NATION

PASSWORD

Chimera: A Fantasy RP Community - NO LONGER IN USE

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Kashyr
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Chimera: A Fantasy RP Community - NO LONGER IN USE

Postby Kashyr » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:44 pm

NEW DISCUSSION THREAD HERE
Last edited by Kashyr on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Alter Ego of Cyber Utopia

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:10 pm

I like steampunk-ish stuff. Can I have just muskets/1600s tech with some steam-ish tech?

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

Kashyr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:20 pm

The Ben Boys wrote:I like steampunk-ish stuff. Can I have just muskets/1600s tech with some steam-ish tech?

Sure thing! There's another steampunk nation in the region at the moment, and there'll likely be more that pop up when this takes off. Like I've said, this isn't really a restrictive thing with particular rules. It's just an attempt to establish FanT as a tech level alongside MT and FT. While there will be guidelines regarding technology, it will be more along the lines of 'No M-16s, ICBMs or death stars'. Gunpowder is fine :)

The Ben Boys
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:25 pm

I can't get to yur channel, I'm under 'Benium'. What do I do?

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

New Felandia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Felandia » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:42 pm

i'm a multi species nation that is based in the mid 1800's however we have mostly medieval tech along with a few muskets, rifles, cannon, and a few mid 1800's strategies
Languages:
Latin
Greek
Imerian
Capital:Felandia

Colonial holding of Imeratia
No not a puppet

Kashyr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:55 pm

You should be fine Felandia. :)

The best way you can all get involved really is by starting an RP. Just tag it as a fantasy thread and drop a link here or on the IRC. Get yourselves known. Let's get II filled with Fantasy!

If you're stuck on RP ideas, we have a small community so far that would be more than willing to offer assistance.

Fedeledland
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedeledland » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:05 pm

I am relatively multi-tech, but I still haven't ever played a FanT RP in my life. However, I am very interested in the idea. I'm not sure if I could join, nor if I would. However, if I do, expect me to need help.

Oh, and also, if I'm interested in this and join, I will NOT stop being multi-tech. Expect me to continue using past, modern and future techs.

Oh, finally, if I join, my FanT would be mostly a combination of Eragon, the Tolkien world, the Bartimaeus Trilogy, the Mortal Instruments series, and a few more interesting fantasy novels I've read, with 1490-age RL weapon technology.
Factbook (FanT·FT)
Embassies
Political Info (OOC)
WARNING: My writing might contain amounts of extreme pomp and purple prose. Read at your own caution.
QUE VIVA EL REY!

Kashyr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Fedeledland wrote:I am relatively multi-tech, but I still haven't ever played a FanT RP in my life. However, I am very interested in the idea. I'm not sure if I could join, nor if I would. However, if I do, expect me to need help.

That's fine. Not many people have RP'd FanT before. That's why I set this up, to bring it to a wider audience here.

Oh, and also, if I'm interested in this and join, I will NOT stop being multi-tech. Expect me to continue using past, modern and future techs.

I might need you to clarify on this. If you mean that you will continue to RP in MT and FT, that's fine. Not my business to tell you where you can RP, and I myself have different accounts with different techs.

If however, you mean you intend to start using stealth bombers against swordsmen, I'm not sure that will be received very well.

Oh, finally, if I join, my FanT would be mostly a combination of Eragon, the Tolkien world, the Bartimaeus Trilogy, the Mortal Instruments series, and a few more interesting fantasy novels I've read, with 1490-age RL weapon technology.

Sounds interesting. If you decide you want to join and want to get a FanT intro RP sorted out, feel free to speak to the rest of Chimera.
Last edited by Kashyr on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fedeledland
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedeledland » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Kashyr wrote:

I might need you to clarify on this. If you mean that you will continue to RP in MT and FT, that's fine. Not my business to tell you where you can RP, and I myself have different accounts with different techs.

If however, you mean you intend to start using stealth bombers against swordsmen, I'm not sure that will be received very well.

Meh. As I said before, it will be nothing so advanced. Early Renaissance-type weaponry, and the likes.
Factbook (FanT·FT)
Embassies
Political Info (OOC)
WARNING: My writing might contain amounts of extreme pomp and purple prose. Read at your own caution.
QUE VIVA EL REY!

Kashyr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Fedeledland wrote:
Meh. As I said before, it will be nothing so advanced. Early Renaissance-type weaponry, and the likes.

That's fine. Seems a popular kind of tech-base so far :)
Last edited by Kashyr on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImperialOverLord
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 27, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby ImperialOverLord » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:32 am

This is a most intriguing idea, provided of course it works. Which I am ever so hopeful of.

I'm just itching to go questing and set legions of undead upon folks...

I hope we're not required to join this region though to participate. I can get onto the IRC, no problem. I just have other commitments.
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
Douglas Adams

MT Factbook
FT Factbook
Industrial Factbook
PT Factbook

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:52 am

ImperialOverLord wrote:This is a most intriguing idea, provided of course it works. Which I am ever so hopeful of.

I'm just itching to go questing and set legions of undead upon folks...

I hope we're not required to join this region though to participate. I can get onto the IRC, no problem. I just have other commitments.

This. Because I fail at using puppets and keeping up to date with them, I'd like to test the FanT waters using my main account. Might even make a link with my main FT or my MT nation too...somehow. Getting my infected little fingers in everywhere. Now I just need PT and the NSMultiverse will be mine!!!!
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Kashyr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:15 am

thanks for the interest guys. You'll be glad to know regional membership is entirely optional. It's just there as a resource for finding FanT RPers quickly, really, and as an extra place to put links to the other resources when I eventually put them up.

Trivval
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivval » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:07 am

GET ON THE IRC!
Pl0x? Would like to discuss FanT?
Over Dinner? Or, well me eating and you pretending to eat, or you can get some food and it'll be just like a date.
Last edited by Trivval on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:41 am

go on then ill give this a go :P

I shall play as the giant Steamounkish empire with Clockwork mechs and all! It will mostly be MT/PMT Tech Possibly Late 20th Century 1940's eqsue but yeh i hope this is okay, depending on what happens i will hold back on Certain Things, Say im facing off against some dudes with swords im not exactly gunna go in wity Mechs and bombered guns blazing! ill hold it back!

That being said my nation would have no Magical abilities! so anything i cook up could quite easily be countered by a mage or two!

For instance a Mage could quite easily bring down a bomber craft if he put his mind to it! Anyways yeh i look forward to staking my claim on the map!, if anything i would like to play as the collective bad guy sort of thing :) The one every one loves to hate :P
Last edited by Of The Arch ilands on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

Xiscapia wrote:In Soviet Archland, OH SHIT FRANK IS BEHIND YOU!

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

Tolkinia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tolkinia » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:54 am

Sounds interesting. I've moved to the region and once I have a bit more time I look forward to some awesome RPs. For now is there a map for land claims or is that WIP?
Following new legislation in Tolkinia, Dragon is one of the most popular forenames in Tolkinia.
Following new legislation in Tolkinia, 'removal of the heart' is the most common cause of death.

Kashyr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:06 am

Trivval wrote:GET ON THE IRC!
Pl0x? Would like to discuss FanT?
Over Dinner? Or, well me eating and you pretending to eat, or you can get some food and it'll be just like a date.

Sorry I missed you mate, busy day. I won't have access to my computer tomorrow so the next time I'll be on the IRC after tonight will likely be Saturday. There should be one or two people hanging around there though.

Of The Arch ilands wrote:go on then ill give this a go :P

I shall play as the giant Steamounkish empire with Clockwork mechs and all! It will mostly be MT/PMT Tech Possibly Late 20th Century 1940's eqsue but yeh i hope this is okay, depending on what happens i will hold back on Certain Things, Say im facing off against some dudes with swords im not exactly gunna go in wity Mechs and bombered guns blazing! ill hold it back!

I'm a bit iffy about the bolded part. While I really don't want to impose rules on free-form RP, and I'm not going to stop you from joining in, I can't help but feel that MT/PMT belongs in MT/PMT. When I hear steampunk, I think of technology modelled after the Renaissance or Industrial Revolution. Not modern technology. I'll need some clarification on just how MT/PMT your nation will be. Whereas the guidelines with FanT are looser than other tech levels by definition, it is important to consider that there will be medieval-style nations roleplaying. The only real guideline I can think of is that If your nation wouldn't look right next door to people who haven't even invented muskets yet, you probably need to tone it down.

On the other hand, nations like New Olwe have proved that modern technology and fantasy can work together. I suppose it would all come down to what other players were willing to accept in RP. Which is where all the OOC communication comes into play and lets us all have fun.

As I have said before, when all's said and done, this is not a closed community. This is simply an attempt to increase the number of fantasy roleplays on NS. As such, it is ultimately up to you what techbase you use. Nobody enforces rules about tech in MT or FT after all. However, as with the other tech levels, the techbase you use can limit the number of people who will RP with you depending on what kind of technology they are willing to acknowledge the existence of. As such, I want to try to make sure that every FanT nation has other similar nations that it can RP with.

Get to me on the IRC or drop me a TG with more info on your nation, and we'll discuss your ideas :)

Tolkinia wrote:Sounds interesting. I've moved to the region and once I have a bit more time I look forward to some awesome RPs. For now is there a map for land claims or is that WIP?

Great! I'm working on the map at the moment, t'will likely be up on Sunday along with the Quest Directory.
Last edited by Kashyr on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tolkinia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tolkinia » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:31 am

A question regarding tech: my nation uses some pretty industrial stuff, including Zeppelins and some aircraft, regular and ornithopters, and some cars/mech things that look like cara with beetle legs. Should I scale the use of those back? There not really fighting machines and they are quite clunky, but that might be too much.
Following new legislation in Tolkinia, Dragon is one of the most popular forenames in Tolkinia.
Following new legislation in Tolkinia, 'removal of the heart' is the most common cause of death.

Kashyr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:50 am

Tolkinia wrote:A question regarding tech: my nation uses some pretty industrial stuff, including Zeppelins and some aircraft, regular and ornithopters, and some cars/mech things that look like cara with beetle legs. Should I scale the use of those back? There not really fighting machines and they are quite clunky, but that might be too much.

It's really up to you. This is free-form RP after all and nobody can tell you what to use and what not to use. After having a bit of a think, I will likely split the maps according to tech level, so medieval style RPers such as myself are all on one continent and people with a more modern twist to their technology such as yourself and Arch ilands will be on another continent. This means we avoid a situation where adjacent nations are hundreds of years apart in terms of technology.

This comment:
Kashyr wrote: The only real guideline I can think of is that If your nation wouldn't look right next door to people who haven't even invented muskets yet, you probably need to tone it down.

Would therefore be moot, and the only real guideline then would be: If it's Fantastic, it's cool. Except if it's pure sci-fi. Then it belongs in FT.

Dead Snow
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Snow » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:57 am

Expect epic victorian steampunk airship pirates from me. But you know that cybie...

Miyager
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Miyager » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Let me sum up my nation for a bit, and see if you'd call it FanT

My FanT nation is extremely steam-punk. Think of it as a cross between The Europe and USA of the 1800's. We're incredibly Imperialist, and though benevolent to our own kind (Humans, Dwarves, and Elves) We look with disdain upon the other, more "backwards" nations and races of the world (So far, Orks/Orcs, Those kind of beast things in the wild.) We are a heavily industrial nation, and most of our cities are filled and choked with pollution and smog. Our Military tech is akin to the 1850's for the most part. Rifles and Muskets, Cannons, Cavalry, but also the standard Human Footmen, And a very limited number of Magic users and Bowmen among the Elves. And our nation has very primitive forms of Electricity, that only the rich can afford. We also use Zeppelins and crap like that. Most of our Soldiers are Napoleonic in Uniform, and many of our places have real-life names. (Although this cannot be avoided. They aren't copies of Real world places except I suck at making up names.)

Most of our building styles come from the 1800's, and our clothing styles from Steam-punk sources. We also use Steamish clunker tanks. (They look like a Da Vinci tank crossed with the ones from Warhammer) And our nation is, lastly, quite Xenophobic to outsiders.

Welcome to Eurasica
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3852/eurasica.png
I'm back I think.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:05 pm

Sounds cool. Tagged.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Kashyr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Definitely sounds FanT to me Miyager.

The Ben Boys
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Kashyr wrote:Definitely sounds FanT to me Miyager.

Wait, Miyager's here? All right! Now we can really get this started!

Soooooo, anyone want some outer-space orks invading with asteroids as spaceships?

Packers Nation

Murgoth
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:42 pm

finally, fantasy comes to nationstates!
i'll join as a more medivalish nation. made of a race of my one design, the vandrigs. imagine a werewolf (the half human-half man form), except without fur. and ten feet tall. and with another set of arms.
they are tribal, meeting each year to discuss wars, diplomacy, ect. they use some weapons, mostly bronze and stone, due to thier immense strength, speed, and size. however, some of the border tribes have started using steel and iron.
any qeustions?
Merteth Ech, Tikcs murgoth
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents