NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Raxus Caedus Turn

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Tim, I've asked Sedge review the use of "forum" and he has deemed it legal.

Edit for grammar.
Last edited by Skyrim Diplomacy on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nansurium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nansurium » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:06 pm

As Emperor of Markarth, I must say that I fully support all efforts to condemn Raxus Caedus Turn's actions including any effort by the World Assembly to hold him responsible for his crimes. To those of you who feel that a founder is justified in forcibly overthrowing the rightful government of his region and imposing martial law, I would like to humbly suggest that you may want to educate yourself regarding the specifics of Markarth's situation before passing judgement.

The founder nation of our region, The Controller, was created to promote a sense of neutrality on the part of Raxus. If our region was threatened by external forces or by internal security risks, Raxus could use the Founder to protect us and provide for the common security. If he desired to have complete control over his region, he should have founded Markarth under the guise of his main nation, not a generic puppet.

Now, with that said, you must also understand the timeline of events leading up to this coup. In June of this year, Raxus Caedus Turn announced that he was retiring as Archemperor. Meshara was named his successor and served our region honorably for roughly a month. During this period, he struggled to force Raxus to relinquish unconstitutional powers he maintained following his retirement, including exclusive control of The Controller and the forums. Raxus continued to act unilaterally, outside of the government and the constitution by ejecting and banning a resident and applicant citizen from both the region and forums. Raxus claimed that this resident was a security risk but would provide no further explanation. This incident forced Meshara resignation and resulted in my succession to the throne of Markarth, a duty I never wanted or desired. At this point, Raxus could have easily returned from retirement and retaken the throne. I would not have opposed him. However he himself encouraged me to take the leadership position, and so I did. For the next two months, I invested countless hours of my time and energy into rebuilding Markarth. During this time, we became aware of Raxus' plans for a coup and took action to prevent them. Unfortunately, there was little we could do to stop him.

So you see, Raxus conceded power to us by retiring, lending our government legitimacy. Raxus made Meshara his successor. Raxus forced Meshara's resignation and could have stepped in to retake control. Instead he encouraged me to become Emperor. Then, two months later he launched a coup against my government.

And the shocking thing is, he has committed similar crimes of dishonesty and dishonor before. Raxus' crimes will not go unpunished this time.
Political Party: Republican (moderate) Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -0.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

"And the Tea Party Hobbits can return to Middle-Earth having defeated Mordor" -John McCain

Global and Comparative Studies Major at Birmingham-Southern College

Punk Reloaded
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Reloaded » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:08 pm

I support this condemnation.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific
Former Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

Punk Reloaded - Retired
Big D Baby - Retired
Punk Daddy - Citizen of TSP

In TWP, we go Commando. - Darkesia

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:10 pm

No Aeazen Combine connections, I'd edit that out.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:No Aeazen Combine connections, I'd edit that out.

I've got multiple sources saying otherwise. :unsure:

Tyconna
Envoy

Founded: Jul 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyconna » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Raxus Caedus Turn clearly wants to start a powerful region by getting others to join with a sense of security and numbers. Puppet nations, in small quantities, and in different regions, are understandable. This case however seems to be a immature player who comes at the "World Domination" approach. This is unattainable and causes flame wars, trolling, and lies (more so than usual). He has a clear political tactic, but I say that we warn him in advance, give him, say a week, to drop his antics and move on. If he doesn't stop, we condemn him/her.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Tyconna wrote:Raxus Caedus Turn clearly wants to start a powerful region by getting others to join with a sense of security and numbers. Puppet nations, in small quantities, and in different regions, are understandable. This case however seems to be a immature player who comes at the "World Domination" approach. This is unattainable and causes flame wars, trolling, and lies (more so than usual). He has a clear political tactic, but I say that we warn him in advance, give him, say a week, to drop his antics and move on. If he doesn't stop, we condemn him/her.

You did see that Turn has done this before with other regions, right? This isn't his first time, so no, I will not be simply dropping the proposal.

Nansurium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nansurium » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Tyconna wrote:Raxus Caedus Turn clearly wants to start a powerful region by getting others to join with a sense of security and numbers. Puppet nations, in small quantities, and in different regions, are understandable. This case however seems to be a immature player who comes at the "World Domination" approach. This is unattainable and causes flame wars, trolling, and lies (more so than usual). He has a clear political tactic, but I say that we warn him in advance, give him, say a week, to drop his antics and move on. If he doesn't stop, we condemn him/her.

I've spent months trying to reason with him, trying to combat him. Raxus has committed himself to seeing his scheme, whatever it might be, through to the finish and he will not change his mind.

Also, on another note, should we attempt to condemn his main nation or The Controller? I feel condemning the controller might give us a better shot at going for a refound of Markarth.
Political Party: Republican (moderate) Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -0.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

"And the Tea Party Hobbits can return to Middle-Earth having defeated Mordor" -John McCain

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Nansurium wrote:I've spent months trying to reason with him, trying to combat him. Raxus has committed himself to seeing his scheme, whatever it might be, through to the finish and he will not change his mind.

Also, on another note, should we attempt to condemn his main nation or The Controller? I feel condemning the controller might give us a better shot at going for a refound of Markarth.

The Controller wasn't active in TGC or Athos, nor did that nation perpetrate the majority of the crimes here. Turn did, hence why this focuses on him.

Nansurium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nansurium » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:58 pm

That makes sense, I suppose.

Lolwutermelon
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolwutermelon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Also a previous member of Markarth. I am in support of this condemnation.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Lolwutermelon wrote:Also a previous member of Markarth. I am in support of this condemnation.

Lol you are still a member of Markarth - that is to say, you are a member of the recognized region of Markarth.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Albul wrote:Everyone has said what they needed and now no one is saying anything relevant to the topic.

That describes pretty much every topic ever posted in NSG.

Sacred Yggdrasil
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Sacred Yggdrasil » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Speaking on behalf of Asgard, we officially support this condemnation. Since we first found out about the treachery of RCT we have attempted to do all we can to bring him to justice. This would be a great step in that process.
Cormac Somerset
Founder and Emperor of Asgard

The Ascended Asgard
Political Columnist

Founded: May 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ascended Asgard » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:50 pm

I even heard before this he banned several members for speaking out against him trying to tell the truth.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:17 am

The Ascended Asgard wrote:I even heard before this he banned several members for speaking out against him trying to tell the truth.

Those allegations have been brought against him, albeit not in a formal case.
We do need to get our judicial system up again, even to try him in absentia.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Albul wrote:Everyone has said what they needed and now no one is saying anything relevant to the topic.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:10 am

Besides the point brought up by Klaus, are there any factual inaccuracies herein or formatting quirks anyone has problems with?

A Million Voices
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby A Million Voices » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:15 am

I wholeheartedly support this proposal.
Silencing an opponent is not the same as converting him.

Zanzar
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanzar » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:20 am

Comming from all of us at House Fireheart in Skyrim we fully support this proposal.
Long time Regional Administration member of Skyrim

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:06 am

A Million Voices wrote:I wholeheartedly support this proposal.

Glad to hear that, sir.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Nansurium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nansurium » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Upon further discussion, with my colleagues in Markarth, I now feel that the reference to the Aeazen Combine would only fuel Raxus' ego. He works very hard to build up a falsified persona as someone who works in the shadows. Associating him with the Aeazen Combine, or any other underground organization, only serves to further this persona. This resolution should attempt to characterize Raxus as a power hungry tyrant. It should not contribute to the persona Raxus is attempting to create for himself.

Also, you should note that the majority of my government left Markarth voluntarily after the closing of the forums and the clearing of the WFE.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Nansurium wrote:Upon further discussion, with my colleagues in Markarth, I now feel that the reference to the Aeazen Combine would only fuel Raxus' ego. He works very hard to build up a falsified persona as someone who works in the shadows. Associating him with the Aeazen Combine, or any other underground organization, only serves to further this persona. This resolution should attempt to characterize Raxus as a power hungry tyrant. It should not contribute to the persona Raxus is attempting to create for himself.

Also, you should note that the majority of my government left Markarth voluntarily after the closing of the forums and the clearing of the WFE.

Very well, after the point being raised twice, I have removed that particular clause. If there are no other outstanding issues, this will be submitted later tonight.

Tyconna
Envoy

Founded: Jul 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyconna » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Nansurium wrote:

I've spent months trying to reason with him, trying to combat him. Raxus has committed himself to seeing his scheme, whatever it might be, through to the finish and he will not change his mind.

I was unaware of this. I support this condemnation.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Meh, got antsy. Submitted!

Delegates can approve the proposal here.

Zirekath
Lobbyist

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zirekath » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:06 pm

As a former member of Markarth, I also support this.
In blood we are bound.

Akern
Civilian

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Support

Postby Akern » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:13 pm

The government of the United Empire support this and the new region of Markarth as the sole representative of the Markarthian people

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives