NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal Condemn Thatcherton

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:45 pm

We support this repeal. :clap: :clap: :bow:
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:31 pm

AMOM will be editing this soon so that Mahaj may submit it later...
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:52 pm

I ended up killing a lot of your clauses that I didn't think were needed and/or conflicted with some of mine.

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING that the destruction of a region is generally frowned upon, however shunning the use of the Security Council to settle petty squabbles such as the one between two nations of "The Federation of Kievan Rus,"

NOTING that the “peaceful region of The Federation of Kievan Rus,” during Thatcherton’s reign as its World Assembly delegate, was so “peaceful” because its twelve to fifteen member nations, many of which could easily have been puppet states of foreign entities, lacked the motivation to cause anything to occur within their region,

FURTHER NOTING that this region’s members, including its founder, also lacked devotion to The Federation of Kievan Rus and did not seek to preserve the region in which they inhabited and noting that this region’s founding nation (which was ultimately ejected by the delegate and just so happened to be under the control of the nation which authored this condemnation) failed to protect the region from Thatcherton despite having the power to do so,

BELIEVING that this region had already been abandoned “to wither into obscurity” by every involved nation but Thatcherton, and thus believing that there was no active regional community to be destroyed by Thatcherton’s actions and that Thatcherton was committing no great evil by putting this region down before it would have inevitably succumbed to stagnation anyway,

DISGUSTED by the hypocrisy committed by "The Wreaked," the author of this condemnation, and noting that The Wreaked urged nations to leave The Federation of Kievan Rus (after the passage of the condemnation of Thatcherton) during other nations' attempts to set up a government for the region,

THUS DISCERNING that The Wreaked took action to prevent "efforts to restore the region to ... glory," which the nation supposedly supported while the condemnation was being voted on,

DISFAVORING the distasteful choice of this resolution’s author to include regions such as The Commonwealth of Crowns and The Empire of United Nations in this condemnation and portray them in a negative light because they were not willing to comply with the persistent and annoying demands of a nation they had never heard from before,

FEARING that this condemnation may have been a way of exacting petty revenge on Thatcherton and on two regions which were not involved in what occurred in The Federation of Kievan Rus, a publicity stunt deliberately carried out by the region’s former founder, and/or a ridiculously misinformed and only partially factual farce (as only about two or three nations have actually claimed to have witnessed what occurred in The Federation of Kievan Rus and these nations’ claims cannot be confirmed by any solid evidence),

HEREBY REPEALS the Condemnation of Thatcherton.

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING that the destruction of a region is generally frowned upon, however shunning the use of the Security Council to settle petty squabbles such as the one between two nations of "The Federation of Kievan Rus,"

NOTING that the “peaceful region of The Federation of Kievan Rus,” during Thatcherton’s reign as its World Assembly delegate, was so “peaceful” because its twelve to fifteen member nations, many of which could easily have been puppet states of foreign entities, lacked the motivation to cause anything to occur within their region,

FURTHER NOTING that this region’s members, including its founder, also lacked devotion to The Federation of Kievan Rus and did not seek to preserve the region in which they inhabited and noting that this region’s founding nation (which was ultimately ejected by the delegate and just so happened to be under the control of the nation which authored this condemnation) failed to protect the region from Thatcherton despite having the power to do so,

BELIEVING that this region had already been abandoned “to wither into obscurity” by every involved nation but Thatcherton, and thus believing that there was no active regional community to be destroyed by Thatcherton’s actions and that Thatcherton was committing no great evil by putting this region down before it would have inevitably succumbed to stagnation anyway,

DISGUSTED by the hypocrisy committed by "The Wreaked," the author of this condemnation, and noting that The Wreaked urged nations to leave The Federation of Kievan Rus (after the passage of the condemnation of Thatcherton) during other nations' attempts to set up a government for the region,

THUS DISCERNING that The Wreaked took action to prevent "efforts to restore the region to ... glory," which the nation supposedly supported while the condemnation was being voted on,

DISFAVORING the distasteful choice of this resolution’s author to include regions such as The Commonwealth of Crowns and The Empire of United Nations in this condemnation and portray them in a negative light because they were not willing to comply with the persistent and annoying demands of a nation they had never heard from before,

FEARING that this condemnation may have been a way of exacting petty revenge on Thatcherton and on two regions which were not involved in what occurred in The Federation of Kievan Rus, a publicity stunt deliberately carried out by the region’s former founder, and/or a ridiculously misinformed and only partially factual farce (as only about two or three nations have actually claimed to have witnessed what occurred in The Federation of Kievan Rus and these nations’ claims cannot be confirmed by any solid evidence),

HEREBY REPEALS the Condemnation of Thatcherton.

Co-Authored by [nation=short]A mean old man[/nation]
Last edited by A mean old man on Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Much improved over the original draft. Still in full support of the repeal.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:25 pm

wow. Impressive, this should be good. Nice work AMOM.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:25 pm

The Tim-Opolis Ambassador looked at Mahaj

So when is this work of art to be submitted? I want to make this my last delegate vote.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:26 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:The Tim-Opolis Ambassador looked at Mahaj

So when is this work of art to be submitted? I want to make this my last delegate vote.

Are you retiring too?? :o

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Tim-Opolis Ambassador looked at Mahaj

Are you retiring too?? :o

:eyebrow:

No.. I'm just going back to raiding...

Are you retiring?

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:40 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:Are you retiring too?? :o

Are you retiring?

Indeed, stepping off the high chair to go back into the military ranks as well. Been too long since I did military work :lol:

BellRose
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby BellRose » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Cesar Calderon stepped forward to his desk. He had to step around one of the Gnomes still trying to install a new computer. Cesar removed the empty box marked Bellrose Computing from his desk so he could address the floor.

"I thank the chair for the time."

"His Nibs Government has spent much time today performing due diligence on this matter. Reviewing old diplomatic cables entered as evidence, and reviewing the debate from the original condemnation of Thatcherton."

"His Nibs Government is also confused as to how the original matter was able to reach quorum. Today's other matters include possible condemnations of Milograd and Automagfreek. The original actions of Thatcherton were clearly not of the same magnitude as the actions of either previous party."

"His nibs feels that condemnation should not happen for a simple matter within one region, such as the claims against Thatcherton. Indeed, His Nibs is of the opinion that the Republic of the Wreaker should be mildly censured for their ongoing vendetta against Thatcherton."

"Sadly, His Nibs Government will not be able to assist in bringing this matter to the Floor of the Security Council. However, when it does, His Nibs Government has every intention of voting to repeal this infamous condemnation order."

"His Nibs Government thanks the chair and yields the floor". With that Cesar again moved back behind his desk. He grabbed his tablet PC off of his chair, and continued to work standing up while the Gnomes attmepted to hook his computer speakers to his keyboard. He shook his head at the poor PC the gnomes had set up completely wrong.

( Bellrose Factbook at http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Bellrose )

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:

Are you retiring?

Indeed, stepping off the high chair to go back into the military ranks as well. Been too long since I did military work :lol:

:hug: ....
Raiding... right? :eyebrow:

IC: Mahaj! Get this proposal submitted!

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:18 pm

Lets see, Tech Test on wednesday, means this gets submitted friday.
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Mahaj wrote:Lets see, Tech Test on wednesday, means this gets submitted friday.

Do you need help campaigning?

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:55 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:Raiding... right? :eyebrow:

Of course ^_^

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:Raiding... right? :eyebrow:

Of course ^_^

:hug:

Raiding Buddies!!! :lol:

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:Of course ^_^

We'll have to get on that sometime :lol:

In other news, I'm surprised Sedge hasn't swooped in here and told us to stay on topic yet....*knocks fervently on wooden desk*

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:17 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:

We'll have to get on that sometime :lol:

In other news, I'm surprised Sedge hasn't swooped in here and told us to stay on topic yet....*knocks fervently on wooden desk*

T'is the season to harm some natives?

Don't do it. And don't talk about it in this thread. Please.

I submit this friday and campaign friday saturday sunday.

Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:18 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:No.. I'm just going back to raiding...

[Facepalm]

Yours in desk-palming,
Last edited by Connopolis on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Connopolis wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:No.. I'm just going back to raiding...

[Facepalm]

Yours in desk-palming,

...You forgot my screw you all in #UDL?

Uni didn't make it public?

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:19 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:We'll have to get on that sometime :lol:

T'is the season to harm some natives?

Once again.

U need help lobbying? I'm totally free this weekend to help.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Mahaj wrote:T'is the season to harm some natives?

Once again.

U need help lobbying? I'm totally free this weekend to help.

I wouldn't mind some help, actually.

Welsh Cowboy
Minister

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Welsh Cowboy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:20 pm

We strongly support this legislation. We were not a member of the WA when this terrible and unjustified condemnation was passed, but we are pleased it will be repealed. We are not a regional delegate, and therefore cannot endorse this legislation, but we will certainly petition our delegate to endorse this repeal, and if and when it comes to the SC floor, we offer our unwavering support.

Your good work is much appreciated.

Delegation to the WA,
Republic of Welsh Cowboy
Champions, 53rd Baptism of Fire

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:50 pm

er... today's not friday. oops.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Mahaj wrote:er... today's not friday. oops.

:lol: :lol: :palm: :palm:

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Mahaj wrote:er... today's not friday. oops.

:lol: :lol: :palm: :palm:

Yeah i'm kinda stupid if you can tell. :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives