NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Kids In The Government

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Arlandias
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 01, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[DRAFT] Kids In The Government

Postby Arlandias » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:11 pm

Kids In The Government

Debate: After constant complaints by citizens of @@NAME@@ concerning of random children entering your office, the public are worried for their safety in such a complex space.

"They can't be here! This is a very mature place! Having children invade the @@CAPITAL@@ Parliament is... is childish!" says the out-of-touch Minister of Youth @@RANDOM_MALE_NAME@@. "We've become too 'hip' with the kids. I think it's about time that we just replace their video... iPad... doohickeys with books. Cold, hard books."

Fallout: It's become 'hip' to read the newest Encyclopedias.

"Hold on, let me get a picture with the 2 of us, @@LEADER@@! This will go viral." famous child influencer @@RANDOM_FEMALE_NAME@@ snaps a picture with your eyes blinked. "This is a public place, isn't it? That's what my mom told me. What's the harm of letting some people have fun in the boring building? It's too... grey."

Fallout: Mothers will usually make @@LEADER@@ babysit their children.

"I may have a compromise." your niece speaks up, while trying to cover the hole that she usually uses to break in. "We could have us work for you! More money for us, more money for you!" your niece nudges you on the shoulder. "Just give it a try, we can get more experience in the working world this way."

Fallout: Children file government officials taxes.
[new policy: Child Labour]

Asteralia
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 29, 2024
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asteralia » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:35 am

It's okay.

I'd revise option three to read like this:

"I may have a compromise." your niece speaks up, while trying to cover the hole that she usually uses to break in. "You could have us work for you! More money for us, more money for you!" your niece nudges you on the shoulder. "Just give it a try, we can get more experience in the working world this way."

The "we" there makes the sentence sound weird.

Arlandias
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 01, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arlandias » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 pm

Asteralia wrote:It's okay.

I'd revise option three to read like this:

"I may have a compromise." your niece speaks up, while trying to cover the hole that she usually uses to break in. "You could have us work for you! More money for us, more money for you!" your niece nudges you on the shoulder. "Just give it a try, we can get more experience in the working world this way."

The "we" there makes the sentence sound weird.

Thanks, I will do that in the next draft I make once i get more input :3

Sprose
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 10, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sprose » Fri May 03, 2024 1:15 pm

"the public are worried for their safety in such a complex space." this is presented as the problem, but the options actually don't address this but are more about if children are useful or detrimental to the government.
So maybe frame the problem more if children are distracting to leader. then the options make more sense. or if an influx of social media marketing has increased the number of children in the office.

that said, option 1 doesn't do anything about the children just gets rid of tablets. maybe frame it more clearly as boring the children away? (also validity not No computers). or maybe something like, children should be in school not the office.

Option 2, does it change the status quo? it seems like now children can walk in the office and after this option its the same? maybe have them run the marketing or give children voting rights or something else, or have at all times. or have leader promote youth culture. it seems a little vague. but I do get the vibe of this option :)

I like option 3!

Return to Got Issues?