NATION

PASSWORD

DEFEATED: Commend Yelda

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:05 am

Agreed AMOM, it's just disappointing that 10k would disregard years of work in the WA with one small incident that only hurt Yelda, and the freedom to parodize on NationStates.

Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:08 am

I am working on changing my regional delagte's position to FOR on this...hopefully I will suceed.
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:56 am

Congratulations, everyone! We have received our long-awaited response from Anime Daisuke! I copied my long post on page three into the 10kI forums where they could see it.

Anime Daisuke wrote:I was going to post a long reply, but on second thought, I don't think your trolling me here deserves a response.

Apparently I'm not worth responding to.

I made sure to respond appropriately, as well:

amom wrote:Oh, isn't that cute. So you can trash talk me and anyone else as much as you like, but when I start to defend myself, I'm the big bad guy. Alright, play that card. I've said what I needed to say, and you've given me a response that, frankly, supports my claims.

Then I received this response:

Anime Daisuke wrote:As much as you like to think the world about yourself, this is not about you, A Mean Old Man. My posts did not mention you at all.

*Thread is locked and will be towed to Senate in 30 minutes, and unlocked*

So she's towing the thread to a place where I cannot see it, I believe.

Well, I think we've got all we need to know here.

Thank you for manipulating the votes of hundreds of WA members and the 250+ votes of 10kI's delegate, Anime Daisuke. It's appreciated.
Last edited by A mean old man on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:20 am

You're not really helping your case here AMON. Make this thread about Yelda again, and go and lobby some other delegates.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am

Sedgistan wrote:You're not really helping your case here AMON. Make this thread about Yelda again, and go and lobby some other delegates.

Oh; pardon me, Sedge. I think I have a right to be angry about what I've witnessed over in the 10kI forums, and explain here as to why a delegate with one of the highest endocounts would support this resolution, but how they and their endorsers have been manipulated by a single person to do otherwise. So excuse me if I'm taking on a colleague of yours or a fellow defender spokesperson, but I think this is very, very relevant to what we're discussing.

...and as for lobbying other delegates, I sent out around 700 telegrams in the TG campaign for this while it was in proposal form with an argument that I spent days developing (and which was praised by more than a few who read through it), and have been sending telegrams around to numerous delegates since this came to vote. So don't you lecture me on lobbying delegates.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:53 am

A mean old man wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:You're not really helping your case here AMON. Make this thread about Yelda again, and go and lobby some other delegates.

Oh; pardon me, Sedge. I think I have a right to be angry about what I've witnessed over in the 10kI forums, and explain here as to why a delegate with one of the highest endocounts would support this resolution, but how they and their endorsers have been manipulated by a single person to do otherwise. So excuse me if I'm taking on a colleague of yours or a fellow defender spokesperson, but I think this is very, very relevant to what we're discussing.

...and as for lobbying other delegates, I sent out around 700 telegrams in the TG campaign for this while it was in proposal form with an argument that I spent days developing (and which was praised by more than a few who read through it), and have been sending telegrams around to numerous delegates since this came to vote. So don't you lecture me on lobbying delegates.

No, Sedge is right, AD is a pretty honorable and respectful player, and this is all likely caused by a misunderstanding of events.. your attitude won't help your cause.

New Rockport
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rockport » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:06 am

A mean old man wrote:
Grub wrote: Ananke, we have done nothing to this person, but this guy has been clearly against the 10000 Islands and against what we stand for. Why would you vote to commend him?

That one’s an absolute peach, Grub. “Against what we stand for.” How lame.

Wordy wrote: I am voting against. It's not ok to continue to mock us. This just gives him leave to do as he wishes and continue. We do rise above it by not taking any action to against him. I wont commend him though.
When you have fun at the expense of others it is not ok.

Mark the Shark wrote: Against , I agree with wordy and anime :)

The Mega Chicken of 3LiT3 wrote: If Yelda made fun of us once, I would probably vote for, but if Yelda made fun of us THREE times, I would have to vote AGAINST.

I think my evidence speaks for itself.

OOC: I voted in favor of the original commendation of 10000 Islands and against its repeal. However, if the 10000 Islanders are so humorless as to take offense at Yelda's joke and so vindictive as to torpedo this commendation, then I'll probably reconsider my support for any possible future commendation of 10000 Islands.
The Federal Republic of New Rockport

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:15 am

Unibot wrote:No, Sedge is right, AD is a pretty honorable and respectful player, and this is all likely caused by a misunderstanding of events.. your attitude won't help your cause.

Fine. I've said all I've needed to say about AD anyway. I even tried to do things their way and go to their forums, but of course the thread was towed away.

Going back to the commendation itself and to Yelda, I don't know what else to say. I worked for a long time on all of this, and feel like I've said all I can.

New Rockport wrote:OOC: I voted in favor of the original commendation of 10000 Islands and against its repeal. However, if the 10000 Islanders are so humorless as to take offense at Yelda's joke and so vindictive as to torpedo this commendation, then I'll probably reconsider my support for any possible future commendation of 10000 Islands.

Don't drop down to that level; It's just as bad as what it's protesting. There's no question that they've done a lot with TITO and deserve a commendation, however disappointing their attitude may be. Trust me - I'm not happy with what I've seen either, but I'm not dropping my support for the commendation because of it. Whenever the hell Firstaria's going to submit that commendation, that is.

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:22 am

Unibot wrote:
A mean old man wrote:

No, Sedge is right, AD is a pretty honorable and respectful player, and this is all likely caused by a misunderstanding of events.. your attitude won't help your cause.

Y'know, I was going to stay out of this, at least OOC, but I'm kinda with AMOM on this. Perhaps not to the same level of intensity, but still. A swing of 500 votes would make this favor passing again - remember to subtract from "against" and add to "for". And let's not underestimate the bandwagon effect; if the vote were to swing back dramatically, it might very well carry through. But that's not the primary issue here; I think that Ananke II's position representing 10KI's views is admirable, though I disagree with the result.

AD and some of the other posters on 10KI's site are perpetuating the idea that gameplay must be super-serious at all times, to the detriment of both the GP and RP communities. Defending these kinds of attitudes looks a lot like circling the wagons, especially when it's all the familiar faces making the same arguments - in this case, that because AD is a decent person, that he/she (I don't know AD's gender, I apologize for that) is entitled to not only cast aspersions on Yelda's character but to make those claims unchallenged. I think that what shows someone's character in glaring light is when that person (DA, here) uses personal animus to kill a humorous resolution and people support that because they support a particular cause (defending, here).

I don't necessarily agree with AMOM's tone. OK, I usually find myself disagreeing with his tone. But the points made are valid, especially the greater ones about the SC as an institution. I thought we were really on the right track, with the RP C&Cs balancing things out, and I liked the commendation of Imagey Nation as a way to explore another aspect of gameplay. I'd rather not see most of the SC's business being decided off of the primary forum, as I've said multiple times, and this incident just makes me all the more cautious about participating in the SC in the future.

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:55 am

Krioval wrote:
Unibot wrote:
A mean old man wrote:

Y'know, I was going to stay out of this, at least OOC, but I'm kinda with AMOM on this. Perhaps not to the same level of intensity, but still. A swing of 500 votes would make this favor passing again - remember to subtract from "against" and add to "for". And let's not underestimate the bandwagon effect; if the vote were to swing back dramatically, it might very well carry through. But that's not the primary issue here; I think that Ananke II's position representing 10KI's views is admirable, though I disagree with the result.

AD and some of the other posters on 10KI's site are perpetuating the idea that gameplay must be super-serious at all times, to the detriment of both the GP and RP communities. Defending these kinds of attitudes looks a lot like circling the wagons, especially when it's all the familiar faces making the same arguments - in this case, that because AD is a decent person, that he/she (I don't know AD's gender, I apologize for that) is entitled to not only cast aspersions on Yelda's character but to make those claims unchallenged. I think that what shows someone's character in glaring light is when that person (DA, here) uses personal animus to kill a humorous resolution and people support that because they support a particular cause (defending, here).

I don't necessarily agree with AMOM's tone. OK, I usually find myself disagreeing with his tone. But the points made are valid, especially the greater ones about the SC as an institution. I thought we were really on the right track, with the RP C&Cs balancing things out, and I liked the commendation of Imagey Nation as a way to explore another aspect of gameplay. I'd rather not see most of the SC's business being decided off of the primary forum, as I've said multiple times, and this incident just makes me all the more cautious about participating in the SC in the future.

I wasn't disagreeing with his argument for the most part, I was just telling him to cool it a little, because bolting into the 10k and pointing his finger at one of their most highly regarded players is a terrible way to lobby. I stand by my words, that 10k has ignored the majority of Yelda's contributions, and focused their view on a small incident which really only involved Yelda and the mods... that region was a parody of bad writing, not a parody of 10k itself.

And no matter how much they protest otherwise, this vote is failing because of the 10k vote, it punched the AGAINST side forward, and has stacked it fairly good with the lemmings following through with it. The only chance for the vote is either for 10k to reverse its opinion or get some of the big voters left to tie the vote (most of which refuse to vote early)... and where is TEP's delegate?
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote: Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Iron Felix
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Iron Felix » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 pm

The pantomime horse pauses on its way to the podium.

Felix: Jonesey, these people are deranged! The situation is worse than I had expected. They continuously refer to the People's Democratic Republic as if it were a person. Do you understand any of this babble?

Jones: *howl*.....GRRRRRRRRRRR.....MOTHERFUCKER!..........HARGGGGL....*shriek*.....COCK-GOBBLING ASS BREAKFAST!.....*whine*....

Felix: Yes, you are right. It is very disturbing. It is almost as if the entire chamber has been seized by some collective delusion in which they refer to nations as people. From what I can gather they seem to be fighting amongst themselves over whether to declare war on us or not. Apparently the opposition centers around a Japanese cartoon-making collective.

Jones: *long mournful howl*

Felix: No, I am not trained as a psychologist either.

Jones: *growl followed by a loud bark*......SPERM SODA!.....*howl*....

Several nearby delegations are alarmed by the howls, growls and profanities coming from the "horse".

Felix: Be quiet Jones! You will give us away.

The "horse" makes its way on to the podium and approaches the microphones.

Felix speaks.

Felix: Greetings comrade TV stars and cartoon heroes. I am Felix the Horse from the nation of...um...Horsey Land. I am come here to take part with you in this blockbuster TV reality phenomenon fad. Say, how about that People's Democratic Republic of....erm....that Yelda person...as you say? He's a very bad egg, eh? I bet he isn't a TV cartoon fan like all of us.

Felix scans the audience, waiting for a reaction.
Vanguard of the Yeldan Worker's Revolution

Kanaia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 05, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kanaia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:43 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Ananke II wrote:He posted on our forum, because that's where we talk about WA resolutions and since his posts were directed at 10ki people I don't see any reason why he should post it here. His points were mostly of interest to our own players, so why'd he post it on the official forum?

Well, it concerns 250+ votes, hardly a small number, as those would turn this currently failing resolution around right now if they were placed "FOR."

Edit: Btw. I doubt people's votes on this particular resolution has anything to do with who proposed it.

Oh, I'm sure it doesn't for most of the 10kI residents - though I'm sure more than a few of them get a bad vibe from seeing my name due to how it has been trashed over there.

Ananke II wrote:*shrugs* If you're interested in our people's reason for voting against you can have a look through the thread at our regional forum.

I actually did try to register on the 10kI forums last night so that I could post in its thread, however the registration form didn't seem to like the name, "A mean old man." Suspicious.

I have changed it to AMOM just now and am registering.

I personally am in favour of the resolution as such, but understand why some of my region mates might not want to vote for. In Nationstates people's actions often put them at odds with others.

Although they could just say "I don't like the person who wrote this" rather than "this person has done 10kI a load of wrong and doesn't deserve our support."

Either way, my 250+ votes aren't the only reason this proposal is failing, so I don't really see why there's such focus on the 10ki votes. I'm pretty sure my endorsers came to their own conclusions about this proposal, but ranting about how their vote is all wrong probably isn't going to make them change their mind.

Well, it isn't just about the votes. I'm not happy with Anime Daisuke's underhanded way of trashing other peoples' reputations among the 10kI voters in such inaccurate ways and just thinking that he can get away with it without a fight. My rant is more about Anime Daisuke than about the 10kI voters. The bottom piece is directed more at the WA as a whole. I’m not sure whether I’m changing anyone’s mind, however I’m speaking my opinions, as I always do.

...and as for your endorsers "coming to their own conclusions," don't tell me you can ignore this:

Ant Infinitum wrote: Oh, that was him? Heh... well, I would like to encourage more poetic resolutions, but I guess there'll have to be another way.

Vote retracted.

Grub wrote: Ananke, we have done nothing to this person, but this guy has been clearly against the 10000 Islands and against what we stand for. Why would you vote to commend him?

That one’s an absolute peach, Grub. “Against what we stand for.” How lame.

Wordy wrote: I am voting against. It's not ok to continue to mock us. This just gives him leave to do as he wishes and continue. We do rise above it by not taking any action to against him. I wont commend him though.
When you have fun at the expense of others it is not ok.

Mark the Shark wrote: Against , I agree with wordy and anime :)

The Mega Chicken of 3LiT3 wrote: If Yelda made fun of us once, I would probably vote for, but if Yelda made fun of us THREE times, I would have to vote AGAINST.

I think my evidence speaks for itself.

I don't believe this has anything to do with you, A Mean Old Man, being the one to propose it.

You will also find there were some of us who were against it before AD posted on the forum, I'm fairly certain the vote was AGAINST well before AD showed up on the thread, although I can't be sure.

I also find it insulting to 10KI residents that you seem to believe none of us can think for ourselves and that we blindly follow AD.

On a separate note, you took "The Mega Chicken of 3LiT3"'s post out of context, he had already posted, before AD did mind you, his vote of being AGAINST.
[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Gigantic butt
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Gigantic butt » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Yelda sucks! and should be destroyed! >:(

Yelda
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2004
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Yelda » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Gigantic butt wrote:Yelda sucks! and should be destroyed! >:(

Quynn Olver spits a mouthful of beer and points at the screen.

Olver: See! See! Even as they try to back down from their ill-conceived plan to declare war on us, random wingnuts get loose and say what they really think! You'd think the leaders of this plot could control their minions and keep them from spouting off publicly like this.

Spøtyiú: Or perhaps the cartoon nation sent this person out to speak?

Olver: Hmmm. Yes, or maybe one of the opponents of the cartoon faction. You never can tell with these people.
The Yeldan People's Democratic Republic

Ideological Bulwark #40
Another HotRodian puppet

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Iron Felix wrote:Felix speaks.

Felix: Greetings comrade TV stars and cartoon heroes. I am Felix the Horse from the nation of...um...Horsey Land. I am come here to take part with you in this blockbuster TV reality phenomenon fad. Say, how about that People's Democratic Republic of....erm....that Yelda person...as you say? He's a very bad egg, eh? I bet he isn't a TV cartoon fan like all of us.

Felix scans the audience, waiting for a reaction.

Susa glares at the strange farm animal, unable to decide what exactly it is or what its problem is. It looks like a horse, but its muzzle looks a little too big and round, its hindquarters appear a bit too bloated, and it sounded like it was speaking Russian. Susa had never heard of a horse that could speak Russian, and he especially could not understand why the animal's speech was constantly interrupted by terrible groaning and growling. Susa contemplates this, and considers whether the horse could be afflicted by some of sort of animal Tourette's Syndrome.

It is then that Susa realizes that the animal isn't a horse at all...it's a cow! And from the looks of its swollen hindquarters, it hasn't been milked in weeks! She must be asking for assistance to empty her bloated udder, but no one in the chamber appears interested in helping her. They were still bitching among themselves about some imaginary place called "10000 Islands" and whether or not this "Yelda" dude hated them. How could these people be so cruel to a helpless farm animal in desperate need?

Immediately Susa resolves that if no one else is going to help this poor creature, he would be her savior. He doesn't know how to milk a cow, of course, but he's certain it's pretty self-explanatory. He grabs a nearby bucket and milking stool (what these items just happen to be doing there, he has no idea), and proceeds to the podium. He pats the gentle bovine's side and whispers soothingly, "Don't worry, Betsy; I'll help you out. Just relax." He places the milking stool down on the dais, but when he actually looks at the part of the cow where her udder should be, he can't find it. Instinctively he reaches underneath to investigate...
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Kanaia wrote:I don't believe this has anything to do with you, A Mean Old Man, being the one to propose it.

Either way, it's simply denying Yelda his commendation out of a grudge and a lust for revenge, which Anime Daisuke has helped, if not started, to stir up within the commendation's thread in the 10kI forums.

You will also find there were some of us who were against it before AD posted on the forum, I'm fairly certain the vote was AGAINST well before AD showed up on the thread, although I can't be sure.

The first few posts were actually quite positive, if I remember correctly; then really things began going downhill when AD showed up and started lecturing.

I also find it insulting to 10KI residents that you seem to believe none of us can think for ourselves and that we blindly follow AD.

"None of you?" Did I say that? No, I'm saying that many of the voters, at least the ones who are posting in the commendation's thread and who have been voting against it, have been influenced by the ideas that AD put into their heads. My evidence of that has already been displayed.

On a separate note, you took "The Mega Chicken of 3LiT3"'s post out of context, he had already posted, before AD did mind you, his vote of being AGAINST.

Well, now that I can't see the thread, I can't say much on this, but it does prove that he was influenced.

Now why did you vote against the resolution (if you did)? Was it for the same petty grievance against Yelda making fun of 10kI and ruining it forever? Or did you VUI as well (Vote Under the Influence)?

Ananke II
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ananke II » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:41 pm

A mean old man wrote:how they and their endorsers have been manipulated by a single person to do otherwise.

Good god people. My region has a lot stubborn and smart people in it. AD is a respected player among us, but his post alone wouldn't have changed the outcome of the vote, if some of the sentiment hadn't already been there. Either way, I quite remember the incident, which is being talked about and as most situations I'm sure it changes depending on the eyes that see it, but I figure the differences in recollection from various sides comes down to how it was viewed by different people, rather than incorrect facts.

10ki has it's own small weirdnesses like most other places. One of them is a rather fierce loyalty to the region and defending in general, which is one of the basic reasons we've existed and flourished for so long. Many of our older members have experienced their share of betrayals and nasty propaganda campaigns in NS, so aren't too tolerant of what they perceive of as attacks. I thought WA campaigners were used to lobby delegates in different ways. Make use of that, if you want to my region's support. Like most groups in Nationstates there's some proposals we're more likely to support than others. This particular one hit a sore spot, which is neither the fault of the campaigner or the recipient really. But it's there, due to various circumstances and not likely to change just now.

Edit:
A mean old man wrote:So she's towing the thread to a place where I cannot see it, I believe.

Well, I think we've got all we need to know here.

That's got nothing to do with you really. We've had some trouble with non-WA 10ki people voting in our forum polls lately, so this particular resolution dumped down into an ongoing discussion and was towed to another forum in order to keep voting for Wa members only, since it seem to be a somewhat controversial proposal.
Last edited by Ananke II on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

New Rockport
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rockport » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:51 pm

A mean old man wrote:
New Rockport wrote:OOC: I voted in favor of the original commendation of 10000 Islands and against its repeal. However, if the 10000 Islanders are so humorless as to take offense at Yelda's joke and so vindictive as to torpedo this commendation, then I'll probably reconsider my support for any possible future commendation of 10000 Islands.

Don't drop down to that level; It's just as bad as what it's protesting. There's no question that they've done a lot with TITO and deserve a commendation, however disappointing their attitude may be.

OOC: With all due respect to you, I disagree. Yelda's "10000 Island" parody was harmless and not at all mean spirited. The members of 10000 Islands who are reacting with such hostility to a harmless bit of satire are revealing their true character, and that character is not commendable. There may indeed be individual nations and individual players who deserve commendations within 10000 Islands, but if most of the region's voters vote against this commendation because they take a harmless joke as a personal affront, then the region as a whole is not commendable.
The Federal Republic of New Rockport

Iron Felix
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Iron Felix » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:He places the milking stool down on the dais, but when he actually looks at the part of the cow where her udder should be, he can't find it. Instinctively he reaches underneath to investigate...

Mister Jones can't see anything from inside the horse costume, but he suddenly hears someone say "Don't worry, Betsy; I'll help you out. Just relax" while patting his side. Then this someone reaches under and latches onto his johnson.

Jones explodes.

Snarling and roaring, the "dog" rips the horse costume to shreds, leaving Felix standing alone at the microphones wearing only the horse's head. He wheels about, streams of saliva running from his cavernous maw, and faces Susa. He snorts and paws at the stage, sending scraps of horse costume flying in all directions. However, just as he is preparing to eat the hapless Kennyite alive, he is distracted by the ambassador from Ananke II who is speaking nearby.

Jones doesn't understand a word of what the Anankean is saying, but his animal instincts tell him that the words aren't friendly and that the Anankean might actually pose a threat to Felix.

So he does what any good dog would do and lunges at the Anankean.

Paper, manila folders, briefcases, and various other detritus fly in all directions as Jones charges into the Anankean delegation. The Anankeans and several nearby delegations flee for their lives as Jones begins rampaging through the Security Council chamber, snapping at anything and everything within his reach.

He pauses at the Unibotian delegation's desk and destroys a copy machine....

He storms past the Palentine delegation, causing Senator Sulla to spill his drink...

He knocks over a large hookah pipe belonging to the Community Property delegation...

....which starts a fire in a wastebasket....

...which activates the sprinklers...

Felix (still wearing the horse's head): Jones! Our cover is blown! Kill them all! I will summon the Destructor Bunnies!

Thousands of Robotic Destructor Bunnies begin pouring into the Security Council chamber, attacking everyone in sight...

...Yakety Sax begins playing over the PA at a deafening volume...

Mayhem ensues.
Vanguard of the Yeldan Worker's Revolution

Kanaia
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kanaia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:46 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Kanaia wrote:I also find it insulting to 10KI residents that you seem to believe none of us can think for ourselves and that we blindly follow AD.

"None of you?" Did I say that? No, I'm saying that many of the voters, at least the ones who are posting in the commendation's thread and who have been voting against it, have been influenced by the ideas that AD put into their heads. My evidence of that has already been displayed.

Now why did you vote against the resolution (if you did)? Was it for the same petty grievance against Yelda making fun of 10kI and ruining it forever? Or did you VUI as well (Vote Under the Influence)?

First, I was not a member of 10KI until December 2009, long after this alleged feud started, and have no particular interest in it.

My reason for being against the resolution was the fact that I felt "a rude, mocking, and often vulgar individual" was not worthy of commendation.

In fact, I was the first 10K Islander to vote against the resolution, or at least the first one to write a forum post saying I was against it and give my reasons, well before AD entered the discussion.

However, you went after AD claiming this was a personal attack on yourself, which I fail to understand as all AD's reasons against the resolution were concerning Yelda.

Nerdocrombesia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 05, 2004
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Nerdocrombesia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Ananke II wrote:Many of our older members have experienced their share of betrayals and nasty propaganda campaigns in NS, so aren't too tolerant of what they perceive of as attacks. I thought WA campaigners were used to lobby delegates in different ways.

Speaking of attacks. Before the thread was moved to a private area, I seem to remember reading an asinine comment by AD (or someone) to the effect of "attacking his (Yelda's) region". As the founder of said region, all I can say is "BRING IT".

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Come on TITO, surely you know people read public sections of your forum? and when you post things that might offend them, they see it. And you said he was trolling you?

Nerdocrombesia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 05, 2004
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Nerdocrombesia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Kalibarr wrote:Come on TITO, surely you know people read public sections of your forum? and when you post things that might offend them, they see it. And you said he was trolling you?

Even more comical is the spectacle of "defenders" discussing attacking a region.

Ghamaryana
Civilian

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghamaryana » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:01 pm

The Republic of Ghamaryana has decided to take the position that its vote should be against this proposal, due to Yelda's questionable record concerning political rights for its citizens.

However, the poetic style of the proposed commendation IS commendable. This may be a very nice precedent for the proposals to come.

Yours sincerely,

Mark Busurmanov
President of the Republic of Ghamaryana

Kanaia
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kanaia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Nerdocrombesia wrote:
Ananke II wrote:Many of our older members have experienced their share of betrayals and nasty propaganda campaigns in NS, so aren't too tolerant of what they perceive of as attacks. I thought WA campaigners were used to lobby delegates in different ways.

Speaking of attacks. Before the thread was moved to a private area, I seem to remember reading an asinine comment by AD (or someone) to the effect of "attacking his (Yelda's) region". As the founder of said region, all I can say is "BRING IT".

Nerdocrombesia wrote:
Kalibarr wrote:Come on TITO, surely you know people read public sections of your forum? and when you post things that might offend them, they see it. And you said he was trolling you?

Even more comical is the spectacle of "defenders" discussing attacking a region.

Quite the opposite, AD said that we have NO INTEREST in revenge, war, or condemnation of your region. Please do not make baseless claims.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives