NATION

PASSWORD

Colonial Powers Association

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Legeonas wrote:I tend to be PMT in my technologies, but MT in my warfare. I have a hard-on for robotics and genetic engineering.

Thats cool :P
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

St George of England
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby St George of England » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Kylarnatia wrote:
St George of England wrote:Cos I'm planning on this being fucking epic, so most of time is going into it.

That, and, no offence to anybody here, MT rps atm are fucking shit.

No I agree, apart from the funeral RP I'm doing, I'm not really being appealed by any other MT rp's at the moment - its sad :(

It says something that the best MT rp I've done, since coming back to NS in may, was a wedding RP. And that was in like, July.
Legeonas wrote:Robotics meaning robotic limbs, robotic enhancements. As a general rule, all robots cannot have an AI, and any AI's must have no access to military things. AI's are usually used in houses, cars, office assistants, and as virus-protection.
EMP Pulse, coupled with mass bombing = win.
The Angline-Guanxine Empire
Current Monarch: His Heavenly Guanxine The Ky Morris
Population: As NS Page
Current RP: Closure of the Paulianus Passage
The United Coven of the Otherworlds
Current Leader: Covenwoman Paige Thomas
Population: 312,000,000
Military Size: 4,000,000
New to NS? TG me if you have questions.

Latnya
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Latnya » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Well SP, the flag you made me ain't gonna cut it with the mods. To bad too, I rather liked it.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:07 pm

St George of England wrote:
Kylarnatia wrote:
No I agree, apart from the funeral RP I'm doing, I'm not really being appealed by any other MT rp's at the moment - its sad :(

It says something that the best MT rp I've done, since coming back to NS in may, was a wedding RP. And that was in like, July.

Hmmm, I can't remember the absolute epic MT RP I've ever done; so It must have been awhile ago ;)
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!

Legeonas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Legeonas » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Kylarnatia wrote:

Legeonas wrote:Robotics meaning robotic limbs, robotic enhancements. As a general rule, all robots cannot have an AI, and any AI's must have no access to military things. AI's are usually used in houses, cars, office assistants, and as virus-protection.
EMP Pulse, coupled with mass bombing = win.

That's always be a vulnerability. I can always claim shielding, but I play fair. With shielding, I could say that anyone in the immediate area is fucked, and those further away have a 50% chance of it still working. Besides the fact that my military isn't all robotics. But yes - it would be a win :P
Legeonas Factbook

Colonies - Legeonian Verona
Legeonian Greece

The Holy Roman Empire is the total sum of the above colonies and protectorates.
Leader of The Brotherhood

Siberian_Peoples
Minister

Founded: Nov 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Siberian_Peoples » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Latnya wrote:Well SP, the flag you made me ain't gonna cut it with the mods. To bad too, I rather liked it.

Yeah, I saw that. :( Ask them about the straight one perhaps?
"Benevolent is the Monarchy, Loyal are the People"
The Factbook of the Dual Diarchy of Russo-Siberia
Colony: Siberian_Greenland
Member of: The Colonial Powers Association and the Sovereign Empires Coalition
My First Store-Front: The Trans-Orbis Trade Co.
Marquesan wrote:Oh, and please keep your willies in your pants. This sort of dick-waving contest is hazardous. A terrorist is liable to shoot it off.

Marquesan wrote:
Siberian_Peoples wrote:Kalasparata Is too liberal. it's basically anarchy. It's a land filled with homeless people and corpses.

Kalasparata seems to be full of shit to me. I mean...why else would they need so many toilets?

Latnya wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, why the hell is their a dildo here?

*Takes and burns item*

No Sexual shit like this, I don't want this place locked for bull crap. :lol:

Siberian_Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Siberian_Peoples » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:11 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Okay guys, due to an influx of F7 like activity, I've made an official F7 piss about thread. Go crazy there, this is now for IC matters only, and official discussions. Otherwise, chatter is for that one - it's basically a chat room.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=91326&p=4469930#p4469930
Marquesan wrote:Oh, and please keep your willies in your pants. This sort of dick-waving contest is hazardous. A terrorist is liable to shoot it off.

Marquesan wrote:
Siberian_Peoples wrote:Kalasparata Is too liberal. it's basically anarchy. It's a land filled with homeless people and corpses.

Kalasparata seems to be full of shit to me. I mean...why else would they need so many toilets?

*Takes and burns item*

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Siberian_Peoples wrote:IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Okay guys, due to an influx of F7 like activity, I've made an official F7 piss about thread. Go crazy there, this is now for IC matters only, and official discussions. Otherwise, chatter is for that one - it's basically a chat room.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=91326&p=4469930#p4469930

Awsome Idea. This will be the last kinda relaxed post I'll make, so now on it'll be more IC ;)

Greto
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greto » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:25 pm

OOC:Guess I will make the first ICish type post.

IC: The Government of Greto in order to fulfill it's needs to ensure it helps the CPA, and not force other nations to put more effort into protecting the Association have donated more Military units to the CPA and help it on any missions that it is requested on.

Army
7th Mechanized Corps-40,000
501st Ranger Regiment-5,000
101st Airborne "Night stalkers"-10,000

Marine Corps
Marine Forces Recon-20,000
Chemical Biological Incident Response Force-10,000
IV Marine Expeditionary Force-20,000
The Western Russians wrote:Move to London and you get a fuck load of chavs shouting at you telling you you're going to get stabbed. Whereas in Scotland you get a fuck load of homeless people shouting at you telling you you're going to get stabbed. Move to Wales and you'll get a fuck load of DRG telling you you're going to get stabbed. Move to Ireland you're going to get a fuck load of IRA telling you you're going to get bombed.

Readiness Level Unified Armed Forces: DEFCON 5
Terrorism Alert Level: Low

Siberian_Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Siberian_Peoples » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks, will update it tomorrow.

Marquesan wrote:

*Takes and burns item*

Marquesan
Minister

Founded: Oct 21, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marquesan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Marquesan wrote:

The Challenger II isn't that good of a chassis, it's had a number of "accidents" with RPG's penetrating the hull in places...makes me think it'd be useless against a real HEAT missile, as much as I like the engineering vehicles you linked me to. When I have more time, possibly tonight, I'll see if anyone's made an enginnering/recovery vehicle on the Merkava II Chassis, since my tracked IFV is based on it and it's really...really... REALLY badass. But this is a fine idea. I'm sure I've seen tracked/armored ambulances somewhere...just have to remember if they were good enough for the Marquesan Gendarmerie or not. LoL.

Really? Then why, prey tell, has one never been lost to enemy fire?

Well, I'm sure you limeys are quite proud of your Challenger II's, but to be dead honest with you, I'm not much for tracked vehicles. I'm probably gonna end up using the Bronco ATTC for my tracked ambulance, though I'll still need an engineering/recovery vehicle. I just vastly prefer the speed and agility of wheeled armor. I don't even like the Abrams tank. I'm using the new Japanese Type-10 as a basis for my Argus Monitor MBT and the Israeli Namer IFV as the basis for my Coral Snake IFV, itself a Merkava II without the turret with the saved weight "reinvested" in armor making it...really..the most ridiculously safe IFV available today.

The Challenger II incident with a HESH round was friendly fire, so I'm not counting that, but the bit about an RPG blowing off the driver's toes and then another driver losing his legs to an IED really puts a foul taste in my mouth for the Challenger II. My favorite vehicle I'm using is my Temple Viper APC, based on the Patria AMV 8x8. ...But yeah. The problem with tracked vehicles is the possibility of a complete mobility kill and unless you've got something capable of winching and towing it away handy, your tank becomes a multimillion dollar piece of armored sculpture that you need to gut completely before you can leave it alone. They take a lot of guys out of the fight, take a lot of time and can be expensive and nearly impossible to destroy or render useless to the enemy. At least with a wheeled vehicle, you can run on flat tires or attach new ones and they're far easier to haul off without too much fuss, generally speaking. But an army does need some tracked vehicles, and that's the only reason I'm really even barking up this tree.
"Just so Summanus, wrapped in a smoking whirlwind of blue flame, falls upon people and cities." - John Milton, In Quintum Novembris

@Marquesan I hereby proclaim you as the Gothic Mad Scientist, who actually isn't mad but a brilliant genius which every nations military goes to consult when they quietly tell their leaders, "We'll consult our experts" and when asked who they always say "private sources"
@Marquesan I will say man you're the only person on NS I've ever mistaken for a genuine Weapons designer.
Friend of Kraven, 2005-2023
18 years of stories deleted
Kraven Prevails!

Greto
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greto » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Well my Amphibious assault vehicles use them, think about it wheels aren't going to have much success when having to go through thick sand like caterpillar tracks. Tanks, I do have the Strykers which probably see more use then my tanks in the case of small Military operations.
The Western Russians wrote:Move to London and you get a fuck load of chavs shouting at you telling you you're going to get stabbed. Whereas in Scotland you get a fuck load of homeless people shouting at you telling you you're going to get stabbed. Move to Wales and you'll get a fuck load of DRG telling you you're going to get stabbed. Move to Ireland you're going to get a fuck load of IRA telling you you're going to get bombed.

Marquesan
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marquesan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Greto wrote:Well my Amphibious assault vehicles use them, think about it wheels aren't going to have much success when having to go through thick sand like caterpillar tracks. Tanks, I do have the Strykers which probably see more use then my tanks in the case of small Military operations.

All of my vehicles are for amphibian use, and in all actuality, very fine sand gives an advantage to wheeled vehicles. It's only when you encounter steep grades that tracks give you an advantage in sand. But it's honestly a matter of opinion and skill.
"Just so Summanus, wrapped in a smoking whirlwind of blue flame, falls upon people and cities." - John Milton, In Quintum Novembris

@Marquesan I hereby proclaim you as the Gothic Mad Scientist, who actually isn't mad but a brilliant genius which every nations military goes to consult when they quietly tell their leaders, "We'll consult our experts" and when asked who they always say "private sources"
@Marquesan I will say man you're the only person on NS I've ever mistaken for a genuine Weapons designer.
Kraven Prevails!

Cartavesqa
Minister

Founded: Dec 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cartavesqa » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Marquesan wrote:
Greto wrote:Well my Amphibious assault vehicles use them, think about it wheels aren't going to have much success when having to go through thick sand like caterpillar tracks. Tanks, I do have the Strykers which probably see more use then my tanks in the case of small Military operations.

All of my vehicles are for amphibian use, and in all actuality, very fine sand gives an advantage to wheeled vehicles. It's only when you encounter steep grades that tracks give you an advantage in sand. But it's honestly a matter of opinion and skill.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=4475258#p4475258
Check it my man
24 is The Greatest Television Show of All-Time

Marquesan
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marquesan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Cartavesqa wrote:
Marquesan wrote:

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=4475258#p4475258
Check it my man

Sweet action! Lemme draw up some figures on how many I'll need to order.

Kraven Prevails!

Greto
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greto » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Marquesan wrote:

Yeah, I just prefer them for certain reasons.

Marquesan
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marquesan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Greto wrote:
Marquesan wrote:

Yeah, I just prefer them for certain reasons.

As we speak, I'm adding a Combat First Aid Vehicle, an Assault Breacher Vehicle, a Combat Engineer Vehicle and a Bridgelaying Vehicle, all tracked, too my inventory as a new push toward logistical superiority.

Kraven Prevails!

Greto
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greto » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Marquesan wrote:
Greto wrote:Yeah, I just prefer them for certain reasons.

As we speak, I'm adding a Combat First Aid Vehicle, an Assault Breacher Vehicle, a Combat Engineer Vehicle and a Bridgelaying Vehicle, all tracked, too my inventory as a new push toward logistical superiority.

They are though more expensive to maintain, and usually diesel but seeing as you use fuel cells, don't have the diesel problem.
OOC:The below took me 20 minutes because im an idiot so you better like it.
Now onto more serious manners with you.

To: The Free Land of Marquesan
Encryption: Low
Subject: Military Technology

To Whom It May Concern: Lucas Tallchief, Shōgun

Our nations Defense Department are currently interested in maintaining Military cooperation, including trading technologies, joint Military exercises, and possibly maintaining Military bases in each others nation.

Sincerely,

- The President Hoth Mannison
Of the Executive Department
United States of Greto

The solarian leauge
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The solarian leauge » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:11 am

b]Member Nations Full Name:[/b] The Solarian Leauge
Leader Name: President Alois Hammer
WA Classification: Father Knows Best State
Government Type (Optional Depending on Nation type): Imperial Republic
Monarchy Types (Optional Depending on Nation type): N/A
Political Views/Beliefs: Right-Wing Liberal
RP Example: Not any yet
Military Contributions (Optional): 30 000 infantry, 5 tank platoons
Membership Status*: \ Full Time Member

I, Alois Hammer hereby promise to adhere to the laws of the pact and are bound to abide by them. Should they not adhere to the pact and disrespect or betray the pact/signed documents, the other nation is permitted to cease trade, military access and the alliance, although it is not compulsory to declare war or become hostile to the betraying nation.

*Full Time Member:

Siberian_Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Siberian_Peoples » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:13 am

The solarian leauge wrote:b]Member Nations Full Name:[/b] The Solarian Leauge
Leader Name: President Alois Hammer
WA Classification: Father Knows Best State
Government Type (Optional Depending on Nation type): Imperial Republic
Monarchy Types (Optional Depending on Nation type): N/A
Political Views/Beliefs: Right-Wing Liberal
RP Example: Not any yet
Military Contributions (Optional): 30 000 infantry, 5 tank platoons
Membership Status*: \ Full Time Member

I, Alois Hammer hereby promise to adhere to the laws of the pact and are bound to abide by them. Should they not adhere to the pact and disrespect or betray the pact/signed documents, the other nation is permitted to cease trade, military access and the alliance, although it is not compulsory to declare war or become hostile to the betraying nation.

*Full Time Member:

Uh, sorry, we're re-doing the main thread and application and stuff, and we're not done yet. So until then, your request is pending, but only pending if you get an RP example. Without a Role Play example we won't accept you.

Marquesan wrote:

*Takes and burns item*

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents