NATION

PASSWORD

The Red Baron (Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

British Arzelentaxmacone
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby British Arzelentaxmacone » Sat May 04, 2024 10:33 am

Arakhkhar wrote:
British Arzelentaxmacone wrote:
Olaf giggled with mirth. “I hope we will. The Arakhkhari language is.. quite different to Arzelent. My native tongue’s phrase for introduction is..”

He clears his throat, and begins speaking, the voice sounding far more natural as he rolled his “r’s”, his hidden accent tinging each word as he smiled. “Terve. Min nøm est Olaf, mit est sinä nom?”

“Or, in English, ‘hello, my name is Olaf, what is your name?’” He grinned, his eyes sparkling with glee, it seeming that he didn’t speak it often.

The Baroness giggles with this little language exchange, as she attempts to speak Arzelent.
She speaks rather gracefully - but with an Arakhkhari accent on the words.
"Terve, Olaf. Min nøm est Vana."
"How was that?"

He smiled again, looking happier than ever before, gazing into her eyes with a visible look of pure love. “That was.. perfect. Your pronunciation is excellent.”
Last edited by British Arzelentaxmacone on Sat May 04, 2024 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Too authoritarian? Yeah I get that a lot.

Proud member or observer of the GSC, ISD, IED, InterCOM, FIRE, 1st signatory to the Shieldstan declaration of banning slavery and author of the Proclamation on the Rights of the Individual.

MT Nation, year 2023, Not based on my IRL Views.

Arakhkhar
Minister

Founded: Jan 03, 2024
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Sun May 05, 2024 12:54 am

The Baroness blushes a bit.
“Well, I don’t know… I think I still have something of an accent, although that’s not unexpected…”
”In a civilized society, there are always people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded."
Imperial Principality of Arakhkhar
Founder of the International Security Directorate.

Wherever applicable, factbooks/dispatches take precedence over stats for RP.

British Arzelentaxmacone
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby British Arzelentaxmacone » Sun May 05, 2024 1:17 am

Arakhkhar wrote:The Baroness blushes a bit.
“Well, I don’t know… I think I still have something of an accent, although that’s not unexpected…”

“Aside from the accent, your pronunciation is perfect, really. Arzelent is notoriously difficult to speak for non native speakers - for somebody who’s never spoken it before, you did very well.” Olaf said sincerely, with a gleeful smile as he took another bite of his food.

Terve, Vana. Dobry seară.” He grinned, rolling his “r’s” with a slight Arzelent accent as he spoke in his native language once more. “That translates to ‘good evening.”
Last edited by British Arzelentaxmacone on Sun May 05, 2024 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Proud member or observer of the GSC, ISD, IED, InterCOM, FIRE, 1st signatory to the Shieldstan declaration of banning slavery and author of the Proclamation on the Rights of the Individual.

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Sun May 05, 2024 1:06 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:The Baroness blushes a bit.

“Aside from the accent, your pronunciation is perfect, really. Arzelent is notoriously difficult to speak for non native speakers - for somebody who’s never spoken it before, you did very well.” Olaf said sincerely, with a gleeful smile as he took another bite of his food.

Terve, Vana. Dobry seară.” He grinned, rolling his “r’s” with a slight Arzelent accent as he spoke in his native language once more. “That translates to ‘good evening.”

Vana chuckles a bit, before speaking once more in her native language.
“Tsuna, Olaf. Khoroayrik.”
“Such would also translate to Good Evening…”
She gestured towards the sturgeon caviar.
“Have you ever tried caviar, Baron?
”In a civilized society, there are always people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded."

British Arzelentaxmacone
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby British Arzelentaxmacone » Sun May 05, 2024 1:13 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:

“No, never. It’s always been too expensive for my family.” He smiled, and looked over at it with a thoughtful expression. “I do wonder what it’s like, though.. I take it you’ve had it before?”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Sun May 05, 2024 1:37 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:

“No, never. It’s always been too expensive for my family.” He smiled, and looked over at it with a thoughtful expression. “I do wonder what it’s like, though.. I take it you’ve had it before?”

"Oh, I quite frequently have it. It's domestically produced, you know?"
She cuts a small slice of bread.
"You typically put it with bread, as a little coating. They're salty, and each one is like a little burst of flavor. It's delicious, truly. Also, rather expensive."

British Arzelentaxmacone
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby British Arzelentaxmacone » Sun May 05, 2024 1:41 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:

"You typically put it with bread, as a little coating. They're salty, and each one is like a little burst of flavor. It's delicious, truly. Also, rather expensive."

“That sounds nice.”

He takes a little bread himself, and stares at the caviar with a hesitant yet also curious look. “May I.. try some?”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Sun May 05, 2024 1:43 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:

“That sounds nice.”

He takes a little bread himself, and stares at the caviar with a hesitant yet also curious look. “May I.. try some?”

The Baroness looks rather surprised.
"I wouldn't have offered, if not to let you try it. By all means, go ahead."

British Arzelentaxmacone
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby British Arzelentaxmacone » Sun May 05, 2024 1:46 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
British Arzelentaxmacone wrote:“That sounds nice.”

He notes her surprised looks, and smiled slightly awkwardly. “Sorry, I just, wasn’t sure whether I could try it. But thank you, it looks good.”

Scooping a relatively small amount of the caviar, he places it upon the bread, and bites into it hesitantly.

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Sun May 05, 2024 1:53 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:

He notes her surprised looks, and smiled slightly awkwardly. “Sorry, I just, wasn’t sure whether I could try it. But thank you, it looks good.”

Scooping a relatively small amount of the caviar, he places it upon the bread, and bites into it hesitantly.

The Baroness spoke.
"You don't have to be so... stingy with it. Caviar is best enjoyed with a good amount - not too much, not too little."
She grabbed a slice of bread for herself, and gave it what she perceived to be a good amount of caviar.
"Like so."

British Arzelentaxmacone
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby British Arzelentaxmacone » Sun May 05, 2024 1:58 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:

The Baroness spoke.
"You don't have to be so... stingy with it. Caviar is best enjoyed with a good amount - not too much, not too little."
She grabbed a slice of bread for herself, and gave it what she perceived to be a good amount of caviar.
"Like so."

He follows suit, and scooped up a somewhat larger amount, whilst still not taking too much, before biting into the caviar-laden bread with a warm smile. “It’s.. delicious.” Olaf grinned enthusiastically, taking another bite with a content look.

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon May 06, 2024 3:20 pm

“I am quite glad you like it.”
The Baroness smiles.
She seems somewhat pensive.
“Olaf…”
“The last time you were in the hospital, I was quite worried. Jobs change… if you should have a… change in career, I want to keep in contact.”

British Arzelentaxmacone
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby British Arzelentaxmacone » Mon May 06, 2024 10:29 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:“I am quite glad you like it.”
The Baroness smiles.
“Olaf…”
“The last time you were in the hospital, I was quite worried. Jobs change… if you should have a… change in career, I want to keep in contact.”

“I would like that as well. How do you suggest we keep in touch with eachother, then?” He smiled. “Perhaps we could exchange phone numbers sometime, or something along those lines?”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon May 06, 2024 11:00 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:“I am quite glad you like it.”
The Baroness smiles.
“Olaf…”

“I would like that as well. How do you suggest we keep in touch with eachother, then?” He smiled. “Perhaps we could exchange phone numbers sometime, or something along those lines?”

The Baroness retrieves her encrypted communicator.
"Can you hand me your phone, please?"
She blinks coyly.

British Arzelentaxmacone
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby British Arzelentaxmacone » Tue May 07, 2024 12:00 am

Arakhkhar wrote:

She blinks coyly.

Olaf blushes ever so slightly as he hands her his phone, a rather small device with a cracked screen from years of usage. “Here you are. It’s battered, but it works well enough.” He smiled wryly.

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Tue May 07, 2024 12:03 am

Arakhkhar wrote:
She blinks coyly.

Olaf blushes ever so slightly as he hands her his phone, a rather small device with a cracked screen from years of usage. “Here you are. It’s battered, but it works well enough.” He smiled wryly.

The Baroness retrieves a small chip from her communicator, and plugs it into Olaf’s phone.
“This’ll install a small decryption method keyed to my communicator. Only this phone will be able to decrypt my messages. It’ll also automatically encrypt messages sent to me, although you can turn that off. It also installed some contact information… and…”
The phone lets a small ‘ding.’
“Done.”

EuropeanConfederation
Civilian

Founded: Apr 12, 2024
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby EuropeanConfederation » Tue May 07, 2024 12:19 am

:clap: :kiss: :)

British Arzelentaxmacone
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby British Arzelentaxmacone » Tue May 07, 2024 1:14 am

Arakhkhar wrote:

The Baroness retrieves a small chip from her communicator, and plugs it into Olaf’s phone.
“This’ll install a small decryption method keyed to my communicator. Only this phone will be able to decrypt my messages. It’ll also automatically encrypt messages sent to me, although you can turn that off. It also installed some contact information… and…”
“Done.”

He grins, looking gleefully at the phone. “Perfect. So, if I understand correctly, this will enable us to stay in touch without any fear of external interference, right?”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Tue May 07, 2024 8:15 am

Arakhkhar wrote:
“Done.”

He grins, looking gleefully at the phone. “Perfect. So, if I understand correctly, this will enable us to stay in touch without any fear of external interference, right?”

“Indeed - it’s basically given your phone a new capability.”
The Baroness takes a bite of bread covered with caviar.
She finishes, and speaks again.
“Delectable… anyways, it has given your phone instantaneous encrypted communications with my communicator.”

British Arzelentaxmacone
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby British Arzelentaxmacone » Tue May 07, 2024 9:29 am

Arakhkhar wrote:
British Arzelentaxmacone wrote:He grins, looking gleefully at the phone. “Perfect. So, if I understand correctly, this will enable us to stay in touch without any fear of external interference, right?”

“Indeed - it’s basically given your phone a new capability.”
The Baroness takes a bite of bread covered with caviar.
She finishes, and speaks again.
“Delectable… anyways, it has given your phone instantaneous encrypted communications with my communicator.”

“Brilliant, that will be great.” He says, and ponders something thoughtfully for a few seconds. “I’ve had a lovely time having dinner with you so far, Vana.. perhaps another way to stay in touch could be to.. go out and have a meal together sometime, or something. It could be.. fun.” Olaf suggested, with a slightly awkward smile that betrayed the fact he wasn’t exactly adept at this sort of thing. “Only if you were interested, of course.”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Tue May 07, 2024 9:55 pm

"Hmm."
The Baroness takes a sip of wine, her eyes portraying a little coyness.
"I'd love that. Perhaps at my estate? Or perhaps at your home in Skei-Skil?"

British Arzelentaxmacone
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby British Arzelentaxmacone » Tue May 07, 2024 11:08 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:"Hmm."

“Ah.. well.” He thinks, and sips his own wine. He hadn’t had it in years, and his eyebrows raised with surprise at how nice the beverage tasted. “It’s up to you, really. Maybe your estate could be nice, since it’s in Arakhkhar itself.. or if you’d rather we could go and have dinner at my place in Skei-Skil. Which one would you rather?”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Wed May 08, 2024 8:43 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:"Hmm."

“Ah.. well.” He thinks, and sips his own wine. He hadn’t had it in years, and his eyebrows raised with surprise at how nice the beverage tasted. “It’s up to you, really. Maybe your estate could be nice, since it’s in Arakhkhar itself.. or if you’d rather we could go and have dinner at my place in Skei-Skil. Which one would you rather?”

"It depends, really. BA is still... unstable."
"Although, it would still be interesting to visit, no doubt."
She sips her own wine, with a conscious familiarity.
"My estate is rather lovely, if I might say so. I own a vineyard, there."
She tilts her head.
"You know, as a Baron, you can own property in Arakhkhar."
Realizing that it could be interpreted several ways, as per what counted as property in Arakhkhar, she elaborated.
"Land, I mean."

British Arzelentaxmacone
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby British Arzelentaxmacone » Wed May 08, 2024 11:17 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:

"It depends, really. BA is still... unstable."
"Although, it would still be interesting to visit, no doubt."
She sips her own wine, with a conscious familiarity.
"My estate is rather lovely, if I might say so. I own a vineyard, there."
She tilts her head.
"You know, as a Baron, you can own property in Arakhkhar."
Realizing that it could be interpreted several ways, as per what counted as property in Arakhkhar, she elaborated.
"Land, I mean."

He nods. “Yes, I have thought about that.. perhaps it would be nice to own my own property in Arakhkhar. I’ve never really owned my own land before; back home, the government didn’t allow me to live in the palace, so I had to live in a nearby apartment instead that I rented out. But I confess.. I would be nice to own my own property.” Olaf smiled thoughtfully, and sipped some more wine.

“You are right, BA is unstable. And I don’t want to risk either of us getting hurt there… Your estate does sound lovely, like you said. Perhaps, if you were up for it, we could have dinner there instead?” He suggested. “That could be nice.”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Wed May 08, 2024 11:27 pm

He nods. “Yes, I have thought about that.. perhaps it would be nice to own my own property in Arakhkhar. I’ve never really owned my own land before; back home, the government didn’t allow me to live in the palace, so I had to live in a nearby apartment instead that I rented out. But I confess.. I would be nice to own my own property.” Olaf smiled thoughtfully, and sipped some more wine.

“You are right, BA is unstable. And I don’t want to risk either of us getting hurt there… Your estate does sound lovely, like you said. Perhaps, if you were up for it, we could have dinner there instead?” He suggested. “That could be nice.”

The Baroness smiles, and sips her wine.
"That can be arranged."
She looks a little concerned about what Olaf would think of her - as any prominent Arakhkhari noblewoman, she, of course, has slaves - servants, mainly. It would be something they would have to reconcile, sooner or later.
She out such thoughts aside for a moment.
"You know, there is a proposal for a governmental reform in Arakhkhar. Streamlining the system, and whatnot. Merging Departments and Ministries into one organ, held-together by an Intendant-General, who in turn, answers to the Vicereine. Of course, there is also another portion - an actual legislature. Nobles can elect delegates from amongst themselves... the Vicereine, of course, approves legislature. I believe you'd have the right to vote, there... not to run, of course."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates