NATION

PASSWORD

DEFEATED: Commend Yelda

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Asylum Manager
Attaché

Founded: Aug 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby The Asylum Manager » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:54 pm

:( Noticed my region's delegate changing vote from FOR to AGAINST. Didn't get no telegram from this Speer-character though.

*heads over for some popcorn*
Last edited by The Asylum Manager on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:08 pm

A mean old man wrote:I am glad you've passed nineteen UN/WA resolutions, built up a few regions, and made the WASC fun for so many people.

Seconded. We should at least try this again, maybe with a different approach (so it's more well-received), but I agree.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:09 pm

The Horror Channel wrote:
Diatraba wrote:I am glad that this was defeated, as it is a pointless resolution

As an outside observer, i'd have to agree.

Talk about a blast from the past! I never forgot your flag in TRR, back when we tried to make a constitution there!
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:23 pm

Well this has been an interesting experience. I never knew I had so many friends, nor so many enemies. I'll try to make more of both in the months and years ahead.

For those of you who don't know, this is my OOC puppet that I normally use in the SC forum. I thought it would be best to use it for this OOC post because Yelda, Iron Felix, New Leicestershire, Hiriaurtung Arororugul etc normally only post IC.

Anyway, I'd first like to thank A Mean Old Man for trying to commend me. I've never cared much for C&Cs and didn't really care if I was ever commended or not, but the effort he put into this project touched me. The idea of writing a resolution in the form of a poem impressed me greatly. It demonstrated a level of creativity which I find sadly lacking in much of the work that goes on here. So I wanted it to pass for his sake more than mine, simply because of the work he had put into it.

I gotta give a shout out to all my peoples in AO and The Pleiades that helped defend this against all the haters here in the At Vote thread. Raised as G's, loc'ed out and blazed the weed, get on the roof let's get smoked out and blaze with me!

A big Thank You to everyone that voted For.

A big Thank You to most of the people that voted Against.

A big Fuck You to the small group that organized the opposition to this. You know who you are. Your chickens are gonna come home to roost someday. :lol:

Kanaia wrote:Every time I have seen Yelda's various puppets, not only during the "those ugly C&C discussions," they have been rude, mocking and vulgar. Some may believe he is amusing and funny. I disagree, and so it seems do many 10K Islanders.

You know, I get so tired of hearing this. I quoted Kanaia's post because it was the first one I found, but there were a couple of others (possibly 10K Islanders?) who said similar things. "Yelda is rude". "Yelda is vicious". "Yelda is mean". Seems like it's only certain people that think that, and it's always people who don't know me. 99% of what I do here is IC and yes, my characters are assholes. I made them that way. When I'm OOC I'm actually kinda nice (most of the time) and my IC antics are meant as entertainment. That's all.

I don't think any of you have a really good understanding of what "rude" and "vulgar" even are. Perhaps I could illustrate it for you with a little joke. Here goes.

A family walks into a talent agency. It's a father, mother, son, daughter and dog. The father says to the talent agent, "We have a really amazing act. You should represent us."

The agent says, "Sorry, I don't represent family acts. They're a little too cute."

The mother says, "Sir, if you just see our act, we know you would want to represent us."

The agent says, "OK. OK. I'll take a look."

The Father then raises his hands and exclaims: "Wait until you see this, it's a family act, a song and a dance, an animal act, audience participation... it's got everything! First off my wife and I come out on the stage, I'm wearing a tux, she's in a full gown. I take off the tux and lift up her gown...

MODBLEEPED because it was Rude and Vulgar. Also not PG-13 and in an OOC post. Also warnable. *** Warned. ***

... my dog comes out..."

The talent agent then goes "Well what on Earth does the dog do?"

The man licks his lips and says "Well the dog comes out wearing a little pink tutu, honks a few horns, and jumps through a hoop."

For the longest time, the agent just sits in silence. Finally, he manages, "That's a hell of an act. What do you call it?"

And with a flourish, the father says, "The Security Council!"

Thank you, and good night.
Last edited by Ardchoille on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOC puppet of Yelda

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Image You had to fit Canada in there somewhere, didn't you?
Last edited by Ardchoille on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote: Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Meh, I liked the Palentine Dolphins version better. :p
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Meh, I liked the Palentine Dolphins version better. :p

The Palentine Dolphin version was far filthier than mine. So bad in fact that most of it was bleeped out. :p
OOC puppet of Yelda

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Unibotian WA Mission wrote:Image You had to fit Canada in there somewhere, didn't you?

^^ With it bleeped out, now it's just hilariously mystifying as to what I was talking about. :lol2:
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote: Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

The Horror Channel
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 27, 2006
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Horror Channel » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:50 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:
The Horror Channel wrote:
Diatraba wrote:I am glad that this was defeated, as it is a pointless resolution

As an outside observer, i'd have to agree.

Talk about a blast from the past! I never forgot your flag in TRR, back when we tried to make a constitution there!

I'm like a rash.

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:10 am

Hopefully this will be the last of this non-sense

What non-sense would you like to see?
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Grandais
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandais » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:54 am

I never thought I'd see an Aristocrats joke on here...
DEFCON 5 [4] 3 2 1
Grandais News|Factbook|Embassies

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives