NATION

PASSWORD

Blue Ridge | The Starlight Advertiser Hits The Presses!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Hulldom
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Blue Ridge | The Starlight Advertiser Hits The Presses!

Postby Hulldom » Tue May 14, 2024 3:53 pm

Welcome to...
Blue Ridge!

Welcome, stranger!

We're so glad you've found our mountain hovel and hope everything finds you well! We're a plucky new region founded back in late January 2024 by Hulldom, former Delegate of the North Pacific. While Hulldom is our founder, that's where our ties outside of our own backyards end. Founded largely as a passion project with the idea of giving people freedom to roam and build their own stories, that's exactly what the experience has been so far. We have a government, but a sleepy one, and we have an incredibly active Roleplay scene filled with both newcomers to the game just getting their feet wet and experienced players showing the way and having a blast while doing it. Put simply, we're a place that tries to be an NS "home" to everyone!

As for what we want from the outside world, well, that's simple. We come in peace and we hope to bring the charm and kindness we've cultivated to the broader stage. We'd love it if you'd love to reach out to us and see what we have to offer, the same as we'd love to hear what you have to offer. We may not have complementary pie like our early friends in The Sasquatch Republic or anything other than a community of some of the nicest people you'll meet on NS--oh, and one very cute cat named Cookie who is absolutely our mascot--we'd love to make your acquaintance. As someone from the Blue Ridge Mountains natively, I've tried to impart a vision of kindness and good cheer that permeates the mountains to this dear community of mine.

So, maybe come see what's what! You might find some new friends, you might find your next diplomatic partner, or you might find your new home on NationStates. :)

Warmly,
~~Hulldom
Founding Pioneer, Chair of the Executive Council, and World Assembly Delegate

Current Government
Last Updated May 14, 2024
Executive Council

• Hulldom, Chair of the Executive Council, Founder, World Assembly Delegate
  • Ashlinla, Foreign Minister, Assistant RP Coordinator
  • Cobodics, RP Coordinator Emeritus
Cabinet

• Irestonia, Culture Minister, Assistant RP Coordinator
  • Adkissa, Integration Minister, Assistant RP Coordinator
Roleplay Leadership

Recent Updates

Last edited by Hulldom on Tue May 21, 2024 8:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
...Are you my life to be? My dream come true?

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Tue May 14, 2024 3:54 pm

The Starlight Advertiser (May 14, 2024): The Road So Far

Chair of the Executive Council

By way of an explainer, Blue Ridge's Executive Council can be thought of as a group of people who oversee the IC direction of the region nebulously--not unlike the Consulate of the League and Concord or the Senate of the New Pacific Order. However, we strive to be a bit more than that. When I selected the original members of the Executive Council, I picked people who I felt could be more than just good politicians, I looked for people who were already striving to be community leaders while retaining the humility to engage with "the rest of 'em". I found just that. To that end, we've been working quietly behind the scenes on a variety of things--some of them formalities like approving embassies and the like--while also silently considering what the future of our region needs and deserves and planning all that out. We've also been materially contributing to Blue Ridge's security by being effective stewards of our endorsements, and having a blast interacting with every single nation whose graced us thus far.

Foreign Affairs Ministry

The Blue Ridge Foreign Affairs department has been working lately to develop partnerships with other regions of a similar mindset. We are working to partner with regions that share similar goals for the long term developments of region and community. We have already established relationships with multiple regions and would love to find others! We have also begun to work with a handful of these regions in planning for events, one of which our lovely Culture Minister Irestonia has already planned. I would also like to recognize the efforts of our wonderful diplomats and ambassadors for their continued work in securing a friendly spot for the Blue Ridge on the world stage.

Culture Ministry

The Blue Ridge Ministry of Culture has been hard at work refocusing its mission the last few weeks. While our initial goals overlapped with the Integration Department and included pointing prospective players toward our Roleplay, we now have our own unique spot on the proverbial map. We've been taking advantage of our newfound freedom to plan out the cultural items a growing region needs--including a Battleship tournament we'll be hosting at some point soon. Our guests of honor are our friends from the Augustin Alliance, but all are welcome to explore our home and play a fun game with us!

Integration Ministry

The Integration Department has been working hard to make people feel welcomed and part of the Blue Ridge community. We’ve gotten people into the regional RP, directed them towards our Discord server, and really just tried to encourage people to get involved. We often work closely with the Culture and RP departments, and have made things pretty simple to get involved with as a result! As suggested, we love it when people decide to get involved here—whether they’re from Blue Ridge or elsewhere—so please, reach out and say “Hey!” if you feel like it!

Message from the Roleplay Multiverse

We here at Blue Ridge are very proud of our growing Roleplay community. We are maintaining an alternate history map that so far has advanced to 2026. We have several developing areas of interest that are ripe for new players to make a name for themselves. As of now, we have a basic set of guidelines in place, and allow our players to pursue nearly any end they wish to as long as it is within reason. We have an active diplomatic community who are constantly seeking to form alliances and hash out issues, as well as some developing global conflicts. Over the summer of 2024, our team plans to put together a comprehensive system of rules and guidelines for war (and peacetime) that we will implement--provide a starting point for those new to RP and complexity to long-time players. Our world is thriving and changing fast, and there are several developing situations you may be interested in:

New European Order
Europe never really recovered after the Napoleonic wars. New nations arose to fill the void. There is ongoing conflict over French hegemony in Western and Southern Europe. Conflict in the Balkans is brewing as pirates rule the seas. The East remains largely unorganized, ready for a new power to emerge. Europe may soon regain its place as the center of Western affairs.

Disunited States of America
America is in a perpetual state of standoff. The Union lies shattered after years of war and new groupings of states remain to pick up the pieces. Will they coexist and lead the way for a bright new future for the new world, or will one go through blood and gore to rule them all?

The struggle for Spanish America
With the Stratospheric’s influence growing, they seem poised to dominate the continent of South America, already coming into conflict with their northern neighbors over the Panama Canal. Will a new power arise to challenge them?

A developing Asia
The state of the Far East remains a mystery, with poorly organized groups vying for local power. The area is ripe for a new power to rise and claim hegemony over the area.

One Small Island
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby One Small Island » Tue May 14, 2024 4:19 pm

It's wonderful to see Blue Ridge flourishing, Hull. :D
Generally Retired
They//Them
Trying to find peace and enjoyment in the game again.

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Tue May 14, 2024 4:39 pm

One Small Island wrote:It's wonderful to see Blue Ridge flourishing, Hull. :D

Thank you so much, Raz! :)

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Wed May 15, 2024 10:26 am

It’s nice to see a new region start to flourish and find itself so quickly!
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Varanius
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Wed May 15, 2024 12:47 pm

Welcome to the GP forums, BR :)

(Dont care, I’m calling it that now)
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guardian of the West Pacific
Author of SC#401
Gameplays Most Popular

Angeloid Astraea wrote:I can't think of anyone that creates controversy out of nothing better than you!
Excidium Planetis wrote:Yeah, if you could enlighten me as to why you're such an asshole, that would be great.
Koth wrote:Vara is such a dedicated hater, it's impressive
Mlakhavia wrote:Vara isn't a gameplay personality, he's a concentrated ball of spite

Haymarket Riot
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 29, 2023

Postby Haymarket Riot » Wed May 15, 2024 12:56 pm

Happy to see Blue Ridge doing well!
Mayor of Ridgefield||Diplomatic Officer of the Augustin Alliance
IC: President Jolene Josephine Jefferson of Haymarket Riot
Formerly: Lieutenant in the Black Hawks, Delegate of Pacifica, Prime Director of Anteria
Author of SC 228 "Commend August"
I'm a chick.
"Love is wise, hatred is foolish" - Bertrand Russell

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Wed May 15, 2024 2:07 pm

Varanius wrote:Welcome to the GP forums, BR :)

(Dont care, I’m calling it that now)

That's the abbreviation I've been using. :P
Haymarket Riot wrote:Happy to see Blue Ridge doing well!

Thank you so much! :)

Chipoli
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chipoli » Wed May 15, 2024 6:39 pm

Welcome to the forums, Blue Ridge! I wish you all the best of luck with your development.
Vice Delegate of The North Pacific

All my comments represent my views and my views only unless otherwise indicated.

Angeloid Astraea
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Angeloid Astraea » Wed May 15, 2024 6:50 pm

I like the name. Think you'll get involved in raiding? =D
JOY TO THE WORLD
CAN YA HEAR ME?

SANCTIONED by MGC:"On Europe"

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Wed May 15, 2024 7:07 pm

Angeloid Astraea wrote:I like the name. Think you'll get involved in raiding? =D

We're probably a ways away from being involved in R/D. Just wanted to put our name out there right now. But who knows? We'll have to see when and if we join R/D what our citizenry wants.

Adkissa
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 13, 2024
New York Times Democracy

Postby Adkissa » Sun May 19, 2024 9:00 am

Angeloid Astraea wrote:I like the name. Think you'll get involved in raiding? =D

"Tomorrow is only found in the calendar of fools."

I've already seen a number of surprises from BR, so who's to say what we'll end up doing?
Everything I say is OOC unless obviously otherwise.
The Republic of Adkissa
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Blue Ridge

Arstotskiano
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 19, 2021
Corporate Police State

Postby Arstotskiano » Sun May 19, 2024 10:57 am

i love that newspaper name
colonthreenuke

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Sun May 19, 2024 12:39 pm

Arstotskiano wrote:i love that newspaper name

Thank you!

And shout out to Adkissa for making our seal that I just remembered to put in the OP!

Supurior
Secretary

Founded: Feb 06, 2024
New York Times Democracy

Postby Supurior » Wed May 29, 2024 2:55 pm

Hulldom wrote:

We're probably a ways away from being involved in R/D. Just wanted to put our name out there right now. But who knows? We'll have to see when and if we join R/D what our citizenry wants.

I would choose Defender over raider!
I have a Left-wing ideology, i am Pro-Palestine, Anti-Trump, and Support LGBTQ+ Rights

Angeloid Astraea
Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Angeloid Astraea » Wed May 29, 2024 3:09 pm

Supurior wrote:
Hulldom wrote:We're probably a ways away from being involved in R/D. Just wanted to put our name out there right now. But who knows? We'll have to see when and if we join R/D what our citizenry wants.

I would choose Defender over raider!

Aw, why's that?
JOY TO THE WORLD
CAN YA HEAR ME?

Supurior
Secretary

Founded: Feb 06, 2024
New York Times Democracy

Postby Supurior » Wed May 29, 2024 5:35 pm

Angeloid Astraea wrote:
Supurior wrote:I would choose Defender over raider!

Aw, why's that?

Eh, regions deserve to have a chance.
I have a Left-wing ideology, i am Pro-Palestine, Anti-Trump, and Support LGBTQ+ Rights

Angeloid Astraea
Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Angeloid Astraea » Wed May 29, 2024 6:26 pm

Supurior wrote:
Angeloid Astraea wrote:Aw, why's that?

Eh, regions deserve to have a chance.

Defenders invade and destroy regions too, so you're better off being neither, I guess. =P
JOY TO THE WORLD
CAN YA HEAR ME?

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Thu May 30, 2024 9:42 am

Angeloid Astraea wrote:
Supurior wrote:Eh, regions deserve to have a chance.

Defenders invade and destroy regions too, so you're better off being neither, I guess. =P

What circle of hell is agenda posting in the embassy thread of a region that has no military
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Angeloid Astraea
Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Angeloid Astraea » Thu May 30, 2024 10:23 am

Canton Empire wrote:
Angeloid Astraea wrote:Defenders invade and destroy regions too, so you're better off being neither, I guess. =P

What circle of hell is agenda posting in the embassy thread of a region that has no military

I am unapologetic about my agenda to provide basic gameplay information. >=]
JOY TO THE WORLD
CAN YA HEAR ME?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay