NATION

PASSWORD

Black Pride! (Yay.) Brown Pride! (Yay.) White Pride! (Punch)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

L3 Communications
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby L3 Communications » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Leepaidamba wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:South Africa?

Go north and you'll find the countries I'm thinking of, South-Africans just get raped, killed, robbed or abused. :oops:

Rhodesians?
The Corporate Conglomerate of L3 Communications
L3 Corporate Factbook - L3 Embassy/Consulate Programme - L3 Broadcasting Corporation - L3 Communications - Global Armaments

- Member of The Conglomerate
- Member of CAPINTERN
- Member of the IFA
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -4.46

New Nicksyllvania wrote:WA is jew infested tyranny that does not understand freedom and 0% taxation

Lyras wrote:Thirdly, the inclusion of multiple penetration aids (such as flares, chaff, false-target balloons and lubricant)...

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Respublika Goroda wrote:
GeneralHaNor wrote:
no such thing

I think not judging others based on arbitrary standards invented by our societies to marginalize other societies might be a good start.

That is not universal. Just ask the KKK.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Vandengaarde
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vandengaarde » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:46 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Respublika Goroda wrote:
I think not judging others based on arbitrary standards invented by our societies to marginalize other societies might be a good start.

Huh? I would say the KKK fits rather well in to his suggestion, since they use standards for American/European living against other races.

Unless I completely missed something.
When debating me or discussing something with me, remember five things:
1. I'm not moderate.
2. I'm not fascist/a nazi.
3. I'm conservative on social issues and liberal on economic issues.
4. I won't bother looking for six million sources for you.
5. I'm not always serious!
Also, read this!: A story written by a friend.

Magical Mystery Tour!
I should probably be marrying British East Pacific right now, since I love her and all, but nooooo. >>
Signature husband of KatBoo and Zeth Rekia.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Vandengaarde wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Huh? I would say the KKK fits rather well in to his suggestion, since they use standards for American/European living against other races.

But if it's universal, then everyone has to agree with it, even the KKK.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Vandengaarde
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vandengaarde » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Vandengaarde wrote:Huh? I would say the KKK fits rather well in to his suggestion, since they use standards for American/European living against other races.

Oh, that's what you meant....
:palm:
1. I'm not moderate.

Magical Mystery Tour!
I should probably be marrying British East Pacific right now, since I love her and all, but nooooo. >>

Respublika Goroda
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Respublika Goroda » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Vandengaarde wrote:Huh? I would say the KKK fits rather well in to his suggestion, since they use standards for American/European living against other races.

Universal in that no one likes being treated like shit, so don't treat people like shit. You can be relative all you want about it, but generally speaking, The Golden Rule applies.

EDIT: Also, the KKK are wrong. Blacks can be civilized just as much as whites cans. Whites can be criminal filth just like blacks can. It's all about environment, and thus saying that whites are superior based on their genetic code has been proven incorrect. So in effect they are disagreeing with an ethical standard that is supported by science.

That is what I mean by "universal".
Last edited by Respublika Goroda on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eireann Fae wrote:"I'M GONNA BLOW UP THIS AIRPORT!"

RP population is 5 million.

Vandengaarde
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vandengaarde » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Respublika Goroda wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Universal in that no one likes being treated like shit, so don't treat people like shit. You can be relative all you want about it, but generally speaking, The Golden Rule applies.

Speaking generally catches the wheels of society in ruts, my friend.
1. I'm not moderate.

Magical Mystery Tour!

Respublika Goroda
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Respublika Goroda » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Vandengaarde wrote:
Respublika Goroda wrote:

Speaking generally catches the wheels of society in ruts, my friend.

And so when my beliefs are widely adopted by society, it shall be the rebel that deposes them.

Vandengaarde
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vandengaarde » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Respublika Goroda wrote:
Vandengaarde wrote:Speaking generally catches the wheels of society in ruts, my friend.

And so when my beliefs are widely adopted by society, it shall be the rebel that deposes them.

The rebel may very well be a genius if his cause is supported by a majority.
Also, prejudice is sometimes necessary, though not if it's based on race or religion or mental stability or looks or whatever.
1. I'm not moderate.

Magical Mystery Tour!

Respublika Goroda
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Respublika Goroda » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Vandengaarde wrote:
Respublika Goroda wrote:

The rebel may very well be a genius if his cause is supported by a majority.
Also, prejudice is sometimes necessary, though not if it's based on race or religion or mental stability or looks or whatever.

As is generalization. ;)

Vandengaarde
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vandengaarde » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Respublika Goroda wrote:
Vandengaarde wrote:The rebel may very well be a genius if his cause is supported by a majority.

As is generalization. ;)

Except when you're applying something broad to the entire human population. Then it's just ridiculous.
1. I'm not moderate.

Magical Mystery Tour!

Respublika Goroda
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Respublika Goroda » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Vandengaarde wrote:
Respublika Goroda wrote:
As is generalization. ;)

Except when you're applying something broad to the entire human population. Then it's just ridiculous.

People like to be treated nicely regardless of who they are. That cannot be denied.

Vandengaarde
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vandengaarde » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Respublika Goroda wrote:
Vandengaarde wrote:Except when you're applying something broad to the entire human population. Then it's just ridiculous.

People like to be treated nicely regardless of who they are. That cannot be denied.

Not exactly, some are gluttons for punishment.

(Just a side note, I felt an odd sense of deja vu when I typed that. And it was creepy.)
1. I'm not moderate.

Magical Mystery Tour!

Respublika Goroda
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Respublika Goroda » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:43 pm

Vandengaarde wrote:
Respublika Goroda wrote:

Not exactly, some are gluttons for punishment.

(Just a side note, I felt an odd sense of deja vu when I typed that. And it was creepy.)

Perhaps. These are what we call "mentally ill". Or what I call, anyway. And yes, I judge people by my standard of right and wrong, and as such I'm a cruel, horrid fascist. :P

And that's interesting. Never had a deja vu over NS. Perhaps your dreams are becoming a little too rhetoric-centric?

Vandengaarde
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vandengaarde » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Respublika Goroda wrote:
Vandengaarde wrote:Not exactly, some are gluttons for punishment.

Perhaps. These are what we call "mentally ill". Or what I call, anyway. And yes, I judge people by my standard of right and wrong, and as such I'm a cruel, horrid fascist. :P

And that's interesting. Never had a deja vu over NS. Perhaps your dreams are becoming a little too rhetoric-centric?

And just a horrid person in general. ;)

And the deja vu was from talking about gluttons for punishment and stuff, I don't know why. It was, as I said, awkward.

Also, I'm off for the night, so don't expect the hasty responses you've been getting.
1. I'm not moderate.

Magical Mystery Tour!

Respublika Goroda
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Respublika Goroda » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:07 pm

Vandengaarde wrote:
Respublika Goroda wrote:

And just a horrid person in general. ;)

And the deja vu was from talking about gluttons for punishment and stuff, I don't know why. It was, as I said, awkward.

Also, I'm off for the night, so don't expect the hasty responses you've been getting.

G'night! :)

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:07 pm

Respublika Goroda wrote:Universal in that no one likes being treated like shit, so don't treat people like shit. You can be relative all you want about it, but generally speaking, The Golden Rule applies.

EDIT: Also, the KKK are wrong. Blacks can be civilized just as much as whites cans. Whites can be criminal filth just like blacks can. It's all about environment, and thus saying that whites are superior based on their genetic code has been proven incorrect. So in effect they are disagreeing with an ethical standard that is supported by science.

Morality doesn't have to be scientific. There's no scientific evidence that believing in Jesus makes you a better person, yet millions of Christians continue to believe that it does.

I find the KKK rather stupid and unpleasant, but moral values with no scientific support are still moral values no matter how much you or I dislike them. Not everyone shares your definitions of "civilized" and "criminal filth."

Respublika Goroda
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Respublika Goroda » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Respublika Goroda wrote:Universal in that no one likes being treated like shit, so don't treat people like shit. You can be relative all you want about it, but generally speaking, The Golden Rule applies.

Morality doesn't have to be scientific. There's no scientific evidence that believing in Jesus makes you a better person, yet millions of Christians continue to believe that it does.

I find the KKK rather stupid and unpleasant, but moral values with no scientific support are still moral values no matter how much you or I dislike them. Not everyone shares your definitions of "civilized" and "criminal filth."

But I think enough people would that one could certainly build a working society from my standards. One without the KKK, for example.

I'm rather aware of the subjectivity of morality, so there's no need to remind me of that, though I thank you for the attempt. :) I've come to my conclusions regarding the concept of ethics, and though they are subject to change, I'm also willing to let them solidify to an extent. For example, criminal filth includes unrepentant thrillkillers and rapists that act out of hedonistic pleasure. Civilized people put the common good and the good of others above their personal gain. My view. No need to try to prove otherwise. :)

Vandengaarde
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vandengaarde » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:12 am

Respublika Goroda wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

But I think enough people would that one could certainly build a working society from my standards. One without the KKK, for example.

I'm rather aware of the subjectivity of morality, so there's no need to remind me of that, though I thank you for the attempt. :) I've come to my conclusions regarding the concept of ethics, and though they are subject to change, I'm also willing to let them solidify to an extent. For example, criminal filth includes unrepentant thrillkillers and rapists that act out of hedonistic pleasure. Civilized people put the common good and the good of others above their personal gain. My view. No need to try to prove otherwise. :)

Except since everyone has different views on it, saying yours applies to everyone when you acknowledge it doesn't is kind of...hypocritical.
1. I'm not moderate.

Magical Mystery Tour!

ALMF
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ALMF » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Laerod wrote:There's that cherry picking again. Well, regardless of your opinion, the White Pride movement arose as protest against the civil rights movement and Black Pride. Deny that all you want.

Actually, it dates back to at least the 19th century and was a reaction against the abolitionist movement and the Civil War.

That said, white pride =/= white pride movement. I think this is the root of a lot of the bickering in this thread -- people are talking about 2 different things. Having white pride is just being proud of who and what you are. Being active in the white pride movement is racist and dumb.

I bleave the problem is the statement, "white pride =/= white pride movement" is false in practice: although true in theory. :palm:
a left social libertarian (all on a scale 0-10 with a direction: 0 centrist 10 extreme)
Left over right: 5.99
Libertarian over authoritarian: 4.2,
non-interventionist over neo-con: 5.14
Cultural liberal over cultural conservative: 7.6

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 5 percent are more extremist than you.

ALMF
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ALMF » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:

you jest proved his point the Cristians you mentioned are jest as wrong. See Richard Dalckins and {ill add the rest of the sources win i get back to my library}, faith seems to generate not suppress criminality. (this is true regardless of the religion)
a left social libertarian (all on a scale 0-10 with a direction: 0 centrist 10 extreme)
Left over right: 5.99
Libertarian over authoritarian: 4.2,
non-interventionist over neo-con: 5.14
Cultural liberal over cultural conservative: 7.6

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 5 percent are more extremist than you.

Teccor
Minister

Founded: Oct 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Teccor » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:56 pm

ALMF wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

you jest proved his point the Cristians you mentioned are jest as wrong. See Richard Dalckins and {ill add the rest of the sources win i get back to my library}, faith seems to generate not suppress criminality. (this is true regardless of the religion)

Objective: Lrn2spel
Requirements: None
Reward: Increased Self Esteem, Tacos
[Accept Quest?]
"The modern definition of "racist" is someone who is winning an argument with a liberal leftist." -Peter Brimelow
Important People
Minister of Commerce: Alexander Ferinzei
Minister of International Affairs: Mayumi Thyme
Minister of Internal Affairs: Desmond Vito
Minister of Defence: Martin Langfield
Wars
Shataristani War (Treaty Reached)
WarLev
Peacetime
[Arms Build-up]
Small-Scale Conflict
Full-Scale War
You... you snowman! ~ New Kereptica, on Racial Slurs
I find flipping people off to work quite well ~ Buffet and Colbert, on Dating
Zetion wrote:Fuck PETA, my meat tastes better knwoing they dont want me to eat it.
Marquesan wrote:Furthermore, a news flash. This just in from the department of pancakes: F*ck waffles.

Pakakwai
Secretary

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Pakakwai » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Respublika Goroda wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

The first thing is that the KKK are evil and racist, but that isn't a reason to look down at their religion. Most Christians are not racist.
Also some Antheists say that
Whites come from chimpanzees and blacks come from Orangutans, therefore because chimpanzees are smarter, so are whites.

So don't bring racism into science.
Last edited by Pakakwai on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:17 pm

Respublika Goroda wrote:But I think enough people would that one could certainly build a working society from my standards. One without the KKK, for example.

There isn't anything wrong with your moral standards. The problem is you will never weed out the people who disagree with you. There will always be people in every society who make arbitrary judgements of others. If you don't have the KKK you will have the NSDAP or al Qaida or some other collection of nutbags. You cannot build a society that does not have such people. The best you can do is keep them out of power.

Vandengaarde
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vandengaarde » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:24 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Respublika Goroda wrote:But I think enough people would that one could certainly build a working society from my standards. One without the KKK, for example.

There isn't anything wrong with your moral standards. The problem is you will never weed out the people who disagree with you. There will always be people in every society who make arbitrary judgements of others. If you don't have the KKK you will have the NSDAP or al Qaida or some other collection of nutbags. You cannot build a society that does not have such people. The best you can do is keep them out of power.

Unless you're a centrist, like me, because you can always find something you agree on with people. :p
1. I'm not moderate.

Magical Mystery Tour!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General