NATION

PASSWORD

Gay and Christian

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Gagatron
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Gay and Christian

Postby Gagatron » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Hello, everyone. My name is Gagatron. I am a bisexual male. I am also Christian. Nice to meet you!

I started this thread to dispel some rumors. No, I'm not a girl. No I don't hate gays. And no, we Christians don't think sex is bad. :roll:

Anyone who has paid attention to Jesus' teaching knows that even the prostitutes are accepted into God's kingdom. Anyone who has read Song of Solomon knows that there's nothing wrong with songs about sex. And now, anyone who's met me can know that there is such a thing as an open minded Christian.

So, let the discussion begin. Do you know any gay Christians? What do you think of them?

NOH8, plz.
God, I want to dream again,
Take me where I've never been.
I wanna go there,
This time I'm not scared.
Music, love, peace, joy, history, religion, foreign cultures, foreign language, philosophy, debating, etc.

Zilam wrote:It always strikes me funny when people always complain "If God is good, why does he allow evil to exist"....Yet when God destroys every evil person in a flood, its a bad thing.

All sin is deserving of death.

Volnotova
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Volnotova » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Christians can be gay, you cannot however be gay and be an adherend to the cancerous metastases(read:imposters) known as catholicism and et cetera.
A very exclusive and exceptional ice crystal.

A surrealistic alien entity stretched thin across the many membranes of the multiverse.
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:You are the most lawful neutral person I have ever witnessed.

Polruan wrote:It's like Humphrey Applebee wrote a chapter of the Talmud in here.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:36 pm

Should we ask a Mod to pull all of the comments from the other thread into this one?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Gagatron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gagatron » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:36 pm

Camicon wrote:Should we ask a Mod to pull all of the comments from the other thread into this one?

You could.
I wanna go there,
Music, love, peace, joy, history, religion, foreign cultures, foreign language, philosophy, debating, etc.

Zilam wrote:It always strikes me funny when people always complain "If God is good, why does he allow evil to exist"....Yet when God destroys every evil person in a flood, its a bad thing.

The Highest Messenger
Attaché

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Highest Messenger » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:37 pm

Gagatron wrote:Hello, everyone. My name is Gagatron. I am a bisexual male. I am also Christian. Nice to meet you!

Hello Gagatron. It is also nice to meet you.

Anyone who has paid attention to Jesus' teaching knows that even the prostitutes are accepted into God's kingdom.

All are accepted into paradise. Most are sent back to try again.

Anyone who has read Song of Solomon knows that there's nothing wrong with songs about sex.

God loves sex. Indeed, He created sex.
Political compass: -10.00, -10.00

Let us create a Heaven on Earth

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:38 pm

It's the whole: "sex can only be used with procreation in mind" that I found off-putting. :(
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The Highest Messenger
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Highest Messenger » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Volnotova wrote:Christians can be gay, you cannot however be gay and be an adherend to the cancerous metastases(read:imposters) known as catholicism and et cetera.

Catholicism, along with basically all organised religion, is a perversion of the Word of God. He is saddened that so many take its lies and blasphemy to heart.

The Highest Messenger
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Highest Messenger » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:39 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:It's the whole: "sex can only be used with procreation in mind" that I found off-putting. :(

This is the dogma of Man, not of God.

Disco Tetris
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Disco Tetris » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:39 pm

There are a lot of gay christians. Andy Warhol was a devout Christian. I'm gay and attend Catholic mass from time to time, but I consider myself more agnostic than anything.

Gagatron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gagatron » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:40 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:It's the whole: "sex can only be used with procreation in mind" that I found off-putting. :(

Let's think about this. What is sex really designed to do?
I wanna go there,

Gagatron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gagatron » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:40 pm

The Highest Messenger wrote:

This is the dogma of Man, not of God.

Oh?
I wanna go there,

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Gagatron wrote:
Camicon wrote:Should we ask a Mod to pull all of the comments from the other thread into this one?

You could.

Is there any point though?

Volnotova wrote:Christians can be gay, you cannot however be gay and be an adherend to the cancerous metastases(read:imposters) known as catholicism and et cetera.

Catholicism, along with basically all organised religion, is a perversion of the Word of God. He is saddened that so many take its lies and blasphemy to heart.

So you talk to Him on a regular basis? Tell me, what would be the correct way to worship him then?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

The Highest Messenger
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Highest Messenger » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:41 pm

Gagatron wrote:

To create children, and to serve as a source of pleasure and social bonding.

The Highest Messenger
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Highest Messenger » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Gagatron wrote:
The Highest Messenger wrote:This is the dogma of Man, not of God.

Oh?

Indeed.

Gagatron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gagatron » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:43 pm

Gagatron wrote:

To create children, and to serve as a source of pleasure and social bonding.

Ah true, but it's the CHILDREN part we need to remember. At the moment, gays can't make children without science interfering.
I wanna go there,

Eastern Arcadia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Arcadia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:43 pm

Gagatron wrote:Hello, everyone. My name is Gagatron. I am a bisexual male. I am also Christian. Nice to meet you!

I started this thread to dispel some rumors. No, I'm not a girl. No I don't hate gays. And no, we Christians don't think sex is bad. :roll:

Great, I always wanted to solve this pressing mystery.

Anyone who has paid attention to Jesus' teaching knows that even the prostitutes are accepted into God's kingdom. Anyone who has read Song of Solomon knows that there's nothing wrong with songs about sex. And now, anyone who's met me can know that there is such a thing as an open minded Christian.

I was aware of open minded christians long before I met you, I study science, one of my friends at uni is a devout Evangelist, and he studies science alongside me; I'm not sure how much of it he ascribes to god, but he believes that the bible's depiction of the creation of the earth is allegory, as are many things; he pic and mixes I think.

So, let the discussion begin. Do you know any gay Christians? What do you think of them?

Let me see, no I do not actually, well, aside from you; what a marvellous first impression. Is this thread serious?

If so, my personal opinion regarding gays and Christianity is simple, being christian is a personal spiritual matter, belonging to one of the denominations is very much an authoritative one, that is to say, if the authority (I.E. Pope, Archbishop) says that gays cannot be Christian, then a gay christian cannot be a part of that denomination owing to clashes of ideaology.

To be fair, I don't know why self proclaimed "Catholic gays" complain, why don't they simply break off and form their own church, or join one that has similar views rather than trying to force their opinion on another body...

Gagatron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gagatron » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Camicon wrote:So you talk to Him on a regular basis? Tell me, what would be the correct way to worship him then?

I am of the belief that God enjoys eclectic worship. He likes seeing our personalities sparkle.
I wanna go there,

Aexnidaral
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Aexnidaral » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Gagatron wrote:And no, we Christians don't think sex is bad.

Unless you're Christine O'Donnell... or Fred Phelps...

In any case. I'm openly gay, Christian, and liberal.

Being gay and Christian really isn't a surprise, or an irony.

Being gay and Republic, however, is.
Former lots of things in many places.

He/Him/His || Gay Neoliberal Shill || Queer || Garbage Reclamation Advocate || Dial-Up White Noise Machine

Far less interesting than people would have you believe.

Ascian Role Play Nation.

No Discord, please contact me by Telegram!

North Suran
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Suran » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Gagatron wrote:

If sex was purely for procreation, most of it would only do it about two-three times in our lives. It's not, and we don't. Sex is sex; it is a pleasurable experience which, in some way, furthers a relationship. It's not just about crapping out babies.

It is possible to be gay and Christian. It is insane, however, to follow the Bible's line on homosexuality when you have personal experience of why it is so archaic.
Neu Mitanni wrote:As for NS, his latest statement is grounded in ignorance and contrary to fact, much to the surprise of all NSGers.

Latnya
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Latnya » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:45 pm

I Don't know any gay christens(except maybe one that keeps it a secret) and i honestly don't like Christians but gays are cool(im not gay myself)

The Highest Messenger
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Highest Messenger » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Camicon wrote:So you talk to Him on a regular basis? Tell me, what would be the correct way to worship him then?

I am a messenger from God Himself.

The correct way to worship Him is to Love. To take the wrong path is Human, and He accepts that as fact. He judges not on action, but on intention.

There is no fiery pit of Hell. He sends all those who fail His judgement back to the mortal world, to try again.

WWII History Geeks
Minister

Founded: Mar 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby WWII History Geeks » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Christians can be gay. Christians can also be serial killers, rapists, etc. Just because one may not believe in it doesn't necessarily mean one won't do it. I've been that way. I'm not saying Gagatron is in denial, but the type of Christianity I believe in means that you need to accept Christ as your savior...for any and all your sins. Thinking that one is somehow above this by designating something unsinful doesn't mean it isn't or that one is above the law. *shrugs* But that's what I grew up believing. And what I still believe today. Although I will admit, Mr. Gagatron, if I'm right, and hypothetically you do go to hell for thinking it's okay, I'll probably be down there with you because I'm in a similar situation.
The goldfish crackers will win. Do you know why they smile? Because when they get inside you they start eating you from the inside out.

Grandtaria: "I would rather live my life each day thinking there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than to live my thinking that there isn't and die to find out there is."
Conservative Morality: "When in Rome, do as the Romans. When out of Rome, do as the Romans anyway, it's not like anyone is ballsy enough to piss off Rome."

Finally fixed: The thread may be gone, but I'm still a "To Hell with This'er!," damnit! :D

Boob sisters with Celestial Divinities!

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Gagatron wrote:

I don't really care. Tobacco obviously wasn't designed to be vaporized and inhaled, but I do it just the same. Grapes obviously weren't designed to be juiced and the juice to be fermented until it has intoxicating effects, yet I still drink it. Our genitals were obviously not designed for pants, yet I still wear them. My fingers were not designed to type on a keyboard, yet I still use them for that.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:47 pm

I am a messenger from God Himself.

The correct way to worship Him is to Love. To take the wrong path is Human, and He accepts that as fact. He judges not on action, but on intention.

There is no fiery pit of Hell. He sends all those who fail His judgement back to the mortal world, to try again.

So I take it you're a Creationist. Or a little too good at sarcasm for me
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Phing Phong
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:47 pm

I think that Christianity has too much of an ingrained bias to be accepting of gays and lesbians. For example, only the Quakers fully accept gay people in a sexual relationship fully and equally into their worship and beliefs. I am Buddhist, and even then there are still members of that community who hold base prejudices, despite what I perceive as a far greater stance towards compassion than Christianity, which can tend towards hellfire and damnation.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General