NATION

PASSWORD

The UDL invades The Galaxy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Galiantus
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Nullarni wrote:Empty? Seriously? There were 11 nations in the region just prior to Nazi Europe moving in. Just FYI.

Explain why UDL did not endorse one of those 11 nations.
Last objected by The World Assembly on Wednesday, August 1, 2012, objected 400 times in total.
Benjamin Franklin wrote:"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch."
Ballotonia wrote:Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

On NationStates, We are the Good Guys:Aretist NatSovs

Nullarni
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 26, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Nullarni » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:55 pm

The only WA member prior to the invasion, was now endorsing the raiders.

Dissect and twist the situation all you like. The UDL made a good call on this one. Its as simple as that. My only complaint was that we used so many defenders on such a small target... but that has to do with technique, not ideology.

Edit: Nice add on to your sig. It makes me smile. :p
Last edited by Nullarni on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud founder of the NEW WARSAW PACT. Visitors welcome.

Galiantus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Nullarni wrote:The only WA member prior to the invasion, was now endorsing the raiders.

Dissect and twist the situation all you like. The UDL made a good call on this one. Its as simple as that. My only complaint was that we used so many defenders on such a small target... but that has to do with technique, not ideology.

Edit: Nice add on to your sig. It makes me smile. :p

Okay, I won't let my pride say you are wrong. At this point I don't know what to think. However, I will always have a problem with IntFeds, Invaders, and Defenders.

Edit: Thanks. Does it make you smile because of the idiology, or because of the plagerism?
Last objected by The World Assembly on Wednesday, August 1, 2012, objected 400 times in total.
Benjamin Franklin wrote:"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch."
Ballotonia wrote:Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

Nullarni
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nullarni » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Galiantus wrote:
Edit: Thanks. Does it make you smile because of the idiology, or because of the plagerism?

Both. I was a staunch NatSov'er in the WA until I just couldn't stand to be a part of that organization anymore. I don't remember which resolution finally did it for me, but it was a last in a whole string of stomach-wrenchingly bad ones.

Galiantus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:09 pm

Nullarni wrote:
Galiantus wrote:

Both. I was a staunch NatSov'er in the WA until I just couldn't stand to be a part of that organization anymore. I don't remember which resolution finally did it for me, but it was a last in a whole string of stomach-wrenchingly bad ones.

Do you mean "IntFed" right there?
Last edited by Galiantus on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nullarni
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nullarni » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Galiantus wrote:Do you mean "IntFed" right there?

Nope. I was, (and still am to an extent,) a NatSov'er. I just don't participate in the WA anymore.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Quit the threadjack.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Nullarni wrote:The only WA member prior to the invasion, was now endorsing the raiders.

Taking a look at NSHistory we see:

20120623 -- The Galaxy -- 11 (# of nations) -- priwert (founder)
20120616 -- The Galaxy -- 1 (# of nations) -- priwert (founder)

&
20120616 -- Cratosaurus -- The Galaxy

Based on RMB posts, NSHistory and screenshots, Cratosaurus was that one nation present on the 16th. He predates the other 10 nations. We can see a plausible connection with Cratosaurus, the region and founder stretching back over 100 days. They may even be the same person. I'm not ragging on UDL for getting it wrong. Mistakes happen. But to the people continuing to defend the "liberation" in hindsight, come on. There's more than enough to show that this was a bad call. He's a native even if he endorses someone you don't agree with.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:35 pm

Ok, I'm now the UDL operational lead. I'm in the process of trying to get into contact with the founders new nation, and hopefully will be able to get to the bottom of this asap.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:02 pm

The founder is not long CTE ......was he Mod deleted? He was active 9 days ago

EDIT: went back and read yeah he was.....best action to take is have the founder join WA, let him take lead and password. He can refound at his leisure.
Looking at the embassies of the region I would say it was invader leaning anyway.
Last edited by Sichuan Pepper on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:05 pm

He has a new nation, Priwert II, that is active.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Sichuan Pepper wrote:The founder is not long CTE ......was he Mod deleted? He was active 9 days ago

Blood Tithe wrote:Reploid Productions to Priwert II: You were deleted for serial spamming another region using multiple puppets. As a result, the puppet nations and your main one were deleted. Making threats will do absolutely nothing to get your deleted nation back. Indeed, such antics are more likely to cost you further nations.

Source
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:21 pm

ergh....its very messy.
Puppet theatre by the look

The founder is all of these nations yeah?
Priwert II
Cratosaurus
Priwert Command
Plika Command
Juarry
Cratosaurus Command
Algn
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Ok, we're pulling out. As far as we can tell... well, The Galaxy is SNAFU.

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:32 pm

You know we really need an exploding head emote.
Now just ornamental.

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Indeed.

Blood Tithe
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 01, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Blood Tithe » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:03 pm

For the record:

Nullarni wrote:Here are the facts:

* We see the Blood Tithe take the delegate position in a raider fashion. (In fact, defenders jumped in to try and stop the alleged invasion.)

That's not the way I recall it. We were sitting in The Galaxy for hours before update. I caught wind of no defender activity whatsoever until Wednesday minor, when a single defender buzzed the tower. Rimminia or some such.

The only casualty I see is the defender that got stuck with the delegate position. He is new to the game, and he had to put up with the chiding and threats from the raiders involved. After that, I am not sure he will be so quick to help on either side of the game. Great job killing a newb's enthusiasm.

I said I was going to the press. That was comedy; however, my response to Cratosaurus's banjection wasn't. I think it was warranted and fairly mild. Altaggannah could have suppressed my posts. If you're putting newbs in the seat, wouldn't it be wise to ensure they can take a little heat from the kitchen?

Judging from Altaggannah's previous post in this thread, he took a good look at the RMB posts, past and present, and decided that Cratosaurus was a native. I hope he credits himself with getting a clue that you and others didn't.

My only complaint was that we used so many defenders on such a small target... but that has to do with technique, not ideology.

You used so many because you had a difficult time taking The Galaxy from me with less. Refer to my opening post.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:09 pm

Our administration's position is since we were contacted about this raid from an anonymous tipster (who very well could have been a Nazi Europe puppet), The UDL was led into a propaganda trap from a region working in conjunction with Nazi Europe or, possibly even just a puppet dump for Nazi Europe. Nonetheless, through Nazi Europe's exercise they learnt the hard way that they were militarily not a match for The United Defenders League.

- Unibot
Last edited by Unibot II on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Blood Tithe
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 01, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Blood Tithe » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Unibot II wrote:Our administration's position is since we were contacted about this raid from an anonymous tipster (who very well could have been a Nazi Europe puppet), The UDL was led into a propaganda trap from a region working in conjunction with Nazi Europe or, possibly even just a puppet dump for Nazi Europe. Nonetheless, through Nazi Europe's exercise they learnt the hard way that they were militarily not a match for The United Defenders League.

- Unibot

Wow, that's really out there. NE isn't working in conjunction with any region, and I'm unfamiliar with a NE puppet dump. I doubt anyone in NE even knows about this Gameplay thread. I haven't mentioned it.

I think your tipster's out to lunch, trying to play us both for fools or stir up trouble. TG me if you want to discuss it further.

Rupture Farms co
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Rupture Farms co » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:44 pm

I ordered raid and I can promise you that Crato definetly was not my man.

Nullarni
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nullarni » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Rupture Farms co wrote:I ordered raid and I can promise you that Crato definetly was not my man.

Wait- So now you guys admit to it being a raid... That means that the UDL was in the right on this one.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Wait- So now you guys admit to it being a raid... That means that the UDL was in the right on this one.

Blood Tithe wrote:Nazi Europe invaded the region with the support of the only native in the region, which greatly diminishes any notion of malevolence, yeah?

They never denied it was a raid ;) The argument was that the native wasn't a native, do try to keep up.
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Cratosaurus
Civilian

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cratosaurus » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Hmm this would be nice. :)

Altaggannah
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Re: The UDL invades The Galaxy

Postby Altaggannah » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:58 am

First off, I want to say that I was not meant to be the delegate. But the guy who was supposed to have been, got baned.

Secondly, I was only following orders from higher members in the UDL.

Thirdly, when I banned Cratosaurus I had no idea whatsoever that he was a native until after I banned him. I didn't unban him beacause of reason 2. That is also why I banned him.

Fourthly, I do admit to banning Priwert II before he was deleted. But egg on me for thar is the one thing that reason 2 doesn't apply to. I banned him because he kept on sending me telegrams that I didn't really appreciate receiving.

Fifthly, yes people did egg on the UDL for this liberation. However it was only Blood Tithe, no one else from Nazi Europe made any comment that I was aware of.

Sixthly, even though I'm a newb, you make a mistake once in however liberations the UDL has and people start ranting about it. Get over it people, haven't you made a mistake before? If you haven't speak up!
Proudly the FIRST Chancellor of the NEW WARSAW PACT.

I refuse to remove this line from my sig until Chris Hinton is inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame.

Severisen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Severisen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:28 am

Two things.

1) I'm sure blaming your superiors publicly will get you far in your organization.
2) You are telling people to 'get over it' 5 days after everyone stopped talking about it. Who's not over it?
<mcmasterdonia> Ex-TBH dudes get all the NS girls.

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Should I be worried that Mall said he wanted to invade my region?
Member of the Cult of the Overgoat.

Married to my best friends Xoriet and Astarial
Father to Ramaeus, Sylvia, Greyghost, Bachtendekuppen, Liliarchy, Jar, Cookie. (And Guy)
Former: Everything
Current: Nowhere man.
Past, Present, and Future: Nobody.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay