NATION

PASSWORD

The Oil War

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Castigonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

The Oil War

Postby Castigonia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:28 pm

--On the Manaten Hills, 20 miles due east of Eaglewood City limits. 8:35 P.M.--

At the Presidential Estate, Emperor/President Thatcher Mayes and his wife Julia Mayes were enjoying some fine Santo Monegrenese wine. The colony of Santo Monegro had had a fine wine year, and wine was in abundance there. The fire was fully stoked, the stars were out, and the kids were asleep. The place was deserted except for the night staff, who were very quiet.

All of a sudden, they heard tires scrunching up the gravel driveway, and shouting. A few minutes later, the Ministers of War, Communications, and Trade burst throgh the solid teak doors.

"Gentlemen, do you mind?" said Mayes.

"Sir, we may have a problem." said Minister of Communications Reginald Worthington.

Mayes turned to his wife. "excuse me a moment."

Mayes rushed down to sublevel C, where the Emergency Briefing Room was. He opened the door to see that all of the other ministers were there.

"What is going on?"

"Sir, we've just lost a TK-97 MOS." Said Worthington.

Mayes' face paled. "w-w-which one?"

"The one over Bhuzakhstan." said Minister of War Geoffrey Rowlings.

Mayes looked scared. Losing the Military Observation Satillite over Bhuzakhstan meant that the war there would be unsupervised. Everyone in the room knew this.

"That's not all, we've also lost the PAS Satilite and the TK-34 MOS over Sant Lucarest."

"You mean the Public Alert System is down?" Mayes looked terrified.

"Yes, it appears someone is beggining to start a war with us by these acts of hostility." said Rowlings.

"But who? There are thousands of nations that could be doing this!" Mayes stammered. "I must alert my wife, I must get her and the kids out of this zone!" Said Mayes.

"Yes, we will get your family to safety. But you and all of us must stay here, to make it seem as though everything is fine." Said Rowlings.

Mayes agreed.
IPPETASP, INTP,SDC, JSA observer
Embassies in: Aldarminia, Andorianus, Branchlandia, Britannia, Grantanata, Hazamaeia, Krsta, Lemonius, Lockswania, Lowell Leber, Mallchir, Mediterreania, New Zepuha, Of the Quendi, Orlkjestad, Osthia, Tarsas,Thurask, Unified Western States, Wadomia, Zeppy.

Colonies: Urelandia, Maruskan, Teotrias, Caltio, Santo Monegro, Kaltinas.

Participated in: Baptism of Fire 39,Friendly Cup 6, World Fair Play Trophy
Champions of: Nothing Yet
2nd Place in: Nothing yet
3rd Place in: Nothing yet

Alert level: 1 2 3 4 5

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:31 pm

"Sir, we have a report of a Castigonian satellite being shot down over Bhuzakstan"

"Bloody hell, alright, insert and instill peace"

Alarms are sounded in Laylo Air Force Base, 15 miles NW of Moscow. Sixteen F-51 Multi-role fighters are launched immediately, and stream towards Bhuzakstan
DEFCON 5
I will now go back to my easier habits of threatening to slice babies in half in order to find who the true mother is.- The Archregimancy
One other thing: There's no rule against profanity, but there IS a rule against spam. Bear that in mind, motherfuckers. - Lunatic Goofballs
"They. Are. Alive. Too." So are bacteria. I feel no pity when I use hand sanitizer.
-Conservative Morality
I hope they don't ban it. Going to the airport is the only time I can get anyone to feel me up anymore. -Minoriteeburg
"I'd find the tallest cliff I could, stand on the edge naked and hope I was sucked off." -Fartsniffage
Military Size: 46.2 Million (1%)

Blackhelm Confederacy
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Blackhelm Confederacy » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:42 pm

As the massive Griffincrest fleet began plowing over the sea en route to Castigonia, the Corporation still remained tight lipped about their plans to invade. This did not mean, however, that there was going to be now action as the fleet traveled. From that first dozen kinetic kill satellites, a storm was now brewing. Satellite after satellite was now smashing into Castigonian orbital assets all over LEO as Griffincrest prepared to completely disable the entire enemy system. By doing this, they hoped to completely blind their opponent and give the mercenaries a distinct advantage.

Elsewhere, wolfpacks roamed the seas, drawing the noose ever tighter as they came bearing down upon the hapless nation that had just recently struck oil. Castigonian shipping was going to be crippled, and the men of the Griffincrest Submarine Forces were going to do all in their power to ensure that the enemy would regret its decision not only to not sell to Griffincrest, but to rub salt in the wound and cancel their contracts.
~Got Oil?~

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Our F-51's land in Castigonia, and sit there waiting for orders.

A fleet is detected moving towards Castigonia, and the GVN Ambush is once again mobilized to check it out.

"A little to the left.... Perfect, lock on there"

The satellite locks onto the fleet, and notices the flags.

"Sir, we may have a problem here."

Meanwhile, in Valencian Space Command,

"SIr, Castigonian sats are smashing by the dozen!"

"Fuck, initiate operation: GALAXY, see what the hell is doing this"

25 F-693 recon planes are launched, and fly to 70,000 feet to recon the orbital sats
DEFCON 5
I will now go back to my easier habits of threatening to slice babies in half in order to find who the true mother is.- The Archregimancy
One other thing: There's no rule against profanity, but there IS a rule against spam. Bear that in mind, motherfuckers. - Lunatic Goofballs
"They. Are. Alive. Too." So are bacteria. I feel no pity when I use hand sanitizer.
-Conservative Morality
I hope they don't ban it. Going to the airport is the only time I can get anyone to feel me up anymore. -Minoriteeburg
"I'd find the tallest cliff I could, stand on the edge naked and hope I was sucked off." -Fartsniffage

Iron Coast (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Iron Coast (Ancient) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:54 pm

"Sir, Castigonia is under attack." Alexei Morshav swiveled quickly "By who?" Castigonia was an ally of Iron Coast and a realtively peaceful nation. Why would someone attack them? "Griffincrest, sir. They're an oil corporation. Castigonia recently discovered oil and voided all contracts with the company. Several Castigonian satellites and ships have been lost "accidentally" on account of Griffincrest. It's them." Morshav smiled. These moneygrubbing capitalists didn't know what they'd done. Send 5 fleets out there under Szalinski and Gracchus. I will telegram the Venn Alliance and attempt to bring down their full military might on these bastards." "Yes, sir."
"The People will answer to the State. And I am the State."
- Grand Admiral Alexei Morshav
"Peace sickens me."
- Admiral Otto Szalinski
Iron Coast is a warlike country. Live with it!

-Iron Coast State University: 100,100 students
-Alexei Morshav: 33 years in power
-Iron Coast Sports Association Current Goals:
Soccer: Win the Christian Cup
Basketball: Win the Iron Coast Invitational
Baseball: Win WBC 16
Am. Football: None
- Silvian Civil War-Ongoing

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:55 pm

Iron Coast wrote:"Sir, Castigonia is under attack." Alexei Morshav swiveled quickly "By who?" Castigonia was an ally of Iron Coast and a realtively peaceful nation. Why would someone attack them? "Griffincrest, sir. They're an oil corporation. Castigonia recently discovered oil and voided all contracts with the company. Several Castigonian satellites and ships have been lost "accidentally" on account of Griffincrest. It's them." Morshav smiled. These moneygrubbing capitalists didn't know what they'd done. Send 5 fleets out there under Szalinski and Gracchus. I will telegram the Venn Alliance and attempt to bring down their full military might on these bastards." "Yes, sir."

They havent invaded yet!
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Iron Coast (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Iron Coast (Ancient) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:58 pm

So we can't anchor five fleets of the coast and attempt to protect the country before they are invaded?
"Peace sickens me."
- Admiral Otto Szalinski

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:00 pm

OOC:You said to destroy them

OOC: Can you make a OOC thread, op please?
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Iron Coast (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Iron Coast (Ancient) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:04 pm

OOC: Exactly! They even try to set one foot on Castigonian shores we will blast them to bits.
"Peace sickens me."
- Admiral Otto Szalinski

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:04 pm

OOC: Omfg im making an OOC thread
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:06 pm

IGNORE
Last edited by Great Valencia on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Castigonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Castigonia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Embassies in: Aldarminia, Andorianus, Branchlandia, Britannia, Grantanata, Hazamaeia, Krsta, Lemonius, Lockswania, Lowell Leber, Mallchir, Mediterreania, New Zepuha, Of the Quendi, Orlkjestad, Osthia, Tarsas,Thurask, Unified Western States, Wadomia, Zeppy.

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:12 pm

To: Casitgonia
Encryption Level: 10/10

We ask permission to insert our forces into your nation for safety measures.
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Castigonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Castigonia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:14 pm

Great Valencia wrote:From: Great Valencian Military Command
To: Casitgonia
Encryption Level: 10/10

We ask permission to insert our forces into your nation for safety measures.

Affirmitive. Get them into Calewood City. It's on the southern coast, is a major trading hub, and is relitively undefended.

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:18 pm

"Very well."

Valencian Southern Military Control dispatches:

GVN Massive (Nuclear-Aircraft carrier)
6x battleships
9x destroyers
746 marines
16 F-51 fighters
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Beth Gellert
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Beth Gellert » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:20 pm

If Emperor/President Thatcher Mayes was surprised to find his satellites going off-line, he'd be unlikely to ever have put money on his being contacted directly by possibly the world's larges and most vitriolic Communist power, and certainly not contacted with an offer of aid, all be it conditional.

But here it was. Portmeirion -the seat of central government in the Igovian Soviet Commonwealth of Beddgelert, broadly analogous to Whitehall in Britain or the Kremlin in Russia- was, apparently, aware of the sudden collapse of the Castigonian orbital presence, and was prepared to offer a deal. A Comrade Vercingetoraja, Chairman of the National Defence Commission, suggested that the People's Cosmonautical Co-operative would be willing to reposition a number of Soviet satellites and give Castigonia real-time access to the data they gathered, and -so far as possible- offer communications and targeting data for government and military purposes. Doubtless there would be some inter-operability problems that could not be over-come in the short-term, but surveillance data at the very least could be passed on almost instantly, and Soviet communications technology had high compatibility with common foreign systems.

In return the Commonwealth was not asking for anything, directly. Rather it requested political and/or economic concessions for the people of Castigonia. Details would have to be worked-out in time, but the expectations were fairly straight-forward. Improve worker rights, enact legislation to encourage co-operative businesses, limit the power of corporations, offer more progressive healthcare, that sort of thing...

This was an unusual gesture from the Commonwealth, an experiment perhaps.

The PCC was already repositioning a number of orbital assets to feature in and near Castigonian skies, but as it had never revealed which satellites were being launched when and from where, it would be difficult if not impossible to discern the function of those altering course.

The possibility that this approach may cause some in the world to imagine that the Commonwealth might be behind the attacks from which it now sought to push its ideological agenda did not seem to have struck Vercingetoraja or his comrades.

Edit for "an" not, "and", drunky.
Last edited by Beth Gellert on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So True! So Brave! A Lamb At Home; A Lion In The Chase!
Factbook
All Power to the Soviets!
Pan-Celtic Alliance Observer

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:23 pm

Beth Gellert wrote:If Emperor/President Thatcher Mayes was surprised to find his satellites going off-line, he'd be unlikely to ever have put money on his being contacted directly by possibly the world's larges and most vitriolic Communist power, and certainly not contacted with an offer of aid, all be it conditional.

But here it was. Portmeirion -the seat of central government in the Igovian Soviet Commonwealth of Beddgelert, broadly analogous to Whitehall in Britain or the Kremlin in Russia- was, apparently, aware of the sudden collapse of the Castigonian orbital presence, and was prepared to offer a deal. A Comrade Vercingetoraja, Chairman of the National Defence Commission, suggested that the People's Cosmonautical Co-operative would be willing to reposition a number of Soviet satellites and give Castigonia real-time access to the data they gathered, and -so far as possible- offer communications and targeting data for government and military purposes. Doubtless there would be some inter-operability problems that could not be over-come in the short-term, but surveillance data at the very least could be passed on almost instantly, and Soviet communications technology had high compatibility with common foreign systems.

In return the Commonwealth was not asking for anything, directly. Rather it requested political and/or economic concessions for the people of Castigonia. Details would have to be worked-out in time, but the expectations were fairly straight-forward. Improve worker rights, enact legislation to encourage co-operative businesses, limit the power of corporations, offer more progressive healthcare, that sort of thing...

This was an unusual gesture from the Commonwealth, and experiment perhaps.
The PCC was already repositioning a number of orbital assets to feature in and near Castigonian skies, but as it had never revealed which satellites were being launched when and from where, it would be difficult if not impossible to discern the function of those altering course.

The possibility that this approach may cause some in the world to imagine that the Commonwealth might be behind the attacks from which it now sought to push its ideological agenda did not seem to have struck Vercingetoraja or his comrades.

We're the Soviet Union aswell, so please designate Beth Gellert, not Soviet Union.

"Ahem.

MEN!!!! PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION!"

The men quiet down

"Today, we are going to- holy shit... Beth Gellert is offering support? Wait, what the fuck is going on here
Last edited by Great Valencia on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Mallchir
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mallchir » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:35 pm

OOC:TAG will post in the next 30 minutes

I took the political compass test and I lined up perfectly with ghandi... So don't bad talk ghandi or ill go crazy.

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 03, 2007
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Encrypted Personal Letter to Claudius Griffencrest, from Grand Commander Griffith Victor

I feel that it is of interest to me that you succeed in retaking the oil fields from these Castigonian fellows. Perhaps I could send a Brigade of my Special Tactics Force Agents to assist? After all, they're the personal property of me, and have no affiliations with my government whatsoever.

Sincerely,

Griffith Victor.
United States Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer turned Private Military Contractor
Basque American
NS's only post-apoc, neo-western, cassette-punk, conspiracy-laden, pseudo-mystic Fascist UN-clone utopia
Peace sells, but who's buying? | Right is the new punk
A Better Class of Fascist
Got Discord? Add me at griff1337
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.13
Amerikians: That sir, is one Epic Tank.
Altamirus: Behold the fascist God of War.
Aelosia: Shiiiiit, you are hot. More pics, I demand.

Castigonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Castigonia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Beth Gellert wrote:If Emperor/President Thatcher Mayes was surprised to find his satellites going off-line, he'd be unlikely to ever have put money on his being contacted directly by possibly the world's larges and most vitriolic Communist power, and certainly not contacted with an offer of aid, all be it conditional.

This was an unusual gesture from the Commonwealth, an experiment perhaps.

Edit for "an" not, "and", drunky.

---Capitol Building, Sublevel H---

The Emergency War Room was bustling with activity, as people scrambled about and encoded messages were sent to allied nations. But all activity stopped when Thatcher Mayes entered the room. At a hand gesture, everyone went back to work.

Mayes headed into the Emergency Conference Room.

"All right, whats the situation?" He asked

"We've lost three more TK MOS's, a 23 over Therion, a 96 over Belecoste, an a 12 over the colony of Maruskan. We've also lost 4 convoys in various parts of the worlds' oceans." Said Minister of Trade Quentin Harmonay.

"We've also had a request from the Igovian Soviet Commonwealth of Beddgelert. They will help us, in exchange for us to pass some bills of a certain nature." Said Minister of War Rowlings.

"But, they are Communists! We officially hate Communism! Our scientists proved it can't work in large scale!" Mayes was astounded.

"I know, but it's the only choice, or the will side with the Communist rebels, who will almost certainly side with the enemy." Said Rowlings.

"Okay send the message out." ordered Mayes.

The message was sent Igovian Soviet Commonwealth of Beddgelert was clear to send forces in.
Last edited by Castigonia on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Great Valencia will pull out from this war, however, any hostile activities near our land or military, will result in destruction of offending unit.

Our ships will be patrolling Castigonian waters all day, and will not fire unless fired upon
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Comorostan
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Comorostan » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:27 pm

tag
The People's State of Comorostan - communist Zoroastrians
Member of Kayfabeland

Beth Gellert
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Beth Gellert » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Clear to send-in forces? This wasn't exactly what the Chairman of the National Defence Commission had been aiming for, but he'd take it... why not?

From the Cornalam Soviet Federation -one of the Commonwealth's eighteen member states- a recently-readied battle-fleet got under-way, interrupting a cricket match that had been in-progress on the deck of the carrier Zintharia. It probably wasn't all that often that cricket games were interrupted by a, "turf on the catapults" call from the umpire.

Fleet Commander Vernomaros aboard the battleship Democracy lead-out a fleet incorporating two dozen fleet aircraft carriers and as many amphibious assault ships, over thirty LPDs, seventy-five fleet submarines, eight cruisers, over two hundred frigates and destroyers, and so on and so forth.

Portmeirion made no public statements on the matter. The fleet lifted anchor and set out, and that was all.
So True! So Brave! A Lamb At Home; A Lion In The Chase!
Factbook
All Power to the Soviets!
Pan-Celtic Alliance Observer

Mallchir
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mallchir » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:30 pm

encoded communiqué to Castigonian Government:
Code: Select all
The Armed Republic of Mallchir will send a force of 5,000 light paratroopers to wherever you deem necessary.
This corporation has no right to attack your people.
-Eternal Prime Minister Snafu
-Ambassador to Castigonia: Ambasador Wurz

General Order to the Mallchir Ministry of Defence:
Code: Select all
Prepare the 2nd Light Infantry Brigade for an air drop. Destination will be given when the operation begins.

I took the political compass test and I lined up perfectly with ghandi... So don't bad talk ghandi or ill go crazy.

Sophisticism
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sophisticism » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:34 am

Encoded message to Castigonian government:
I have called several officials in the state. We cannot supply your forces with additional soldiers.
However, I've contacted a large satellite communication company called CallNOW; They have a satellite located above the region, and are willing to let your army use it as a satellite phone service provider. They charge $5 per minute, but our ministry of finance agreed to pay all expenses.

-Signed, Mara Sinatra, Sophisticated ambassador in Castigonia.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents