NATION

PASSWORD

The United States vs Vatican City - Who would win?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who would win?

The United States
20%
Vatican City
21%
Other
7%
This is a stupid question
52%

Total votes : 146

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Terraius wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:
If you meant "transferred to other municipalities if the police got too close" or even "transferred to African countries where the police was more easily bribed" with " excommunicated or at the very least stripped of their priestly authority" - yes.

Otherwise - no. They were not. That is the whole schandal.

Again I point you to my above post. You people are so quick to assume that because someone is accused of something that makes them guilty of it. Shameful. I thought especially American citizens would value innocent before proven guilty sentiments. A few people who dont like the Catholic church start screaming 'Molestation' and all of a sudden the entire church is corrupt and is hiding molesters, while those who were PROVEN to be guilty of such crimes were dealt with accordingly.

Confessions are not enough for you ?
Stop the arrogance. Stop insulting the victims.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Terraius wrote:Im getting off topic so Im going to stop, but lest the media and others keeps persecuting Catholics and Christians as a whole it only proves our prophecies true and makes our faith stronger, so let them.

I'm rebuking the church as hard as I am because they're one of the representatives of the Christian faith, and that just makes it all the worse when they tacitly condone child abuse. Which incidentally doesn't prove "our prophecies" true, unless you're reading a very different version of the Bible than I am.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Maxedon
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Maxedon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:53 pm

"What's up pope?"
"Nothin Homie, whats up?"
"Wanna see my suitcase nuke?"
"Sur-Wait wh"
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
America Wins. Fatality
Conservatives FTW!
HomeLand Safety wrote:Fuck all of you your all a bunch of fucking liberal hippies, you think that the nation should be tolerant of it...well there is a certain point when things should be fucking controlled...Ground Zero is a place where people lost there lives..to a twisted Muslim who wont leave us the fuck alone...they think its a fucking holy war killing innocent civilians...blowing up the nation who is trying to help them...So yes its "One Nation Under God, Not Allah" So fuck you and your damn liberal views...
Join the Global Powers!DEFCON:1 [TOTAL WAR]
I am t3h aw3s0m3z
Join the Antican Alliance!
Conservatives Are Awesome. Just Believe it. So are Republicans. And Bush.

Terraius
Minister

Founded: Oct 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:54 pm

Innis-Gunn wrote:
Terraius wrote:Pretty sure the priests that were guilty of it were excommunicated or at the very least stripped of their priestly authority. What more do you want them to do? Hang them?

Report them to the local authorities and help the police in any way possible

Well obviously that would have to occur inorder for an investigation to prove them guilty of these crimes. That is a given and priests that were found to be guilty were dealt with according to local and cannon law.
The Archregimancy wrote:Terraius is also a Catholic heretic personally responsible for the Fourth Crusade.
Lupelia wrote:Terraius: best Byzantine nation for weather.
Yeah I really like planet consuming Warp storms myself.

A Nationstates-II FT Roleplay

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Terraius wrote:Well obviously that would have to occur inorder for an investigation to prove them guilty of these crimes. That is a given and priests that were found to be guilty were dealt with according to local and cannon law.

Bullshit.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:56 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Terraius wrote:

Again I point you to my above post. You people are so quick to assume that because someone is accused of something that makes them guilty of it. Shameful. I thought especially American citizens would value innocent before proven guilty sentiments. A few people who dont like the Catholic church start screaming 'Molestation' and all of a sudden the entire church is corrupt and is hiding molesters, while those who were PROVEN to be guilty of such crimes were dealt with accordingly.

Confessions are not enough for you ?
Stop the arrogance. Stop insulting the victims.

Please produce evidence where a priest or bishop confessed to committing these crimes but was not arrested. Please, I beg you. Back up your claims.
The Archregimancy wrote:Terraius is also a Catholic heretic personally responsible for the Fourth Crusade.

Innis-Gunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Innis-Gunn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Terraius wrote:Well obviously that would have to occur inorder for an investigation to prove them guilty of these crimes. That is a given and priests that were found to be guilty were dealt with according to local and cannon law.

Ignoring the ones who were suspected enough by the church to require them to be squirreled away in another area and the victims threatened into silence.

Yet somehow this wasn't enough to involve police :roll:

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Terraius wrote:Im getting off topic so Im going to stop, but lest the media and others keeps persecuting Catholics and Christians as a whole it only proves our prophecies true and makes our faith stronger, so let them.

I'm rebuking the church as hard as I am because they're one of the representatives of the Christian faith, and that just makes it all the worse when they tacitly condone child abuse. Which incidentally doesn't prove "our prophecies" true, unless you're reading a very different version of the Bible than I am.

Your believing hearsay with no proof to produce to support your claims just as the media has.

Geniasis wrote:

Bullshit.

Ok, if its such Bullshit then be my guest and prove me wrong.

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Innis-Gunn wrote:

Ignoring the ones who were suspected enough by the church to require them to be squirreled away in another area and the victims threatened into silence.

Where is your proof? Cite your sources.

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Until someone around here can do more then spew hearsay, rumors, and invalid claims and produce any evidence to back up their claims, ill be on my way.

That and I dont want a warn for derailing. Have fun.

Aglrinia
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aglrinia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Militsia wrote:SNIP

"offensive wars are illegal" well done but that's easily dealt with by fudging some wmd evidence[/quote]

:rofl:
I'd sig that if i had space.
Jakker wrote:TBH is Pro-bring Life to GP

Innis-Gunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Innis-Gunn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Terraius wrote:
Innis-Gunn wrote:

Where is your proof? Cite your sources.

http://www.childabusecommission.com/rpt/ExecSummary.php

And from one of the most Catholic countries around

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General