NATION

PASSWORD

On the notion that why homosexuality occurs "doesn't matter"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Norwegian Blue
Minister

Founded: Jul 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norwegian Blue » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:42 pm

ARM Forces wrote:Re: Alma Mater

Of course you are using the "nice" argument to oppose me. I just got done pointing out that everybody uses that argument, whether they know it or not. Well done.

Re: Muravyets

This one is easy to figure out. You tell me an issue that gay people are lobbying, and it'll be about getting extra rights that an average citizen does not have, such as:

Gay marriage - Yes, there are tax reductions for married straight couples. This is an advantage they have over single people. The question is, "should gay couples receive the same extra rights that straight couples have?"

...um, you just completely undercut your own point, there.

Hate speech - Should it be illegal to shout insults at a gay person, when it isn't illegal to shout insults at a straight white male?

I have never heard any gay person argue that it should be illegal to insult them. There's probably one gay guy out there somewhere who feels that way, but "no insulting gay people" isn't exactly high on the Evil Homosexual Agenda.

Hiring practices - Should it be illegal to turn down a gay person for a job position because he's gay, when it isn't illegal to turn down a straight white male because he's straight, white, and male?

This would make sense if, you know, it actually weren't illegal to turn down a white male for being a white male. When the law says "you cannot discriminate on the basis of race or gender" that doesn't mean "you can't discriminate against black women." It means "you cannot discriminate on the basis of race or gender." Gay people have advocated for the addition of "or sexuality," which would mean you couldn't turn someone away for being gay or straight. Good grief.
Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things. - Reichskommissariat ost
...if you poop just to poop, then it is immoral. - Bandarikin
And if abortion was illegal, there wouldn't be male doctors - Green Port
Stop making a potato punch itself in the scrote after first manifesting a fist and a scrote. - RepentNowOrPayLater
And...you aren't aroused by the premise of a snot-hocking giraffe leaping through a third story bay window after a sex toy? What are you...I mean...are you some kind of weirdo or something? - Hammurab

ARM Forces
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ARM Forces » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:44 pm

ARM Forces wrote:But trying to argue it on an online forum will get us absolutely nowhere.

I have no intention of defending my belief in god, or attacking your belief in not-god. I was just commenting on the real reason we both believe what we believe.

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Mesogiria wrote:And seriously, 'breeders?' That just sounds downright impolite.

Nah, totally a term of endearment :p

Helertia
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Helertia » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:48 pm

ARM Forces wrote:
ARM Forces wrote:But trying to argue it on an online forum will get us absolutely nowhere.

I have no intention of defending my belief in god, or attacking your belief in not-god. I was just commenting on the real reason we both believe what we believe.

Are you arguing with yourself?
Do hypocrites hate hypocrisy?

ARM Forces
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby ARM Forces » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:49 pm

The Norwegian Blue wrote:
Hiring practices - Should it be illegal to turn down a gay person for a job position because he's gay, when it isn't illegal to turn down a straight white male because he's straight, white, and male?

This would make sense if, you know, it actually weren't illegal to turn down a white male for being a white male. When the law says "you cannot discriminate on the basis of race or gender" that doesn't mean "you can't discriminate against black women." It means "you cannot discriminate on the basis of race or gender." Gay people have advocated for the addition of "or sexuality," which would mean you couldn't turn someone away for being gay or straight. Good grief.

I am a straight white male. And I cannot get a job at a chinese food restaurant. Do you know why? Because it would be bad for their business, and I'm not anal enough to sue them for turning me down.

If a grocery store's ratio of whites to non-whites gets too high, they can be fined for not being racially diverse enough. Thus, they need to hire minorities. Thus, if there is only one position available and the ratio is getting dangerously bad, a straight white male will be turned down for the job because he is a straight white male. It isn't written in the law, but it's a byproduct of the law.

ARM Forces
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby ARM Forces » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Well, it's actually been fun, guys, which really surprised me. My Skyline torrent just finished, so I'll see you all later.

:hug: all around. :hug:

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:55 pm

ARM Forces wrote:

Who says I do not believe in other-God ?
And why bother to posit claims as "there are loads of evidence" after pointing out being well aware peope lie ;) ?

Or to rephrase: if you do not wish to debate online - why are you starting debates.
Last edited by The Alma Mater on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:55 pm

ARM Forces wrote: :hug: all around. :hug:

Homo.

It was a joke! Don't kill me :3

Muravyets
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Muravyets » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:13 pm

ARM Forces wrote:Re: Alma Mater

Of course you are using the "nice" argument to oppose me. I just got done pointing out that everybody uses that argument, whether they know it or not. Well done.

Re: Muravyets

This one is easy to figure out. You tell me an issue that gay people are lobbying, and it'll be about getting extra rights that an average citizen does not have, such as:

Gay marriage - Yes, there are tax reductions for married straight couples. This is an advantage they have over single people. The question is, "should gay couples receive the same extra rights that straight couples have?"

Yes, because that's equal. When they're single, they get the same penalty as straight singles, and when they marry get the same benefits as straight married folks. It's called getting the same as heteros, not more than heteros.

Hate speech - Should it be illegal to shout insults at a gay person, when it isn't illegal to shout insults at a straight white male?

It is not okay to shout insults at anyone. And if you assert that it is illegal to shout things at gays, I will thank you to present the authoritative legal source that told you that.

The answer is, in fact, that it IS illegal to turn down a straight white male because he's straight, white and male, or any other applicant based solely on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, etc.

Can you think of any others? If you can't, shut up and sit down.

Well, I don't really have time to go google for more way that you are wrong, but if you would like to present some, I'll be happy to shoot them down for you.
Last edited by Muravyets on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

Muravyets
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Muravyets » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:19 pm

ARM Forces wrote:
Muravyets wrote:The only reason it is an issue is because bigots are demanding a right to oppress others. To which, balancing the common good which would be harmed by allowing open bigotry that renders whole segments of society "lesser citizens," society and the law say to those bigots "tough shit."

I demand the right to oppress you by insulting you on online forums. Do you think the government should stop me?

I'm starting to think that some competent adult should perhaps try to calm you down a bit so you can think through the things you say. First of all, you insulting me on online forums is called funny, not oppressive. Second, you're not interfering with my life in anyway at all because I don't have to listen to you and you have no influence on anything that matters to me, such as my job or my home, etc. And finally, you seem to be utterly lacking a concept of "equivalence" as you acting the fool online (if you choose to) is not equivalent to the government denying select segments of the population civil and human rights for no reason.
Last edited by Muravyets on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General