NATION

PASSWORD

DEFEATED!: Commend A mean old man

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is best about a mean old man?

His weed choked lawn.
9%
He is always fighting crime -- especially youth-related.
12%
He is a tired and angry old fart.
9%
His really old cat.
12%
His rabbit.
10%
His colostomy bag.
8%
He shaves in the dark trying to save paper.
8%
He always shouts out something obscene.
10%
He wrote the excellent "First Tort Reform Act", which the idiots in the WA voted down.
12%
He repealed "Liberate The Security Council".
11%

Total votes : 218

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:47 pm

I keep hearing this term "raiders and defenders".

Something stirred Nigel from his between GA resolution nap... He reviewed the transcript and then stood to address Hiriaurtung Arororugul "Ambassador I have been sitting in this chamber for months now my friend an I have no ruddy clue either. I've given up trying to understand. As for the resolution"... Nigel eyed the window and his proximity to it... "I support it wholeheartedly!"
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 03, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Tzorsland wrote:
Hiriaurtung Arororugul wrote:
Tzorsland wrote:
Hiriaurtung Arororugul wrote:... but we know how (oh how shall I put this) sloppy you raiders and defenders on the SC can be.

I keep hearing this term "raiders and defenders". What on earth are you referring to, some sort of piracy? The People of Aundotutunagir do not engage in piracy. Those vessels are privateers and until they begin preying on Tzorslander shipping their actions are none of your concern.
You claim not to be a pirate. Clearly I don't see a parrot about you; one of the clear indications of a pirate, but the skull and crossbones is a symbol that gives a pirate away and you do seem to have the image of the Grim Reaper himself on your uniformed chapeau.
ImageImage
Looks like a spitting image to me, although the Grim Reaper isn't known for his spitting.

And now you mock the skulls of the Aundotutunagirian flag?

Perhaps a history lesson is in order.

"Another notable series of events during this time were the repeated attempts to Christianize the Aundotutunagirians by Swedish missionaries. The Aundotutunagirians gladly accepted instruction from the churchmen in the skills of construction, road-building, mathematics and farming. They learned the Latin alphabet, a modified version of which would eventually replace the old Uyghur/Göktürk script to become the Aundotutunagirian alphabet. They even allowed the missionaries to construct a stone church in Golthaindroror which stands to this day and serves as the entryway to a state-run brothel. Eventually though, the Aundotutunagirians tired of the missionaries' proselytizing and hacked them to pieces. Their corpses were dragged behind horses and small children were encouraged to beat them with rocks and sticks. Finally their heads were removed and placed on pikes in the town square. The skulls of the missionaries are represented on the flag of Aundotutunagir."

I hope that clears things up for you.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador
The People of Aundotutunagir

WARNING! This account only posts in-character and will treat all posts directed at it as in-character as well.

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:07 pm

Philimbesi wrote:

Something stirred Nigel from his between GA resolution nap... He reviewed the transcript and then stood to address Hiriaurtung Arororugul "Ambassador I have been sitting in this chamber for months now my friend an I have no ruddy clue either. I've given up trying to understand. As for the resolution"... Nigel eyed the window and his proximity to it... "I support it wholeheartedly!"

Well it must mean something, otherwise why would they keep going on about it? I will have my staff investigate.

And thank you for your support, Ambassador.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

WARNING! This account only posts in-character and will treat all posts directed at it as in-character as well.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Philimbesi wrote:

Well it must mean something, otherwise why would they keep going on about it? I will have my staff investigate.

Apparently its an anagram of "A Saddened Friend Errs" - maybe that will assist your investigation.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:In my opinion the proposal does not appear to describe the actual rationale behind the commendation. The honoured ambassador to Charlotte Ryberg wishes to state that the Security Council was not designed for making up poems or some sort.

*sigh*

*might as well get this over with*

General Arororugul hoists the honoured ambassador to Charlotte Ryberg (don't you mean honoured ambassador of Charlotte Ryberg?) over his head and unceremoniously throws her out a window.

The honoured ambassador to Charlotte Ryberg is not very impressed with the response from the honoured ambassador to Hiriaurtung Arororugul. The current text of the proposal makes it look like a joke proposal.

Fotar
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Fotar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:37 pm

Hiriaurtung Arororugul wrote:Could you elaborate? I fail to how this is a mockery of the World Assembly. Do you not respect your elders and view them as worthy of commendation?

What I mean is the text of the resolution has absolutely nothing commendable in it. All it is are things about AMOM's nation, and not what he has done for the game. AMOM very well may be worthy of commending. But I do not know that because 1) I have not been around the forums long enough to know him and his actions well and 2) this resolution does not tell me a thing about him to help me in deciding if he is commendable.

I would like to echo the statements of the honored ambassador from Charlotte Ryberg. The Security Council is not a joke, even if it may look like one at times.
Founder and Lord Regent of the second Council of Narnia
One-time Delegate of Balder
Progress through Respect. Power through Honor.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:38 pm

"Ah, I see Mr. Aundotag...Aundo...Mr. A. Deli ...Denizuyi...Denizüyısı meat is also a cultural icon in my own country as well, however more spiritual in nature. We Unibotians believe in the word of the historical texts,

The Book of Harrison said..
"Thou know that what thou eat thou are,
But what is sweet now, turns so sour--
We all know Obla-Di-Bla-Da
But can thou show thy, where thou is
?"

And thus we honor the Walrus, I mean the Denizüyısı, because thou is what thou eats!"

Pascal immediately collapsed in shame, praying to Lucy, and the Sky of Diamonds while his aide whispered to the General, "don't worry he'll be okay -- sometimes the guilt just overcomes him like this."

"I understand. I have some opium in my desk. Do you think that would improve his condition?"

The aide nodded, "if you're offering...".

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:In my opinion the proposal does not appear to describe the actual rationale behind the commendation. The honoured ambassador to Charlotte Ryberg wishes to state that the Security Council was not designed for making up poems or some sort.

*sigh*

General Arororugul hoists the honoured ambassador to Charlotte Ryberg (don't you mean honoured ambassador of Charlotte Ryberg?) over his head and unceremoniously throws her out a window.

Pascal wiped a tear from his eye, getting off the floor, while hiding a smile.

"Very good, General, but here in the Security Council Headquarters we have a few tricks up our own sleeve -- literally. Observe."

The Unibotian ambassador nodded to a gnome across the room, who took that as his cue to pull a large skyhook, hanging boustrophedonically from the ceiling which activated a series of oversized gears. The bowls of the Security Council churned unpleasantly, as the borborygm echoed through the hallowed halls.

"Wait for it... Wait for it..."

The rumblings escalated,

"NOW!!" Pascal screamed, having timed it perfectly, as a sea of invisible ants was released from the ceiling and landed on to the Fotorian ambassador with precision.

"Formication, it never gets old." Pascal said, smiling as the victim across the room squirmed and violently itched.
"Now, what was that about opium? General?"

OOC: On a completely different note : I just received word that I've been accepted into my first choice for university, Yay! :)
Last edited by Unibot on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:39 pm

Fotar wrote:
Hiriaurtung Arororugul wrote:Could you elaborate? I fail to how this is a mockery of the World Assembly. Do you not respect your elders and view them as worthy of commendation?

What I mean is the text of the resolution has absolutely nothing commendable in it. All it is are things about AMOM's nation, and not what he has done for the game. AMOM very well may be worthy of commending. But I do not know that because 1) I have not been around the forums long enough to know him and his actions well and 2) this resolution does not tell me a thing about him to help me in deciding if he is commendable.

I would like to echo the statements of the honored ambassador from Charlotte Ryberg. The Security Council is not a joke, even if it may look like one at times.

The Honorable Ambassador from Kalibarr wishes to inquire about this "game" everyone is talking about. We also want to know why fighting crime(especially youth related) is not a commendable action.

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:

*sigh*

The honoured ambassador to Charlotte Ryberg is not very impressed with the response from the honoured ambassador to Hiriaurtung Arororugul. The current text of the proposal makes it look like a joke proposal.

First, I am not the "ambassador to Hiriaurtung Arororugul". Why the fuck would I be an ambassador to myself? And why would you be an ambassador to yourself for that matter? If you're going to attempt to speak English, a language you are obviously not familiar with, perhaps you should avail yourself of a tutor. I'm sure the World Assembly would provide one at minimal cost.

Secondly, I am terribly sorry if I have offended your sensibilities by submitting what you consider a joke proposal. Please accept my apology. I also apologize in advance for having to throw you out the window. Again.

General Arororugul hoists the ambassador of Charlotte Ryberg over his head and once again unceremoniously throws her out a window.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Fotar
Spokesperson

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Fotar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Kalibarr wrote:
Fotar wrote:The Honorable Ambassador from Kalibarr wishes to inquire about this "game" everyone is talking about. We also want to know why fighting crime(especially youth related) is not a commendable action.

Perhaps 'game' was a poor choice of words on my part. Please accept my apologies. What I meant was that a WA commendation, as I thought I understood, is reserved for those who go above and beyond the call of duty to better the world at large...not simply one's individual nation. Fighting crime, especially youth related, is an honorable task. My question in return to you is this. If that alone is worthy of a WA Commendation, there where is the proposal for mine or the countless other nations that have totally unknown youth crime?

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Fotar wrote:

What I mean is the text of the resolution has absolutely nothing commendable in it. All it is are things about AMOM's nation, and not what he has done for the game.

WHAT GAME? Is he some kind of championship pinochle player? You would want him commended for that?

Of course it refers to his nation. What else could it refer to? Speaking for myself (an individual who has been declared a "nation" in order to better represent the interests of my homeland in the WA) I can see no other way to commend a mean old man.

AMOM very well may be worthy of commending. But I do not know that because 1) I have not been around the forums long enough to know him and his actions well

Forums?

and 2) this resolution does not tell me a thing about him to help me in deciding if he is commendable.

It's tells you he is (obviously) old. In my culture that is a commendable thing in and of itself.

It tells you that he is mean and that meanness can be a virtue. Being mean myself, I can personally relate to this.

It tells you that his lawn is weed choked. This tells you that he isn't vain and doesn't try to impress those who are preoccupied with the appearance of residential property. It also tells you that he isn't wasting energy by riding around all day on a lawnmower.

It tells you that he is always fighting crime -- especially youth-related. Think about that the next time a band of young hooligans steals your hubcaps.

It tells you of his really old cat, which frolics freely in the forest. Do you not understand how amazing it is for a really old cat to be able to frolic anywhere? Oh how he must love that old cat! The time he must spend caring for it, making sure it has a well-balanced diet. Making sure its vaccinations are up to date.

Ambassador, why do you hate cats? Are you some sort of sociopathic cat-torturer? Shame!

It tells you of his innovative use of colostomy bags as national currency. Do I even need to describe the genius of using a bag full of feces as national currency?

You would be wise not to echo the statements of that particular delegation.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:32 pm

Unibot wrote:The aide nodded, "if you're offering...".

Hiriaurtung Arororugul produces a sizable quantity of opium and hands it to the aide.

He whispers "It is Urgenchi, but don't tell anyone."

The Unibotian ambassador nodded to a gnome across the room, who took that as his cue to pull a large skyhook, hanging boustrophedonically from the ceiling which activated a series of oversized gears. The bowls of the Security Council churned unpleasantly, as the borborygm echoed through the hallowed halls.

The rumblings escalated,

"NOW!!" Pascal screamed, having timed it perfectly, as a sea of invisible ants was released from the ceiling and landed on to the Fotorian ambassador with precision.

"Formication, it never gets old." Pascal said, smiling as the victim across the room squirmed and violently itched.

The General is astounded.

"Could I...try that later?"
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Unibot wrote:OOC: On a completely different note : I just received word that I've been accepted into my first choice for university, Yay! :)

Congratulations!
OOC puppet of Yelda

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:25 pm

Unibot wrote:The aide nodded, "if you're offering...".

Hiriaurtung Arororugul produces a sizable quantity of opium and hands it to the aide.

He whispers "It is Urgenchi, but don't tell anyone."

Pascal nodded while smiling, "As the bible said, 'That Walter Raleigh was such a stupid git!' "

One of his more brazen aides spoke up to correct him, "that was tobacco, sir."
The other aides starred at him blankly, and Pascal turned around, glaring at the aide. "What was that?"

"Tobacco, sir. Walter Raleigh brought tobacco, not Opium." the aide said, now questioning his action.
"Oh, I see." Pascal said.

The aide looked to the ground, muttering to himself, "fuck that Walter Raleigh, and his fucking tobacco, he was such a stupid git."

The rumblings escalated,

The General is astounded.

"Could I...try that later?"

Pascal smiled, "By all means, the skyhook is at your command. In fact, I think I have an aide who is in need of a good formication."
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote: Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:25 pm

Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:
Unibot wrote:OOC: On a completely different note : I just received word that I've been accepted into my first choice for university, Yay! :)

Congratulations!

OOC: Thanks!
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote: Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Fotar
Spokesperson

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Fotar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Very well, ambassador of Hiriaurtung Arororugul. I see now that we simply just do not agree on what is worthy of commendation or even what this category of WASC resolutions are for. You obviously are not interested in perhaps actually trying to make stronger resolution that might have a better chance of passing, so I will cease wasting your time, and my own.

I would like to offer you a small piece of advice though. There are certain standards of etiquette that are expected in these halls. It might do you good to learn some more about them. Best of luck with your proposed resolution and good day to you.
Last edited by Fotar on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:41 pm

Pascal giggled, "Something tells me he didn't like being formicated with."

Fotar
Spokesperson

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Fotar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Unibotian WASC Mission wrote:Pascal giggled, "Something tells me he didn't like being formicated with."

If the "he" refers to me, you are mistaken. I was more referring to the treatment the ambassador to Charlotte Ryberg than anything that has been done to me.
Last edited by Fotar on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:04 pm

Nigel picked up the intercom.. "Ginger get the popcorn. "

Ideological Bulwark #235

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:05 pm

OOC: On a completely different note : I just received word that I've been accepted into my first choice for university, Yay! :)

OOC: Nice work, congrats

Ideological Bulwark #235

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Fotar wrote:
Unibotian WASC Mission wrote:Pascal giggled, "Something tells me he didn't like being formicated with."

If the "he" refers to me, you are mistaken. I was more referring to the treatment the ambassador to Charlotte Ryberg than anything that has been done to me.

Well if she hadn't wandered in here talking about jokes and poems and referring to herself as the ambassador to her own nation, and then referring to me as the ambassador to myself I might have spared her. Alas, she did all of those things and then had the temerity to oppose my Resolution. I had no choice. My hands were tied.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:

Congratulations!

Aha, congratulations. Education is one of the most important things in life. Using it is even more important.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:
Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:

Congratulations!

Aha, congratulations. Education is one of the most important things in life. Using it is even more important.

This could be misconstrued as an insult, but okay... :lol:

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Fotar wrote:What I meant was that a WA commendation, as I thought I understood, is reserved for those who go above and beyond the call of duty to better the world at large...not simply one's individual nation.

This takes the biscuit. I believe I should comment further on this. The purpose of a national government is to better its own nation, to better the lives of its own people. Not "the world at large". I don't give two fucks about "the world at large". If I thought a mean old man was going about wasting his taxpayer's money (colostomy bags in this case) trying to better the world at large I wouldn't be commending him.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:02 am

Unibotian WASC Mission wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:
Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:

Congratulations!

This could be misconstrued as an insult, but okay... :lol:

Wasn't meant to be.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives