NATION

PASSWORD

Unibot, Treason, and the South Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sheepatropolis
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sheepatropolis » Sun May 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Hileville wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:As was stated before, the op does not have the authority to request a threadlock, only the moderators can make that call. No thread ownership in gameplay. Just because you don't have an official statement to make yet doesn't mean that there isn't a discussion to be had on the issue. Would you mind posting the treaty in question here? (spoilered would be nice).

This isn't the first feederite-UDL(Unibot) issue that has arisen in recent times. I may not participate in regional politics, but sometimes it actually seems interesting.

I think Sheepa meant Charter there. TSP and UDL no longer have a Treaty as it has expired.

That's what I meant. I think for the Charter to apply, you'd have to be able to argue that a Warzone held by the SPA constitutes as part of The South Pacific. Which it may, or may not.
Ex Elected Minister of Security for The South Pacific

Ex General-in-chief of The South Pacific Army

The Ancient Puppet of Lordieth

Friendship is magic
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Friendship is magic » Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 pm

This ordeal looks like an exploitation of a technicality, an expression of underlying tensions towards Unibots position in TSP.

Interregional treaties don't usually get this much applicability when third parties are involved. Meh.

Fischistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Sun May 13, 2012 5:55 pm

:rofl: :rofl:
Come on, guys. It's a warzone. They were created for the exact purpose of people trying to take their delegacy. Complaining about taking the delegacy of a warzone just doesn't make sense; they were made for people to fight over. I applaud how ridiculous this topic is. :clap:
Last edited by Fischistan on Sun May 13, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xavier D'Montagne
Fischistani Ambassador to the WA
Unibot II wrote:It's Carta. He CANNOT Fail. Only successes in reverse.
The Matthew Islands wrote:Knowledge is knowing the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Anthony Delasanta wrote:its was not genocide it was ethnic cleansing...
Socorra wrote:A religion-free abortion thread is like a meat-free hamburger.
Help is on its Way: UDL
Never forget 11 September.
Never look off the edge of cliff on a segway.

11 September 1973, of course.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sun May 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Another thread from Ant about me; this is getting old. :roll: At least he doesn't use silly nicknames to hide his identity anymore.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Antariel
Envoy

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Antariel » Sun May 13, 2012 11:03 pm

AMOM suggested I post this here as well as in TSP. But yeah, I will post charges against Uni when he violates our charter; it's only getting 'old' because Uni keeps doing it!

This is pretty clear cut when all is said and done; TSP citizens are not meant to act against TSP, and Unibot attacked a TSP operation. If Warzones don't matter, Uni didn't need to attack us. Etc.

Uni will probably try to smear this as 'anti-Uni' people attacking him; but I fail to see why he (this was apparently not a UDL op) should be able to act with impunity against TSP interests, or why we should be scared of calling Uni to account. He broke the law, bottom line.
Longest serving Warzone Australia Delegate
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs
TSP Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
TSP Deputy Minister of Security
SPA Captain
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs & Chair of the Assembly for TSP
Former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Head of Ambassadors for TSP

Common-Sense Politics
Envoy

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Common-Sense Politics » Sun May 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Is another warzone operation and yet another failed liberation attempt really worth all this hubbub? Though, it may be true that people may not have made such a big deal out of this if you didn't act so butthurt about it in the first place, Uni. The SPA wanted help, we offered it to them. Your reaction to that speaks volumes as to why they didn't want UDL to be their right hand in this instance. When you demand that people conform to your worldview and fit into one of your rigid definitions they generally prefer to seek out a relationship more condusive to their regional interest. Europeia demands nothing from SPA while you rail against them for raiding a warzone, of all places, with the evil scum from Euro and TNI and state that the SPA is now a raider organization because of it. Give me a break.

I really do sympathize with you from time to time because it's true that there are some players that are simply out to get you and that's not something I'd readily condone but then I think to myself, "Self, why do they do that?". Then I remember that much of it stems from your recurrent behavior and attitude.
President of Europeia

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Sun May 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Antariel wrote:I desperately hope this is the correct forum for this kind of post, I am assured it is.

Nope. That'd be the TSP regional forum. Internal matter is internal.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Cromarty
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Sun May 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Common-Sense Politics wrote:Is another warzone operation and yet another failed liberation attempt really worth all this hubbub?

It's not, but Ant isn't exactly known for thinking things through.

Let's not forget this is the person who supported Lux when he tried to coup Balder by hacking the root admin account on their forums, and advocated very strongly for action against The Pacific's government for not being democratic, despite it being generally supported by the members of The Pacific.

Glass houses etc etc.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
Кромартий

Antariel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Antariel » Mon May 14, 2012 3:08 am

*smear smear*

Thanks Cromarty. That was expected.

As I've said so many times, I was unaware Lux was hacking, and rescinded all support when this was made known to me. And if you'll notice, I got *punished* for acting against TP, which wasn't even my region. TSP *is* Uni's region. But kudos on ignoring the debate to make character attacks.

And Common-sense; so if Uni commits treason in a Warzone its fine? Where do we draw the line on where you can act against a region you are part of?
SPA Captain

Common-Sense Politics
Envoy

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Common-Sense Politics » Mon May 14, 2012 3:23 am

Antariel wrote:And Common-sense; so if Uni commits treason in a Warzone its fine? Where do we draw the line on where you can act against a region you are part of?

How do you know he did it knowingly?
President of Europeia

Antariel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Antariel » Mon May 14, 2012 3:34 am

Chat logs, his own comments, etc.
SPA Captain

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon May 14, 2012 4:54 am

Antariel wrote:Chat logs, his own comments, etc.

Considering the thread is here. Please post said chat logs.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Antariel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Antariel » Mon May 14, 2012 5:09 am

http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/7815015/1/ (I'm allowed to link an off-site, aren't I? If not sorry)

The first post from our forum sees Uni acknowledging the operation was TSP led. Apparently having raiders helping out, but no defenders, makes TSP raider. And that Uni can thus attack his own region, rather than, you know, discuss it with any army officer first. Not when he can attack our control of the Warzone; that's much more fun, presumably. And much more treasonous.

I don't keep logs, but there are surely some floating around from the big IRC convo last night, where Uni repeatedly demonstrated awareness this was a TSP op.

Also note Uni saying he wouldn't have minded helping TSP out if he'd been asked. Which goes against his comments elsewhere about defending the 'native community', as AMOM calls him out for on the thread.
SPA Captain

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon May 14, 2012 6:07 am

While i do enjoy seeing Uni make a tit of himself, you are really pushing this Ant. You want public outcry against him (hence why you came here). I wonder how far your planning to go with this....or what you'd do.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Antariel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Antariel » Mon May 14, 2012 6:16 am

...that sounds sinister. What does that even mean?

It was suggested to be that I post this here, in fact. By AMOM, before anyone accuses me of some sort of TNI conspiracy.

This isn't about me disagreeing with Uni, this is clear-cut treason. If any of our citizens had done it, my response would be the same.
SPA Captain

Campinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Campinia » Mon May 14, 2012 6:18 am

Reading the thread on the TSP forums, AMOM seems to suggests others to post stuff a lot. :eyebrow:
Heeding the Call, One and For All: UDL

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Mon May 14, 2012 7:20 am

Campinia wrote:Reading the thread on the TSP forums, AMOM seems to suggests others to post stuff a lot. :eyebrow:

Cause AMOM is a totally impartial third-party in all this. :roll:
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon May 14, 2012 7:26 am

Nah, he just likes a good show :) Think of him as the hidden director.

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Postby Sovreignry » Mon May 14, 2012 7:32 am

It just seems whenever he gets involved with anything involving Uni it winds up being a bitch fest.
From the desk of
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon May 14, 2012 7:36 am

And the best bit is, they're both to blame :palm:

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Postby Sovreignry » Mon May 14, 2012 7:37 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:And the best bit is, they're both to blame :palm:

Not if you ask them. :roll:
From the desk of

Campinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Campinia » Mon May 14, 2012 7:45 am

Sovreignry wrote:
Campinia wrote:Reading the thread on the TSP forums, AMOM seems to suggests others to post stuff a lot. :eyebrow:

Cause AMOM is a totally impartial third-party in all this. :roll:

That's what I was going for, yes...

Cromarty
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Mon May 14, 2012 7:49 am

Antariel wrote:This isn't about me disagreeing with Uni, this is clear-cut treason.

You keep saying that... yet no court of law has said so.

Until TSP's court finds Unibot guilty of treason, and a reading of TSP's forum indicates plenty of dispute for such a 'clear-cut' case :roll: , then all you're doing is slander :/
Кромартий

Antariel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Antariel » Mon May 14, 2012 8:11 am

I've yet to see anything on forum denying this falls entirely within our existing definition of treason. Links, rather than just blandly asserting stuff as you are accusing me of doing.

Uni himself has said he'll accept treason charges.
SPA Captain

Campinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Campinia » Mon May 14, 2012 8:18 am

Antariel wrote:I've yet to see anything on forum denying this falls entirely within our existing definition of treason. Links, rather than just blandly asserting stuff as you are accusing me of doing.

Uni himself has said he'll accept treason charges.

He accepts the charges, I see no mention of him saying he is actually guilty, or pleading guilty.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay