NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Responsible Armaments Trading

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Sciongrad
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

[DEFEATED] Responsible Armaments Trading

Postby Sciongrad » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:35 am

Responsible Armaments Trading

Category: Global Disarmament | Strength: Mild | Proposed by: Sciongrad

The General Assembly,

Reaffirming its position of international peace and goodwill,

Recognizing the extreme hazard to national populations posed by the unregulated trade of weapons and armaments,

Hoping to limit the involvement of member nations and their citizens in violence made possible by the aforementioned unregulated trade of weapons and armaments,

And to this end resolves;

1. The term "armament" shall be defined as military equipment, such as firearms, ammunition, and/or any other device that may possess a practical application in military conflict, including the parts necessary in their construction or production;

2. The term "transfer" shall be defined as the movement of an armament from one member nation, political subdivisions thereof, and/or non-state entities associated with a member nation to any other such entity, including non-member nations and non-state entities not associated with any nation;

3. The term "end-user certificate" shall be defined as an affidavit completed by the buyer of armaments subject to the provisions of this resolution which verifies that said buyer is the final recipient of the product;

4. All manufacturers, exporters, and brokers of armaments within member nations shall be required to register with the relevant government(s) of the nation(s) in which they operate, and the terms of such a registration shall, at minimum, encompass the provisions of this resolution;

5. The export of armaments by any manufacturer, exporter, and/or broker operating within a member nation shall make the sale of their armaments conditional on the completion of an end-user certificate by the buyer; member nations are strongly urged to implement systems of end-use monitoring to ensure that the end-user certificate is authentic, when possible;

6. The sale or transfer of armaments shall be prohibited if:
  1. There is reason to suspect they will be used to initiate, or aid the aggressor in, a war of conquest or expropriation,
  2. There is reason to suspect that they will be used in contravention of extant World Assembly legislation on human rights,
  3. The armaments are non-discriminatory in nature, or if they pose a long-term environmental hazard when used,
  4. There is reason to suspect that they will be diverted from their originally intended recipient, or
  5. There is reason to suspect that the armaments may be used in such a way that contributes to socioeconomic deterioration in the recipient nation;
7. The sale or transfer of armaments to non-member nations with the intent of then transferring them to nations where the aforementioned circumstances apply shall be prohibited.

The General Assembly,

Recognizing the extreme hazard to national populations posed by the unregulated trade of weapons and armaments,

Hoping to limit the involvement of member nations and their citizens in violence made possible by the aforementioned unregulated trade of weapons and armaments,

1. The term armament shall be defined as military equipment, such as firearms, ammunition, and/or any other device that may possess a practical application in military conflict, including the parts necessary in their construction or production;

2. The term transfer shall be defined as the the movement of an armament from one member nation, political subdivisions thereof, and/or non-state entities associated with a member-state to any other such entity, including non-member nations;

3. The transfer of armaments in all circumstances shall be coordinated by a government authority which shall, at minimum, be responsible for enforcing the provisions of this resolution;

4. The sale or transfer of armaments shall be prohibited if:

1. There is reason to suspect that they will be used in such a way that initiates or protracts civil or domestic conflict,
  2. There is reason to suspect they will be used to initiate or protract a war of aggression or conquest,
  3. There is reason to suspect they will be used in such a way that violates the domestic laws of the recipient nation,
  4. There is reason to suspect that they will be used in contravention of extant World Assembly legislation on human rights,
  5. The armaments are non-discriminatory in nature, or if they pose a long-term environmental hazard when used;

5. Instances where there is objectively verifiable evidence to suggest that the transfer of armaments will help maintain or increase the well-being of the inhabitants of the recipient nation shall be specifically exempted from clauses 4a and 4c;

6. The sale or transfer of armaments to non-member nations with the intent of then transferring them to nations where the aforementioned circumstances apply shall be prohibited.

The General Assembly,

Recognizing the threat presented by the unregulated trade of weapons and armaments,

Believing that the unregulated trade of armaments poses an extreme hazard to national populations,

Hoping to limit the involvement of member states and their citizens in violence made possible by the aforementioned unregulated trade of weapons and armaments,

1. The term armament shall be defined as military equipment, such as firearms, ammunition, and/or any other device that may possess a practical application in military conflict, including the parts necessary in their construction or production;

2. The term transfer shall be defined as the the movement of an armament from one member nation, political subdivisions thereof, and/or non-state entities associated with a member-state to any other such entity, including non-member nations;

3. The transfer of armaments in all circumstances shall be coordinated by a government authority, which shall at minimum, be responsible for enforcing the provisions of this resolution;

4. The sale or transfer of armaments shall be prohibited if:

1. There is reason to suspect that they will be used in such a way that initiates or protracts civil or domestic conflict,
  2. There is reason to suspect they will be used to initiate or protract a war of aggression or conquest,
  3. There is reason to suspect they will be used in such a way that violates the domestic laws of the recipient nation,
  4. There is reason to suspect that they will be used in contravention of extant World Assembly legislation on human rights,
  5. The armaments are non-discriminatory in nature, or if they pose a long-term environmental hazard when used;
5. The sale or transfer of armaments to non-member nations with the intent of then transferring them to nations where the aforementioned circumstances apply shall be prohibited.

The General Assembly,

Recognizing the threat presented by the unregulated trade of weapons and armaments,

Condemning instances where weapons or armaments are knowingly sold to recipients that may intend to use them for violent means,

Hoping to limit the involvement of member states and their citizens in violence made possible by the aforementioned unregulated trade of weapons and armaments,

2. The sale or transfer of armaments shall be prohibited if:

3. The sale or transfer of armaments to non-member nations with the intent of then transferring them to nations where the aforementioned circumstances apply shall be prohibited.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:45 am, edited 32 times in total.
Natalia Santos, Plenipotentiary and Permanent Scionite Representative to the World Assembly

Ideological Bulwark #271

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:41 am

"I like this. I was considering a very scaled down version, strictly limited to the torture trade, after Barbossa's effort crashed and burned; this is obviously more ambitious. It has the benefit of a much stronger definition than Barbossa's.

"I don't understand the 'non-discriminatory' part. The WA has already prohibited the trade in the most obvious examples of these - such as bioweapons and non-command detonated landmines - and this could be taken to mean anything up to barbed wire and punji sticks.

"I also question how any of this is actually going to work. Without arms export licensing, and without regulating arms brokers, these regulations are really just scraps of paper, and the fact that there is a legislative prohibition is not likely to do a great deal to address the total scale of the arms trade.

"That said, Barbossa's effort really did crash and burn - so it may be that this is all that will be politically possible, in which case I suppose it is better than nothing."

~ Ambassador to the WA Inky Fungschlammer

Sciongrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:52 am

The Dark Star Republic wrote:"I don't understand the 'non-discriminatory' part. The WA has already prohibited the trade in the most obvious examples of these - such as bioweapons and non-command detonated landmines - and this could be taken to mean anything up to barbed wire and punji sticks.

My initial intention was to seal any oversights, however I do see your point. I'll reconsider adjusting this clause to be less inclusive, but if there's more resistance to it, I suppose I'll have to remove it.
"I also question how any of this is actually going to work. Without arms export licensing, and without regulating arms brokers, these regulations are really just scraps of paper, and the fact that there is a legislative prohibition is not likely to do a great deal to address the total scale of the arms trade.

I was considering a regulatory agency with the ability to enforce sanctions on violators, but I was initially skeptical of its necessity. However, I would gladly incorporate something along those lines if you find it necessary. EDIT: Upon further reflection, I find myself in total agreement. I'll add some form of regulatory bureaucracy shortly.
Last edited by Sciongrad on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Natalia Santos, Plenipotentiary and Permanent Scionite Representative to the World Assembly

Ideological Bulwark #271

The Black Hat Guy
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Hat Guy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 pm

I think that I can hesitantly support this resolution.

A suggestion: Add something about armament use against civilians or other innocents. Whether by ones own nation or the intent to use them against the civilians of other nations. This may be already partially covered by other WA resolutions like Convention on Genocide, but I think it's better, for a piece this important, to state it explicitly such that the resolution is not dependent on other resolutions as much as possible, and such that it's explicitly stated and visible.

Point Breeze
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Point Breeze » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:17 pm

I can support this resolution. I do, also, agree with the need for a regulatory agency. Usually I find them unnecessary but this type of crime is devious enough to warrant its own class of punishments.
Thane of WA Affairs for Wintreath

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:23 pm

"Hold on, I think there's been a misunderstanding.

"I wasn't advocating for a WA 'regulatory agency'. I could see how one could be useful, but it's nothing I'm particularly clamouring for. What I'm talking about is national level oversight: that is, requiring nations to license arms exports. Arms exports could only be approved with end-user certification guaranteeing that the would be subject to the regulations of this act. Whether or not some central WA committee has a role in this is of less consequence to me. Equally, only arms brokers who licensed with the nation in question would be permitted to broker arms deals.

"Without this kind of process, there's very little way of assessing whether the arms trades in question are going to be in accord with the terms of this act."

~ Ambassador to the WA Inky Fungschlammer

Alqania
Minister

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alqania » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:19 pm

"Yes, for all that is sacred and valued, if a regulatory bureaucracy is necessary, make it national", Lord Raekevik pleaded.

"In any case, the Queendom would greatly prefer the removal of a, b and c. We have yet to decide whether we are able to support an act with those prohibitions included."
Queendom of Alqania
Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Former Speaker of the Gay Regional Parliament
Represented in the WA by Ambassador Lord Raekevikinfo
and Deputy Ambassador Princess Christineinfo
Author of GA#178
Member of UNOG and the Stonewall Alliance

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:15 pm

"We will need more time to give this draft our proper attention, but you certainly have our tentative support in this endeavour. That support will remain strong if you do not heed Lord Raekevik's advice, stripping the draft of its strongest subclauses, which also garner our strongest support. We love the restriction of sales of armaments to nations involved in any sort of civil or aggressive conflict, and would have serious doubts about a resolution of this sort without such text in place."

Alas, I must prepare for work soon.

Point Breeze
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Point Breeze » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Sure, national agencies can do the job just as well.
Thane of WA Affairs for Wintreath

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:15 pm

You can count on The Federations full support for this proposal, so long as clauses A, B, and C remain, and the World Assembly is given complete oversight.... Without these, this resolution will be nothing more than another feel good resolution, that fails to address the needs it is legislating upon.

Warmest regards,

Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:49 am

2. The sale or transfer of armaments shall be prohibited if:

a.There is reason to suspect that they will be used in such a way that initiates or protracts civil or domestic conflict,

"protracts"?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:27 am

"Prolongs, my fine urrsish friend. A more archaic word, perhaps, but it is apt."

Sciongrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:23 am

The Dark Star Republic wrote:"Hold on, I think there's been a misunderstanding.

"I wasn't advocating for a WA 'regulatory agency'. I could see how one could be useful, but it's nothing I'm particularly clamouring for. What I'm talking about is national level oversight: that is, requiring nations to license arms exports. Arms exports could only be approved with end-user certification guaranteeing that the would be subject to the regulations of this act. Whether or not some central WA committee has a role in this is of less consequence to me. Equally, only arms brokers who licensed with the nation in question would be permitted to broker arms deals.

"Without this kind of process, there's very little way of assessing whether the arms trades in question are going to be in accord with the terms of this act."

In which case, I suppose we weren't exactly in agreement initially, but I'm nonetheless open to your suggestion. I'll incorporate it into the next draft, and I would very much appreciate your feedback. I still see the use of a World Assembly bureaucracy, however it seems as if that's received mixed responses.

Alqania wrote:"Yes, for all that is sacred and valued, if a regulatory bureaucracy is necessary, make it national", Lord Raekevik pleaded.

"In any case, the Queendom would greatly prefer the removal of a, b and c. We have yet to decide whether we are able to support an act with those prohibitions included."

The Scionite delegation has nothing but respect for you and your suggestions, your Excellency, but I fail to see how removing subclauses a, b, and c would accomplish anything aside from gutting the resolution of its entire purpose. I assume your objection is one related to flexibility in foreign policy or something along those lines, but this is not an issue that my delegation sees itself as willing to play around with.
Last edited by Sciongrad on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ideological Bulwark #271

Sciongrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:35 am

The draft has been updated - I've added something along the lines of what was suggested by his Excellency Ambassador Fungschlammer and a definition of the term "transfer," so as to make that clause less ambiguous.
Last edited by Sciongrad on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ideological Bulwark #271

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:56 am

Eireann Fae wrote:"Prolongs, my fine urrsish friend. A more archaic word, perhaps, but it is apt."

"Ah, thank you, I understand now; I was previously more familiar with that term in the context of the 'protractor', which as you presumably know already is a tool for measuring angles.
"So, if a guerilla movement led by would-be tyrants is trying to overthrow a liberal democracy, whose existing government is so peaceable that it has few weapons and is therefore likely to fall quite quickly, this proposal would forbid supplying that legitimate government with enough weapons to give it a fighting chance of defeating those rebels? I don't hrreally like that possibility."

Artorrios o SouthWoods,
ChairBear, Bears Armed Mission at the World Assembly.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:24 pm

From: The Imperial Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Empire of Rio Cana.
RE: Limitations on Armaments Exports.

We find this proposal to be in violation of the internal affairs of other nations.

Also, our Empire currently manufactures AK-47 for domestic use and for export. Not having a very diversified economy, having many unemployed and needing foreign currency, makes us unable to support this proposal.

The Imperial Ministry of foreign Affairs of the Empire of Rio Cana.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Sciongrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:50 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Eireann Fae wrote:"Prolongs, my fine urrsish friend. A more archaic word, perhaps, but it is apt."

"Ah, thank you, I understand now; I was previously more familiar with that term in the context of the 'protractor', which as you presumably know already is a tool for measuring angles.
"So, if a guerrilla movement led by would-be tyrants is trying to overthrow a liberal democracy, whose existing government is so peaceable that it has few weapons and is therefore likely to fall quite quickly, this proposal would forbid supplying that legitimate government with enough weapons to give it a fighting chance of defeating those rebels? I don't hrreally like that possibility."

This is a fair point. How does this sounds:

The aforementioned clause may be waived if there is verifiable evidence to suggest that the transfer of armaments will contribute to restoring or maintaining political stability, and/or if such armaments will be used in such a manner that will maintain or improve the standard of living for the inhabitants of the recipient nation,

Ideological Bulwark #271

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:55 am

Sciongrad wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:"Ah, thank you, I understand now; I was previously more familiar with that term in the context of the 'protractor', which as you presumably know already is a tool for measuring angles.
"So, if a guerrilla movement led by would-be tyrants is trying to overthrow a liberal democracy, whose existing government is so peaceable that it has few weapons and is therefore likely to fall quite quickly, this proposal would forbid supplying that legitimate government with enough weapons to give it a fighting chance of defeating those rebels? I don't hrreally like that possibility."

The aforementioned clause may be waived if there is verifiable evidence to suggest that the transfer of armaments will contribute to restoring or maintaining political stability, and/or if such armaments will be used in such a manner that will maintain or improve the standard of living for the inhabitants of the recipient nation,

Not Eireann Fae, but well uhm, it does protract war, and if so, it doesn't really maintain or restore political stability, no?
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Sciongrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:59 am

Elke and Elba wrote:
Sciongrad wrote:

Not Eireann Fae, but well uhm, it does protract war, and if so, it doesn't really maintain or restore political stability, no?

Protracting war doesn't inherently hurt political stability. If the legitimate government is on the verge of collapse, then prolong the conflict in favor of the government would, in fact, help to resort political stability.

Yours,
Last edited by Sciongrad on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ideological Bulwark #271

Alqania
Minister

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alqania » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:00 am

Sciongrad wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:"Ah, thank you, I understand now; I was previously more familiar with that term in the context of the 'protractor', which as you presumably know already is a tool for measuring angles.

"It sounds like something that would make my previous suggestion moot", opined Lord Raekevik. "The Queendom could probably utilise that exception for all cases otherwise prohibited where we would like to export arms."

Elke and Elba wrote:Not Eireann Fae, but well uhm, it does protract war, and if so, it doesn't really maintain or restore political stability, no?

"The long-term restoration of political stability may necessitate short-term protraction of war", argued Lord Raekevik.
Queendom of Alqania
Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Former Speaker of the Gay Regional Parliament
Represented in the WA by Ambassador Lord Raekevikinfo
and Deputy Ambassador Princess Christineinfo
Author of GA#178
Member of UNOG and the Stonewall Alliance

Sciongrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:06 am

Alqania wrote:"It sounds like something that would make my previous suggestion moot", opined Lord Raekevik. "The Queendom could probably utilise that exception for all cases otherwise prohibited where we would like to export arms."

I'm very glad to hear that, your Excellency. If you have any other concerns or suggestions, I'll gladly hear them.

Ideological Bulwark #271

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:08 am

Sciongrad wrote:
Elke and Elba wrote:Not Eireann Fae, but well uhm, it does protract war, and if so, it doesn't really maintain or restore political stability, no?

Protracting war doesn't inherently hurt political stability. If the legitimate government is on the verge of collapse, then prolong the conflict in favor of the government would, in fact, help to resort political stability. Although I, myself, am ambivalent towards the proposed clause I just wrote...

Yours,

Alqania wrote:

"The long-term restoration of political stability may necessitate short-term protraction of war", argued Lord Raekevik.

Two things to clarify given that I'm utterly confused from the responses:

1) What is "Political Stability" in your own opinions?

2) Using Eireann Fae's context as abovementioned in her post - given that civil war means that the country is already politically unstable, would it not be easier to let the tyrants take over and restore political stability...? :P

(OOC: Not that I support tyrants anyway, I was just questioning the wording of the clause which probably might not see daylight in the resolution since resolution proposer is quite... sceptical about it too.)
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Sciongrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:18 am

Elke and Elba wrote:Two things to clarify given that I'm utterly confused from the responses:

1) What is "Political Stability" in your own opinions?

Knowing that the government will continue to function properly without the risk of being overthrown or toppled by political opponents.

Using Eireann Fae's context as abovementioned in her post - given that civil war means that the country is already politically unstable, would it not be easier to let the tyrants take over and restore political stability...?

If the nation is already in a state of political instability, the clause still includes restoring political stability. Furthermore, ceding power to the tyrant rebels is probably not the best way to accomplish political stability when the rightful government still exists.
Last edited by Sciongrad on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ideological Bulwark #271

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:18 am

Also, as part of the anti-"protraction" aspect of this proposal, how about a clause limiting any member nation (and all firms operating from within its territories) to supplying arms to no more than one side of a conflict?

Sciongrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:22 am

Bears Armed wrote:Also, as part of the anti-"protraction" aspect of this proposal, how about a clause limiting any member nation (and all firms operating from within its territories) to supplying arms to no more than one side of a conflict?

This is something I can support. I'll be sure to integrate this into the proposal shortly. Also, I would appreciate your feedback regarding the clause proposed to satisfy your concerns.

Ideological Bulwark #271

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives