NATION

PASSWORD

Osiris

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Osiris

Postby Corporation de Apple » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Well, folks, let's hope that this thread doesn't get derailed *cough*. I hope that we can have relative respect for everyone.

I'll take this opportunity to express my, and Osiris' utter contempt for Gatesville, for aligning themselves with the Combine. Their actions are already contemptible, and the fact that they go ahead and align themselves with forum crashers, is even more despicable.

I'm glad to see that one of their treatied regions has severed ties. How long will it take before another follows?
Last edited by Corporation de Apple on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Albul wrote:Everyone has said what they needed and now no one is saying anything relevant to the topic.

That describes pretty much every topic ever posted in NSG.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:46 pm

It is not surprising that when Gatesville needed like-minded people, it went to forum destroyers.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Mr Ferdinand and the Extraterrestrials
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mr Ferdinand and the Extraterrestrials » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:51 pm

Mr. Ferdinand disembarks from his spaceship as it touches down softly next to Mahaj, and approaches with a friendly, yet purple, countenance

Excuse me, but isn't this not the first time the Combine has been seen in Osiris?

Haven't people in your government been endorsed by the Combine before?

Finally and if so, do you hold contempt for those people?

Thank you for your time :)

Mad Jack
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad Jack » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:37 pm

Mr Ferdinand and the Extraterrestrials wrote:Excuse me, but isn't this not the first time the Combine has been seen in Osiris?
Correct.

At the time in which this occurred, those people were not acting as members of the then Osiris government.

If by those people you mean the Combine, then yes I do.
Where is Someone Special?
<@Unibot> I don't care about defender unity.

Mr Ferdinand and the Extraterrestrials
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mr Ferdinand and the Extraterrestrials » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:42 pm

Are you Mahaj? I would like an authoritative view on the subject, no offense to you please don't be offended, but it is important to get authoritative perspectives during this confusing time.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Mr Ferdinand and the Extraterrestrials wrote:Are you Mahaj? I would like an authoritative view on the subject, no offense to you please don't be offended, but it is important to get authoritative perspectives during this confusing time.

Yes.

Mr Ferdinand and the Extraterrestrials wrote:
Excuse me, but isn't this not the first time the Combine has been seen in Osiris?

It is not the first time the Combine has been seen.

The Combine was endorsing coupers.

I hold contempt for their actions and to a lesser degree the people. Lesser because they apologized.
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

TAO the Wanderer
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby TAO the Wanderer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Knowing that GV would choose to associate with the AC and willingly violate C.O.P.S. while claiming to be an ally of TWP and the NTO is unconscionable. As someone who originally pressed for and helped in the creation of C.O.P.S, and as someone who once held sway in TWP, the decision to have TWP and GV go their separate ways is the right one. It now seems the relationship that existed for years has been based on lies ... and not lies from within TWP.

It is a sad day that any organization, let alone one as awesome as GV once was, would willingly and knowingly work alongside forum destroyers. Is Gatesville truly in the pouches of marsupials?

Any members of the AC who dislike being called 'forum destroyers' should abandon the AC and abandon any support for Gatesville and its position in Osiris.
Last edited by TAO the Wanderer on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of TWP
CommRanger Creator
Leader of the NTO
Protector of The Cuckoos Egg
Guardian of Secrets (semi-retired)
NON-WA Delegate of TWP, TNP (pending), and OSIRIS. Application for NON-WA Delegate of LAZARUS submitted.

Stop by The Beech Beach House and say 'hello'.

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Mr Ferdinand and the Extraterrestrials wrote:Are you Mahaj? I would like an authoritative view on the subject, no offense to you please don't be offended, but it is important to get authoritative perspectives during this confusing time.

If you would like an authoritative view on the subject, you don't get much more authoritative than this.

The Aezean Combine was in Osiris supporting the 24 hour coup in December. They were not invited by those who remain citizens of Osiris and have met the obligations to which they agreed as punishment for their participation in that coup. The Combine was, rather, invited by Nevadar, High Queen of Gatesville Inc, and it is she who has once again invited them into Osiris. She is also the only participant in the December coup who did not meet the obligations of the pardon agreement that she signed and pledged to uphold. Both her failure to keep her word and her double willingness to drag forum destroyers into Osiris demonstrate the insidious nature of this occupation and those behind it, and why both Gatesville Inc and the so-called "Osiris Imperium" should be shunned by every region in NationStates. There is no honor among thieves, and these particular thieves who have temporarily stolen our region neither keep their word nor have any qualms about associating with the lowest of the low in this game.

NS Forum Lurker
Attaché

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Forum Lurker » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:24 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:

If you would like an authoritative view on the subject, you don't get much more authoritative than this.

The Aezean Combine was in Osiris supporting the 24 hour coup in December. They were not invited by those who remain citizens of Osiris and have met the obligations to which they agreed as punishment for their participation in that coup. The Combine was, rather, invited by Nevadar, High Queen of Gatesville Inc, and it is she who has once again invited them into Osiris. She is also the only participant in the December coup who did not meet the obligations of the pardon agreement that she signed and pledged to uphold. Both her failure to keep her word and her double willingness to drag forum destroyers into Osiris demonstrate the insidious nature of this occupation and those behind it, and why both Gatesville Inc and the so-called "Osiris Imperium" should be shunned by every region in NationStates. There is no honor among thieves, and these particular thieves who have temporarily stolen our region neither keep their word nor have any qualms about associating with the lowest of the low in this game.

And what of you, Cormac? Are you free from all disdain? Do you remain untainted by 'forum-destroyer' filth? Do you remain untainted by those associated with the AC? I'm noticing a failure to name names. Obviously, if you recognize these people from the AC, you can name them off? You named Queen Nevadar as conspiring with these people, but fail to provide evidence; fail further to name fellow conspirators. As far as I was aware, as has been said countless times to me in the past few years, the AC is disbanded; it is no more. Those who were a part of the AC have moved on to The Ascendancy, and to other places. To keep referring to them as the AC would be improper. As you said, there is no honor among thieves, yet I have consistently seen you in the company of thieves throughout the past few years. Is this to mean that you are without honor, too? Or, is that different?

Biyah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Biyah » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Yeah, perhaps you should read more and talk less.

AC is in Osiris. Aezer has admitted to being in Osiris. The AC High Command has released press releases on the RMB in Osiris. Nevadar has said she invited them in.

In short, what dream world are you living in, that you're trying to argue the AC was disbanded and can't be there? Really? Just... really?

~B
-Lord Menelian, Patriarch of The House of Rahl, Reborn.

So sleep soundly in your beds tonight, for judgement falls upon you at first light. I'm the hand of God, I'm the dark messiah, I'm the vengeful one.

NS Forum Lurker
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Forum Lurker » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Biyah wrote:Yeah, perhaps you should read more and talk less.

AC is in Osiris. Aezer has admitted to being in Osiris. The AC High Command has released press releases on the RMB in Osiris. Nevadar has said she invited them in.

In short, what dream world are you living in, that you're trying to argue the AC was disbanded and can't be there? Really? Just... really?

~B

I said 'as far as I was aware'. Thanks for answering some of my questions so nicely, Biyah. You are definitely a shining example of the NS community.

TAO the Wanderer
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby TAO the Wanderer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Lurker-Frak ... Every player can be afforded a second chance, if they choose to go a different direction. There are even old AC members who left the organization because of the forum destruction. The problem is with resurrecting anything AC again. Even in this conflict, Gatesville can break ties with their honor-less ally and, in time, show they are capable of being trusted again.
Former Delegate of TWP
CommRanger Creator
Leader of the NTO
Protector of The Cuckoos Egg
Guardian of Secrets (semi-retired)
NON-WA Delegate of TWP, TNP (pending), and OSIRIS. Application for NON-WA Delegate of LAZARUS submitted.

Stop by The Beech Beach House and say 'hello'.

NS Forum Lurker
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Forum Lurker » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:59 pm

TAO the Wanderer wrote:Lurker-Frak ... Every player can be afforded a second chance, if they choose to go a different direction. There are even old AC members who left the organization because of the forum destruction. The problem is with resurrecting anything AC again. Even in this conflict, Gatesville can break ties with their honor-less ally and, in time, show they are capable of being trusted again.

I agree that every person should be afforded a second chance; time and again; as long as they exhibit some form of behavior worthy of that second chance; cognizance of their mistakes; humility for it; intention to atone for them. I said as much for Rougiers during my time in Europeia. His attitude dictated a lot of the responses he received, because he couldn't understand why people were so upset at him; wouldn't accept that they had reason to distrust him and look down their nose. He was given a second chance by Europeia, too, which was rescinded shortly thereafter for his actions and reactions in that thread.

It would be idiocy itself to revive the AC exactly for the reasons you just mentioned. Most AC members know this; so why would they attempt to revive it? Their chance at atonement came with The Ascendancy, and as far as I know and understand they have been doing very well for themselves on that front and in showing people they are deserving of chances. I'm more than open to anyone who may have information to the contrary. Perhaps it's just me, but I really do want to believe the members of the AC have moved on to better things and are doing better for themselves.

That is why I would sincerely like to see Cormac name some names and aliases.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:32 pm

NS Forum Lurker wrote:
TAO the Wanderer wrote:Lurker-Frak ... Every player can be afforded a second chance, if they choose to go a different direction. There are even old AC members who left the organization because of the forum destruction. The problem is with resurrecting anything AC again. Even in this conflict, Gatesville can break ties with their honor-less ally and, in time, show they are capable of being trusted again.

I agree that every person should be afforded a second chance; time and again; as long as they exhibit some form of behavior worthy of that second chance; cognizance of their mistakes; humility for it; intention to atone for them. I said as much for Rougiers during my time in Europeia. His attitude dictated a lot of the responses he received, because he couldn't understand why people were so upset at him; wouldn't accept that they had reason to distrust him and look down their nose. He was given a second chance by Europeia, too, which was rescinded shortly thereafter for his actions and reactions in that thread.

It would be idiocy itself to revive the AC exactly for the reasons you just mentioned. Most AC members know this; so why would they attempt to revive it? Their chance at atonement came with The Ascendancy, and as far as I know and understand they have been doing very well for themselves on that front and in showing people they are deserving of chances. I'm more than open to anyone who may have information to the contrary. Perhaps it's just me, but I really do want to believe the members of the AC have moved on to better things and are doing better for themselves.

Cormac is under no obligation to disseminate intelligence and data which may or may not be public, especially not in a Gameplay thread and ESPECIALLY not if the person asking is you.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Albul wrote:Everyone has said what they needed and now no one is saying anything relevant to the topic.

NS Forum Lurker
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Forum Lurker » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Corporation de Apple wrote:
NS Forum Lurker wrote:

Cormac is under no obligation to disseminate intelligence and data which may or may not be public, especially not in a Gameplay thread and ESPECIALLY not if the person asking is you.

You know; I'd actually accept that if it wasn't from you. Your involvement with my region, The Kingdom of Middle Earth, was enough to make me distrust anything you might say. The fact that you, yourself, have been in bed with questionable characters in NS only compounds that.

I don't believe that the AC was in Osiris at all. I think it's just another matter of people giving 'credit' to the AC so they can get away without real condemnation themselves.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:14 pm

NS Forum Lurker wrote:
Corporation de Apple wrote:Cormac is under no obligation to disseminate intelligence and data which may or may not be public, especially not in a Gameplay thread and ESPECIALLY not if the person asking is you.

You know; I'd actually accept that if it wasn't from you. Your involvement with my region, The Kingdom of Middle Earth, was enough to make me distrust anything you might say. The fact that you, yourself, have been in bed with questionable characters in NS only compounds that.

I don't believe that the AC was in Osiris at all. I think it's just another matter of people giving 'credit' to the AC so they can get away without real condemnation themselves.

Ooookay, do you have a different Thrawnn in your mind? >.>

I've been involved with UK, Markarth, TNGE (still am) and Osiris (duh).
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Biyah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Biyah » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Heh. Yeah, AC is there. It's rather.... obvious. There's no question about it (expect to you, apparently)
Last edited by Biyah on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Lord Menelian, Patriarch of The House of Rahl, Reborn.

So sleep soundly in your beds tonight, for judgement falls upon you at first light. I'm the hand of God, I'm the dark messiah, I'm the vengeful one.

NS Forum Lurker
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Forum Lurker » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Aeazer was there. That does not equate to the AC being there.

Cerian Quilor
Senator

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Cerian Quilor » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:24 pm

And the AC flag?
Never underestimate the power of cynicism, pessimism and negativity to prevent terrible things from happening. Only idealists try to build the future on a mountain of bodies.

The Thing to Remember About NationStates is that it is an almost entirely social game - fundamentally, you have no power beyond your own ability to convince people to go along with your ideas. In that sense, even the most dictatorial region is fundamentally democratic.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:27 pm

NS Forum Lurker wrote:Aeazer was there. That does not equate to the AC being there.

And the RMB posts? And the PR by Nev? :o
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

NS Forum Lurker
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Forum Lurker » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:37 pm

And the whistles and horns and smoke and mirrors?

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:38 pm

NS Forum Lurker wrote:And the whistles and horns and smoke and mirrors?

Do you have something constructive to add to this thread, or are you going to repeat the same things over and over again, even if they hold no basis in fact? I could use the practice repeating myself as well.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

NS Forum Lurker
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Forum Lurker » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:42 pm

no, no. I'm quite finished. Do proceed.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:13 pm

NS Forum Lurker wrote:no, no. I'm quite finished. Do proceed.

Thank God.

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:20 pm

NS Forum Lurker wrote:no, no. I'm quite finished. Do proceed.

And there was much rejoicing on the streets.

All right, someone mind filling me in a little on this "AC" business? I've been kinda out of the gameplay side of things lately, kind of just scanning through topics.
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay