NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 8946 matches

Return to advanced search

by Tubbsalot
Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:59 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Proxies, Coups, Commies, oh my!
Replies: 174
Views: 1617

Communism had to be stopped at any cost Well, no. I think most people would agree that stopping communism shouldn't be stopped if it meant a nuclear holocaust, for example. This is incorrect. And while the U.S. backed regimes did very bad things, they are venerable saints when it comes to what Comm...
by Tubbsalot
Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:32 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Palestinians to be banned from West Bank settlers’ buses
Replies: 288
Views: 1970

Edward Scissorhands wrote:Aww, did I hurt your little Zionist fweelings?

I don't know, I didn't read your post. I generally support the Palestinians, though.
by Tubbsalot
Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:25 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Palestinians to be banned from West Bank settlers’ buses
Replies: 288
Views: 1970

Edward Scissorhands wrote:Israhell

I'm just going to assume you're wrong about whatever you're talking about.
by Tubbsalot
Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:05 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Asda faces mass legal action over equal pay for women
Replies: 305
Views: 2457

that would be sexist, because misogyny, because feminism. Oh those stupid women want to be more equal than men!! God what a bunch of frigid man-hating feminazis!!!!!! This is clearly another example of how feminism is actually about female supremacoh wait: "The majority of those affected are w...
by Tubbsalot
Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:47 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: NHS waiting times kill
Replies: 122
Views: 1038

I get that anyone dying from having to wait is a tragedy, but we have to be goddamn realistic here. I'm not sure what part of speedy healthcare seems reality-breaking to you, but to me that looks like - at worst - an appropriate goal. You've managed to skip over my multiple responses to posters? Ov...
by Tubbsalot
Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: NHS waiting times kill
Replies: 122
Views: 1038

Frazers wrote:
Auroya wrote:Also, I noticed you have the Daily Fail as your source.

Attack the argument. Don't take the lazy route.

All well and good, but I'd note you haven't actually responded to anyone else. What do you propose are the major weaknesses in the system, if not a lack of funding?
by Tubbsalot
Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:22 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: NHS waiting times kill
Replies: 122
Views: 1038

The Rich Port wrote:You know what kills more people?

Not going to the doctor at all because you can't afford it.

Pretty sure they weren't calling for the abolition of public healthcare.
by Tubbsalot
Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:05 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Indian boy burnt to death over a stray goat: police
Replies: 103
Views: 1433

Rhodisia wrote:India, a modern and westernized country

I can't imagine how anyone could possibly make this mistake.
by Tubbsalot
Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:03 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: NHS waiting times kill
Replies: 122
Views: 1038

I'm not sure how to fix it but certainly money alone isn't the answer But, I mean, are you sure? Because maybe that is the answer. I haven't looked at the numbers here but it's always a good move politically to crush budgets unless you're engaging in a high-visibility Improvement Of Publicly-Funded...
by Tubbsalot
Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:38 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Upcoming Global Economy Crash?
Replies: 24
Views: 392

...the economy is still recovering from the last crash. It has yet to return to historically expected values, which suggests the market isn't generally overvalued. Which means it can't crash. Maybe in a very limited way (e.g. the housing market of a particular country), but speaking more broadly, if...
by Tubbsalot
Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:38 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Wisconsin Militia Plans To Intimidate Democratic Voters
Replies: 334
Views: 4196

They're not even trying to be subtle about this anymore. It's blatant voter intimidation. And when you say "they," are you referring to all Republicans? Or just this particular militia? And if the latter, why would you even bother noting it, considering it's already obvious from the title...
by Tubbsalot
Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:38 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: People's Climate March
Replies: 220
Views: 2093

Blackwing Coast wrote:By now even the governments are waking up and switching to renewables (China has reduced its coal imports!)

Given that China is the world's largest producer of coal, I feel like you are probably attributing this to the wrong cause.
by Tubbsalot
Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:21 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: People's Climate March
Replies: 220
Views: 2093

the ozone layer also has nothing to do with climate change oh yeah, the issue with ozone is that the O 3 molecule is broken down in the atmosphere by halogenated molecules like CFCs, causing an ozone hole which allows large quantities of UV through. this is a concern because of cancer. it also resu...
by Tubbsalot
Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:48 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: People's Climate March
Replies: 220
Views: 2093

the ozone layer also has nothing to do with climate change, and for fuck's sake of course communist systems wouldn't inherently mean environmental friendliness, why is anyone pretending otherwise
by Tubbsalot
Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:16 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: People's Climate March
Replies: 220
Views: 2093

Except, it does. Its been capitalism (the fossil fuel industry in particular) that has been keeping us from implementing more effective changes to combat rising C02 levels and other forms of pollution. Again, that's a problem with the government, not a problem with capitalism. (Or rather it is a pr...
by Tubbsalot
Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:13 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: People's Climate March
Replies: 220
Views: 2093

This isn't really anything to do with capitalism. Kinda does. Unregulated capitalism led to our dependency on oil, depending on who you ask of course. I would tend to emphasise the "unregulated" part of that sentence. Capitalism is just a way to encourage economic activity. If we want to ...
by Tubbsalot
Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:06 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: People's Climate March
Replies: 220
Views: 2093

4years wrote:Of course I am in completely solidarity with those who seek to save the planet from the ravages of capitalism.

This isn't really anything to do with capitalism.
by Tubbsalot
Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:31 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Time to End Human (as opposed to probe) Space Exploration?
Replies: 223
Views: 1786

It was pretty crucial. : No it wasn't. They developed digital image processing, which is only tangentially related to MRI. MRI is just a more elaborate form of NMR, which has been around since the 40s. And the origins of the technology would not have been developed without the challenges posed by t...
by Tubbsalot
Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:27 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Time to End Human (as opposed to probe) Space Exploration?
Replies: 223
Views: 1786

Wrong. Mechanisms like the MRI originate from the lunar mission. ...er, are you referring to magnetic resonance imaging? If so, no it does not. That's not the case. Challenges posed by the mission lead to solutions that, when modified, led to practical application here on Earth. It doesn't seem lik...
by Tubbsalot
Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:50 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Time to End Human (as opposed to probe) Space Exploration?
Replies: 223
Views: 1786

The exact same argument was made back then. What exactly did the lunar mission do that couldn't be done on Earth? Allowed us to put things on the moon, which is useful for tracking its orbit around the Earth. Gave us the ability to do slightly more in-depth analysis of lunar turf. Not a lot else. I...
by Tubbsalot
Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:38 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Time to End Human (as opposed to probe) Space Exploration?
Replies: 223
Views: 1786

I fail to see how. Then you clearly didn't look into at all, considering the vast discoveries made because of space exploration that have practical applications on Earth. This isn't the 1950s. How would it help us to dump a bunch of humans on Mars? What can we do there which we can't do anywhere el...
by Tubbsalot
Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:55 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Time to End Human (as opposed to probe) Space Exploration?
Replies: 223
Views: 1786

And human exploration helps people. I fail to see how. But again, I don't care whether the species exists for one billion years or two. At some point humanity will cease to exist. This argument can be made against any type of research, especially anything theoretical. Again, I don't see how. Just t...
by Tubbsalot
Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:47 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Time to End Human (as opposed to probe) Space Exploration?
Replies: 223
Views: 1786

Why don't you seem to care about the generations of people living when the Earth no longer supports life? I thought you said you cared about human lives? At some point humans will die out. It's going to happen exactly once. Why should I care when that happens? Species-lethal asteroid impacts are mo...
by Tubbsalot
Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:50 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Time to End Human (as opposed to probe) Space Exploration?
Replies: 223
Views: 1786

So then why do anything designed to create a sustaining society? Why research anything if you won't directly benefit from it? Because I care about other people. But again, I don't care whether the species exists for one billion years or two. At some point humanity will cease to exist. I'm willing t...
by Tubbsalot
Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:09 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Time to End Human (as opposed to probe) Space Exploration?
Replies: 223
Views: 1786

Then there isn't much of a point in doing anything is there? Sure there is. I like eating delicious food, for example, so I'm going to try to ensure that I can eat delicious food whenever I like. However, there's no real value in extending the existence of humanity by however many years. I don't ca...
Next

Remove ads

Return to advanced search

Remove ads