NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Hawks News

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:22 am

Ballotonia wrote:
Topid wrote:Hrmph, not bad, actually. Ending a 2008 day delegacy is pretty impressive. Though Topid recalls an observation about a blind squirrel.

Y'all should have waited till it was 2011 or 2012. :P

Ending a 2008 day delegacy is just as easy or difficult as it is to end a one day delegacy. What matters is the endorsement count and the activity level of the delegate in question. Per usual for invader target selection, the victim delegate wasn't logged in so there was no opposition from natives whatsoever. So there wasn't much of a fight. That would've been difficult, after all.

It's actually far more impressive for someone to maintain delegacy for that long than it is to end that streak. Far, far more impressive.

And, really... think about it. Someone spends 5.5 Real Life years maintaining a delegacy, and then some other people apparently think it's a good idea in and of itself to jump in and ruin that. And for what reason? Schoolyard bragging rights? As far as I'm concerned, you might as well be bragging about your 'elite' puppy kicking skills.

Ballotonia
Oh yeah, totally agree that it sucks that his run was ended. But there is some reason he maintained that delegacy for so long and they over came it. I'd assume that reason was TITO rather than his activity though.

I seem to recall I defended that region once back in the day, too.
AKA Weed

The New Vegas Strip
Civil Servant

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Vegas Strip » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:30 am

hehe a delegate of over 5 years taken down. Glorious imo.

In other news, The region of Greater CEsylvania was successfully refounded by me. An event that took me nearly 170 days to accomplish.

94 block
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby 94 block » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:53 am

Ballo, why you so mad all the time, didn't your mom give you a cuddle? Anyways, i like the vibe im getting in ohio.
Brigadier General and Director of Foreign Affairs for DEN
Elder of Grand Centraland Root Administrator of http://s15.zetaboards.com/Grand_Central/index/

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:02 am

Ballotonia wrote:As far as I'm concerned, you might as well be bragging about your 'elite' puppy kicking skills.

I am a puppy kicking master!
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:37 am

Ballotonia wrote:Ending a 2008 day delegacy is just as easy or difficult as it is to end a one day delegacy. What matters is the endorsement count and the activity level of the delegate in question. Per usual for invader target selection, the victim delegate wasn't logged in so there was no opposition from natives whatsoever. So there wasn't much of a fight. That would've been difficult, after all.

It's actually far more impressive for someone to maintain delegacy for that long than it is to end that streak. Far, far more impressive.

And, really... think about it. Someone spends 5.5 Real Life years maintaining a delegacy, and then some other people apparently think it's a good idea in and of itself to jump in and ruin that. And for what reason? Schoolyard bragging rights? As far as I'm concerned, you might as well be bragging about your 'elite' puppy kicking skills.

Ballotonia

Yeah yeah yeah, we get it. We are dirty, horrible slugs. You are shining beacons of hope who will save the "natives" in this game from the evil that is raiding.

We don't play to impress you, we play to have fun. I don't know about the rest of them, but seeing you complain has started to become fun for me.

Tramiar
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:39 am

Ballotonia wrote:And for what reason?

Alright, I'm gonna tell you again. Pay close attention this time, ok? For fun. Difficult concept for some defenders, I know, but this is a game, and we play it for fun.

Ballotonia wrote:It's actually far more impressive for someone to maintain delegacy for that long than it is to end that streak. Far, far more impressive.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but "fun" does not involve impressing you. Or anyone else, for that matter. ;)

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:I am a puppy kicking master!

Its true, he is. I'm still learning. :)
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I too would ban myself if I saw me moving into my region.

Tramiar: *causes great injustices to natives and fenda-kind*
Spartzy: *prevents great injustices*
Tramiar: too late, they were already caused.
Spartzy: *stops great injustices*
Tramiar: *causes greater injustices, cannot be fixed until next update*
Spartzy: *quits the game*

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Well everyone, don't let the lack of fenda talking here make you think that they are ignoring this raid. I'm sure that is how they wanted us to feel, but that is another subject..

Our talented mission point, Jakker, was able to hold off a fairly large lib attempt made by the UDL just a few minutes ago. Congratulations Jakker!

UDL, try harder next time ;)
Last edited by SunRawr on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tramiar
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:45 pm

I count 17 new bans on the regional ban list. I think its more than safe to say they care. Aww, we love you guys too! :P
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I too would ban myself if I saw me moving into my region.

Tramiar: *causes great injustices to natives and fenda-kind*
Spartzy: *prevents great injustices*
Tramiar: too late, they were already caused.
Spartzy: *stops great injustices*
Tramiar: *causes greater injustices, cannot be fixed until next update*
Spartzy: *quits the game*

NeoSamco
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby NeoSamco » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:05 pm

18 dead fendas, apparently.

That's like, the same number of raiders in the region now. And the native delegate has 7 endorsements. Way to fail, fendas.

Well done JAKKER
Last edited by NeoSamco on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Thanks FD:)

That's including Wordy from last night and one fenda that apparently had a security check and wasn't in the WA when he moved.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

NeoSamco
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby NeoSamco » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:10 am

TBH has now left Ohio after 5 days. Defenders made a single liberation attempt on the first day, but didn't show up on the 6/7/8 updates after that. I guess we were treating the natives too well there.

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:43 am

Guess we were. Maybe we will have to change that.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:42 pm

SunRawr wrote:Guess we were. Maybe we will have to change that.

I smell fun griefs ahead :lol:
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
SunRawr wrote:Guess we were. Maybe we will have to change that.

I smell fun griefs ahead :lol:

You have a good nose.

viewtopic.php?p=7634257#p7634257

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:14 am

It is my pleasure to announce that DEN and The Black Hawks have worked together to take down a region with an active delegate.
Egypt has fallen into raider hands, and not a single defender moved in to stop us. Update troops moved in a mere ten seconds before update, ending the native delegate's reign after 158 days.

DEN troops involved:
Free Noldor States
Of Crazed
DENRawr

TBH troops involved:
Tramiar
Face Dancers

Long live DEN.
Long live TBH.
Long live Raider Unity.
Last edited by SunRawr on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:07 pm

I really like seeing DEN on the game map. Navy and gold gives me warm fuzzies.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:25 pm

So TBH played back up? Pity, i preferred when they were the lead...i could get away with moving a puppet in :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

94 block
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby 94 block » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:10 pm

im in on this too :P
Brigadier General and Director of Foreign Affairs for DEN
Elder of Grand Centraland Root Administrator of http://s15.zetaboards.com/Grand_Central/index/

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:So TBH played back up? Pity, i preferred when they were the lead...i could get away with moving a puppet in :P

Awww, if it were up to me...but anyway, this is DEN's op, so we play by DEN's rules. Sorry, you rotten piece of fenda scum. ;)

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:38 pm

I've been wondering whether you were bullshitting in that telegram the other day. Answer given, I suppose.

;)
AKA Weed

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:02 am

Topid wrote:I've been wondering whether you were bullshitting in that telegram the other day. Answer given, I suppose.

;)

lol. No. I promised not to hide out and try to take over, I didn't promise not to use it as storage.

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:07 am

SunRawr wrote:
Topid wrote:I've been wondering whether you were bullshitting in that telegram the other day. Answer given, I suppose.

;)

lol. No. I promised not to hide out and try to take over, I didn't promise not to use it as storage.

Storage for a WA nation? :eyebrow:
AKA Weed

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:09 am

Topid wrote:
SunRawr wrote:lol. No. I promised not to hide out and try to take over, I didn't promise not to use it as storage.

Storage for a WA nation? :eyebrow:

Only once I needed it to be WA. It wasn't when I moved it in :p

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:17 am

Alright, all is cool I suppose.

:kiss:
*Topid uncusses*

EDIT: Oh and congrats Black Hawks, another small region, hahaha good too see DEN can still do something every now and then, fenda spin fenda spin.

XD
Last edited by Topid on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Weed

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:21 am

:hug:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay