NATION

PASSWORD

A Lecture: In The Name of John Ashcroft Land

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

A Lecture: In The Name of John Ashcroft Land

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:18 pm

In the Name of John Ashcroft Land

On April 29 2003, Regional Controls were added to NationStates. WA Delegates gained ultimate power over their respective regions and The Rejected Realms was erected to purpose the role of a place for the Broken and the Battleborne.

With these responsibilities and the privilege of power came exploitation of these responsibilities, conquests for glory and the pursuit of domination. Where there is power, there are those who wish only to abuse this power. Then came The Farkers and the so-called “French Pirates”, The Driftwood Gang and so forth – the lulzy bastards, the fun-havers and the opportunitists. These groups organized however and they sought great political domination, only to be challenged by a rising imperialist foe called The Atlantic Alliance.

As the world was left in a pretty cool state of insanity and an pretty well known hero rose in defense of those that these invaders played around with. Bathed in the light of his table lamp, the very fabric of lulz itself, this hero led his equals into a great battle for what was fun, for what was enjoyable and for what was totally radical. In the name of our fun, our glory and politicking, these badasses strutted.

This hero's names is quite well known, he is John Ashcroft Land. Known to history itself; like all of us unfortunately might end up being, his name emblazened the glorious sky. But what motivated this hero remains today, what brought his to the cause and what gave him the care to stay up, the might and the intense gaze to fight for funzies will forever remain while there is power to be casually taken by the Raiders in this game.

The highest authority of The Defender World is not Saint Unibot; the highest authority is not I, nor you or any one individual or any of us for that matter.

It is the man himself, John Ashcroft Land.

The spirit of lulzfending, the ammo that fills the combat shotgun, the relaxation, the lack of moral duty that shines in all of our computer screens when the night is darkest.

I wrote in my fake manifesto that we were governed by a higher need for the fun of R/D, this was no false pretense. We are all carriers of this torch of lulz; upholding the belief that Nationstates is a game and we'll have some good old fashioned fun in the playing of it. Likewise, as a LulzFenda, my serious duty is to take care and service my growing need to infiltrate Imperialist regions.

I can attest to this: the JAL guides us not to be all we should be, but be all we care to be.

Those first defenders clicked on their computer screens knowing that this conflict would continue beyond their time, and foresaw that nerds just like them would be doing it a decade later

Remember John Ashcroft Land, because he will not forget you.

JAL fighting the Raiderscum

Shitposting For Eternity,
Tim Stark.

This lecture was inspired by the Moralism Yuck that was Unibot's Similar Lecture in the name of the The Innominate
http://s4.zetaboards.com/UDL/topic/9955847/1/
[bigobnoxiousletters]In the Name of the Innominate[/bigobnoxiousletters]

On April 29 2003, Regional Controls were added to NationStates. WA Delegates gained power over their respective regions and The Rejected Realms was constructed to fulfill its role as a place for the Unwanted and the Exiled.

With these responsibilities and the privilege of power came exploitation of these responsibilities, conquests for glory and the pursuit of domination. Where there is power, there are those who wish only to abuse this power. Then came The Farkers and the so-called “French Pirates”, The Driftwood Gang and so forth – the meddlers, the malignants and the mistakes. These groups organized however and they sought great political domination, only to be challenged by a rising imperialist foe called The Atlantic Alliance.

As the world was left in chaos, disarray and despair, an unsung hero rose in defense of those that these invaders spat upon and mocked. Bathed in lux aeterna, the very fabric of right itself, this hero led his equals into a great battle for what was right, for what was just and for what needed to be done. In the name of our security, our peace and dignity, these heroes stood.

These heroes' names are forgotten, they are The Innominate. Lost to history itself; like all of us will, they eventually went unnamed. But what motivated these heroes remains today, what brought them to their cause and what gave them the courage, the might and the will to fight for freedom will forever remain while there is power to be abused by others in our homes and communities.

The highest authority of The United Defenders League is not Chief Mahaj; the highest authority is not I, nor you or any one individual or any of us for that matter.

It is the light, Lux aeterna.

The soul of defenderdom, the flame that furnishes the sword, the oath, the principle that shines in all of our hearts when the night is darkest.

I wrote in our founding document that we were governed by a higher body of intransient defender law, this was no false pretense. Our Chief is our highest representative of this great source of illumination, his eternal mission, to carry out its calls for justice, requires the chain of command and the army that falls in order under him. Likewise, as a Guardian, my honoured duty is to take care and service the very light of defenderdom itself.

I can attest to this: the light asks us not to be all we can be, but be all we ought to be.

Those first defenders fought in the trenches knowing that this conflict would continue beyond their time, they foresaw you and passed the light forward which guided them.

Remember The Innominate, because they never forgot you.

Posted Image
Lux aeterna and the Proto-Defender.

[bigobnoxiousletters]Forever on Guard,
Unibot.[/bigobnoxiousletters]
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Falconias
Envoy

Founded: Jan 28, 2005
Anarchy

Postby Falconias » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:[center][big][big][big][big][big][big][font=stonecut]In the Name of John Ashcroft Land[/font][/big][/big][/big][/big][/big][/big][/center]

[small][font=Verdana]On April 29 2003, Regional Controls were added to NationStates. WA Delegates gained ultimate power over their respective regions and The Rejected Realms was erected to purpose the role of a place for the Broken and the Battleborne.

With these responsibilities and the privilege of power came exploitation of these responsibilities, conquests for glory and the pursuit of domination. Where there is power, there are those who wish only to abuse this power. Then came The Farkers and the so-called “French Pirates”, The Driftwood Gang and so forth – the lulzy bastards, the fun-havers and the opportunitists. These groups organized however and they sought great political domination, only to be challenged by a rising imperialist foe called The Atlantic Alliance.

As the world was left in a pretty cool state of insanity and an pretty well known hero rose in defense of those that these invaders played around with. Bathed in the light of his table lamp, the very fabric of lulz itself, this hero led his equals into a great battle for what was fun, for what was enjoyable and for what was totally radical. In the name of our fun, our glory and politicking, these badasses strutted.

This hero's names is quite well known, he is John Ashcroft Land. Known to history itself; like all of us unfortunately might end up being, his name emblazened the glorious sky. But what motivated this hero remains today, what brought his to the cause and what gave him the care to stay up, the might and the intense gaze to fight for funzies will forever remain while there is power to be casually taken by the Raiders in this game.

The highest authority of The Defender World is not Saint Unibot; the highest authority is not I, nor you or any one individual or any of us for that matter.

It is the man himself, John Ashcroft Land.

The spirit of lulzfending, the ammo that fills the combat shotgun, the realxation, the lack of moral duty that shines in all of our computer screens when the night is darkest.

I wrote in my fake manifesto that we were governed by a higher need for the fun of R/D, this was no false pretense. We are all carriers of this torch of lulz; upholding the belief that Nationstates is a game and we'll have some good old fashioned fun in the playing of it. Likewise, as a LulzFenda, my serious duty is to take care and service my growing need to infiltrate Imperialist regions.

I can attest to this: the JAL guides us not to be all we should be, but be all we care to be.

Those first defenders clicked on their computer screens knowing that this conflict would continue beyond their time, and foresaw that nerds just like them would be doing it a decade later

Remember John Ashcroft Land, because he will not forget you. [/font][/small]

[center](Image)
JAL fighting the Raiderscum[/center]

[font=stonecut][big][big][big][big]Forever for the Lulz,[/big][/big][/big][/big]
[big][big][big]Tim Winchester-Stark.[/big][/big][/big][/font]

This lecture was inspired by the Moralism Yuck that was Unibot's Similar Lecture in the name of the The Innominate

Quoted for forum fails.
The Democratic Anarchy of Falconias

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Broken codes render this damn near unreadable.
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Fixed.

Damn non-Zetaboard :P

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:10 pm

The only thing I can think of while reading this is how far I'd be in this game if I didn't spend over a year stagnating in JAL's regions like TIL and Exshaw :p

I'd like to see more about your passionate love for Durk.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:The only thing I can think of while reading this is how far I'd be in this game if I didn't spend over a year stagnating in JAL's regions like TIL and Exshaw :p

Comrade Koth, we all have a deep and passionate love for JAL. He is a true patriot of R/D.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:14 pm

I agree, more for the lulz!
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Finally, a sensible thread on Gameplay.
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:The only thing I can think of while reading this is how far I'd be in this game if I didn't spend over a year stagnating in JAL's regions like TIL and Exshaw :p

Surely you would have invaded at least a few extra worthless <50 pop. regions nobody outside the R/D community gives a **** about. :p

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:

Surely you would have invaded at least a few extra worthless <50 pop. regions nobody outside the R/D community gives a **** about. :p

I kid man, I actually liked both regions. Just wished I could have done something in those armies I signed up for :hug:
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:32 pm

I wish all lectures were this short :P

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:51 pm

McMasterdonia wrote:I wish all lectures were this short :P

I shall aspire to make all of mine this brief and glorious, Comrade McMasterdonia.

Blackbird
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Blackbird » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Was this a lecture about lulz? That's horrible.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:04 pm

No, it was about JAL, the Supreme Overlord and High King of Lulz in NS. :p
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

The Bruce
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:Finally, a sensible thread on Gameplay.

Back in the day, I used to swap telegrams with Bleasdale. They were an excellent source for invader intelligence and like many of the Driftwood Gang, very diplomatic. The other notable names of the 22 members of the Driftwood Gang that I remember were: Michelle Rae, Driftwood Beach, and Cobb Michelle.

Falconias
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Falconias » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:46 am

Tim can you link the article you're parodying please? Most of the commenters here have no idea what this is a reference to. Just pointing that out....

Mad Jack
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad Jack » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:29 pm

http://s4.zetaboards.com/UDL/topic/9955847/1/

The lecture this is parodying.
Where is Someone Special?
<@Unibot> I don't care about defender unity.

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Didn't know it was a parody but liked it anyway. BTW, banned from the UDL forum - what is in the link?

Mad Jack
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad Jack » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:37 pm

[bigobnoxiousletters]In the Name of the Innominate[/bigobnoxiousletters]

On April 29 2003, Regional Controls were added to NationStates. WA Delegates gained power over their respective regions and The Rejected Realms was constructed to fulfill its role as a place for the Unwanted and the Exiled.

With these responsibilities and the privilege of power came exploitation of these responsibilities, conquests for glory and the pursuit of domination. Where there is power, there are those who wish only to abuse this power. Then came The Farkers and the so-called “French Pirates”, The Driftwood Gang and so forth – the meddlers, the malignants and the mistakes. These groups organized however and they sought great political domination, only to be challenged by a rising imperialist foe called The Atlantic Alliance.

As the world was left in chaos, disarray and despair, an unsung hero rose in defense of those that these invaders spat upon and mocked. Bathed in lux aeterna, the very fabric of right itself, this hero led his equals into a great battle for what was right, for what was just and for what needed to be done. In the name of our security, our peace and dignity, these heroes stood.

These heroes' names are forgotten, they are The Innominate. Lost to history itself; like all of us will, they eventually went unnamed. But what motivated these heroes remains today, what brought them to their cause and what gave them the courage, the might and the will to fight for freedom will forever remain while there is power to be abused by others in our homes and communities.

The highest authority of The United Defenders League is not Chief Mahaj; the highest authority is not I, nor you or any one individual or any of us for that matter.

It is the light, Lux aeterna.

The soul of defenderdom, the flame that furnishes the sword, the oath, the principle that shines in all of our hearts when the night is darkest.

I wrote in our founding document that we were governed by a higher body of intransient defender law, this was no false pretense. Our Chief is our highest representative of this great source of illumination, his eternal mission, to carry out its calls for justice, requires the chain of command and the army that falls in order under him. Likewise, as a Guardian, my honoured duty is to take care and service the very light of defenderdom itself.

I can attest to this: the light asks us not to be all we can be, but be all we ought to be.

Those first defenders fought in the trenches knowing that this conflict would continue beyond their time, they foresaw you and passed the light forward which guided them.

Remember The Innominate, because they never forgot you.

Posted Image
Lux aeterna and the Proto-Defender.

[bigobnoxiousletters]Forever on Guard,
Unibot.[/bigobnoxiousletters]
Where is Someone Special?
<@Unibot> I don't care about defender unity.

Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:Didn't know it was a parody but liked it anyway. BTW, banned from the UDL forum - what is in the link?

A similarly gushy Unibot essay about The Innominate. Very idealistic and stuff. You'd love it.

EDIT: Dammit Georgie! >>
Last edited by Charax on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:52 pm

JAL is indeed bathed in lux aeterna, et in lux perpetua.

HAIL! :p
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Added Unibot's original one to the OP, per request.

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:49 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:Added Unibot's original one to the OP, per request.

Wow. I almost threw up.

Nice parody!
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:51 am

Eist wrote:

Wow. I almost threw up.

Nice parody!

Yeah... when Falc first showed me that thing... I nearly did the same thing...
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Falconias
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Falconias » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:41 am

Eist wrote:

Wow. I almost threw up.

Nice parody!

Guys, don't hate! You're just jealous that the UDL is bathed in a holy light.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay