NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Always Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 06, 2024 12:20 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Those are some good posts, Hana, Melon. A curious juxtaposition of standpoints on both faith as familiar and faith as foreign. I always find myself thinking of more things to elaborate upon, but never in possession of enough time.

Maybe if you elaborate enough one of these days we can sit down and come together as people of differing faiths, but who all believe in the same core goodness.

Ew, heathens who believe in multiple paths to salvation.

Quoth the God-Man: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon May 06, 2024 1:45 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Maybe if you elaborate enough one of these days we can sit down and come together as people of differing faiths, but who all believe in the same core goodness.

Quoth the God-Man: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Aaaand this is why the Imperium will not be allowed in The Golden Chain
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 06, 2024 2:05 pm

Aaaand this is why the Imperium will not be allowed in The Golden Chain

The Golden Chain is, fundamentally, cringeworthy.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon May 06, 2024 2:57 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Aaaand this is why the Imperium will not be allowed in The Golden Chain

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

If you would reject righteousness because you find its appearance ugly you will find no rightiousness appealing in an ugly world. How many good deeds could have been done? How many spared the suffering of this world? Had the men of iron's hearts not been made of stone.
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Mon May 06, 2024 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon May 06, 2024 3:05 pm

Maybe up there in the imperium you can get away with faith without works, but down here in the south its ALL about what you do boyyyyy

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 06, 2024 3:23 pm

If you would reject righteousness because you find its appearance ugly you will find no rightiousness appealing in an ugly world. How many good deeds could have been done? How many spared the suffering of this world? Had the men of iron's hearts not been made of stone.

Ah, but the inverse is the far greater concern - is it not proper to reject hypocrisy when it garbs itself as piety? The appearance may seem fair, but feel foul, for man is desperately wicked and does nothing but wickedness. A man may strain the sea of iniquity with his thimble and count himself a follower after good deeds, but if he alters not the fundamental axiom of sin, he is only puffed up with pride; he sets himself up as arbiter of 'good' and 'evil', and places the Created above the Creator, idolatry of the highest form.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon May 06, 2024 3:36 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:If you would reject righteousness because you find its appearance ugly you will find no rightiousness appealing in an ugly world. How many good deeds could have been done? How many spared the suffering of this world? Had the men of iron's hearts not been made of stone.

Ah, but the inverse is the far greater concern - is it not proper to reject hypocrisy when it garbs itself as piety? The appearance may seem fair, but feel foul, for man is desperately wicked and does nothing but wickedness. A man may strain the sea of iniquity with his thimble and count himself a follower after good deeds, but if he alters not the fundamental axiom of sin, he is only puffed up with pride; he sets himself up as arbiter of 'good' and 'evil', and places the Created above the Creator, idolatry of the highest form.

Perhaps to you man is only wicked, but I disagree. For if God is everywhere, and the source of all things: then surely god is also in man. And that sliver of God is revealed us when righteous acts are done. We can see it within the eyes of the hungry child. Within the heart of the penitent man. If you should deprive yourself of that revelation, be my guest. But it is not the man who follows the Sharia who is filled with pride. It is the man who embraces apathy to evil because he who does good does not think the same way as him.
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Mon May 06, 2024 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon May 06, 2024 3:40 pm

See this is why I need the Gishimmari faith to spread more. So we can have these discussions in character! G, give me a freebee convert up to Troy and we can really start talking

Hanajima
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 29, 2023
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Hanajima » Mon May 06, 2024 3:41 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Aaaand this is why the Imperium will not be allowed in The Golden Chain

I mean, to be fair, uniting against the Protestant Goose just makes sense geopolitically.
Resident Drowned Victorian Waif (he/him)
Li Zhi wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Imāmiyya Shīʿa Muslim

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 06, 2024 3:45 pm

Hanajima wrote:

I mean, to be fair, uniting against the Protestant Goose just makes sense geopolitically.

"The goose of black and white honks at midnight - midnight for all those who stand against mankind."

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon May 06, 2024 3:48 pm

Hanajima wrote:

"The goose of black and white honks at midnight - midnight for all those who stand against mankind."

"mankind"
>looks at map
>1/8th of europe
Makes sense

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 06, 2024 3:49 pm

"mankind"
>looks at map
>1/8th of europe
Makes sense

Well, obviously we can't count the barbaroi. They make dreadful noises with their mouths, like bar bar bar. Dreadfully unenlightened. 'tis only a matter of time though before they can be civilized

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon May 06, 2024 3:50 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:"mankind"
>looks at map
>1/8th of europe
Makes sense

Well, obviously we can't count the barbaroi. They make dreadful noises with their mouths, like bar bar bar. Dreadfully unenlightened. 'tis only a matter of time though before they can be civilized

This is why we need the golden chain, Hana

Tesserach
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 25, 2021

Postby Tesserach » Mon May 06, 2024 6:27 pm

There is no good.
There is no evil.
There is no self.
There is only the end of illusion.

This is The Way.
Pndapetzim

Observation Post 13
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 10, 2021

Postby Observation Post 13 » Mon May 06, 2024 10:59 pm

Hey guys, I did a short 1 year time skip to develop my character's character, then I'll catch up to the current timeline with a bigger 9 year timeskip

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue May 07, 2024 1:55 am

Tesserach wrote:There is no good.
There is no evil.
There is no self.
There is only the end of illusion.

This is The Way.

Tess I need you to join the golden chain and Im not even joking Olifia would embrace your guys so hard
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Tue May 07, 2024 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hanajima
Lobbyist

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Hanajima » Tue May 07, 2024 1:59 am

This is why we need the golden chain, Hana

The chain part makes it sound like we're the ones who're going to be subdued lol.
Li Zhi wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Imāmiyya Shīʿa Muslim

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 07, 2024 3:41 am

Hanajima wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:This is why we need the golden chain, Hana

The chain part makes it sound like we're the ones who're going to be subdued lol.

The Golden Chain will keep you in bondage to your sins.

Christ's arms are wide to set you free.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Tue May 07, 2024 4:56 am

Hanajima wrote:

The Golden Chain will keep you in bondage to your sins.

Christ's arms are wide to set you free.

>name state after the most brutal and bloody regime imaginable
>introduce Christianity with none of the social context
>become a goose

The Imperium is the most schizophrenic state ever, at least all of the genocide and war I do is for the very practical purpose of speed running the industrial revolution rather than arbitrarily imposing religious and other concepts onto the world.

How would someone who has no concept of even ethnicity approach a state called the "Imperium of Man"? Would it even mean anything to them?
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 07, 2024 5:09 am

Orostan wrote:>name state after the most brutal and bloody regime imaginable

Ah, but who says the state was named after that regime?

The social context is the salvation of all men, checkmate pagans.

>become a goose

Riparian gooseification is the ideal form of the primitive state. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

The Imperium is the most schizophrenic state ever, at least all of the genocide and war I do is for the very practical purpose of speed running the industrial revolution rather than arbitrarily imposing religious and other concepts onto the world.

Ah, but what if you can speed-run the Industrial Revolution without all of the genocide and war?

How would someone who has no concept of even ethnicity approach a state called the "Imperium of Man"? Would it even mean anything to them?

Roughly the same thing as any other Iron Age empire meant to her subjects at first, I imagine. The identities of states, if they are independent of in-group kinship structures, are largely coalesced around the identities of their founders. Take the Seleucid Empire, for instance.

Melon Heads
Envoy

Founded: Jun 27, 2022

Postby Melon Heads » Tue May 07, 2024 7:39 am

Observation Post 13 wrote:Hey guys, I did a short 1 year time skip to develop my character's character, then I'll catch up to the current timeline with a bigger 9 year timeskip

Howdy 13. I see you also had some confusion on which OOC forum to go to, no judgement here, I've had the same issue in the past, lol. I have a couple questions and notes for you, if that's cool!

1. Looking through your post history it looks like you use Willis Philips for multiple rp forums, does that cause any confusion on which one you're talking about?

2. For your most recent IC post, you put the date as 5/6/2024 which was the date it was posted, but did not put the year that Willis was actually in, which I believe would be around 2959 BC, since you said you still need to do 9 years of timeskip. Putting notes for what time it is in universe for you may help long term with record keeping and remembering where you are at.

3. Sahara Village, on Marina Beach in Chennai, is this an actual named village in history or did you come up with it? And if you came up with it, I'm curious why you decided to name it such, every time I see it I think of the Sahara desert in Africa, lol. Maybe it has another meaning in a language from the Indian subcontinent, though.

4. Speaking of Indian languages, your local characters in your most recent post are named Jeffo, Erica and Erico, none of which sound particularly Indian to me but I'll admit to not being an expert in the area. Where are you getting your name ideas?
They/He Pronouns
Code: Select all
You said I could have anything I wanted, but I just couldn’t say it out loud.
Actually, you said Love, for you, is larger than the usual romantic love. It’s like a religion. It’s  terrifying. No one will ever want to sleep with you.
Okay, if you’re so great, you do it— here’s the pencil, make it work . . .
Build me a city and call it Jerusalem. Build me another and call it Jerusalem.
We have come back from Jerusalem where we found not what we sought, so do it over, give me another version.
The entire history of human desire takes about seventy minutes to tell.
Unfortunately, we don’t have that kind of time.
-Richard Siken

Melon Heads
Envoy

Founded: Jun 27, 2022

New Civilizations [OOC | Always Open]

Postby Melon Heads » Tue May 07, 2024 8:05 am

Orostan wrote:>name state after the most brutal and bloody regime imaginable

>become a goose

Riparian gooseification is the ideal form of the primitive state. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Alright I'll bite what the hell kind of Goose are yall talking about lol
They/He Pronouns
Code: Select all
You said I could have anything I wanted, but I just couldn’t say it out loud.
Actually, you said Love, for you, is larger than the usual romantic love. It’s like a religion. It’s  terrifying. No one will ever want to sleep with you.
Okay, if you’re so great, you do it— here’s the pencil, make it work . . .
Build me a city and call it Jerusalem. Build me another and call it Jerusalem.
We have come back from Jerusalem where we found not what we sought, so do it over, give me another version.
The entire history of human desire takes about seventy minutes to tell.
Unfortunately, we don’t have that kind of time.
-Richard Siken

Tesserach
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 25, 2021

Postby Tesserach » Tue May 07, 2024 8:53 am

Tesserach wrote:Tess I need you to join the golden chain and Im not even joking Olifia would embrace your guys so hard

Everyone is welcome within the Way of Great Peace, everyone walks it - the question is whether they realize, and can see the path, or not.

Outside missionaries of all faiths who claim holy truth are all automatically honorary members of the Sasaan Anthaathi1, and we're excited welcoming you all in joining us in a critical examination of the majesty of our existence together!

1. Terms and conditions may apply. All results of the Ritual of Reconciliation are legally binding. The Sasaan Anthaathi Society accepts no responsibility for failure by applicant religions to back up claims made by their faith.
Pndapetzim

Hanajima
Lobbyist

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Hanajima » Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 am

Melon Heads wrote:

It's a long standing joke because the Imperium originally looked vaguely like a goose on the map.
Imāmiyya Shīʿa Muslim

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 07, 2024 9:01 am

Hanajima wrote:
Melon Heads wrote:

It's a long standing joke because the Imperium originally looked vaguely like a goose on the map.

Essentially, the Imperium had a snarky body north/south along the Elbe/Danube, with a little beak poking west into north Germany, and two stubby wings near Vienna where the Danube is more west/east.

Basically, her early logistical expansion was river-based, so she looked like a long snakey bird while other people were space-filling point-blobs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse