NATION

PASSWORD

The Rejected Times

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vuori Kunin-Grrs
Envoy

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vuori Kunin-Grrs » Sun May 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:
You ever built a successful regional project/military? It takes time, mate.

He's built regions....not sure about the successful part though.

Well, DankMemes did grow to a maximum of almost 110 nations at one point, with associated military and government activity, though I left shortly afterwards as I discovered it wasn't exactly the place to host a complex government with an absurdly long Constitution. :p
Last edited by Vuori Kunin-Grrs on Sun May 28, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daemon Wrath
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 13, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Daemon Wrath » Sun May 28, 2017 8:16 pm

*sigh* So, waxing nostalgic about the 'glory days' is where we are now? Granted, I'm a relative newcomer but fug...

Even TNP has resorted to history lessons about previous coups (arguably revisionist) to spur activity.

I think GP is in a good place atm. Raiders raid, fendas fend, independents pretend they're relevant. It's all good. 8)

Vuori Kunin-Grrs
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vuori Kunin-Grrs » Sun May 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Daemon Wrath wrote:*sigh* So, waxing nostalgic about the 'glory days' is where we are now? Granted, I'm a relative newcomer but fug...

Even TNP has resorted to history lessons about previous coups (arguably revisionist) to spur activity.

I think GP is in a good place atm. Raiders raid, fendas fend, independents pretend they're relevant. It's all good. 8)

If you've seen the entire history of NS, you'd see that NS is in somewhat of a recession, though admittedly not *much*.

Daemon Wrath
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 13, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Daemon Wrath » Sun May 28, 2017 8:36 pm

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:If you've seen the entire history of NS, you'd see that NS is in somewhat of a recession, though admittedly not *much*.

Fair point. But regressing to previous norms isn't a solution imo.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun May 28, 2017 11:08 pm

I wish that Gameplay was boring. I wish that Gameplay was going through a lull in activity. That it was in a recession. That the kind of bullshit that is going on wasn't and you were all right. Sadly, you're not.

The rise of Discord, and the fall of the Gameplay forum, is all this is. Almost all the drama takes place there now.

The reason as to why players with reputations like Unibot and La Navasse aren't in these invite-only communities are anyone's guess.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun May 28, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Vuori Kunin-Grrs
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vuori Kunin-Grrs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:06 am

Ridersyl wrote:I wish that Gameplay was boring. I wish that Gameplay was going through a lull in activity. That it was in a recession. That the kind of bullshit that is going on wasn't and you were all right. Sadly, you're not.

The rise of Discord, and the fall of the Gameplay forum, is all this is. Almost all the drama takes place there now.

The reason as to why players with reputations like Unibot and La Navasse aren't in these invite-only communities are anyone's guess.

And clearly, the activity of GP in NationStates is absolutely different from the modernized framework of Discord, where GP allows for Discord regions to be invaded, and what not...

But seriously. GP activity is clearly visible Gameside, and I can say it has been decreased. No amount of drama going on in some dark, weedy Discord server will mask activity Gameside.

Drama occurring on Discord servers just doesn't translate into Gameside activity. End of your argument.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon May 29, 2017 1:13 am

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:But seriously. GP activity is clearly visible Gameside, and I can say it has been decreased. No amount of drama going on in some dark, weedy Discord server will mask activity Gameside.

Drama occurring on Discord servers just doesn't translate into Gameside activity. End of your argument.

It's an end to an argument I never made.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Vuori Kunin-Grrs
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vuori Kunin-Grrs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:15 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:But seriously. GP activity is clearly visible Gameside, and I can say it has been decreased. No amount of drama going on in some dark, weedy Discord server will mask activity Gameside.

Ha.

The argument that players like Unibot and I aren't seeing GP activity because we aren't on the GP Discord servers where it supposedly takes place? Yeah, right.
Last edited by Vuori Kunin-Grrs on Mon May 29, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon May 29, 2017 1:18 am

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

Ha.

The argument that players like Unibot and I aren't seeing GP activity because we aren't on the GP servers where it supposedly takes place? Yeah, right.

Oh, so you do understand what I was saying! You just don't realize that Gameplay is a term that encompasses onsite and offsite, while Gameside refers to on-site only. Okay.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Vuori Kunin-Grrs
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vuori Kunin-Grrs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:20 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:Ha.

The argument that players like Unibot and I aren't seeing GP activity because we aren't on the GP servers where it supposedly takes place? Yeah, right.

Oh, so you do understand what I was saying! You just don't realize that Gameplay is a term that encompasses onsite and offsite, while Gameside refers to on-site only. Okay.

You just don't realize that you feel triumphant because you feel that the random thing that went on in your friend's region involving some random chat logs is more important than the actual Gameside invasion that you never supported.

Yep, I get it now. High school gossip on pseudo-Gameplay Discord channels is the new Gameplay. I guess the technological revolution has finally come to NS. :lol2:

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon May 29, 2017 1:22 am

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:Yep, I get it now. High school gossip on pseudo-Gameplay Discord channels is the new Gameplay. I guess the technological revolution has finally come to NS. :lol2:

Aren't you in Middle School?
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Vuori Kunin-Grrs
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vuori Kunin-Grrs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:25 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:Yep, I get it now. High school gossip on pseudo-Gameplay Discord channels is the new Gameplay. I guess the technological revolution has finally come to NS. :lol2:

Aren't you in Middle School?
That doesn't impact my logical reasoning. Possibly emotionally, due to puberty, but not much else.

Furthermore, apparently, there is evidence of a dark NS developing in Discords as Gameside activities decrease in frequency, as Ridersyl apparently has explained, so as we veer back on topic.
Last edited by Vuori Kunin-Grrs on Mon May 29, 2017 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon May 29, 2017 1:30 am

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

You just don't realize that you feel triumphant because you feel that the random thing that went on in your friend's region involving some random chat logs is more important than the actual Gameside invasion that you never supported.

Yep, I get it now. High school gossip on pseudo-Gameplay Discord channels is the new Gameplay. I guess the technological revolution has finally come to NS. :lol2:

Ohhh my. If only you could realize the harrowing depth of your wrongness, you'd feel embarrassment on a scale I can't quite describe. :lol:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Vuori Kunin-Grrs
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vuori Kunin-Grrs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:32 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:You just don't realize that you feel triumphant because you feel that the random thing that went on in your friend's region involving some random chat logs is more important than the actual Gameside invasion that you never supported.

Ohhh my. If only you could realize the harrowing depth of your wrongness, you'd feel embarrassment on a scale I can't quite describe. :lol:
What happens on Gameplay ultimately comes to affect the game gameside. Discord must not have a lot of actual GP discussion.

From what I've heard and seen, Discords for GP for NS are nothing more than just gossip boards where the planning for various ops has gone to, transferring from Skype. The "discussion" is mostly gossip about players in random things or just random things.
Last edited by Vuori Kunin-Grrs on Mon May 29, 2017 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Panzer Vier
Attaché

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Panzer Vier » Mon May 29, 2017 1:38 am

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:
What happens on Gameplay ultimately comes to affect the game gameside. Discord must not have a lot of actual GP discussion.

From what I've heard and seen, Discords for GP for NS are nothing more than just gossip boards where the planning for various ops has gone to, transferring from Skype. The "discussion" is mostly gossip about players in random things or just random things.

Although that might just be because I could probably count the number of actually important, secure channels you've had access to on one hand.
Surprise surprise, things don't always get discussed right out in the open :roll:
~Derps Vytherov~
I mess with code on occasion, so check this out, kthx!

Want to know something about r/d? Just ask! ^^

Vuori Kunin-Grrs
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vuori Kunin-Grrs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:42 am

Panzer Vier wrote:
Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:What happens on Gameplay ultimately comes to affect the game gameside. Discord must not have a lot of actual GP discussion.

Although that might just be because I could probably count the number of actually important, secure channels you've had access to on one hand.
Surprise surprise, things don't always get discussed right out in the open :roll:

Surprise surprise, I had already set up hidden Discord channels in my own servers long before I joined other Discords. My point is, we don't see this supposed "action" in Gameside invasions, coups, conspiracies, etc.

Panzer Vier
Attaché

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Panzer Vier » Mon May 29, 2017 1:44 am

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:
Panzer Vier wrote:Although that might just be because I could probably count the number of actually important, secure channels you've had access to on one hand.

Surprise surprise, I had already set up hidden Discord channels in my own servers long before I joined other Discords. My point is, we don't see this supposed "action" in Gameside invasions, coups, conspiracies, etc.

here, give me a moment
I'll highlight the section you seem to have missed
~Derps Vytherov~

Vuori Kunin-Grrs
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vuori Kunin-Grrs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:46 am

Let me highlight the important part that you've missed:
Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:Surprise surprise, I had already set up hidden Discord channels in my own servers long before I joined other Discords. My point is, we don't see this supposed "action" in Gameside invasions, coups, conspiracies, etc.

It is an overall decrease in Gameside activity, not random discussion about fanciful plots never done.
Last edited by Vuori Kunin-Grrs on Mon May 29, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon May 29, 2017 1:48 am

Terrible times we live in, that the least informed pretend they're the most informed.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon May 29, 2017 1:49 am

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:

Let me highlight the important part that you've missed:
Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:Surprise surprise, I had already set up hidden Discord channels in my own servers long before I joined other Discords. My point is, we don't see this supposed "action" in Gameside invasions, coups, conspiracies, etc.

Don't worry, I didn't miss it!

I know this is a difficult concept for you to understand but... It's because Discord isn't Gameside.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Vuori Kunin-Grrs
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vuori Kunin-Grrs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:52 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:Let me highlight the important part that you've missed:

Don't worry, I didn't miss it!

I know this is a difficult concept for you to understand but... It's because Discord isn't Gameside.

I know this is also a difficult concept for you to understand, however, it is quite clear that Discord activity, which is [very doubtedly] Gameplay, is not transferring over to Gameside activity, and that NS is experiencing an overall decrease in Gameside activity. This is my point; I don't care about Discord activity if it is creating Gameside activity like it is right now.

Discord activity is nothing if it makes no activity Gameside. Discord isn't doing anything in Gameplay, and probably as a result of its release, has decreased Gameside activity as NSers go on Discord Gameplay servers to chat about irrelevant NS stuff, or even non-NS stuff, that doesn't do anything, nor plan for anything, Gameside. Even with the planning, activity is decreasing.
Last edited by Vuori Kunin-Grrs on Mon May 29, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon May 29, 2017 2:00 am

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:I know this is also a difficult concept for you to understand, however, it is quite clear that Discord activity, which is [very doubtedly] Gameplay, is not transferring over to Gameside activity, and that NS is experiencing an overall decrease in Gameside activity. This is my point; I don't care about Discord activity if it is creating Gameside activity like it is right now.

Discord activity is nothing if it makes no activity Gameside. Discord isn't doing anything in Gameplay, and probably as a result of its release, has decreased Gameside activity as NSers go on Discord Gameplay servers to chat about irrelevant NS stuff, or even non-NS stuff, that doesn't do anything, nor plan for anything, Gameside. Even with the planning, activity is decreasing.

That was an adventure to read.

So how many Discord Gameplay servers are you currently a member of?
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Vuori Kunin-Grrs
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vuori Kunin-Grrs » Mon May 29, 2017 2:13 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:I know this is also a difficult concept for you to understand, however, it is quite clear that Discord activity, which is [very doubtedly] Gameplay, is not transferring over to Gameside activity, and that NS is experiencing an overall decrease in Gameside activity. This is my point; I don't care about Discord activity if it is creating Gameside activity like it is right now.

And how much activity have I seen in Gameside? Decreasing relative to last year.
The number of Discord NSGP servers I am in doesn't matter as the activity in NationStates Gameside is clearly shown.

Let me repeat that.

In NationStates, the activity Gameside, such as invasions, occupations, coups, conspiracies, and so on, is clearly shown. This activity has clearly been shown to be decreasing in frequency and intensity.

Panzer Vier
Attaché

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Panzer Vier » Mon May 29, 2017 2:17 am

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:In NationStates, the activity Gameside, such as invasions, occupations, coups, conspiracies, and so on, is clearly shown. This activity has clearly been shown to be decreasing in frequency and intensity.

Alright, provide some empirical evidence. I'm sure a lot of us here like actual statistics and the like, rather than a vague doomsaying :)
~Derps Vytherov~

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 am

Vuori Kunin-Grrs wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

And how much activity have I seen in Gameside? Decreasing relative to last year.
The number of Discord NSGP servers I am in doesn't matter as the activity in NationStates Gameside is clearly shown.

Let me repeat that.

In NationStates, the activity Gameside, such as invasions, occupations, coups, conspiracies, and so on, is clearly shown. This activity has clearly been shown to be decreasing in frequency and intensity.

Intense.

So, it's safe to assume you don't have any experience in Discord NSGP servers, then. You sure pretended to know exactly what kind of activities take place on them, though. Even to the extreme of saying Discord NSGP servers are causing the lack of activity you're so aggressively pointing out.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay