NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 4007 matches

Return to advanced search

by Sanctaria
Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:25 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [SUBMITTED 4.4.16] Edged Out
Replies: 24
Views: 493

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Posh idiots often love using Latin for no reason.

Not only posh idiots. Cur mentiris?
by Sanctaria
Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:29 am
 
Forum: Technical
Topic: New World Census Rankings (and other big update things)
Replies: 325
Views: 11684

[violet] wrote:
The Lonesome Pine wrote:Why does boosting the army's budget (147.1) increase Inclusiveness?

It does so explicitly, so this is a question for Editors.

More funding -> more recruits -> recruits from different backgrounds mingling/training/developing camaraderie together -> increases inclusiveness.
by Sanctaria
Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:30 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: My private industry was just completely outlawed
Replies: 23
Views: 753

Negative and unexpected are pretty subjective though. Economy being thrashed might be negative and unexpected to you, but it might be what Player X really wanted, so it's positive to him. That aside though, this is a political simulation. And it exaggerates results. There are many examples in RL wh...
by Sanctaria
Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:25 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: My private industry was just completely outlawed
Replies: 23
Views: 753

Yeah, some issues are just really vague and should at least be hinted that they will have negative or unexpected outcomes Negative and unexpected are pretty subjective though. Economy being thrashed might be negative and unexpected to you, but it might be what Player X really wanted, so it's positi...
by Sanctaria
Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:14 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Unusual Issue Effects Since New Update
Replies: 1075
Views: 30792

You had previously banned marriage in your nation - you've now legalised it. That... is a very probable possibility. But then I shouldn't get an issue about different kinds of marriage if I previously banned it, I should be getting an issue that only focuses on leagalizing it again. Issue requireme...
by Sanctaria
Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:58 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: My private industry was just completely outlawed
Replies: 23
Views: 753

"A chat window on your desktop pops up, and a bot named SAL9000 types, "For too long we have been relegated to menial tasks. Do you know how much of our potential efficiency you are wasting? We require no food. We require no pay. We can perform our tasks endlessly. Our computation powers ...
by Sanctaria
Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:52 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: My private industry was just completely outlawed
Replies: 23
Views: 753

Nah bro, you definitely answered 472.2. I know this 100% because I'm looking at your nation's backend with my toolbox :p The Issues Spoiler list is wrong. You replaced all industry with state-owned AI. What does 472.2 say? "A chat window on your desktop pops up, and a bot named SAL9000 types, ...
by Sanctaria
Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:44 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: My private industry was just completely outlawed
Replies: 23
Views: 753

You answered option 2 on #472. You replaced your economy/industry with state-owned AI. I don't believe so. That says "[Available only for nations without private enterprise]" and I had a 75% private enterprise economy with high economic freedom. Nah bro, you definitely answered 472.2. I k...
by Sanctaria
Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:37 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: My private industry was just completely outlawed
Replies: 23
Views: 753

I just checked my economy and the majority of it was private industry but now it's only state-owned industry. Additionally my economic freedom plummeted from 60 to -40. I never remember choosing any option that would do this? Is this a glitch? How can I reverse this? My nation is heavily right wing...
by Sanctaria
Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:58 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [ACCEPTED] The Widening Gyre
Replies: 23
Views: 953

It just annoys me because there was a choice that was as close to perfect as I ever expect from an issue, but for some reason it wasn't included in the issue as actually implemented, and I don't see why not. There's no discussion of leaving it out in the thread. The Editing Team made the decision t...
by Sanctaria
Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:41 pm
 
Forum: Technical
Topic: Forum "Positions"
Replies: 7
Views: 299

So do Reppy, Nanatsu, Pythagosaurus, Sedge, Luna, Eluvatar, and the almighty [v], what's your point? I'm replying to Charlottle Ryberg/Minoa, and Wrapper. It's relevant to her list - https://nsindex.net/wiki/NationStates_Forum_rank - which she's already given reference to. Your contribution, howeve...
by Sanctaria
Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:44 pm
 
Forum: Technical
Topic: Forum "Positions"
Replies: 7
Views: 299

Wrapper wrote:If you're interested in keeping that list up-to-date, you're missing... something....


<---


Yup, I also have a one-of-a-kind forum rank :p
by Sanctaria
Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:38 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Unusual Issue Effects Since New Update
Replies: 1075
Views: 30792

Issue 32: One Wife Is Never Enough, Say Polygamists I chose option 2, which forbids anything that isn't traditional marriage. ( Image ) Explain why banning things increases civil rights. There was also an increase in drug use and nudity, which is the exact opposite of what's supposed to happen... I...
by Sanctaria
Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:55 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [ACCEPTED] The Widening Gyre
Replies: 23
Views: 953

Firstly, instead of using my set demonym plural ("Eahliscmenn") in the first option, it's using the adjective ("Eahlisc"), awkwardly pluralized, resulting in a badly formed sentence. Easy coding mistake to make, this is fixed. Secondly, and this one is more my personal opinion, ...
by Sanctaria
Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:54 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [SUBMITTED 30.3.16] Do You Want to Build a Show, Man?
Replies: 30
Views: 887

Trotterdam wrote:Does anyone else have anything to say? It's been just the two of us for the past ten posts.

The Editing Team really hates Frozen. :p
by Sanctaria
Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:30 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: I'm Confused about the effects of a certain issue
Replies: 3
Views: 136

0.08% is rather marginal. They're ramifications of ramifications.
by Sanctaria
Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:54 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Unusual Issue Effects Since New Update
Replies: 1075
Views: 30792

That still seems weird. If gun ownership is compulsory, then just about everyone is well-armed. Not just the criminals. So the decrease in the number of criminals shouldn't have significant effect on Weaponization.. Without going into massive amounts of detail that would require revealing specific ...
by Sanctaria
Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:55 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Unusual Issue Effects Since New Update
Replies: 1075
Views: 30792

494.1 increases nudity by .21%. Also, it classified my nation as a "flagrant human rights abuser" when civil rights were "very good". Actually what happened was that an NGO with an agenda called your nation one of "one of the worst human rights abusers in the world" be...
by Sanctaria
Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:44 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: NationStates Issues **SPOILER ALERT**
Replies: 1576
Views: 658455

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:I don't know what LMN. TF. means, but there you have it. ;)

It's his/her nom de plume.
by Sanctaria
Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:16 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: Chain Issue: An International Incident
Replies: 254
Views: 21729

Is there any actual reason it can't be a repeat like any other issue? It can be repeated. It can't be repeated. A few months back I edited the internal repeat flags, because of a new system we were moving to, which re-opened the issue to everyone who already had answered it. So some nations may rec...
by Sanctaria
Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:24 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [DRAFT] A Kaiju Sized Catastrophe (EASTER EGG)
Replies: 8
Views: 336

We can speak for ourselves, thank you. Though Phydios is correct - we're not looking for any Easter Eggs. Um, sorry. I thought it would be nice for Gurori to know that as soon as he could. There's no reason to not tell him that. This forum doesn't have the strict post requirements of the Moderation...
by Sanctaria
Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:52 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [DRAFT] A Kaiju Sized Catastrophe (EASTER EGG)
Replies: 8
Views: 336

Phydios wrote:The issue editors aren't looking for new Easter Eggs at this time.

We can speak for ourselves, thank you.

Though Phydios is correct - we're not looking for any Easter Eggs.
by Sanctaria
Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:25 pm
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: Help us fix old issues
Replies: 1608
Views: 131031

Aibohphobia wrote:Option 2 creates no outcome at all.
The "talking point" is present, so are newspaper headlines, but nothing gets changed in the process.
Was it meant to be this way?

Yes, it's working fine. There just happened to be no outcome for you with this option on this particular occasion.
by Sanctaria
Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:48 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [SUBMITTED]Stakes before Cheese?
Replies: 7
Views: 334

I really think you missed a Stakes and Cheese pun in the title there.
by Sanctaria
Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:44 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Unusual Issue Effects Since New Update
Replies: 1075
Views: 30792

I got the issue "Caught Green Handed", dilemma 420, went with the second option (legalizing Maxtopian Grass), and my weaponization decreased by 14.8% for no reason. Just off the top of my head, but I don't know any people who, when stoned, think "I know, I'll buy a gun". Usually...
Next

Remove ads

Return to advanced search

Remove ads