NATION

PASSWORD

Flag Makers Thread (Help Wanted)!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

San Leggera
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San Leggera » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Kandona wrote:Okay, I know this is going to be odd, seeing as how I actually am a flag maker, myself. And yes I do know the programs and everything to use, to make said flags. But, I was wondering, Could someone, who is a flag maker, kinda fix up a flag for me?

What type of flag do you want?
#JusticeForGat
Flag | CoA | Map (bigger!)
I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral

Winner12345
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Winner12345 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:12 pm

How about a website that you don`t have to download
You just wasted your time opening a spoiler
Ambassador Winner Conservative
Mitt is it.
http://www.victory.mittromney.com and http://MittRomney.com
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

San Leggera
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San Leggera » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Winner12345 wrote:How about a website that you don`t have to download

You don't download a website. And the applications I listed are quite a lot better than a website would be to create a flag with.
#JusticeForGat

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Winner12345 wrote:WHAT? :?: :eyebrow: :blink: :palm: :lol2: :rofl:

*** Warned for spamming. ***

Fumonoxii
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fumonoxii » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Fumonoxii wrote:
Fumonoxii wrote:Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

I would like to ask if someone could please photoshop this picture of Rarity from MLP: Friendship is Magic on the upper-right part of my flag, Please just include Rarity herself if you do so. I would do it myself, but photoshop has been acting up for me for some reason. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I am in the wrong section of the forums, it will be moved accordingly.

(Image)

I would also like to thank the Mod Sedgeistan for directing me here.

Was I forgotten? Not trying to pick, but I just want to make sure my request was taken in.

Someone please respond.
"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.''
-Theodore Roosevelt

"With a gentleman I am always a gentleman and a half, and with a fraud I try to be a fraud and a half."
-Otto von Bismarck
“The greatest and noblest pleasure which we have in this world is to discover new truths, and the next is to shake off old prejudices.”
-Fredrick the Great
"Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners."
-Vladimir Lenin
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are charming or tedious."
Oscar Wilde

If you like NationStates, this game is definitely for you. Customization, construction, policy dictation, all the good stuff.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Fumonoxii, there's an application form in the first post of the thread - I'd recommend filling that out, as it makes things easier for the flag makers.

Fumonoxii
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fumonoxii » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Fumonoxii, there's an application form in the first post of the thread - I'd recommend filling that out, as it makes things easier for the flag makers.

I see. Thank you. Very sorry everyone.
"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.''
-Theodore Roosevelt

"With a gentleman I am always a gentleman and a half, and with a fraud I try to be a fraud and a half."
-Otto von Bismarck
“The greatest and noblest pleasure which we have in this world is to discover new truths, and the next is to shake off old prejudices.”
-Fredrick the Great
"Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners."
-Vladimir Lenin
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are charming or tedious."
Oscar Wilde

If you like NationStates, this game is definitely for you. Customization, construction, policy dictation, all the good stuff.

Fumonoxii
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fumonoxii » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Flag Application
Nation Name: Fumonoxii
Colors: No added colors
Any Designs/Symbols? (please post a link if you can to a pic): Just the pony herself in the right corner of my flag. Somewhere around here.
Pic here:
Like I said before, please just put the pony.
Any Specialtys? (grunge, flag waving, etc.): No, thank you.
Anything Else You'd Like To Add: No, thank you.
TG upon completion?: Yes
-Theodore Roosevelt

-Otto von Bismarck
-Fredrick the Great
-Vladimir Lenin
Oscar Wilde

Kandona
Envoy

Founded: Sep 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kandona » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 pm

San Leggera wrote:
Kandona wrote:Okay, I know this is going to be odd, seeing as how I actually am a flag maker, myself. And yes I do know the programs and everything to use, to make said flags. But, I was wondering, Could someone, who is a flag maker, kinda fix up a flag for me?

What type of flag do you want?

Basically a clean up on that flag. That was my first attempt at it, and, as you see, it needs a TAD bit of work done to it. What I would like to see, is that the black stripes at the top and bottom of the flag, be the same width as they are now. The silver cross not overlapping into the black. And maybe a silver or gold outline to the crest.
Interior Ministry of Kandona on behalf of our leader König Christian Draken

greatest quote so far I have seen
Cu Math wrote:Regretfully, there exists the antithesis to Nationstates....Its dark echo, known as "Trollstates" living on the same axis, devouring rationality left and right....Soon, it will tempt you to strike out at it, and then shall you be consumed, destroyed by the evil around you.....
Seriously though, not a chance. You will encounter some seriously bad guys. But stick with the good guys kid; you'll do fine. Good luck!

San Leggera
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San Leggera » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:00 pm

Fumonoxii wrote:Flag Application
Any Designs/Symbols? (please post a link if you can to a pic): Just the pony herself in the right corner of my flag. Somewhere around here. Pic here: Like I said before, please just put the pony.

Is this ok?
#JusticeForGat

San Leggera
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San Leggera » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Kandona wrote:
San Leggera wrote:What type of flag do you want?

Basically a clean up on that flag. That was my first attempt at it, and, as you see, it needs a TAD bit of work done to it. What I would like to see, is that the black stripes at the top and bottom of the flag, be the same width as they are now. The silver cross not overlapping into the black. And maybe a silver or gold outline to the crest.

Do you have the crest on a white or transparent background? It'd really help.
#JusticeForGat

Fumonoxii
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fumonoxii » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:36 pm

San Leggera wrote:
Fumonoxii wrote:Flag Application
Any Designs/Symbols? (please post a link if you can to a pic): Just the pony herself in the right corner of my flag. Somewhere around here. Pic here: Like I said before, please just put the pony.

Is this ok?

Yes. Thank you very much.

EDIT: Actually... Could you do one more thing?
Last edited by Fumonoxii on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Theodore Roosevelt

-Otto von Bismarck
-Fredrick the Great
-Vladimir Lenin
Oscar Wilde

Kandona
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kandona » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:36 pm

San Leggera wrote:
Kandona wrote:

(Image)

Do you have the crest on a white or transparent background? It'd really help.

With what you see, I merged them, using GIMP's merge layers. Now, I think I should be able to show you The actual thing. expect an edit to this, when I find it :)

EDIT:

See, told you :P

ANYWAY...

The above is the crest. From what you see, it in and of itself, needs to be cleared up.

The above it the base, I guess you could say, of the flag. The white would be the same red as in the crest, and the black cross in the center, between to two outer stripes, is silver. As you can see from the previous post about the flag, the golden crest and cross, aren't included on my flag
Last edited by Kandona on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cu Math wrote:Regretfully, there exists the antithesis to Nationstates....Its dark echo, known as "Trollstates" living on the same axis, devouring rationality left and right....Soon, it will tempt you to strike out at it, and then shall you be consumed, destroyed by the evil around you.....
Seriously though, not a chance. You will encounter some seriously bad guys. But stick with the good guys kid; you'll do fine. Good luck!

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Winner12345, if you don't even know what programs to use to edit images, you're probably not going to be very good at flag-making. I'd suggest finding something else to do. Leave this to the people with experience.

Thanks, Sedge. Winner, he's right (as mods usually are). I make all my flags in MS Paint, and it requires a dreadful amount of work and a steady hand, let me tell you. I've been making flags since 2010, and I only started making them for the public about two weeks ago.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Kandona
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kandona » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:Winner12345, if you don't even know what programs to use to edit images, you're probably not going to be very good at flag-making. I'd suggest finding something else to do. Leave this to the people with experience.

Thanks, Sedge. Winner, he's right (as mods usually are). I make all my flags in MS Paint, and it requires a dreadful amount of work and a steady hand, let me tell you. I've been making flags since 2010, and I only started making them for the public about two weeks ago.

For MS Paint, you do a REALLY good job

Sassinia
Senator

Founded: Dec 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sassinia » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Kandona wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:

I made my former flag on MS Paint:
আমি একজন বাঙালি
No, we aren't the Sassanids nor descendants of them.
..and no, we aren't Muslims, either.
THE KINGDOM OF SASSINIA
Head of State: King Ireni Murd
Capital City: Terz
Population: 7,000,000,000 and counting
RP Military: 31,000,000 active, 34,000,000 reserve
Tech: MT
Map
12 [3] 4 5
Increased readiness

Kandona
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kandona » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Sassinia wrote:
Kandona wrote:

I made my former flag on MS Paint:

Very nice. I thought that was made from Photoshop, or GIMP

Sassinia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sassinia » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Kandona wrote:
Sassinia wrote:I made my former flag on MS Paint:
(Image)

It was actually really easy to make.I just pasted a German Empire flag in MS Paint, then added circle and star over it.
Last edited by Sassinia on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
আমি একজন বাঙালি
THE KINGDOM OF SASSINIA
Map
12 [3] 4 5
Increased readiness

Kandona
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kandona » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Sassinia wrote:
Kandona wrote:

It was actually really easy to make.I just pasted a German Empire flag in MS Paint, then added circle and star over it.

thought it looked familiar :)

Sassinia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sassinia » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Kandona wrote:
Sassinia wrote:It was actually really easy to make.I just pasted a German Empire flag in MS Paint, then added circle and star over it.

thought it looked familiar :)

Anyway, did anyone make Uggyht's flag?
আমি একজন বাঙালি
THE KINGDOM OF SASSINIA
Map
12 [3] 4 5
Increased readiness

San Leggera
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San Leggera » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Kandona wrote:
San Leggera wrote:Do you have the crest on a white or transparent background? It'd really help.

With what you see, I merged them, using GIMP's merge layers. Now, I think I should be able to show you The actual thing. expect an edit to this, when I find it :)

EDIT:

See, told you :P

ANYWAY...

The above is the crest. From what you see, it in and of itself, needs to be cleared up.

The above it the base, I guess you could say, of the flag. The white would be the same red as in the crest, and the black cross in the center, between to two outer stripes, is silver. As you can see from the previous post about the flag, the golden crest and cross, aren't included on my flag

Here you go. I cleaned up the edges of the shield a bit, too. I left the outline out as it didn't really look that good with it.
#JusticeForGat

Jarumbia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jarumbia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:15 am

Flag Application
Nation Name: Jarumbia
Colors: red yellow orange
Any Designs/Symbols? (please post a link if you can to a pic):Image

Any Specialtys? (grunge, flag waving, etc.):Can you make it less "pixel-like" more of a cleaner smoother look?
Anything Else You'd Like To Add: Nope
TG upon completion?: Yes, por favor :D
Last edited by Jarumbia on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Magmia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Magmia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:29 am

Nation Name: Magmia
Colors: Same as the ones in the current flag
Any Designs/Symbols?: Just the ones in the current flag
Any Specialtys?: Flag waving
Anything Else You'd Like To Add: Nope.
TG upon completion?: Yes please.

Basically, I want the same one I'm using now, but more professional looking and with flag waving.

EDIT: CANCEL REQUEST!
Last edited by Magmia on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allmann
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Allmann » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:30 am

Flag Application
Nation Name: Allmann
Colors: The ones in the image I will link below.
Any Designs/Symbols? (please post a link if you can to a pic): Flag
Any Specialtys? (grunge, flag waving, etc.): No need for that.
Anything Else You'd Like To Add: Make the swords one colour (removing the red and whites etc on the sides. Maybe outline the swords in black.
TG upon completion?: Yes please.

Thank you,
Allmann

The Rocky Mountain Confederation
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rocky Mountain Confederation » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:20 am

Flag Application
Nation Name: The Rocky Mountain Confederation
Colors: Green, Blue, White, Yellow
Any Designs/Symbols? (please post a link if you can to a pic): Take inspiration from my current flag, but turn it into a proper flag.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01292/canada-banff_1292443c.jpg this should help for inspiration.
Any Specialtys? (grunge, flag waving, etc.): a copy with a grunge effect please
Anything Else You'd Like To Add: Id like the flag to symbolise the lush mountainous environment, with things to symbolise mountains, lakes and forrests.
TG upon completion?: Yes please

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay