NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Hawks News

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:05 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Crushing Our Enemies wrote:THat's the thing though. We don't wage war against other regions. The regions we invade are bystanders to the larger conflict: raiders vs. defenders. We aren't at war with regions who've never provoked us in any way. We're at war...with you.

How about peace then? We stop liberating regions and you stop raiding them?

No.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
How about peace then? We stop liberating regions and you stop raiding them?

No.

Fair enough. But you are still responsible for your actions, which are the invasions of innocent regions. Now you could choose to fight your 'war with us' in the warzones, but you persist not to. Instead you opt to use the excuse of war to ruin innocent peoples pleasure in the game.
The Blaatschapen should resign

SunRawr
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Are you one of the new people mentioned in the UDL update? You have apparently not been around long enough to know that we raid because it is fun. Our goal is not to impress or appease you, it is to have fun and play this game the way we want to play it.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 pm

SunRawr wrote:Are you one of the new people mentioned in the UDL update? You have apparently not been around long enough to know that we raid because it is fun. Our goal is not to impress or appease you, it is to have fun and play this game the way we want to play it.

Yes, I was mentioned. And I've been around long enough.

<---- antiquity.

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
SunRawr wrote:Are you one of the new people mentioned in the UDL update? You have apparently not been around long enough to know that we raid because it is fun. Our goal is not to impress or appease you, it is to have fun and play this game the way we want to play it.

<---- antiquity.

I am not talking about NS age, I meant new to the r/d game.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:11 pm

SunRawr wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

<---- antiquity.

I am not talking about NS age, I meant new to the r/d game.

Then I suggest to read the UDL update again. While it does not state explicitly my age in the r/d game, it does state two former affiliations. You do the math.

Fratt Armed Forces
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratt Armed Forces » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Blaat defended with ADN and ALL.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Last edited by Fratt Armed Forces on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RRA High Commander

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Warzone Codger wrote:"Facts" are what the founder and the original natives of Pact of Steel says.

PoS the region was defined as a Fascist but not Nazi region, according to the founder and the original natives. There were a couple of interesting conversations archived on the RMB. I actually went and browsed through all the posts and made a summary a few weeks ago;

http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=917543

(It did it mainly because the founder of PoS Wamitoria was once a member of Airspace before starting PoS, so I feel an obligation to follow it up).

IMHO, PoS is not intended to be a Nazi region, through Nazis are tolerated to an extent there.

If one truly wishes settle the debate I believe some of the original natives are still playing the game, through since left to other regions. Nazi Flower Power was the intellectual head of PoS back then is now still quite an active Generalite. Alternatively there is Mussoliniopoli who last login 4 days ago. Heck Greater Tezdrian was a PoS native. (There are also a few other but they seem like "rar rar...bombs are kewl! types)

Indeed, or you could even ask New Conglomerate, Wamitoria's new nation (I believe Wamitoria was deleted by the mods).
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Read again. I merely asked a question. Someone who has been around as long as you should know how things work by now.
Last edited by SunRawr on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tramiar
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:15 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Crushing Our Enemies wrote:No.

Fair enough. But you are still responsible for your actions, which are the invasions of innocent regions. Now you could choose to fight your 'war with us' in the warzones, but you persist not to. Instead you opt to use the excuse of war to ruin innocent peoples pleasure in the game.

Why is it always the same "suggestions" and complaints? Warzones are not fun to raid. If they were, maybe we would raid them occasionally. But even then, I'm sure only having a few places would get boring quickly.

"Ruin" their pleasure, huh? If they're overly traumatized by people taking their delegacy and hanging around for a few days, they really need to learn that this is a game. If we're forcibly removing them from their region or something... then maybe I'll accept that we're ruining their pleasure. but if we're just raiding, there is no real harm to anyone.
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I too would ban myself if I saw me moving into my region.

Tramiar: *causes great injustices to natives and fenda-kind*
Spartzy: *prevents great injustices*
Tramiar: too late, they were already caused.
Spartzy: *stops great injustices*
Tramiar: *causes greater injustices, cannot be fixed until next update*
Spartzy: *quits the game*

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:16 pm

SunRawr wrote:Read again. I merely asked a question. Someone who has been around as long as you should know how things work by now.

And I answered your question.

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:18 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
SunRawr wrote:Read again. I merely asked a question. Someone who has been around as long as you should know how things work by now.

Yes, thank you :p

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:25 pm

SunRawr wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Yes, thank you :p

You're welcome 8)

Tramiar wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Why is it always the same "suggestions" and complaints? Warzones are not fun to raid. If they were, maybe we would raid them occasionally. But even then, I'm sure only having a few places would get boring quickly.

"Ruin" their pleasure, huh? If they're overly traumatized by people taking their delegacy and hanging around for a few days, they really need to learn that this is a game. If we're forcibly removing them from their region or something... then maybe I'll accept that we're ruining their pleasure. but if we're just raiding, there is no real harm to anyone.

Why is it always the same defenses and excuses? (see what I'm doing here? :p )

And, yes, ruin their pleasure in the game. Just as you have fun in the game, some other people try to as well and then suddenly see their region defaced against their consent. So yes, it ruins their pleasure in the whole game. And I will agree with you that you are not on the same level as the ones who lock down regions and kick out natives. Those ruin it even more and most of all, their damage is permanent(if done right), while yours is temporary (if defenders do it right ;)) :)

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Cromarty wrote:(I believe Wamitoria was deleted by the mods).

Inactivity. Please be more careful when making assumptions about rule breakers; it could be construed as flaming and/or trolling.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Cromarty wrote:(I believe Wamitoria was deleted by the mods).

Inactivity. Please be more careful when making assumptions about rule breakers; it could be construed as flaming and/or trolling.

My apologies.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
Кромартий

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:30 am

Kshrlmnt wrote:
Argo Rhos wrote:Ahaha. I'm always impressed with the speed TBH has. I may not be a raider, but, I just wish some of your tactics could rub off on my defender troops. they seem to be well useless ); I try to teach them update times, but, they seem to not be able to understand the concept. I won't give up hope I'll make a man out of them or end up in the rejected realms due to our founder being not of a stable mind. );

:blink: You call your troops useless in public?

This makes a lot more sense now..

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:07 pm

TBH went on another one of our popular tagging runs at today's minor update. Despite extreme variance, we were able to take 4 regions. We only missed one target.

Victims:
American Continent
Heavy Metal Heaven
The Bay of Sorrows
Daanteriv

Troops involved:
Tramiar
Crushing Our Enemies
Jakker
HawkRawr

Our thanks go to The Phantom Knights!

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Congratulations :)
Two-Time President of Europeia
Self-Lighting Firework

Europeia, the Land of Peace, Freedom and Equality .

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:24 pm

I was watching you guys take those regions. Had all your switchers spotted but you guys were too fast (except for the last one which you guys missed, but the update was wacky). Nice job!

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

Dinooind
Civilian

Founded: Aug 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dinooind » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks Solm :)

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Yes, thank you Solm! You too, Rachel :)

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:03 am

The Black Hawks participated in two raids tonight. In the first, we played a supporting role to TNI in their raid on Belgium. That raid overthrew a delegate who had been in power for 916 days. The second raid was all us. We took RsBandB, overthrowing a delegate that had been in power for 888 days.

Long Live Raider Unity!

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:06 am

SunRawr wrote:The Black Hawks participated in two raids tonight. In the first, we played a supporting role to TNI in their raid on Belgium. That raid overthrew a delegate who had been in power for 916 days. The second raid was all us. We took RsBandB, overthrowing a delegate that had been in power for 888 days.

Long Live Raider Unity!

So far it has been an excellent 2012 for The Black Hawks.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:07 am

This brings us up to 19 raids in the new year.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Cromarty
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:10 am

SunRawr wrote:The second raid was all us. We took RsBandB, overthrowing a delegate that had been in power for 888 days.

Why the 8 names on the RMB, you only had 6 troops? [/just wondering]
Кромартий

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay