NATION

PASSWORD

Neutral Ground - an Open Discussion Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon May 25, 2015 3:01 pm

Maybe we could talk about something that isn't Gradea.

For example, what happened to that multi GCR alliance proposal that was in the works? Did it fall apart already? :?:

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Mon May 25, 2015 3:13 pm

Consular wrote:Maybe we could talk about something that isn't Gradea.

For example, what happened to that multi GCR alliance proposal that was in the works? Did it fall apart already? :?:

Not sure about that one. To be honest I do not remember hearing about it.
Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon May 25, 2015 3:23 pm

I think it was still in the sort of a secret stage. :blush: I have the proposed text lying around somewhere.

Arctriul
Envoy

Founded: Mar 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Mon May 25, 2015 3:23 pm

Consular wrote:I think it was still in the sort of a secret stage. :blush: I have the proposed text lying around somewhere.

Didn't New Charzila propose something like that?

Prophet Alphonse Silverstorm
"I’m a shadow that no light will shine on. As long as you follow me, you will never see the day."

"He who controls the battlefield, Controls History."

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon May 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Arctriul wrote:
Consular wrote:I think it was still in the sort of a secret stage. :blush: I have the proposed text lying around somewhere.

Didn't New Charzila propose something like that?

Lol.

I think this one was Cormac's idea.

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Mon May 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Trick Shot wrote:
Arctriul wrote:Well if I'm a good boy and don't have people attempting to set me up for "hacking" (yes Chloe - I have screenshots of that conversation between you and reddog you sly creature. I like the obsession you've gained with myself) I should be all good.

CoF ended down to a DEAT - correct. AoI didn't. I think one instance does not constitute claiming all my falls are down to misbehaving. AoI ended cause I had a life to attend to and Bucket wasn't exactly able to do all the administrative work. Dealt with the stresses and now I'm back at a much lower capacity.

However thanks for the compliment around growth. :)

And I understand you don't have too much experience in this area - but there is a major difference between leading a region of 10 nations (who knows how many are puppets?) compared to a region of a few hundred. Just saying..

Having a blanket DEAT certainly means good boy :P

If you send 20,000 recruitment telegrams a month I would be disappointed if you didn't have a nice regional population. It wasn't a compliment.

I would also like to pose a question you posed to Gradea, how many of those nations are puppets?

I would solemnly swear that I have no puppets in there other than Riftanity and Verlust. Alongside that we have a ridiculously high WA percentage so it practically goes without saying we retain a lot of people.

No puppet wanking happened with this region. I did that at the beginning of AoI but with Sanctum we started recruitment with the nations we had and did fine.

To comment on us having a lot of puppets is rather idiotic when we have a nearly a 50% WA participation. That doesn't even factor in some members who have mobile WAs.

Kiss kiss Festybæ

"I’m a shadow that no light will shine on. As long as you follow me, you will never see the day."

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Mon May 25, 2015 3:28 pm

Consular wrote:
Arctriul wrote:Didn't New Charzila propose something like that?

Lol.

Duh - they must be the same person

Just as milo was actually nephmir xD

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon May 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Arctriul wrote:
Consular wrote:Lol.

Duh - they must be the same person

Well obviously. I mean, NS is actually just three people all playing each other, right?

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Mon May 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Consular wrote:
Arctriul wrote:Duh - they must be the same person

Well obviously. I mean, NS is actually just three people all playing each other, right?

And those three would be?

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Mon May 25, 2015 3:31 pm

Arctriul wrote:
Trick Shot wrote:Having a blanket DEAT certainly means good boy :P

If you send 20,000 recruitment telegrams a month I would be disappointed if you didn't have a nice regional population. It wasn't a compliment.

I would also like to pose a question you posed to Gradea, how many of those nations are puppets?

I would solemnly swear that I have no puppets in there other than Riftanity and Verlust. Alongside that we have a ridiculously high WA percentage so it practically goes without saying we retain a lot of people.

No puppet wanking happened with this region. I did that at the beginning of AoI but with Sanctum we started recruitment with the nations we had and did fine.

To comment on us having a lot of puppets is rather idiotic when we have a nearly a 50% WA participation. That doesn't even factor in some members who have mobile WAs.

Kiss kiss Festybæ

I merely threw at you a question you threw at Gradea so yeah

Please do not call me Festybae
Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon May 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Consular wrote:Maybe we could talk about something that isn't Gradea.

Best time to talk about him is when he can't reply :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Mon May 25, 2015 5:54 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote: Also, someone call Codger. He needs to reclaim this thread from the likes of Rifty & Co.

He's busy raiding polls :P

In Hong Kong going to Japan tonight. *scuttles off*
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

Zenya
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zenya » Mon May 25, 2015 6:00 pm

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx23 ... jpxrcj.jpg

I doubt that jump from 20 to 120 in a single day was legit.
Last edited by Zenya on Mon May 25, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Comrade Zenny ~

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Mon May 25, 2015 6:20 pm

Trick Shot wrote:
Arctriul wrote:I would solemnly swear that I have no puppets in there other than Riftanity and Verlust. Alongside that we have a ridiculously high WA percentage so it practically goes without saying we retain a lot of people.

Kiss kiss Festybæ

I merely threw at you a question you threw at Gradea so yeah

Please do not call me Festybae

And I merely answered it. :)

No - you don't get special treatment. Only the bestest of NS get special names. x

Zenya wrote:http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx236/SmexiZenny/puppetdump_zps1hjpxrcj.jpg

I doubt that jump from 20 to 120 in a single day was legit.

I know! It sounds like a fairytale doesn't it Zenny? Sadly on NS a lot of things are documented..

http://imgur.com/0qLQjh7

That there is from our first mass WA recruitment. I can get you a better screenshot when I get home (at a mates). Alongside that if you delve into the region and look at the nations page; choose to search by length of residency and go from page 3 - 13. You'll notice that atleast 80% of these nations are part of the WA.

I think we can now confirm it was legit. Oh I can also get you a copy of the date that telegram went out and in return you can get me a date of that screenshot. Then we can go back and see that they do match. :)

Zenya
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zenya » Mon May 25, 2015 6:24 pm

Nice then ^_^ I was wrong!
~ Comrade Zenny ~

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Mon May 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Zenya wrote:Nice then ^_^ I was wrong!

It's good we aren't in general otherwise we'd just keep fighting. XD

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Mon May 25, 2015 6:47 pm

How many nations in Sanctum are puppets? Likely far fewer than in many large UCRs considering the mass WA member nature recruitment means most of the adds are WAs and far more likely to be unique news than puppets.

Rifty's is among the best in the biz at the actual recruitment TG, give props where deserved.
Last edited by NoblePhnx on Mon May 25, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon May 25, 2015 7:02 pm

NoblePhnx wrote:How many nations in Sanctum are puppets? Likely far fewer than in many large UCRs considering the mass WA member nature recruitment means most of the adds are WAs and far more likely to be unique news than puppets.

Rifty's is among the best in the biz at the actual recruitment TG, give props where deserved.

That's because he's the first into a previously declared off-limit zone. He's basically the first one to start logging up some rainforest. People may not like it, but the logging company sure is reeling in profits.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Mon May 25, 2015 9:49 pm

Sadly contradictory to your statements Val about me being the first to this means of recruitment - I'm not. I began back in May last year; late May. Well before then we can view Vandoosa doing a World recruitment for Glorious Nations of Iwaku. I was not the first and am not claiming to be the first. I have been the most consistent - that's it.

Something which I haven't been able to grasp is this ill thought out beliefe that what I am doing is evil.

Just for the continuation of what I'm saying; I want you to look at things in these means:

Net Assests = Nations
    People / Person = Regions
    Tax = Recruitment

I tax the people who have a larger net Assest more then those with a lesser value. This is something we'll gladly accept in the real world as something majority of people want; to not pick on the little guy. To have those with lots of money to pay more to lessen the burden on the poorer folk. However on here it is seen as so negative because the little guy isn't the one on the forums upset.

Raiding picks on the little guy - and we have raiders more then happy to not be accepted. They know the damage they cause yet continue to do these things. Raiders also recieve angry telegrams about their actions - something I get.

I may be logging down the Amazon however we have raiders slaughtering thousands of people and tossing their money out the window.

End of words meaning different things

I would love to claim I was the first to practice this means of recruitment - but I'm not. I am the only one to use it, accept the unneeded bitching and grow from it. I am not a pioneer in recruitment but I have done something good. Something people are unable to give due credit (In Bucket's words) or even believe (as Zenny had done).

Above all else - you message 100 random nations asking if they would rather R/D gone or recruitment; and I will guarantee you that 95% would say R/D.

Fin

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon May 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Arctriul wrote:Above all else - you message 100 random nations asking if they would rather R/D gone or recruitment; and I will guarantee you that 95% would say R/D.

You might as well be asking them if they'd rather have R/D gone over the forums, or custom flags, or nation mottos. Stacked comparison is stacked.

Arctriul wrote:Raiding picks on the little guy - and we have raiders more then happy to not be accepted. They know the damage they cause yet continue to do these things.

:palm: Just no, Rifty. You know better than to say this.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Mon May 25, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Mon May 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
Arctriul wrote:Above all else - you message 100 random nations asking if they would rather R/D gone or recruitment; and I will guarantee you that 95% would say R/D.

You might as well be asking them if they'd rather have R/D gone over the forums, or custom flags, or nation mottos. Stacked comparison is stacked.

Arctriul wrote:Raiding picks on the little guy - and we have raiders more then happy to not be accepted. They know the damage they cause yet continue to do these things.

:palm: Just no, Rifty. You know better than to say this.

The comparison is relevant. We shall whine and moan of equitable recruitment but not of raiding which is disliked by majority of NS.

And you know I don't stand by that "raiding picks on the little guy." Just as I would not accept to recruitment is the same as logging. I just made the comparison since we were using idiotic explanations.

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Tue May 26, 2015 12:57 am

Sedgistan wrote:
Marselesk wrote:Pffff, i haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about

That's good, because setting someone up in such a way is likely to quickly result in the players responsible being banned from the site.

Yup, i have been introduced with the rules.
Last edited by Marselesk on Tue May 26, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Tue May 26, 2015 1:01 am

Marselesk wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:That's good, because setting someone up in such a way is likely to quickly result in the players responsible being banned from the site.

Yup, i have been introduced with the rule.

Was a dog's act if I do say so myself -.-

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Tue May 26, 2015 1:02 am

Arctriul wrote:
Marselesk wrote:Yup, i have been introduced with the rule.

Was a dog's act if I do say so myself -.-

You should know much of that.
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Tue May 26, 2015 1:05 am

Marselesk wrote:
Arctriul wrote:Was a dog's act if I do say so myself -.-

You should know much of that.

I must hey

I need to resort to such petty and idiotic means of getting a one up; don't i? Gotcha

If you've got yourself some infatuation for myself that you'd go to such lengths - awesome.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay