NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal Script Usage "Predator": Punishments

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:50 am

The region The Black Riders is ostensibly controlled by me, with Syl and NSA there as well. It was obtained in a join effort TBR leaders ordered people not to take part in, and IIRC DEN never officially endorsed. It is arguably owned by TBH. No one there has been warned in the predator events. It already expresses a message that it is clearly dead. I'd hope that's enough.

And yeah, Neph and I agreed he should have TEK, and as you can see we're both back there already.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

New Larthinia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Larthinia » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:52 am

What is this script about, anyways?
Last edited by New Larthinia on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Larthinia - spacial superpower, futuristic dictatorship, leaders of The Larthinian Phalanx. As our influence reaches for you across the Omniverse, you will have to make a choice everyone makes: join us or face us

We use factbooks, not NS stats
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Phydios » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:55 am

New Larthinia wrote:Well, the raiders are getting another kick in the ass. Happy to see this.

Gloating will get you smacked. Look at the end of the OP. I'd quote it if I wasn't on mobile.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Jeffersonborg
Attaché

Founded: Dec 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeffersonborg » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:05 am

Eternal Knighthood wrote:
Lockdownn wrote:If you're going to clear regions taken by DEN, atleast give them back to their original owners should they still be around.

They have already done so with The Eternal Knights, and I'm sure more are to follow.

Hippiedom, Eastern Europe, St Abbaddon in process, TEK. The mods are getting round to it, those most easily identifiable I suppose.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:07 am

Cormactopia II wrote:Along these lines, I should note that The DEN is owned by Evil Wolf -- who is not a Predator user, nor is anyone from Lone Wolves United, the region of which he is Founder -- and has never been affiliated with this incarnation of DEN. Will it also be deleted? I'm not saying it shouldn't be, I'm just inquiring, because Evil Wolf is rarely around and probably won't reply to this in time.

No, no, I'm here.

Cormac is correct, "The DEN" was refounded by me way back in 2013 has no association The Black Rider reboot of DEN. I have never been a member of TBR's DEN, only a member of the old school DEN back in 2005 and again in 2007. I, and LWU for that matter, have absolutely nothing to do with this new version of DEN. The only thing my region shares with DEN is a similar name.

Just wanted to clarify that before anyone even thinks of asking any questions. :P
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Thalerland
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Thalerland » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:08 am

Sad to see some of my friends go, but what's done is done. Remember, it is our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. This is a great opportunity for newer raiding regions to rise up and become stronger. Mod Edit: Please don't use this thread for recruitment purposes. I hope to see those of you that have a ban still working hard around here. ;)
Last edited by Sedgistan on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sygian Vasentius
Carpe Diem
Regent of Auralia
Prince Sovereign of House Vasentius
The Stronghold of Sygian

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:10 am

Update: we've reviewed all 700+ embassies of DEN to deal with trophies/occupation/tags as we announced we would. If players come across other examples of these (or Cimmeria ones), please let us know via Getting Help Request, and we'll clear them up.

Regarding returning regions to their original owners - there are too many for us to hunt down their original owners; it's going to be up to them to approach us.

New Larthinia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Larthinia » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:10 am

Sedgistan wrote:Update: we've reviewed all 700+ embassies of DEN to deal with trophies/occupation/tags as we announced we would. If players come across other examples of these (or Cimmeria ones), please let us know via Getting Help Request, and we'll clear them up.

Regarding returning regions to their original owners - there are too many for us to hunt down their original owners; it's going to be up to them to approach us.

What's so bad about the Predator script? I don't find any information about it.
Last edited by New Larthinia on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Larthinia - spacial superpower, futuristic dictatorship, leaders of The Larthinian Phalanx. As our influence reaches for you across the Omniverse, you will have to make a choice everyone makes: join us or face us

We use factbooks, not NS stats
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Phydios » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:15 am

New Larthinia wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:Update: we've reviewed all 700+ embassies of DEN to deal with trophies/occupation/tags as we announced we would. If players come across other examples of these (or Cimmeria ones), please let us know via Getting Help Request, and we'll clear them up.

It broke the rules by making requests to NS servers too quickly and not allowing moderators to identify it. It appeared designed to do this.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:16 am

New Larthinia wrote:

For heavens' sake, please press the link that Sedge linked on the very first phrase of his post.

Elu has given an extremely detailed reasoning over there, and if you have queries about API etc, please read the OSRS/FAQ.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:19 am

Sedgistan wrote:Regarding returning regions to their original owners - there are too many for us to hunt down their original owners; it's going to be up to them to approach us.

Well, that process seems ripe for abuse. Why not just let the cards fall where they may? I'm sure Defenders will snap up most of the regions anyway.

In any case, the best term I know to describe what I am seeing is Damnatio memoriae. I have been playing this game for nearly 11 years and I have seen some crazy punishments dished out, but all of them pale in comparison to this. This makes the punishments griefers got under the old Pre-Influence Invasion Laws look like a playful slap on the wrist. This is nuts.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:25 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:Regarding returning regions to their original owners - there are too many for us to hunt down their original owners; it's going to be up to them to approach us.

Well, that process seems ripe for abuse. Why not just let the cards fall where they may? I'm sure Defenders will snap up most of the regions anyway.

In any case, the best term I know to describe what I am seeing is Damnatio memoriae. I have been playing this game for nearly 11 years and I have seen some crazy punishments dished out, but all of them pale in comparison to this. This makes the punishments griefers got under the old Pre-Influence Invasion Laws look like a playful slap on the wrist. This is nuts.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, everybody dies." -NationStates Moderation Handbook
Last edited by Souseiseki on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:26 am

Evil Wolf wrote:

I presume the mods are tired of dealing with this form of abuse, especially since it's not the first time, and seems as though everyone dinged had an implicit part to play in it.

I think the one that compares with this was the bullying case with regards to Tofuline during the time of Thafoo, where I think main nations got deleted.

I wouldn't call this damnatio memoriae, because if that's the case, we'll have all of them DOS en masse, which doesn't seem like the case. In fact I'd just mark this as another turning point in DEN/TBR history.

And somehow, I have immense respect for Ridersyl as a raider now... Don't ask me why.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Wolf
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby Wolf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:36 am

Evil Wolf wrote:Cormac is correct, "The DEN" was refounded by me way back in 2013 has no association The Black Rider reboot of DEN. I have never been a member of TBR's DEN, only a member of the old school DEN back in 2005 and again in 2007. I, and LWU for that matter, have absolutely nothing to do with this new version of DEN. The only thing my region shares with DEN is a similar name.

Just wanted to clarify that before anyone even thinks of asking any questions. :P

And even when specifically pointed out, some MOD still took my region from me. I hope that this is a mistake and I can return to the region I have owned before TBR's DEN was even an idea.

After all this time, The DEN is still not DEN.
Homo Homini Lupus Est

Founder of The Den, which is totally not DEN.

Patvarus
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Patvarus » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:53 am

I feel like this is unfair to some of the more innocent members of DEN. Why are they being punished for the actions of a few? Just ban the people involved in the scripts and let the honest members of DEN continue raising under their name.
Forever Strong, Never Ceasing
The Federal Republic of Patvarus

President of the Conservative League

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.41

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:56 am

Patvarus wrote:I feel like this is unfair to some of the more innocent members of DEN. Why are they being punished for the actions of a few? Just ban the people involved in the scripts and let the honest members of DEN continue raising under their name.

That's pretty close to what they did last time. How did that turn out for them?
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:02 am

I feel bad for the old members of DEN, who founded that region (and several more - they had a habit of losing their home regions to defenders) back in the old days, before scripting was even really a thing, much less illegal scripting. It was a mistake to let TBR into their home region, but this punishment is disproportionate to that mistake. It's very unfortunate that the proud legacy of the DEN of old is being destroyed in the process of this punishment. My thoughts are with Of Crazed et al.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Wolf
Lobbyist

Corporate Police State

Postby Wolf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:07 am

Patvarus wrote:I feel like this is unfair to some of the more innocent members of DEN.

Hey, I'm not even a member of DEN and I'm being punished for their actions.

This is getting a bit witch-hunty.
Homo Homini Lupus Est

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:08 am

Wolf wrote:
Patvarus wrote:I feel like this is unfair to some of the more innocent members of DEN.

Hey, I'm not even a member of DEN and I'm being punished for their actions.

This is getting a bit witch-hunty.

Have you submitted a GHR?

T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Wolf
Lobbyist

Corporate Police State

Postby Wolf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:09 am

Souseiseki wrote:Have you submitted a GHR?

Oh, you bet.
Homo Homini Lupus Est

Lockdownn
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lockdownn » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:17 am

I hope they realize that since your nation is a wolf that it resides in a den. I don't know what other home someone would think a wild wolf would live in but apparently I'm not one to judge. :roll:

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:17 am

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:I feel bad for the old members of DEN, who founded that region (and several more - they had a habit of losing their home regions to defenders) back in the old days, before scripting was even really a thing, much less illegal scripting. It was a mistake to let TBR into their home region, but this punishment is disproportionate to that mistake. It's very unfortunate that the proud legacy of the DEN of old is being destroyed in the process of this punishment. My thoughts are with Of Crazed et al.

Likewise, I sympathise with members of historical DEN whose heritage has been tarnished by the actions of post-2015 DEN members.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Wolf
Lobbyist

Corporate Police State

Postby Wolf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:51 am

Lockdownn wrote:I hope they realize that since your nation is a wolf that it resides in a den. I don't know what other home someone would think a wild wolf would live in but apparently I'm not one to judge. :roll:

Yup, I pointed this exact point out. Still don't know if I have any sympathetic Mods or Admins on my side, but it seems that, at least for now, the scope of this punishment is so wide that it effects entirely innocent players that have never been in TBR's DEN or even associate with them.

I mean, after all, this incident proves that a player need be guilty of nothing more than name-association to be deprived of their regions.
Last edited by Wolf on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homo Homini Lupus Est

We Couldnt Agree On A Name
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby We Couldnt Agree On A Name » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:01 am

Patvarus wrote:I feel like this is unfair to some of the more innocent members of DEN. Why are they being punished for the actions of a few? Just ban the people involved in the scripts and let the honest members of DEN continue raising under their name.

Because they worked with that few and benefited from their actions at the expense of the rest of the players?
World Assembly Representative: Ms. Adriene Beaumont | "We write legislation here, not dictionaries."
I'll use stats when you fix 443.3

Jersey Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jersey Republic » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:15 am

the people who knew the scripts were illegal deserved what they got, it was very unfair what they did with predator and how they abused it
i don't really RP on forums, no need for political stances either

Just here to have fun

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay