NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend Pauline Bonaparte

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:15 am

Really Cormac? Did it really need to be liberated? It has been around for less than a year, and meant didly squat. I'm almost positive the founder created it just to make a target too juicy for the Nazi's not to go after....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:46 am

That is an interesting point Chester. In any case, if you wanted to advertise about the Anne Frank issue Cormac why not sent telegrams about that?
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Pauline Bonaparte
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Pauline Bonaparte » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:59 pm

I would concur with Cormac. This resolution, for better or for worse, was intended to raise awareness of our operation in Anne Frank. Without commenting on the motivations behind its introduction, I will just say that I, Her Worshipfulness Pauline Bonaparte, Vanguard of the Glorious Revolution, Lord Protector of the Order of the Magnificent Garter, Sovereign Duchess of Guastalla, Princess consort of Sulmona and Rossano, Lancepesade of the Taijitu Citizens' Militia, honorary Citizen-Legislator of the Ecclesia of Taijitu, and Queen of the Taijitu World Fair Booth, have no interest in worldly titles like a commendation at this time.
Pauline Bonaparte
Senator, Carcassonne
Co-Founder, Taijitu

Rapallo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 12, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rapallo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:00 pm

Pauline Bonaparte wrote:I would concur with Cormac. This resolution, for better or for worse, was intended to raise awareness of our operation in Anne Frank. Without commenting on the motivations behind its introduction, I will just say that I, Her Worshipfulness Pauline Bonaparte, Vanguard of the Glorious Revolution, Lord Protector of the Order of the Magnificent Garter, Sovereign Duchess of Guastalla, Princess consort of Sulmona and Rossano, Lancepesade of the Taijitu Citizens' Militia, honorary Citizen-Legislator of the Ecclesia of Taijitu, and Queen of the Taijitu World Fair Booth, have no interest in worldly titles like a commendation at this time.

If it is just for publicity then take your votes away from it and stop trying to commend yourself. Cuz all that shows me is that your words are hollow and you are two faced in your actions.

Pauline Bonaparte
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Pauline Bonaparte » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Okay.
Pauline Bonaparte
Senator, Carcassonne
Co-Founder, Taijitu

Rapallo
Bureaucrat

Postby Rapallo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:06 pm

Pauline Bonaparte wrote:Okay.

Thanks. You can say you don't want it, but when you were contributing the second largest amount of votes towards your own commendation it sends a mixed message.

Normlpeople
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Normlpeople » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:44 am

So if the goal was a liberation, why not just ask for one in that telegram you sent out? That's the only reason this even got to vote in the first place.
Words and Opinion of Clover the Clever
Ambassador to the WA for the Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople

Rapallo
Bureaucrat

Postby Rapallo » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:56 am

Normlpeople wrote:So if the goal was a liberation, why not just ask for one in that telegram you sent out? That's the only reason this even got to vote in the first place.

Shh, don't try to bring logic and reason into this. They will disappear you just like the others if you try.

Dagguerro
Envoy

Founded: Apr 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagguerro » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:10 am

I refounded about ten minutes ago. Look at the WA and see this.

Is this really what the Security Council has been reduced to? One liberation (which wasn't even COMPLETED when this was posted going by the first few replies) of one minor region resulting in a Security Council nomination for commendation for the region leader? No matter how noble the cause this should really not be the case outside of something truly extraordinary; otherwise we'd be handing out commendations all day long. Its just absurd. How did this even reach quorum?

In short, I agree with the Ambassador from Docers:

Docers wrote:The liberators deserve congratulations for sure but not a commendation.

And if it WAS to advertise liberation efforts...why not just send a few telegrams?
Last edited by Dagguerro on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patrician Lord Nicholas Ashemore - Elected Supreme Leader of The Benevolent Empire of Dagguerro

His Excellency Lord Daniel Swift - Dagguerrean Ambassador to the World Assembly

The Roman Imperial Legion
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Roman Imperial Legion » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:00 am

Rapallo wrote:
Normlpeople wrote:So if the goal was a liberation, why not just ask for one in that telegram you sent out? That's the only reason this even got to vote in the first place.

Shh, don't try to bring logic and reason into this. They will disappear you just like the others if you try.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:07 am

Apparently other regions are not important enough to be liberated,considering the endorsement count currently stands at 108 - Anarchy barely had 40 WAs with it's liberation force after several months of occupations

Regions need to fend for themselves,like Gay Equality,which I personally helped liberate when it was taken over by nazis in the founders brief absence
Last edited by Blood Wine on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:05 am

Blood Wine wrote:Apparently other regions are not important enough to be liberated,considering the endorsement count currently stands at 108 - Anarchy barely had 40 WAs with it's liberation force after several months of occupations

>Implying that we could bring in the independents/imperialists in Anarchy
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:31 am

Defeated by 3,116 votes. LOL, Cormac and Mahaj used to be SO GOOD, but look at what they've become. I cannot believe what just happened.
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Meh, I doubt they put much time and effort into this anyway.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

The Risen Jaguar Warriors
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Risen Jaguar Warriors » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Ridersyl wrote:Meh, I doubt they put much time and effort into this anyway.

I agree. This proposal seemed very rushed. It was just asking to be defeated...

Sorry... :(
⇦ Keep to the left
100% Raiderist Сюнна 20% Defenderist

My puppet-juggling skills are like a drinking straw... meaning they suck...
I am a girl

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:48 pm

Redsward wrote:Defeated by 3,116 votes. LOL, Cormac and Mahaj used to be SO GOOD, but look at what they've become. I cannot believe what just happened.

As he acknowledged earlier in the thread:
Cormac Stark wrote:For the record, this was meant to advertise liberation efforts, not to actually pass. The advertisement turned out not to be necessary as the region was liberated the same update this went to vote, but c'est la vie.

I don't care at all whether this passes or fails. Never did. Thank you to the World Assembly for free ad space.

Secondly, Mahaj and Cormac have been doing stunts like this for quite a while. Mahaj managed to get a proposal pulled for a branding violation.
Just some weeb.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:17 am

Applebania wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:Apparently other regions are not important enough to be liberated,considering the endorsement count currently stands at 108 - Anarchy barely had 40 WAs with it's liberation force after several months of occupations

>Implying that we could bring in the independents/imperialists in Anarchy

>implying independents/imperials are better then defenders at their jobs
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives