NATION

PASSWORD

Nothing

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
The Female Fist
Civilian

Founded: Dec 31, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Nothing

Postby The Female Fist » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:12 am

Ok, how to see nothing. Well, it is complicated. Black is something, so if you would close your eyes (and see black) you would still see something. So, how do I see nothing, how does nothing look? :blink:

Lagene
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 31, 2023
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lagene » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:15 am

Well light is also something so if nothing is something than how do you see nothing? Can you?
But then again darkness is the abscence of light so is that nothing? No that is something AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hello from Lagene, a beautiful European nation that is known for its kindness and inclusivity.
Nationstates Stats were sucked into a black hole
Tier 9 Type 5 Class 1.4 according to This Index
My Political Views
NS Stats were retrieved from a black hole and are canon
A European home office member
He/Him
Nationstates stats were put in jail
A part of the NFED
And the The Coalition for Enduring Freedom Assembly
Nationstates Stats were Bailed out of jail and are canon.

Daphomir
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 30, 2024
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Daphomir » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:19 am

The concept of 'nothing' is debatable. Many say that darkness, pitch black is nothing, but that is not the case. Pure darkness and pitch black is still something. Even if nothing exists, there still is something. A void of total emptiness, with emptiness itself being something. Therefore, it is impossible for 'nothing' to physically exist; it is but a metaphorical term.
Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Communism

All NS stats are canon (except for Atheism)

Tramontanum
Secretary

Founded: Apr 05, 2024
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Tramontanum » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:31 pm

Any form of perception or thought is technically something; so by definition any perceived or imagined absence is also something. Ergo, if the absence of light is darkness and is perceived or imagined, then it is something.

To have true nothingness there must not only be an absence of something (or anything), but also no perception of it either physically or mentally. So yes, it is possible; there can be nothing, but it is not perceivable or imaginable, for the moment it is either it is no longer truly nothing.
Last edited by Tramontanum on Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome to the ancient lands of
- = T Λ Λ M = -
Factbook
A low-fantasy MT nation and near-absolute monarchy
I like TGs

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:23 am

Greetings,

This board is an in-character Roleplay board for discussing your nation and its national information. [More on how to use Factbooks and National Information].

Your thread seems like it's an OOC general discussion thread regarding the abstract concept of nothingness, and so appears to be off-topic for this board's purpose. Your thread seems like it would be better suited to the [General] board, but I cannot transfer it there, as it wouldn't pass muster for a [sufficient OP].

So, regrettably, it will be locked.

Return to Factbooks and National Information