NATION

PASSWORD

The Future of Warragamba Dam, Sydney

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

The Future of Warragamba Dam, Sydney

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:57 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-06/ ... /103677270
https://hawkesburypost.com.au/nsw-gover ... l-raising/
https://www.9news.com.au/national/wild- ... d59c6eda4c

So I was originally going to post a thread about Sydney's latest deluge in the Weather thread but:
A. Considering that he constantly fails to change the thread title to reflect major weather events outside of the USA, it appears that San Lumen, the OP of that thread, doesn't care
2. It's evolved to be its own story that goes well, well beyond the weather in the first place

As much as I love the Minns government, they really fucked up on this one. And it's probably due to the worst mainstream political party, the Greens, whose policies are worse than shit. To call the Greens' policies shit is an insult to shit, but that's beside the point

So as Sydney is facing its latest deluge, Sydney's largest reservoir Warragamba Dam, is getting spilt again, causing a major flood to the region. Flooding which is once again effecting the residential areas which have been there since the 19th century, The local residents and council have had enough and are demanding that the government raise the dam wall. However, the government has reversed the previous government's decision to do so stating cost and time constraints, opting to, instead, lower the dam's capacity

For fuck's sake. This is just shit. Chris Minns, the premier of New South Wales has stated that it's not worth doing this because it'll take 10 years. Seriously? Even if it does take ten years, we won't be having this fucked up debate in the next ten years, will we? The best time to plant a tree was 20 years, the second best time is right now really applies to this. And you're going to lower Sydney's dam level? Seriously? Yea, that's what a city prone to drought needs with a rapidly increasing population needs, less water! Good fucking job Christopher! Good job! Fucking hell

And Chris Minns said that he wouldn't decrease Warragamba's water supply there was an other source of fresh water, perhaps a second desalination plant, instead of you know, having a second desalination plant AND more water in our largest reservoir for the same price, and increasing our overall water supply. Good fucking job. Just decrease our water supply and building a second desalination plant, instead of building a second desalination plant with the same Warragamba supply. Good fucking job! What a colossal fuck up!

I hope this becomes an election issue

Anyways NSG, what do you think?
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:16 am

Bump!
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to General