NATION

PASSWORD

Anonymous.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soviestan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 11, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Soviestan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:59 pm

They are necessary. The last great hope for freedom of speech, expression and information.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Soviestan wrote:They are necessary. The last great hope for freedom of speech, expression and information.

Actually, their actions have been used as excuses to curtail freedom of speech.

But whatevs. :meh:
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008

Postby Mushet » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:04 pm

They are evil incarnate, even though they've done good before

"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
I've always found that quote very interesting and true, as well as everything about them, they're not crusaders for a cause, they do shit for the lulz and only the lulz
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 pm

Mosasauria wrote:I will become an Anonymous!

Tobi, no! Don't do it!

Not that I have anything against /b/, in case they're reading this, great people, great people, BUT DON'T DO IT!
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Mosasauria wrote:I will become an Anonymous!

Tobi, no! Don't do it!

Not that I have anything against /b/, in case they're reading this, great people, great people, BUT DON'T DO IT!

We are legion. We are Anonymous.
Under New Management since 8/9/12

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 pm

Mosasauria wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Tobi, no! Don't do it!

We are legion. We are Anonymous.

I'M TOO LATE!
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Mosasauria wrote:We are legion. We are Anonymous.

I'M TOO LATE!

If one identifies oneself as anonymous is one really anonymous?
Did you see a ghost?

Hebalobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hebalobia » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Hard to say. A lot depends upon their motives. If their motive is simple annoyance, then they're no more than pests. If it's political expression, then it's a little more complicated.

A good rule of thumb is stand on the side of freedom of speech even if you disagree with what is being said. The question, however, is are these people "expressing themselves," or denying people they disagree with the ability to express themselves?

Sounds to me like it's more of the latter than the former.

Mushet
Post Marshal

Postby Mushet » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I'M TOO LATE!

That should be a philosoraptor poster
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

GeneralHaNor
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby GeneralHaNor » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:01 pm

Mushet wrote:
Natapoc wrote:

That should be a philosoraptor poster

Done
Victorious Decepticons wrote:If they said "this is what you enjoy so do this" and handed me a stack of my favorite video games, then it'd be far different. But governments don't work that way. They'd hand me a dishrag...
And I'd hand them an insurgency.
Trotskylvania wrote:Don't kid yourself. The state is a violent, destructive institution of class dictatorship. The fact that the proles have bargained themselves the drippings from their master's plates doesn't legitimize the state.

Mushet
Post Marshal

Postby Mushet » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:05 pm

Hebalobia wrote:Hard to say. A lot depends upon their motives. If their motive is simple annoyance, then they're no more than pests. If it's political expression, then it's a little more complicated.

A good rule of thumb is stand on the side of freedom of speech even if you disagree with what is being said. The question, however, is are these people "expressing themselves," or denying people they disagree with the ability to express themselves?

Sounds to me like it's more of the latter than the former.

Nah, that's not real anon, real anon does it just for the lulz, they don't give a fuck, they're just trolling and they know that

Some Anon Oldfag wrote:People these days seem to think we are some sort of Internet vigilante group, That couldn't be further from the truth. We are the little voice in the back of your head that wants to fuck your hot sixteen year old daughter. We are the father who beats his six year old child simply because he spilled his beer. We are every chef that's ever spit in some random person's food for the hell of it. We are the pyromaniac who burns down the homeless shelter for shits and giggles. We are the person who rapes the same girl twice. We are that feeling you get when you beat your pets; and enjoy it. We see some guy hang himself live, we laugh. A wrestler kills his family, we laugh. Some maladjusted Asian shoots up his university, we laugh. Fifty-thousand die in North Korea, we laugh. AIDS ravages a continent, we laugh. An Austrian man locks his daughter in his basement for 24 years and fathers 8 children with her, we laugh. A religion invented by a psychotic writer swindles countless gullible fucktards out of their cash, we laugh, and then go kick his religion's ass just for the hell of it. We aren't some vigilante group righting wrongs. We aren't your friends, your buddies or your saviors. Your feelings mean nothing to us. We are human nature unencumbered by pointless ethics, foolish moralities or arbitrary laws and restrictions. We are every dark impulse you have; unrestrained and fully realized. We are what deep down, you wish you were. We exist as a means for instant gratification, purely at our own whim. We have no culture, we have no laws, written or otherwise. We are an autonomous collective, each an insignificant part of a whole. You cannot assimilate us, we do not change. You cannot defeat us, we do not exist. You cannot infiltrate us, we know our own. We do not sleep, we do not eat and we do not feel remorse. We will tear you apart from outside and in, we have all the time in the world. You operate under the delusion that we will someday be outdated, that we might even see the light. You are irrevocably wrong. You are not special, you are not unique and you aren't crusaders for justice. You're a blend of college age faggots who think that they can do some sort of good, and who are desperate to belong, to have attention. You have accomplished nothing, and you will fall. Enjoy your AIDS, faggots.

But God help you if you fuck with a cat.

Soviestan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 11, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Soviestan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:06 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Soviestan wrote:They are necessary. The last great hope for freedom of speech, expression and information.

Actually, their actions have been used as excuses to curtail freedom of speech.

But whatevs. :meh:

Anything can be used as an excuse to curtail freedom of speech. That doesn't mean anything. The fact remains anonymous and the internet are a great defense against lies and misinformation from all sources, but particularly authority.
Last edited by Soviestan on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007

Postby United Dependencies » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:07 pm

Immature persons with too much time and access to the internet.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:13 pm

United Dependencies wrote:Immature persons with too much time and access to the internet.

:rofl:
That's what you may think.
Under New Management since 8/9/12

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007

Postby United Dependencies » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:45 pm

Mosasauria wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:Immature persons with too much time and access to the internet.

That's what you may think.

I don't see why it would not be what I think, nor would I see why it is all the humourous.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:47 pm

GeneralHaNor wrote:
Mushet wrote:That should be a philosoraptor poster

Done

Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General