NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Read the Resolution Act

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:29 pm

Oh, lookit that... There's already a repeal in the works. :roll: :palm:
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:31 pm

GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION # 122

Read the Resolution Act
A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.

Category: Furtherment of Democracy

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: Knootoss

Description: The World Assembly,

CONVINCED that voting on resolutions in the World Assembly is a privilege that also confers a great responsibility, as all resolutions are binding upon the entire World Assembly;

REGRETTING that some national governments base their votes solely on the title of the resolution at vote;

MANDATES that all governments in member states:

a) Establish a government office, whose task it shall be to read the entire text any resolution that comes up for debate, and to report it's findings back to the national government;

b) Ensure that this office shall be staffed by at least one sapient, literate employee;

AND FURTHER tasks these offices to make recommendations upon the endorsement of draft resolutions;

RECOMMENDS that national governments take the findings of their national offices seriously, and use critical reflection before endorsing a proposal or casting a vote;

Votes For: 4,594
Votes Against: 2,241

Implemented: Sat Dec 4 2010

Unfortunetlly your trick failed since you failed to submit that last line to the WA.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Knootoss » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:34 pm

It is there. I know it! I am sure of it! It was submitted to the gnomes like that, just with really small lettering. And the gnomes surely copied it into the record. And now I am rich. Rich. Rich beyond my wildest dreams! I will never have to work for this pathetic organisation again. So long, suckers!

<Aram stumbles as he moves off the stage and defenestrates himself.>

Ambassador Aram Koopman
World Assembly representative for the Dutch Democratic Republic of Knootoss

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Knootoss wrote:It is there. I know it! I am sure of it! It was submitted to the gnomes like that, just with really small lettering. And the gnomes surely copied it into the record. And now I am rich. Rich. Rich beyond my wildest dreams! I will never have to work for this pathetic organisation again. So long, suckers!

<Aram stumbles as he moves off the stage and defenestrates himself.>

Ambassador Aram Koopman

"After you are dead." declared the ambassador slowly signalling his assistant via movement of eye. As the ambassdor pulls out the traditional weapon, Kukari and aims it right at the head of Koopman and throws it to cut Koopman in half. :p

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:44 pm

The Kukari slides right through Ambassador Aram Koopman's fancy top hat, sticking inside his Pink Bunny Cola-addled brain. He drops onto the floor of the assembly, lifeless.

~ IN MEMORIAM ~

2006-2010

ARAM KOOPMAN

Ambassador Aram Koopman
Last edited by Knootoss on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Is murder anything new on the General Assembly? :meh:

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Ambassdor stands up as he goes to the body of Kooper and feels in the neck and says "He is dead." taking his khukari out and cleaning he continues "If someone askes how this happened, we will say he drank too much bunny cola. So 40% of our budget is now safe.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Great Nepal wrote:Ambassdor stands up as he goes to the body of Kooper and feels in the neck and says "He is dead." taking his khukari out and cleaning he continues "If someone askes how this happened, we will say he drank too much bunny cola. So 40% of our budget is now safe.

And if not everybody puts on their troll-face?

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Avalonian Angels
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Avalonian Angels » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Great Nepal wrote:Ambassdor stands up as he goes to the body of Kooper and feels in the neck and says "He is dead." taking his khukari out and cleaning he continues "If someone askes how this happened, we will say he drank too much bunny cola. So 40% of our budget is now safe.

A slight, hooded figure enters the chamber and approaches and kneels beside the body of Aram Koopman. The figure extends what appears to be a pale human arm from the quite long sleeves of its impossibly white robe to remove Aram's hat. After setting aside the hat, which now appears to be undamaged, the figure rests its hand atop the wound and mumbles in an indecipherable tongue. The figure's arm glows brightly for a time, nearly blinding any onlooker who hasn't taken care to shield their eyes, and when the light fades, Aram's wound is gone and his life restored, as evidenced by his renewed breathing. This task completed, the figure's arm withdraws inside its robes as it stands and exits the chamber as silently as it came.
Last edited by Avalonian Angels on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It may have been founded first, but this nation is a puppet of Intellect and the Arts.

Doomiedoomiedoom
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Doomiedoomiedoom » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:52 pm

You pulled a fast one one me!

Thankfully, anything written in white ink is legally null and void.
Sincerely,
Fredrik the VIII, ambassador of Doomiedoomiedoom.

East Klent
Minister

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Stevens stands gawking as the robed being leaves the chamber, "Uh... ahh... what... who was that!?" he asks no one in particular while pointing at the figure with a shaking hand.
IC: The United Republic of Klent, URK, or the United Klentian Republic. Canon Project
Defcon:1 2 3 4 (On Alert) 5

TNN: 6/30/15
The CKDA goes to Congress for ratification and the administration prepares for talks in Batavia.

NEKSE ▲39.63 |NKTSE ▲25.03|GDIE ▲8.45

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:01 pm

East Klent wrote:Stevens stands gawking as the robed being leaves the chamber, "Uh... ahh... what... who was that!?" he asks no one in particular while pointing at the figure with a shaking hand.

Looked like a Retcon to me.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Intellect and the Arts
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Intellect and the Arts » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:48 pm

Ah... yes the Angels... they... er... well aside from resurrecting Aram (which was done with consent, btw), it seems to have been unusually cordial. Don't bother them, and they won't bother you. It's really the wisest way to interact with them.
Ambassadors: Arik S. Drake, and Alice M. Drake, twins

UNOG Member
Intellect and Art (NatSovOrg Member)
The Illustrious Renae
Ex-Parrot
Ennill
NERVUN wrote:By my powers combined, I am CAPTAIN MODERATION!

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:52 am

"Weapon Neutralisers out of order again?!?
:(
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives