NATION

PASSWORD

Should Students be Expelled for Religious/Sexual Beliefs?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Should students be expelled for religious/sexual beliefs?

No to expulsion.
40%
Yes to expulsion
20%
Expulsion only if those beliefs promote criminal acts.
40%

Total votes : 366

You-Gi-Owe
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Should Students be Expelled for Religious/Sexual Beliefs?

Postby You-Gi-Owe » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:34 pm

I only have the one link for this story. If anyone wants to post other links, I'd find that helpful in getting the whole story.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=182441

Edit. Thanks to Delator for another link, even if it is the Huffington Post, of which I'm usually skeptical.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/26/jennifer-keeton-lawsuit-a_n_659274.html

BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS

'Lose Christianity or face expulsion'
Georgia student told to read 'gay' lit, attend 'pride parade,' change beliefs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 22, 2010
10:25 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Jen Keeton
A lawsuit against Augusta State University in Georgia alleges school officials essentially gave a graduate student in counseling the choice of giving up her Christian beliefs or being expelled from the graduate program.

School officials Mary Jane Anderson-Wiley, Paulette Schenck and Richard Deaner demanded student Jen Keeton, 24, go through a "remediation" program after she asserted homosexuality is a behavioral choice, not a "state of being" as a professor said, according to the complaint.

Also named as defendants in the case that developed in May and June are other administrators and the university system's board of regents.

The remediation program was to include "sensitivity training" on homosexual issues, additional outside study on literature promoting homosexuality and the plan that she attend a "gay pride parade" and report on it.

Where has higher education in America gone? Find out in "Freefall of the American University"

The lawsuit, filed by attorneys working with the Alliance Defense Fund, asserted the school cannot violate the Constitution by demanding that a person's beliefs be changed.

(Story continues below)

University "faculty have promised to expel Miss Keeton from the graduate Counselor Education program, not because of poor academic showing or demonstrated deficiencies in clinical performance, but simply because she has communicated both inside and outside the classroom that she holds to Christian ethical convictions on matters of human sexuality and gender identity," the law firm explained.

School spokeswoman Kathy Schose today declined to address the allegations in the case but agreed to discuss the counselor teaching program in general.

She cited the American Counseling Association's code of ethics and said students would be required to adopt its provisions.

"There is a code of ethics that govern counselors," she said. "They have to abide by the code of the profession."

Ethics codes generally govern behavior, and Schose denied the school was attempting to alter any student's beliefs or moral values.

But the lawsuit specifically charges the faculty members targeted Keeton's biblically based belief system and values, not her behavior regarding the treatment of any clients, which had not yet happened.

"Schenck told Miss Keeton that it was unethical for her to believe that her convictions should also be shared by other persons. … Schenck explained that while Miss Keeton was free to have points of view about how she personally should conduct and define herself, she may not believe that others should adopt the standards she personally is convinced are true," the lawsuit said.
Left to right: Richard Deaner, Paulette Schenck, Mary Jane Anderson-Wiley

"Anderson-Wiley confirmed that Miss Keeton will not be able to successfully complete the remediation plan and thus complete the (Augusta State University) counseling program unless she commits to affirming the propriety of gay and lesbian relationships if such an opportunity arises in her future professional efforts," it continued.

ADF Senior Counsel David French contended a public university student "shouldn't be threatened with expulsion for being a Christian and refusing to publicly renounce her faith, but that's exactly what's happening here."

"Simply put, the university is imposing thought reform," he said. "Abandoning one's own religious beliefs should not be a precondition at a public university for obtaining a degree. This type of leftist zero-tolerance policy is in place at far too many universities, and it must stop. Jennifer's only crime was to have the beliefs that she does."

Keeton's own e-mail response to the faculty members who allegedly were pressuring her to adopt a pro-homosexual belief system defines the dispute.

"At times you said that I must alter my beliefs because they are unethical. ... Other times you said that I can keep my beliefs so long as they are only personal and I don't believe that anyone else should believe like me. But that is just another way of saying that I must alter my beliefs, because my beliefs are about absolute truth. ... In order to finish the counseling program you are requiring me to alter my objective beliefs and also to commit now that if I ever may have a client who wants me to affirm their decision to have an abortion or engage in gay, lesbian or transgender behavior, I will do that. I can't alter my biblical beliefs, and I will not affirm the morality of those behaviors in a counseling situation," she wrote.

Faculty members had demanded she "attend at least three workshops … which emphasize … diversity training sensitive toward working with GLBTQ populations." They also wanted her to "develop" her knowledge of homosexuality by reading 10 articles and increasing her exposure to homosexuals and lesbians by attending "the Gay Pride Parade."

According to the complaint documentation, which also seeks a preliminary injunction in the case, Keeton asked Anderson-Wiley how her Christian convictions are any less acceptable than those of a Buddhist or Muslim student. Anderson-Wiley responded, "Christians see this population as sinners."

The complaint alleges Anderson-Wiley specifically told Keeton she was being asked to alter some of her beliefs. The "remediation" program included a statement that Keeton would be dismissed from the program if she chose not to comply, the lawsuit said.

"Unless and until defendant's unconstitutional speech-regulating policies and threatened … actions against Miss Keeton are enjoined, Miss Keeton will suffer and continue to suffer irreparable injury to her constitutional rights," the lawsuit said.

Among the alleged violations of the First and Fourteenth Amendments are viewpoint discrimination, compelled speech, equal protection and freedom of speech, it said.

"By conditioning Miss Keeton's continued enrollment in the (Augusta State University) school counselor master's degree program on her waiver of rights to speech and free exercise of religion … by requiring that she alter her beliefs and speech, and that she … commit to affirm in a hypothetical future context the ethical propriety of transgender and homosexual identification and behavior by others, as well as other values and behaviors she now disapproves, and which violate her religion convictions, defendants have imposed an unconstitutional condition on Miss Keeton," the complaint alleges.

"The First Amendment never permits the government to penalize beliefs in this manner," the complaint said.

The ADF said it also is litigating a case involving a Georgia counselor fired by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention because she would not agree to affirm homosexual behavior. While an earlier similar case at Missouri State has been resolved, there is another in which Eastern Michigan University is defendant on similar allegations.

In the Missouri State case, a social-work professor, Frank Kauffman, eventually was placed on leave as part of a settlement of the lawsuit brought on behalf of student Emily Brooker. The student had refused his assignment to lobby on behalf of homosexual adoptions because it violated her religious beliefs. She then was brought up on ethics charges in the school.

The settlement also included monetary damages and the removal of the charges against her from her record. The school's own commissioned conclusion in the case found "many students and faculty stated a fear of voicing differing opinions. … In fact, 'bullying' was used by both students and faculty to characterize specific faculty."

Julea Ward

In the still-pending case involving Eastern Michigan, lawmakers there considered calling top school officials on the carpet after they expelled from a counseling program a Christian student who refused to argue in support of the homosexual lifestyle.

As WND reported, trouble began for master's program student Julea Ward when she refused to accept a client whose issue concerned a homosexual relationship.

The school expelled her from the counseling program March 12, 2009, for refusing to abrogate her own personal religious beliefs and support the homosexual lifestyle.

Since then, Ward has brought a lawsuit through the Alliance Defense Fund Center for Academic Freedom.

Members of the Michigan Senate shortly later approved legislation that includes a provision calling on university counseling programs to evaluate and affirm how they can accommodate the religious beliefs of students.

State Rep. Tom McMillin told WND at the time the case was "extremely alarming," and there was growing support for an effort to penalize universities that don't accommodate religious beliefs.

"This is a state-taxpayer-supported university," he said. "She's got a court case. Hopefully that will be resolved."

In the case, the judge refused to dismiss the complaint, determining there were "genuine issues of material fact" about the school's "true motivations" for dismissing Ward from the program. Further, the judge concluded, the student's actions to avoid in advance a counseling session for which she had reservations probably followed professional ethical guidelines.

I'm curious. Suppose that there was a homosexual person in a Counseling Program, who was threatened with expulsion if refused to abandon the idea of homosexuality as normal and the person had a committed relationship to the idea that homosexuality is normal, would it be right to expell that person?

I really doubt that Miss Keeton or others like her will be seeking jobs in West Hollywood or similar neighborhoods, where they will even come into contact with the Homosexual Community. I can't see it doing any great harm to allow her to continue the couseling program and maintain her uncompromised religious beliefs/integrity
Last edited by You-Gi-Owe on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
“Man, I'm so hip I won't even eat a square meal!”
"We've always been at war with Eastasia." 1984, George Orwell
Tyrion: "Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!"
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” ~ James Madison quotes

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:35 pm

No, that's just plain silly.
Last edited by Zephie on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Bramborska
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Bramborska » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Goodness, this certainly sounds like some forced re-education.
A liberal is a person who believes that water can be made to run uphill. A conservative is someone who believes everybody should pay for his water. I'm somewhere in between: I believe water should be free, but that water flows downhill. - Theodore White
| Clint Eastwood 2012 |

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:38 pm

This is pure and utter bullshit! If they want to expel her then they should just do it, but don't tell someone to change their religion just because they're flaming leftist!
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:39 pm

It sounds like Counseling is the worst possible profession for this person to try to go in to.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Bramborska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bramborska » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Tmutarakhan wrote:It sounds like Counseling is the worst possible profession for this person to try to go in to.

I think LGBT Rights would be a worse field of study.
A liberal is a person who believes that water can be made to run uphill. A conservative is someone who believes everybody should pay for his water. I'm somewhere in between: I believe water should be free, but that water flows downhill. - Theodore White
| Clint Eastwood 2012 |

Wewtlandem
Minister

Founded: Jun 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wewtlandem » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:41 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:I only have the one link for this story. If anyone wants to post other links, I'd find that helpful in getting the whole story.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=182441

BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS

'Lose Christianity or face expulsion'
Georgia student told to read 'gay' lit, attend 'pride parade,' change beliefs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 22, 2010
10:25 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Jen Keeton
A lawsuit against Augusta State University in Georgia alleges school officials essentially gave a graduate student in counseling the choice of giving up her Christian beliefs or being expelled from the graduate program.

School officials Mary Jane Anderson-Wiley, Paulette Schenck and Richard Deaner demanded student Jen Keeton, 24, go through a "remediation" program after she asserted homosexuality is a behavioral choice, not a "state of being" as a professor said, according to the complaint.

Also named as defendants in the case that developed in May and June are other administrators and the university system's board of regents.

The remediation program was to include "sensitivity training" on homosexual issues, additional outside study on literature promoting homosexuality and the plan that she attend a "gay pride parade" and report on it.

Where has higher education in America gone? Find out in "Freefall of the American University"

The lawsuit, filed by attorneys working with the Alliance Defense Fund, asserted the school cannot violate the Constitution by demanding that a person's beliefs be changed.

(Story continues below)

University "faculty have promised to expel Miss Keeton from the graduate Counselor Education program, not because of poor academic showing or demonstrated deficiencies in clinical performance, but simply because she has communicated both inside and outside the classroom that she holds to Christian ethical convictions on matters of human sexuality and gender identity," the law firm explained.

School spokeswoman Kathy Schose today declined to address the allegations in the case but agreed to discuss the counselor teaching program in general.

She cited the American Counseling Association's code of ethics and said students would be required to adopt its provisions.

"There is a code of ethics that govern counselors," she said. "They have to abide by the code of the profession."

Ethics codes generally govern behavior, and Schose denied the school was attempting to alter any student's beliefs or moral values.

But the lawsuit specifically charges the faculty members targeted Keeton's biblically based belief system and values, not her behavior regarding the treatment of any clients, which had not yet happened.

"Schenck told Miss Keeton that it was unethical for her to believe that her convictions should also be shared by other persons. … Schenck explained that while Miss Keeton was free to have points of view about how she personally should conduct and define herself, she may not believe that others should adopt the standards she personally is convinced are true," the lawsuit said.
Left to right: Richard Deaner, Paulette Schenck, Mary Jane Anderson-Wiley

"Anderson-Wiley confirmed that Miss Keeton will not be able to successfully complete the remediation plan and thus complete the (Augusta State University) counseling program unless she commits to affirming the propriety of gay and lesbian relationships if such an opportunity arises in her future professional efforts," it continued.

ADF Senior Counsel David French contended a public university student "shouldn't be threatened with expulsion for being a Christian and refusing to publicly renounce her faith, but that's exactly what's happening here."

"Simply put, the university is imposing thought reform," he said. "Abandoning one's own religious beliefs should not be a precondition at a public university for obtaining a degree. This type of leftist zero-tolerance policy is in place at far too many universities, and it must stop. Jennifer's only crime was to have the beliefs that she does."

Keeton's own e-mail response to the faculty members who allegedly were pressuring her to adopt a pro-homosexual belief system defines the dispute.

"At times you said that I must alter my beliefs because they are unethical. ... Other times you said that I can keep my beliefs so long as they are only personal and I don't believe that anyone else should believe like me. But that is just another way of saying that I must alter my beliefs, because my beliefs are about absolute truth. ... In order to finish the counseling program you are requiring me to alter my objective beliefs and also to commit now that if I ever may have a client who wants me to affirm their decision to have an abortion or engage in gay, lesbian or transgender behavior, I will do that. I can't alter my biblical beliefs, and I will not affirm the morality of those behaviors in a counseling situation," she wrote.

Faculty members had demanded she "attend at least three workshops … which emphasize … diversity training sensitive toward working with GLBTQ populations." They also wanted her to "develop" her knowledge of homosexuality by reading 10 articles and increasing her exposure to homosexuals and lesbians by attending "the Gay Pride Parade."

According to the complaint documentation, which also seeks a preliminary injunction in the case, Keeton asked Anderson-Wiley how her Christian convictions are any less acceptable than those of a Buddhist or Muslim student. Anderson-Wiley responded, "Christians see this population as sinners."

The complaint alleges Anderson-Wiley specifically told Keeton she was being asked to alter some of her beliefs. The "remediation" program included a statement that Keeton would be dismissed from the program if she chose not to comply, the lawsuit said.

"Unless and until defendant's unconstitutional speech-regulating policies and threatened … actions against Miss Keeton are enjoined, Miss Keeton will suffer and continue to suffer irreparable injury to her constitutional rights," the lawsuit said.

Among the alleged violations of the First and Fourteenth Amendments are viewpoint discrimination, compelled speech, equal protection and freedom of speech, it said.

"By conditioning Miss Keeton's continued enrollment in the (Augusta State University) school counselor master's degree program on her waiver of rights to speech and free exercise of religion … by requiring that she alter her beliefs and speech, and that she … commit to affirm in a hypothetical future context the ethical propriety of transgender and homosexual identification and behavior by others, as well as other values and behaviors she now disapproves, and which violate her religion convictions, defendants have imposed an unconstitutional condition on Miss Keeton," the complaint alleges.

"The First Amendment never permits the government to penalize beliefs in this manner," the complaint said.

The ADF said it also is litigating a case involving a Georgia counselor fired by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention because she would not agree to affirm homosexual behavior. While an earlier similar case at Missouri State has been resolved, there is another in which Eastern Michigan University is defendant on similar allegations.

In the Missouri State case, a social-work professor, Frank Kauffman, eventually was placed on leave as part of a settlement of the lawsuit brought on behalf of student Emily Brooker. The student had refused his assignment to lobby on behalf of homosexual adoptions because it violated her religious beliefs. She then was brought up on ethics charges in the school.

The settlement also included monetary damages and the removal of the charges against her from her record. The school's own commissioned conclusion in the case found "many students and faculty stated a fear of voicing differing opinions. … In fact, 'bullying' was used by both students and faculty to characterize specific faculty."

Julea Ward

In the still-pending case involving Eastern Michigan, lawmakers there considered calling top school officials on the carpet after they expelled from a counseling program a Christian student who refused to argue in support of the homosexual lifestyle.

As WND reported, trouble began for master's program student Julea Ward when she refused to accept a client whose issue concerned a homosexual relationship.

The school expelled her from the counseling program March 12, 2009, for refusing to abrogate her own personal religious beliefs and support the homosexual lifestyle.

Since then, Ward has brought a lawsuit through the Alliance Defense Fund Center for Academic Freedom.

Members of the Michigan Senate shortly later approved legislation that includes a provision calling on university counseling programs to evaluate and affirm how they can accommodate the religious beliefs of students.

State Rep. Tom McMillin told WND at the time the case was "extremely alarming," and there was growing support for an effort to penalize universities that don't accommodate religious beliefs.

"This is a state-taxpayer-supported university," he said. "She's got a court case. Hopefully that will be resolved."

In the case, the judge refused to dismiss the complaint, determining there were "genuine issues of material fact" about the school's "true motivations" for dismissing Ward from the program. Further, the judge concluded, the student's actions to avoid in advance a counseling session for which she had reservations probably followed professional ethical guidelines.

I'm curious. Suppose that there was a homosexual person in a Counseling Program, who was threatened with expulsion if refused to abandon the idea of homosexuality as normal and the person had a committed relationship to the idea that homosexuality is normal, would it be right to expell that person?

I really doubt that Miss Keeton or others like her will be seeking jobs in West Hollywood or similar neighborhoods, where they will even come into contact with the Homosexual Community. I can't see it doing any great harm to allow her to continue the couseling program and maintain her uncompromised religious beliefs/integrity

:palm: :palm: :palm:

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Apparently "Yeah we don't really want you counseling unless you're more accepting and tolerant of gays because some of the people you counsel would be gay." is equal to "We're going to expel you from the university for being Christian."
Cool shit here, also here.

Conservation of energy, momentum, and angular momentum, logical consistency, quantum field theory, general respect for life and other low entropy formations, pleasure, minimizing the suffering of humanity and maximizing its well-being, equality of opportunity, individual liberty, knowledge, truth, honesty, aesthetics, imagination, joy, philosophy, entertainment, and the humanities.

Sucrati
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sucrati » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 pm

No, the students have the right to freedom of speech and religion, if this was a threat of expulsion because the student was homosexual, or a minority, it would make more headlines, but no, its a threat of expulsion because she's a Christian?!

That's not right to be forced to have the same views as her educators, no matter what, think about it, even if Christianity has had it's faults, its one of the most lenient religions in the world!
Economic Left/Right: 7.12; Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92
George Washington wrote:"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

You-Gi-Owe
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby You-Gi-Owe » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Tmutarakhan wrote:It sounds like Counseling is the worst possible profession for this person to try to go in to.

Maybe she wants to counsel other Christians?
Seems to me that would be her likely clientele.
Or do you not want her to be a counselor at all?
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” ~ James Madison quotes

Bramborska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bramborska » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:44 pm

Unhealthy2 wrote:Apparently "Yeah we don't really want you counseling unless you're more accepting and tolerant of gays because some of the people you counsel would be gay." is equal to "We're going to expel you from the university for being Christian."

All other things aside... You, of all people, should know that "remediation" is usually on the path towards a sacking.

EDIT: In any event, for reference

"faculty have promised to expel Miss Keeton from the graduate Counselor Education program"
Last edited by Bramborska on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| Clint Eastwood 2012 |

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:44 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:Maybe she wants to counsel other Christians?

That's still risky. What if she counsels closet homosexual Christians? None of her advise to them could possibly be psychologically healthy.

Conservation of energy, momentum, and angular momentum, logical consistency, quantum field theory, general respect for life and other low entropy formations, pleasure, minimizing the suffering of humanity and maximizing its well-being, equality of opportunity, individual liberty, knowledge, truth, honesty, aesthetics, imagination, joy, philosophy, entertainment, and the humanities.

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 pm

Bramborska wrote:All other things aside... You, of all people, should know that "remediation" is usually on the path towards a sacking.

"faculty have promised to expel Miss Keeton from the graduate Counselor Education program"

Why should I of all people know this?

You-Gi-Owe
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby You-Gi-Owe » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 pm

Unhealthy2 wrote:

That's still risky. What if she counsels closet homosexual Christians? None of her advise to them could possibly be psychologically healthy.

Of course it'd be healthy. If they follow her advice then they're much less likely to get AIDS.

The Adrian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Adrian Empire » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 pm

She should claim to be Muslim, just to confuse them. Like a logical paradox to a computer, who to defend among two minorities.

That is admittedly more intolerant then my usual posts, but I don't like this story one bit. It is a clear violation of freedom of thought regardless of that thought is homophobic.
From the Desk of His Excellency, Emperor Kyle Cicero Argentis
Region Inc. "Selling Today for a Brighter Tomorrow"
"What is the Price of Prosperity? Eternal Vigilance"
Let's call it Voluntary Government Minarchism
Economic: Left/Right (9.5)
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-2.56)
Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:The Adrian Empire is God.

Oh of course. But not to the leftists.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:I would just like to take this time to say... The Adrian Empire is awesome.
First imagine the 1950's in space, add free market capitalism, aliens, orcs, elves and magic, throw in some art-deco cities, the Roman Empire and finish with the Starship Troopers' Federation
The Imperial Factbook| |Census 2010

Bramborska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bramborska » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Unhealthy2 wrote:

What if she gets attacked by terrorists?

Er, what if an asteroid hits the Earth and destroys all her potential clientele?
| Clint Eastwood 2012 |

The Adrian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Adrian Empire » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:47 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Unhealthy2 wrote:

Of course it'd be healthy. If they follow her advice then they're much less likely to get AIDS.

Funny, abhorrent but funny.
From the Desk of His Excellency, Emperor Kyle Cicero Argentis
Region Inc. "Selling Today for a Brighter Tomorrow"
"What is the Price of Prosperity? Eternal Vigilance"
Let's call it Voluntary Government Minarchism
Economic: Left/Right (9.5)
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-2.56)
Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:The Adrian Empire is God.

Oh of course. But not to the leftists.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:I would just like to take this time to say... The Adrian Empire is awesome.
First imagine the 1950's in space, add free market capitalism, aliens, orcs, elves and magic, throw in some art-deco cities, the Roman Empire and finish with the Starship Troopers' Federation
The Imperial Factbook| |Census 2010

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:47 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:Of course it'd be healthy. If they follow her advice then they're much less likely to get AIDS.

Words cannot express how upset this post makes me. Excuse me while I try to find a thesaurus.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Bramborska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bramborska » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:48 pm

Unhealthy2 wrote:
Bramborska wrote:All other things aside... You, of all people, should know that "remediation" is usually on the path towards a sacking.

Why should I of all people know this?

I had this funny feeling you had been in a university setting for some time. Perhaps not?
| Clint Eastwood 2012 |

Gordonopia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordonopia » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Just another example of the double-standard of "tolerance". Christians have to sit down and shut up about there beliefs or they are "intolerant" and "bigoted" while homosexuals can shove their immoral lifestyle choices down everyone's throat and they are "inclusive" and "celebrating diversity". HA!
President of the World Assembly Conservative Union. Founder and WA Delegate of Moralistic Autocracies .

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:49 pm

So who wants to make an argument for expelling the student who just voiced her opinion?
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:50 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:Of course it'd be healthy.

So repressing your inborn sexuality is healthy?

If they follow her advice then they're much less likely to get AIDS.

1) Condoms exist. They work well.

2) You can only get AIDS if the other person has it.

3) Straight people have plenty of AIDS too.

4) Because lowering risk of AIDS is worth total sexual repression. Did you know that if you never have sex at all, you'll never get AIDS, or any other lovely problems? Yeah, why don't you do that? Probably for the same reason most gay people don't.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:50 pm

Gordonopia wrote:Just another example of the double-standard of "tolerance". Christians have to sit down and shut up about there beliefs or they are "intolerant" and "bigoted" while homosexuals can shove their immoral lifestyle choices down everyone's throat and they are "inclusive" and "celebrating diversity". HA!

Amen mate.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Quelesh
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Quelesh » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:50 pm

This is from World Net Daily, a "publication" to which I give no credence whatsoever. I don't believe a single thing they say.
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am." - Samuel Johnson

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Political Compass | Economic Left/Right: -7.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:51 pm

Bramborska wrote:What if she gets attacked by terrorists?

Er, what if an asteroid hits the Earth and destroys all her potential clientele?

Yeah, because those have a very similar probability to counseling Christians with repressed homosexual desires.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General