have heard of us.

Nope.
I wanted to give new GP the shaft, but then I remembered I don't have time for this sh*t anymore.

Outstanding

Whiskum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Putting aside the more specific inaccuracies this report is riddled with (for instance, Apollo Anumia is not a member of UIAF and has not been involved in either the TNI or LKE's military for months), I am once again struck dumb that anyone could consider St George or indeed some of the other individuals named part of a so-called 'Ondersphere'. The 'evidence' presented above does not nearly match the boldness of the claims you make.

The only reason the so-called 'Ondersphere' and the NPO have entered a 'cold war' is because the NPO has gone out of it way to target TNI and the LKE at every turn. We have done nothing more than conduct a robust foreign policy and successfully support the liberations of TSP and Osiris. From the attempted condemnation of TNI to this report, the NPO have stopped at nothing to denigrate us for having the temerity to play the game dynamically.

The NPO's puppet Delegate has just ejected the longest-serving Delegate of Lazarus, a true member of that community for years, not for any action on her part, but simply because she founded a region the NPO don't like. That it can do that and then accuse us of interfering in GCRs is beyond a joke.
Last edited by Whiskum on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, Basileus Emeritus of Polis, etc.

Prince of Jomsborg, of Balder

Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:47 pm

NPO uses a bunch of fake logs produced by Milograd to expel half of Lazarus's citizenry. Classic NPO; great work guys. :p
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:NPO uses a bunch of fake logs produced by Milograd to expel half of Lazarus's citizenry. Classic NPO; great work guys. :p

This was always their game plan, always the justification they planned to use for their coup, as evidenced by the logs I posted yesterday. I guess those who said it was just a harmless conversation and not a real plan were wrong. They are now doing exactly what was discussed in March and this demonstrates that everyone who worried that their recent "anti-imperialism" was just building up justification for couping Lazarus were correct.

I love the smell of vindication in the evening. Thanks, NPO.

Edit: Typo.
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Well that's 15 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. Couldn't you guys have told us you were couping... well.. you'd have to be capable to coup... attempting to coup Lazarus and made the pain of reading this much less? Fake logs and false claims seem to be all the material the NPO can get their hands on these days. Quite pathetic, I must say.

I wonder how the UDL will react, considering that Feux is their PR Chief. I wouldn't be surprised if they claim it was a legitimate revolution even though, ya know, Griffin has been in Lazarus longer than Feux has been in NS ;)
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Osiris Flag Bearer (Ancient)
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Osiris Flag Bearer (Ancient) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:02 pm

Interesting read.

Just to correct a fact regarding Nazi Europe, those 25-30 NPO updaters weren't really NPO. I remember about four attempts for Nazi Europe all of which wouldn't even have a chance of succeeding without the UIAF and other imperialist regions. The NPO was only able to gather maybe three updaters for any one of the attempts. One attempt was organized and the reason why it didn't go off was due to the fact that NPO was hoping to gather 21+ updaters within a 12 hour period. Something they wouldn't have done. They were able to maybe get fifteen updaters for the event, half if not most were imperialists.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:03 pm

South Pacific Belschaft wrote:I find it interesting how the Delegate of TEP is announcing an imminent purge of Lazarus in a thread titled 'The NPO's Retort', whilst at the same time denying NPO is controlling Lazarus? That seems slightly bizarre.

That announcement is not the focus of the thread, though it is a result of the release of the information within it.

I also am interested in why I am name-checked in the introduction as an Imperialist propagandist and then never mentioned again. Could you not find any logs of me doing anything at all dodgy? Or was that simply a reference to my predictions of a GCR cold war between NPO and Independent-Imperialist players?

EDIT: thought you were SB.

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:NPO uses a bunch of fake logs produced by Milograd to expel half of Lazarus's citizenry. Classic NPO; great work guys. :p

Believe me, if these logs were fake, I'd have a lot more of them and would have posted them much, much sooner than now.

Mimicking the syntax of people like Archsium and NES is not something I care to spend my time on, either.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:I wonder how the UDL will react, considering that Feux is their PR Chief.

:rofl:

How many coups is this that the UDL has been either purposely or accidentally involved in? Durk's coup of TNP (well, that was proto-UDL as the Eastern Islands of Dharma), endorsing NK in Osiris last December, Solm's constant flirtation with couping leading up to Milograd's coup of TSP, and now this. They are more reliable coup support than The Black Hawks. :P
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:I wonder how the UDL will react, considering that Feux is their PR Chief.

How many coups is this that the UDL has been either purposely or accidentally involved in? Durk's coup of TNP (well, that was proto-UDL as the Eastern Islands of Dharma), endorsing NK in Osiris last December, Solm's constant flirtation with couping leading up to Milograd's coup of TSP, and now this. They are more reliable coup support than The Black Hawks. :P

Do you think they might help us with Miniluv's next plan. Apparently we're evil and in the couping business now.
But seriously, Major Shoutout to the UDL. Remember how when I was still in it, I told you all NPO didn't actually care about RegSov? Hey look, purging a GCR of one of its oldest and most dedicated residents!
MAN! The NPO just really love preserving that Regional Sovereignty, eh guys?

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Says Tim, the wannabe Illuminatus who left his position as vice-delegate in TNP to participate in a failed liberation. Attacks from the likes of you do not justify a counter-argument.

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:

A prominent member of the UDL also offered us scripts and roleplayers in exchange for access to the delegate nation, in Gatesville's Osiris coup. Also, while we're on the topic of leaking anything and everything, the NPO wanted us to hand Osiris over to them, so that they could rule it NPO-style. Also, none of this changes the fact that the NPO is led in spirit by a guy who faked his own death. 8)
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:A prominent member of the UDL also offered us scripts and roleplayers in exchange for access to the delegate nation, in Gatesville's Osiris coup. Also, while we're on the topic of leaking anything and everything, the NPO wanted us to hand Osiris over to them, so that they could rule it NPO-style. Also, none of this changes the fact that the NPO is led in spirit by a guy who faked his own death. 8)

Thing was that we told both Cormac (who would probably turn his back on us now) and Todd McCloud (a third party) at the time that that was a false-flag. Nevadar didn't fall for it, as you know.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

East Jupiter
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby East Jupiter » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:14 pm

I believe Tim Stark also admitted he was considering couping TNP, and thought of using his endorsement position there as a vehicle.

Cormac Stark well, he speaks for himself :P
I wanted to give new GP the shaft, but then I remembered I don't have time for this sh*t anymore.

Outstanding

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:16 pm

East Jupiter wrote:I believe Tim Stark also admitted he was considering couping TNP, and thought of using his endorsement position there as a vehicle.

Oh please, Henri. Get with the times, mate. JAL and I openly admit to having plotted to coup and purge TNP. Hell, I'm currently running for Delegate *ON THE PLATFORM* that I will purge.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:17 pm

A mean old man wrote:Thing was that we told both Cormac (who would probably turn his back on us now) and Todd McCloud (a third party) at the time that that was a false-flag. Nevadar didn't fall for it, as you know.

I can confirm this. Whether or not they would actually have handed over control of the region once they were in possession of the Delegacy is an open question, but yes, for the record, I was aware of this.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:18 pm

A mean old man wrote:Says Tim, the wannabe Illuminatus who left his position as vice-delegate in TNP to participate in a failed liberation. Attacks from the likes of you do not justify a counter-argument.

Wait, I thought I was the dirty Miniluver! Come on NPO, stick with one faux slanderous term. It's getting confusing when you jump between so many of them.

East Jupiter
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby East Jupiter » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
East Jupiter wrote:I believe Tim Stark also admitted he was considering couping TNP, and thought of using his endorsement position there as a vehicle.

Oh please, Henri. Get with the times, mate. JAL and I openly admit to having plotted to coup and purge TNP. Hell, I'm currently running for Delegate *ON THE PLATFORM* that I will purge.

That's what I said. Or put it another way, please silence your attempts at moralizing.

Outstanding

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:21 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
A mean old man wrote:Says Tim, the wannabe Illuminatus who left his position as vice-delegate in TNP to participate in a failed liberation. Attacks from the likes of you do not justify a counter-argument.

Wait, I thought I was the dirty Miniluver! Come on NPO, stick with one faux slanderous term. It's getting confusing when you jump between so many of them.

Don't know what #miniluv is, don't care what #miniluv is, didn't even mention it in this report. That's Karp's thing.

I do know, however, who you are.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:A prominent member of the UDL also offered us scripts and roleplayers in exchange for access to the delegate nation, in Gatesville's Osiris coup. Also, while we're on the topic of leaking anything and everything, the NPO wanted us to hand Osiris over to them, so that they could rule it NPO-style. Also, none of this changes the fact that the NPO is led in spirit by a guy who faked his own death. 8)

Thing was that we told both Cormac (who would probably turn his back on us now) and Todd McCloud (a third party) at the time that that was a false-flag. Nevadar didn't fall for it, as you know.

Yeah I think I remember that convo
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:Wait, I thought I was the dirty Miniluver! Come on NPO, stick with one faux slanderous term. It's getting confusing when you jump between so many of them.

Don't know what #miniluv is, don't care what #miniluv is, didn't even mention it in this report. That's Karp's thing.

I do know, however, who you are.

Fair enough, that is more of Karp's thing. Consider this an apology for still associating him with the NPO. Good on you guys for getting rid of him! :)
As for me? *shrugs* Attack my character all you want. I let my dirty laundry air out years ago mate.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:
A mean old man wrote:

Yeah I think I remember that convo

For the record, I can also confirm this.

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:29 pm

I'll be damned. Quite interesting, these post are.
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Whiskum wrote:The NPO's puppet Delegate has just ejected the longest-serving Delegate of Lazarus, a true member of that community for years,

Only longest serving up to the point the game took record of the time served ;)
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Whiskum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Whiskum wrote:The NPO's puppet Delegate has just ejected the longest-serving Delegate of Lazarus, a true member of that community for years,

Only longest serving up to the point the game took record of the time served ;)

Your point is correct, though it does not change the fact that Griffin is a significant former Delegate as well as a highly distinguished and long-serving member of Lazarus for years who has done nothing to warrant this ejection. The NPO's purge of Lazarus's population is illegitimate and petty.
Last edited by Whiskum on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, Basileus Emeritus of Polis, etc.

Prince of Jomsborg, of Balder

Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Balder Statsminister