NATION

PASSWORD

[Passed] Anti Cyberterrorism Act

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mediterreania
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterreania » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:50 pm

The Democratic States of Mediterreania has official filed a proposal to repeal this act, and urges other nations to endorse it.
Quick and dirty guide to factions in Mediterranea, and puppets to serve as examples:
-Free Assembly - decentralized group of local associations. Main faction.
-Workers' Republic - anarcho-syndicalist commune
-República Morsica (Betico)
-Republic of Lusca
-Catholic State (The Archbishop of Siraucsa)

American Capitalist
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby American Capitalist » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Mediterreania wrote:The Democratic States of Mediterreania has official filed a proposal to repeal this act, and urges other nations to endorse it.

Err you might have wanted to post it as a draft first because as of right now it misspells computer. It also helps to have more detailed reason of why you oppose this act.
Economic Left/Right: 6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Honoured ambassadors, I am pretty honoured today to have given my 2-year old expertise to help someone write their very first resolution and also have the honour of reaching the historic milestone at the same time. I can really feel the delight of successfully raising a new talent amid a blip in the closing hours of the debate this morning, but I hope that as days go by, I hope to see ambassadors be more courteous and respectful to each other. Well, this is what I always try to aim when I communicate with honoured ambassadors, with a bit of humour.

;)

It was a very tight vote with the resulting majority of less than than 400 but in the end I am hopeful that I will have achieved something if the honoured ambassador from American Capitalist went on to write wonderful resolutions as our familiar faces, past and present have done for years, even before the WA came into existence. It is important to remember that once upon a time we were all newcomers, then as time progressed we went on to write better and better resolutions. The quality of this august assembly has survived the 1 April 2008 relaunch virtually intact and I hope that the great quality of recent WA resolutions will continue, as the familiar faces and new talents work together to improve the world.

This is what I love to see: everyone having an opportunity to have their say in the assembly and the honoured ambassador from American Capitalist had a proposal of merit, and something I could not miss. If we could all lend a helping hand to new talents for ideas of merit, then we would become renowned for the great positive community spirit of the NationStates World Assembly.

Yours, with honour,

This was the 100th General Assembly resolution.

The 100th World Assembly resolution was this one: http://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_pas ... s/start=99

Congratulations, New Rockport!!! :bow:
Cathérine Victoire de Saint-Clair
Haute Ambassadrice for the WA for
✡ The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus
Daughter of The Late King Adrian the First
In the Name of
Sa Majesté Impériale Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair
A simple truth

Quadrimmina
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quadrimmina » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:27 pm

Our nation congratulates the drafters of this legislation for drafting the honorable 100th GA resolution. We will send your delegation an official letter of commendation within due time.
Sincerely,
Alexandra Kerrigan, Ambassador to the World Assembly from the Republic of Quadrimmina.
National Profile | Ambassadorial Profile | Quadrimmina Gazette-Post | Protect, Free, Restore: UDL

Authored:
GA#111 (Medical Research Ethics Act)
SC#28 (Commend Sionis Prioratus)
GA#197 (Banning Extrajudicial Transfer)

Co-authored:
GA#110 (Identity Theft Prevention Act)
GA#171 (Freedom in Medical Research)
GA#196 (Freedom of Information Act)

American Capitalist
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby American Capitalist » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Sionis Prioratus wrote:
Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Honoured ambassadors, I am pretty honoured today to have given my 2-year old expertise to help someone write their very first resolution and also have the honour of reaching the historic milestone at the same time. I can really feel the delight of successfully raising a new talent amid a blip in the closing hours of the debate this morning, but I hope that as days go by, I hope to see ambassadors be more courteous and respectful to each other. Well, this is what I always try to aim when I communicate with honoured ambassadors, with a bit of humour.

;)

It was a very tight vote with the resulting majority of less than than 400 but in the end I am hopeful that I will have achieved something if the honoured ambassador from American Capitalist went on to write wonderful resolutions as our familiar faces, past and present have done for years, even before the WA came into existence. It is important to remember that once upon a time we were all newcomers, then as time progressed we went on to write better and better resolutions. The quality of this august assembly has survived the 1 April 2008 relaunch virtually intact and I hope that the great quality of recent WA resolutions will continue, as the familiar faces and new talents work together to improve the world.

This is what I love to see: everyone having an opportunity to have their say in the assembly and the honoured ambassador from American Capitalist had a proposal of merit, and something I could not miss. If we could all lend a helping hand to new talents for ideas of merit, then we would become renowned for the great positive community spirit of the NationStates World Assembly.

Yours, with honour,

The 100th World Assembly resolution was this one: http://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_pas ... s/start=99

I know its random but why did you bold the general part but not the assembly part in general assembly ?

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:45 pm

American Capitalist wrote:
Sionis Prioratus wrote:

;)

Yours, with honour,

I know its random but why did you bold the general part but not the assembly part in general assembly ?

Once upon a time, there was the one and only World Assembly, which was subsequently splitted into the General Assembly and the other one. But that is some history we really do not wish to elaborate on.

By the way, congratulations on Your Excellency's 100th General Assembly Resolution!

Yours,
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the Name of
A simple truth

Freeoplis
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Freeoplis » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:47 pm

We note the lack of a thread dedicated to this resolution's repeal.
The Republic of Freeoplis
Region of Absolution

American Capitalist
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby American Capitalist » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Sionis Prioratus wrote:
American Capitalist wrote:
Sionis Prioratus wrote:

;)

Yours, with honour,

Once upon a time, there was the one and only World Assembly, which was subsequently splitted into the General Assembly and the other one. But that is some history we really do not wish to elaborate on.

By the way, congratulations on Your Excellency's 100th General Assembly Resolution!

Yours,

I guess I didn't notice that to be honest and thanks but I believe the delegate from Charlotte Ryberg deserves the congrats.

Neutonica
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Neutonica » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:40 pm

:clap: :clap: Neutonica applauds both American Capitalist and Charlotte Ryberg for the successful resolution. :clap: :clap:

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Neutonica wrote::clap: :clap: Neutonica applauds both American Capitalist and Charlotte Ryberg for the successful resolution. :clap: :clap:

Agreed! :twisted:
In the Name of
A simple truth

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Sionis Prioratus wrote:
Neutonica wrote::clap: :clap: Neutonica applauds both American Capitalist and Charlotte Ryberg for the successful resolution. :clap: :clap:

Agreed! :twisted:

That is sooo mean, Adrian de Saint-Clair. If it hadn't been for Ms. Harper this wouldn't have been passed.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:16 am

Mediterreania wrote:The Democratic States of Mediterreania has official filed a proposal to repeal this act, and urges other nations to endorse it.

I'd file your proposal under "Silly".
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL RND 1: COL 4 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 2 DAL | RND 2: NYR 0 - 0 CAR
NCAA MBB: Tulane 24-20 | LSU 28-17 || NCAA WSB: LSU 36-13

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:02 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:That is sooo mean, Adrian de Saint-Clair. If it hadn't been for Ms. Harper this wouldn't have been passed.

It must kill you that the WA has passed its 100th resolution and no one seems to think that it's all about you! It's not your resolution, "Ms. Harper." For once give your never-ending ego-trip a rest.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

American Capitalist
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby American Capitalist » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:34 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Charlotte Ryberg wrote:That is sooo mean, Adrian de Saint-Clair. If it hadn't been for Ms. Harper this wouldn't have been passed.

It must kill you that the WA has passed its 100th resolution and no one seems to think that it's all about you! It's not your resolution, "Ms. Harper." For once give your never-ending ego-trip a rest.

How ever she basically rewrote ever passage in it I feel I should note this was the original draft:
NOTING the current times of terror and fear we live in which a single person can cause much strife and havoc with relatively little funds,

ALSO NOTING that most terrorist act and plan in groups on the internet,

BELIEVING that we need to warn WA nation on threats coming from violent groups,

HEREBY ESTABLISHES the Terrorism Monitoring and Prevention Council with the following goals and guidelines :
1) To monitor the internet for groups planning to over throw the Government of WA nations,
2) To warn WA nations of these incidents so that they can plan accordingly,
3) To watch for groups planning attacks on the WA's Headquarters,
4) To stop hackers from attacking the private data of citizens around the globe;

ENCOURAGES nations to share information about terrorist groups.

So yes she was a very important part of this resolution.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:35 am

In fact, we worked as a team, honoured ambassador. But American Capitalist does deserve the honour too.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives