NATION

PASSWORD

The Multiversal Mutual Defense Pact (MMDP) [OOC & Signups]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Multiversal Mutual Defense Pact (MMDP) [OOC & Signups]

Postby Cerespasia » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:05 am

Overview


Image
The Multiversal Mutual Defense Pact (MMDP; Cervian: Pacte du Défense Mutuelle Multiversal, PDMM), also referred to as the Virton Defense Pact is an intergovernmental military alliance centered around The Virton Accords, which lists the necessity for unity within the countless nations of the multiverse, collective security of it's member states as well as upholding their shared political ideals, namely democracy, international counterterrorism and abolitionism as it's pillar ideals. The alliance itself is a supranational political and military alliance focused on providing its member states both economic and military aid in times of need, as well as equal political leverage as every other member state, along with national security during peace time. The MMDP comprises of nations across the NS multiverse which share one or more ideals that relate to the Virton Accords.

The main branches of the MMDP include the Multiversal Assembly (MA), MMDP Collective Force (MFOR), MMDP Intelligence Division (MIDV) MMDP Red Cross Division (MRCO), each with a different part to play within the greater scheme of the organization.

The Multiversal Assembly is the informal name given to leaders and/or national representatives of MMDP member states. It's main task is to discuss future Pact actions thoroughly before it can be officially carried out. It is also the name of the official headquarters of the MMDP in Virton.

The Collective Force (MFOR) is the Pact's primary military branch. A mainly military-operations related branch, it's main task is to plan and carry out the MMDP's military operations effectively against external threats. It's personnel and equipment is from that of it's member states, and as such, it is very diverse, and can often lead to logistical problems at worst, but if coordinated carefully, it can prove itself to be an exceptionally deadly fighting force on the international stage.

The Red Cross Division (MRCO) is responsible for overseeing humanitarian relief operations and providing aid to volatile regions the MMDP might encounter, some even consider it to be the balance to MFOR. The MRCO often works in conjunction with MFOR units and local volunteers during relief operations.

The Intelligence Division (MIDV) is the "eyes and ears" of the Pact. This branch is responsible for monitoring activity from other nations suspected to be at odds with MMDP interests, as well as provide to the Pact at large, information regarding sensitive enemy intel such as planned military movements, stronghold locations, etc. The MIDV's operations and true purpose remains classified, and it is the Pact's most clandestine branch.



The Virton Accords

Be it declared, that the nations who have willingly signed this article have unanimously agreed upon the following articles:


Article I : That this collective of like-minded nations will hereby refer to themselves as the Virton Defense Pact or VDP.

Article II: That the purpose of the VDP is to bring a semblance of unity, cohesion and security to any and all nations of the multiverse, regardless of distance, population, technological advancement, standing military and economic development.

Article III : That the member states of the VDP are to uphold the Accords' values, namely: Democracy, Human Rights, International Counterterrorism and Abolitionism, by any means necessary.

Article IIV : That All member states of the VDP are equal with one another in terms of political power and leverage, be it regionally or internationally. All members have equal voices within the VDP Assembly and have the right to challenge/disobey the Virton Accords, namely Articles VI, VII, VIII a, VIII b, VIII c, XII and XIII. If it is in the name of the greater good.

Article V : That All member states of the VDP have the right to leave the Pact any time. Only if they provide a valid reasoning for doing so.

Article VI : That the VDP are to always approach any international political situation using diplomatic solutions first and foremost. Military action is only reserved for when the aforementioned diplomatic solutions fail.

Article VII : That any and all proposed military action will be subjected to reviewing before it can be carried out.

Article VIII a : That All member states of the VDP are encouraged to allocate a minimum of 0.50% of their annual GDP income in order to fund future VDP military/humanitarian relief operations, be it directly or through government charity programs. Private corporations are not allowed to allocate theirs.

Article VII b : That All member states of the VDP are to donate a minimum of 5% and a maximum of 18% of their armed forces personnel and equipment to the VDP Collective Force or VFOR. Member states that cannot donate theirs are exempt from this, only if they provide a valid reasoning for doing so.

Article VIII c : That All member states of the VDP are to donate a minimum of 5% and a maximum of 25% of available medical personnel and equipment to the VDP Red Cross or VRCO. Member states that cannot donate a part are exempt from this, only if they provide a valid reasoning for doing so.

Article IX : That All member states of the VDP are to always act as one cohesive unit in times of peril. An attack on a single member of the VDP is an attack on all member states of the VDP.

Article X : That All member states of the VDP shall enter an indefinite non-aggression pact with each other in order to prevent disnuity and chaos within the Pact. Should there be any infighting or disagreement between Pact members, the status of membership of the member state(s) in question shall be put into review.

Article XI : That All member states of the VDP shall respond immediately to any internal threats to the VDP, and by extent, attempt to fully assess and neutralize the aforementioned internal threat before it could cause further damage to the Pact.

Article XII : That the VDP are to always cooperate with the International Community as well as abide by International Law during times of conflict.

Article XIII : That the VDP are encouraged to cooperate with other intergovernmental organizations on any diplomatic or military situation of note, be it directly or indirectly.


Signed,



Applications


Membership application:
Code: Select all
[spoiler=Membership Application][b]Full name of nation:[/b]
[b]Head of state:[/b]
[b]Head of government:[/b]
[b]Name of MA representative:[/b]
[b]State ideology:[/b]

[b]Does your nation agree to the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords?[/b]
[b]Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, it's various member states and their collective interests?[/b]
[b]Will your nation be willing to always take diplomatic action first and foremost?[/b]
[b]Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations?[/b]
[b]Will your nation be willing to play an active role with MRCO?[/b]
[b]Additional reasons for your membership application:[/b]
[b]Are you a puppet or an alt nation? if so, please state your main nation's name:[/b][/spoiler]


Observer Application:
Code: Select all
[spoiler=Membership Application][b]Full name of nation:[/b]
[b]Head of state:[/b]
[b]Head of government:[/b]
[b]Name of representative:[/b]
[b]State ideology:[/b]

[b]Does your nation agree to the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords?[/b]
[b]Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, it's various member states and their collective interests in times of peril?[/b]
[b]Will your nation be willing to take diplomatic action?[/b]
[b]Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations?[/b]
[b]Will your nation be willing to play an active role with MRCO?[/b]
[b]Additional reasons for your observer application:[/b]
[b]Are you a puppet or an alt nation? if so, please state your main nation's name:[/b][/spoiler]




Last edited by Cerespasia on Sun May 19, 2024 12:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:09 am

Last edited by Cerespasia on Wed May 15, 2024 10:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:24 am

/blatantlyshamelessbump
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
GermanEmpire of kaisereich
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1741
Founded: Dec 02, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby GermanEmpire of kaisereich » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:00 am

Full name of the nation:Universal German Empire
Head of state:Goddess-Empress of Humanity Victoria III
Head of government:Supreme Minister August von Hindenburg
Name of MA representative:Angela Forheguen
State Ideology:Universal Constitutional Militarist Monarchy

Does your nation agree with the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords?Yes.
Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, its various member states and their collective interests?Yes, the Empire will fight with all its weapons
Will your nation be willing to always take diplomatic measures first?Yes, and we will always be ready to use our forces if necessary.
Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations?Yes, wherever the Empire is needed we will be there
Will your nation be willing to play an active role with MRCO?Yes
Additional reasons for your request to join:The Empire always wanted an alliance with another Universe, but was never able to do so
Are you a puppet or an alternative nation? If yes, please indicate the name of your main country:No
Just a Futuristic, vengeful, militarized, expansionist German Empire, nothing much to worry about, unless you're one of my targets, then you need to worry. :P
A nation of 51.6 in democracy according to this https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=528862.
Victioria tears up Treaty and Peace banning Chemical Weapons production in Germany and the destruction of chemical weapons, chemical factories began producing chemical materials, ´´Chemical Terror´´ imminent.

User avatar
Eusan Federation
Diplomat
 
Posts: 663
Founded: Mar 08, 2024
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eusan Federation » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:17 am

Full name of nation:
Head of state: KLBR-M7239 “Enya”
Head of government: The Panel of Chairpeople
Name of representative: AMSR-M1005 “Bridget”
State ideology: Social Anocracy

Does your nation agree to the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords? Partially. We don’t like total democracy over here.
Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, it's various member states and their collective interests in times of peril? Unless it conflicts with our other interests
Will your nation be willing to take diplomatic action? Same as above
Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations? Yes
Will your nation be willing to play an active role with the MRCO? Unsure for the moment, but it’s possible
Additional reasons for your observer application: Just interested in talks!
Are you a puppet or an alt nation? if so, please state your main nation's name:nope!
Tech level: Borderline MT/PMT in the Frontier Territories, late PMT with FT elements in the “home system.” Semi-isolationist. Based on Signalis’ Eusan Nation and Eusan Empire, controlling both of their former territories plus territories in the NS world, which are the base of operations for RP scenarios. Demographics of NS territories leans strongly towards more Replikas than humans. (the term Gestalt has been abolished in this timeline) Most NS stats are non-canon, though they generally paint an ok picture of how things are. Autocracy and No Immigration are not canon. Partially based on my IRL views.

Canon population in the Frontier Territories: 180M
Canon population in the home system: ~40B (roughly, spread out over 6 planets) NOTE: the home system is rarely used for RP.

User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Sat May 04, 2024 3:27 am

GermanEmpire of kaisereich wrote:
Full name of the nation:Universal German Empire
Head of state:Goddess-Empress of Humanity Victoria III
Head of government:Supreme Minister August von Hindenburg
Name of MA representative:Angela Forheguen
State Ideology:Universal Constitutional Militarist Monarchy

Does your nation agree with the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords?Yes.
Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, its various member states and their collective interests?Yes, the Empire will fight with all its weapons
Will your nation be willing to always take diplomatic measures first?Yes, and we will always be ready to use our forces if necessary.
Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations?Yes, wherever the Empire is needed we will be there
Will your nation be willing to play an active role with MRCO?Yes
Additional reasons for your request to join:The Empire always wanted an alliance with another Universe, but was never able to do so
Are you a puppet or an alternative nation? If yes, please indicate the name of your main country:No


Eusan Federation wrote:
Full name of nation:
Head of state: KLBR-M7239 “Enya”
Head of government: The Panel of Chairpeople
Name of representative: AMSR-M1005 “Bridget”
State ideology: Social Anocracy

Does your nation agree to the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords? Partially. We don’t like total democracy over here.
Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, it's various member states and their collective interests in times of peril? Unless it conflicts with our other interests
Will your nation be willing to take diplomatic action? Same as above
Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations? Yes
Will your nation be willing to play an active role with the MRCO? Unsure for the moment, but it’s possible
Additional reasons for your observer application: Just interested in talks!
Are you a puppet or an alt nation? if so, please state your main nation's name:nope!


Both applications are Accepted. Welcome to the Pact, esteemed member states!
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Sun May 05, 2024 1:57 am

/bump
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
Res Publica Galactica
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Feb 29, 2024
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Res Publica Galactica » Sun May 05, 2024 5:35 am

Is this all tech or what? Just wondering before I join.
Terra Magnifica Gloria's second attempt at getting into FT roleplay.
Factbooks will be written before I do anything stupid.

User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Sun May 05, 2024 7:43 am

Res Publica Galactica wrote:Is this all tech or what? Just wondering before I join.

All tech, but mainly MT.
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
Bakivaland
Diplomat
 
Posts: 625
Founded: Jul 18, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bakivaland » Sun May 05, 2024 12:45 pm

Full name of nation: Confederacy of Bakivaland
Head of state: Simon Hans Manchester
Head of government: Simon Hans Manchester
Name of representative: Georgi Durnil
State ideology: Classical Liberalism

Does your nation agree to the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords? Yes.
Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, it's various member states and their collective interests in times of peril? No.
Will your nation be willing to take diplomatic action? Yes.
Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations? Possibly.
Will your nation be willing to play an active role with MRCO? Possibly.
Additional reasons for your observer application: No interest in military conflict yet, just want to join as a prospective member to maybe join the future.
Are you a puppet or an alt nation? if so, please state your main nation's name: N/A
An avid politics nerd.

Be a nice person. I love you! unless you're a not nice person >:(

User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Mon May 06, 2024 7:08 am

Bakivaland wrote:
Full name of nation: Confederacy of Bakivaland
Head of state: Simon Hans Manchester
Head of government: Simon Hans Manchester
Name of representative: Georgi Durnil
State ideology: Classical Liberalism

Does your nation agree to the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords? Yes.
Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, it's various member states and their collective interests in times of peril? No.
Will your nation be willing to take diplomatic action? Yes.
Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations? Possibly.
Will your nation be willing to play an active role with MRCO? Possibly.
Additional reasons for your observer application: No interest in military conflict yet, just want to join as a prospective member to maybe join the future.
Are you a puppet or an alt nation? if so, please state your main nation's name: N/A

Your request for membership as a "Prospective member", after careful review and consideration has been Accepted.
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Wed May 15, 2024 1:01 am

IC Thread is now up and running!
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
Munkcestrian RepubIic
Minister
 
Posts: 2147
Founded: May 05, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed May 15, 2024 3:16 am

Full name of nation: Munkcestrian Republic
Head of state: George Fenwick
Head of government: George Fenwick
Name of MA representative: G. G. Fenwick
State ideology: Enslavement

Does your nation agree to the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords? Yes
Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, it's various member states and their collective interests? Yes
Will your nation be willing to always take diplomatic action first and foremost? Yes
Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations? Yes
Will your nation be willing to play an active role with MRCO? Yes
Additional reasons for your membership application: n/a
Are you a puppet or an alt nation? if so, please state your main nation's name: n/a
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Wed May 15, 2024 6:16 am

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:
Full name of nation: Munkcestrian Republic
Head of state: George Fenwick
Head of government: George Fenwick
Name of MA representative: G. G. Fenwick
State ideology: Enslavement

Does your nation agree to the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords? Yes
Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, it's various member states and their collective interests? Yes
Will your nation be willing to always take diplomatic action first and foremost? Yes
Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations? Yes
Will your nation be willing to play an active role with MRCO? Yes
Additional reasons for your membership application: n/a
Are you a puppet or an alt nation? if so, please state your main nation's name: n/a

Your application is Denied. As the practice of slavery goes against the Virton Accords.
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
Munkcestrian RepubIic
Minister
 
Posts: 2147
Founded: May 05, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed May 15, 2024 6:19 am

Cerespasia wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:
Full name of nation: Munkcestrian Republic
Head of state: George Fenwick
Head of government: George Fenwick
Name of MA representative: G. G. Fenwick
State ideology: Enslavement

Does your nation agree to the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords? Yes
Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, it's various member states and their collective interests? Yes
Will your nation be willing to always take diplomatic action first and foremost? Yes
Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations? Yes
Will your nation be willing to play an active role with MRCO? Yes
Additional reasons for your membership application: n/a
Are you a puppet or an alt nation? if so, please state your main nation's name: n/a

Your application is Denied. As the practice of slavery goes against the Virton Accords.

No it doesn't. There's nothing in there about slavery. Something about 'abolitionism', but we're in full support of prison abolitionism (enslave or execute them instead).
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Wed May 15, 2024 6:21 am

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:
Cerespasia wrote:Your application is Denied. As the practice of slavery goes against the Virton Accords.

No it doesn't. There's nothing in there about slavery. Something about 'abolitionism', but we're in full support of prison abolitionism (enslave or execute them instead).

Abolitionism, or the abolitionist movement, is the movement to end slavery and liberate slaves around the world.

The first country to fully outlaw slavery was France in 1315, but it was later used in its colonies. Under the actions of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, chattel slavery has been abolished across Japan since 1590, though other forms of forced labour were used during World War II. The first and only country to self-liberate from slavery was actually a former French colony, Haiti, as a result of the Revolution of 1791–1804. The British abolitionist movement began in the late 18th century, and the 1772 Somersett case established that slavery did not exist in English law. In 1807, the slave trade was made illegal throughout the British Empire, though existing slaves in British colonies were not liberated until the Slavery Abolition Act in 1833. Vermont was the first state in America to abolish slavery in 1777. By 1804, the rest of the northern states had abolished slavery but it remained legal in southern states. By 1808, the United States outlawed the importation of slaves but did not ban slavery outright until 1865.

In Eastern Europe, groups organized to abolish the enslavement of the Roma in Wallachia and Moldavia between 1843 and 1855, and to emancipate the serfs in Russia in 1861. The United States would pass the 13th Amendment in December 1865 after having just fought a bloody Civil War, ending slavery "except as a punishment for crime". In 1888, Brazil became the last country in the Americas to outlaw slavery. As the Empire of Japan annexed Asian countries, from the late 19th century onwards, archaic institutions including slavery were abolished in those countries.

After centuries of struggle, slavery was eventually declared illegal at the global level in 1948 under the United Nations' Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Mauritania was the last country to officially abolish slavery, with a presidential decree in 1981.[1] Today, child and adult slavery and forced labour are illegal in almost all countries, as well as being against international law, but human trafficking for labour and for sexual bondage continues to affect tens of millions of adults and children.
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
Munkcestrian RepubIic
Minister
 
Posts: 2147
Founded: May 05, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed May 15, 2024 6:25 am

Cerespasia wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:No it doesn't. There's nothing in there about slavery. Something about 'abolitionism', but we're in full support of prison abolitionism (enslave or execute them instead).

Abolitionism, or the abolitionist movement, is the movement to end slavery and liberate slaves around the world.

The first country to fully outlaw slavery was France in 1315, but it was later used in its colonies. Under the actions of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, chattel slavery has been abolished across Japan since 1590, though other forms of forced labour were used during World War II. The first and only country to self-liberate from slavery was actually a former French colony, Haiti, as a result of the Revolution of 1791–1804. The British abolitionist movement began in the late 18th century, and the 1772 Somersett case established that slavery did not exist in English law. In 1807, the slave trade was made illegal throughout the British Empire, though existing slaves in British colonies were not liberated until the Slavery Abolition Act in 1833. Vermont was the first state in America to abolish slavery in 1777. By 1804, the rest of the northern states had abolished slavery but it remained legal in southern states. By 1808, the United States outlawed the importation of slaves but did not ban slavery outright until 1865.

In Eastern Europe, groups organized to abolish the enslavement of the Roma in Wallachia and Moldavia between 1843 and 1855, and to emancipate the serfs in Russia in 1861. The United States would pass the 13th Amendment in December 1865 after having just fought a bloody Civil War, ending slavery "except as a punishment for crime". In 1888, Brazil became the last country in the Americas to outlaw slavery. As the Empire of Japan annexed Asian countries, from the late 19th century onwards, archaic institutions including slavery were abolished in those countries.

After centuries of struggle, slavery was eventually declared illegal at the global level in 1948 under the United Nations' Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Mauritania was the last country to officially abolish slavery, with a presidential decree in 1981.[1] Today, child and adult slavery and forced labour are illegal in almost all countries, as well as being against international law, but human trafficking for labour and for sexual bondage continues to affect tens of millions of adults and children.

You copied that from Wikipedia.
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Wed May 15, 2024 6:27 am

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:
Cerespasia wrote:Abolitionism, or the abolitionist movement, is the movement to end slavery and liberate slaves around the world.

The first country to fully outlaw slavery was France in 1315, but it was later used in its colonies. Under the actions of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, chattel slavery has been abolished across Japan since 1590, though other forms of forced labour were used during World War II. The first and only country to self-liberate from slavery was actually a former French colony, Haiti, as a result of the Revolution of 1791–1804. The British abolitionist movement began in the late 18th century, and the 1772 Somersett case established that slavery did not exist in English law. In 1807, the slave trade was made illegal throughout the British Empire, though existing slaves in British colonies were not liberated until the Slavery Abolition Act in 1833. Vermont was the first state in America to abolish slavery in 1777. By 1804, the rest of the northern states had abolished slavery but it remained legal in southern states. By 1808, the United States outlawed the importation of slaves but did not ban slavery outright until 1865.

In Eastern Europe, groups organized to abolish the enslavement of the Roma in Wallachia and Moldavia between 1843 and 1855, and to emancipate the serfs in Russia in 1861. The United States would pass the 13th Amendment in December 1865 after having just fought a bloody Civil War, ending slavery "except as a punishment for crime". In 1888, Brazil became the last country in the Americas to outlaw slavery. As the Empire of Japan annexed Asian countries, from the late 19th century onwards, archaic institutions including slavery were abolished in those countries.

After centuries of struggle, slavery was eventually declared illegal at the global level in 1948 under the United Nations' Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Mauritania was the last country to officially abolish slavery, with a presidential decree in 1981.[1] Today, child and adult slavery and forced labour are illegal in almost all countries, as well as being against international law, but human trafficking for labour and for sexual bondage continues to affect tens of millions of adults and children.

You copied that from Wikipedia.

My point still stands.

Abolitionism = Dismantling of slavery.
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
Munkcestrian RepubIic
Minister
 
Posts: 2147
Founded: May 05, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed May 15, 2024 6:31 am

Cerespasia wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:You copied that from Wikipedia.

My point still stands.

Abolitionism = Dismantling of slavery.

Abolitionism has many definitions. Why are you so opposed to slavery, anyway?
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Wed May 15, 2024 6:33 am

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:
Cerespasia wrote:My point still stands.

Abolitionism = Dismantling of slavery.

Abolitionism has many definitions. Why are you so opposed to slavery, anyway?

One way or another, slavery is related to racism.
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
Munkcestrian RepubIic
Minister
 
Posts: 2147
Founded: May 05, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed May 15, 2024 6:36 am

Cerespasia wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:Abolitionism has many definitions. Why are you so opposed to slavery, anyway?

One way or another, slavery is related to racism.

False. We enslave anyone.
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

User avatar
Greater Aswal
Diplomat
 
Posts: 656
Founded: Jan 01, 2024
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Greater Aswal » Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

Full name of nation: The Armed Republic of Greater Aswal
Head of state: President Petrov
Head of government:President Petrov
Name of MA representative: President Petrov
State ideology: Abel-ism (yes thats its real name) (Restriction of capitalism but not socialism. Implementation of religious word as law too.)

Does your nation agree to the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords? Yes.
Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, it's various member states and their collective interests? Most Definitely
Will your nation be willing to always take diplomatic action first and foremost? Fine.
Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations? 100% without a doubt
Will your nation be willing to play an active role with MRCO? Call me n I will be there. Yes!
Additional reasons for your membership application: Cerespasia’s suggestion, withdraw symptoms from lack of good RPs
Are you a puppet or an alt nation? if so, please state your main nation's name:
Wallingtonshire wrote:President Petrov be pulling all the shawties
Terra Magnifica Gloria wrote:I know it means “barrack” as in the military building to house troops but for some reason when I first read the title I thought it was a therapy clinic run by Barack Obama.
Christian. I think worship of Mary is idolatry, and monarchies are sinful as they give people the titles of “lord” and “king”. I still pray to Mary and the saints but the prayers are purely for assistance, not worship.
Aswal 3 : Weird Shenanigans

LIVE |—————⏮️▶️⏭️: You matter! Jesus loves you!| South Jakea annexed, naming changes coming to Aswal!| Ex-president Barack Obama opens therapy clinic

User avatar
Munkcestrian RepubIic
Minister
 
Posts: 2147
Founded: May 05, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed May 15, 2024 8:51 am

What if we promise to gradually abolish slavery?
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

User avatar
Cerespasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 968
Founded: May 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerespasia » Wed May 15, 2024 10:08 pm

Greater Aswal wrote:
Full name of nation: The Armed Republic of Greater Aswal
Head of state: President Petrov
Head of government:President Petrov
Name of MA representative: President Petrov
State ideology: Abel-ism (yes thats its real name) (Restriction of capitalism but not socialism. Implementation of religious word as law too.)

Does your nation agree to the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords? Yes.
Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, it's various member states and their collective interests? Most Definitely
Will your nation be willing to always take diplomatic action first and foremost? Fine.
Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations? 100% without a doubt
Will your nation be willing to play an active role with MRCO? Call me n I will be there. Yes!
Additional reasons for your membership application: Cerespasia’s suggestion, withdraw symptoms from lack of good RPs
Are you a puppet or an alt nation? if so, please state your main nation's name:

After careful consideration, your apppliaction is Accepted. Welcome to the pact!
CERES IS BACK!
And I want some more..!
NSStats executed via full auto magdump from M55B Battle Rifle.
Current year: 19989 After Time. | Earthly equivalent: 2016 A.D.

Current flag: The stylized Standard of the Republic, feat. BDU'ed Henry.

User avatar
Greater Aswal
Diplomat
 
Posts: 656
Founded: Jan 01, 2024
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Greater Aswal » Wed May 15, 2024 11:59 pm

Cerespasia wrote:
Greater Aswal wrote:
Full name of nation: The Armed Republic of Greater Aswal
Head of state: President Petrov
Head of government:President Petrov
Name of MA representative: President Petrov
State ideology: Abel-ism (yes thats its real name) (Restriction of capitalism but not socialism. Implementation of religious word as law too.)

Does your nation agree to the articles mentioned in the Virton Accords? Yes.
Will your nation be willing to defend the MMDP, it's various member states and their collective interests? Most Definitely
Will your nation be willing to always take diplomatic action first and foremost? Fine.
Will your nation be willing to participate in any foreseeable military operations? 100% without a doubt
Will your nation be willing to play an active role with MRCO? Call me n I will be there. Yes!
Additional reasons for your membership application: Cerespasia’s suggestion, withdraw symptoms from lack of good RPs
Are you a puppet or an alt nation? if so, please state your main nation's name:

After careful consideration, your apppliaction is Accepted. Welcome to the pact!


Thank you mister stickman on a flag
Wallingtonshire wrote:President Petrov be pulling all the shawties
Terra Magnifica Gloria wrote:I know it means “barrack” as in the military building to house troops but for some reason when I first read the title I thought it was a therapy clinic run by Barack Obama.
Christian. I think worship of Mary is idolatry, and monarchies are sinful as they give people the titles of “lord” and “king”. I still pray to Mary and the saints but the prayers are purely for assistance, not worship.
Aswal 3 : Weird Shenanigans

LIVE |—————⏮️▶️⏭️: You matter! Jesus loves you!| South Jakea annexed, naming changes coming to Aswal!| Ex-president Barack Obama opens therapy clinic

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assassins BrotherHoodd, Awesome Imperium, British Arzelentaxmacone, Champlania, Etwepe, Generic empire, North Nixia, Pridelantic people, Reprapburg, Royanne, The Daeva, The Way Sun Cooperation

Advertisement

Remove ads