NATION

PASSWORD

Witch Hunt (closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Volkovograd
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Witch Hunt (closed)

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 pm

Text (and House Strega) theme:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X6cogix3cwQ

House Strega Curia, Volkovograd

The gothic fortress of the Curia was a very foreboding building. Gargoyles and murals decorated its spiked surface, red incense wafted through its dark halls. In its dark catacombs chained books of lore and strange relics lay, with stranger things still. It was a very fitting place for House Strega and their Inquisition to be housed.

The Arch-Cardinal walked the muraled halls, his antlered deer mask and crimson robes cutting an imposing figure as his unnaturally gaunt frame dwarfed the Witchfinder General that he was speaking too. “I have read the signs myself, General. It is very possible that Arakhkhar houses witches devoted to Crom, or possibly worse entities still. For the sake of the faith, an investigation must be held. Send your best man, understood?” The Arch-cardinal said, turning his head to look down at the Witchfinder General, his neck bones creaking as he does so. “It shall be done, your eminence..”

Coastal Port, Arakhkhar

The dark angular craft was a small, fast private vessel. Surprisingly technologically advanced, but House Strega was rich off the donations of the faithful. They could afford the best.
Two people disembarked from it, and began looking for their Arakhkharan greetings. The priest, Father Alexander Strega was younger than most priests, and was a spry 65. He wore hooded robes with a unantlered deer skull mask. Several amulets were draped over his neck, and he carried a bag with the tools of the trade. The Witchfinder was known only as ‘Heinrich’, and was part of the Sacred Order of our Lady in Death, most commonly shortened to ‘the Order of Witchfinders.’ He was 39, with a jagged scar across his face. He wore more practical shorter black robes, with more refined and clinical looking amulets. Less ramshackle. A large high caliber pistol is visible on his belt, and it is engraved with strange occult symbols. Several small stakes are stored in his belt, and he also carries a briefcase. They are a… strange pair…

Arakhkhar
Minister

Founded: Jan 03, 2024
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm

Port of Solkhar
All was quiet in Arakhkhar. The gentle rumblings of a storm in the Sovalan sea gave way to city lights upon the moonlit sea.

Unlike with Lord Volkov, there was little in the way of a welcoming committee. Two Arakhkharan Department of Compliance units - effectively, paramilitary policing units, sat at the rendezvous point. From the darkness above them, a pair of glowing purple goggles watched them - out of sight. Obviously, an ISI agent.

A single Priestess of the Imperial Church also stood up on high, in her dark robes… watching the exchange.
”In a civilized society, there are always people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded."
Principality of Arakhkhar
Founder of the International Security Directorate.

This message has been communicated by the Department of International Affairs External Outreach Division
Wherever applicable, factbooks/dispatches take precedence over stats for RP.

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:Port of Solkhar
All was quiet in Arakhkhar. The gentle rumblings of a storm in the Sovalan sea gave way to city lights upon the moonlit sea.

Unlike with Lord Volkov, there was little in the way of a welcoming committee. Two Arakhkharan Department of Compliance units - effectively, paramilitary policing units, sat at the rendezvous point. From the darkness above them, a pair of glowing purple goggles watched them - out of sight. Obviously, an ISI agent.

A single Priestess of the Imperial Church also stood up on high, in her dark robes… watching the exchange.

They both begin walking towards the two department Compliance units… and then the priest stops. His reddish eyes scanning the horizon. “We are being watched…” he rasps, looking at the hill. The Witchfinder glances at the two guards. “You two know anything about this?” He asks with a raised eyebrow, his muscles bulging under his robes as he cracks his knuckles and eyes their surroundings warily. Never discount a Strega’s feelings. He had been a Witchfinder long enough to know that…

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm

“It is to be expected.”
The DoC unit replied, her visage obscured by the darkness - and by a black mask.
“I am Officer Jayda.”
“My colleague is Officer Carina.”
She looked up at the ISI agent, and her Priestess companion.
Her voice was marked by disinterest - she had been assigned to protecting… witchhunters. A waste of time, in her mind - and she did not like the idea of foreigners poking around with forces they should not.
“They will observe.”
”In a civilized society, there are always people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded."

This message has been communicated by the Department of International Affairs External Outreach Division

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:“It is to be expected.”
The DoC unit replied, her visage obscured by the darkness - and by a black mask.
“I am Officer Jayda.”
“My colleague is Officer Carina.”
She looked up at the ISI agent, and her Priestess companion.
Her voice was marked by disinterest - she had been assigned to protecting… witchhunters. A waste of time, in her mind - and she did not like the idea of foreigners poking around with forces they should not.
“They will observe.”

The Priest stared at them. “Take off your masks. I need to see your eyes” he rasps. Heinrich glances at the agent and priestess. “No, I don’t like this. Observation isn’t part of the deal.”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 pm

The Officers looked at each other. One gave a silent communication - not quite a gesture of the head, but something else - some means of communication utterly inscrutable.
In both of them, something changed - as they did their best to suppress the natural glow of their eyes.
They removed their masks, revealing a normal face… for Arakhkharan faces, anyways - purple eyes, pale skin.
“May we put them back on, now?”
They stood there, waiting.
“And, mind you, it was never said that you could not be observed. This is our nation. Your very presence here is because we allowed it, not the other way around.”

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:The Officers looked at each other. One gave a silent communication - not quite a gesture of the head, but something else - some means of communication utterly inscrutable.
In both of them, something changed - as they did their best to suppress the natural glow of their eyes.
They removed their masks, revealing a normal face… for Arakhkharan faces, anyways - purple eyes, pale skin.
“May we put them back on, now?”
They stood there, waiting.
“And, mind you, it was never said that you could not be observed. This is our nation. Your very presence here is because we allowed it, not the other way around.”

The priest looked them both dead in the eyes. He handed them a crystal clear phial with a clear liquid in it. “Drink this, both of you. If neither of you are possessed or witches it will have no effect.” He says simply.

Heinrich glanced at them both, his bulky arms crossed. “So hostile. Surely you have nothing to fear, da?”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 pm

The two officers looked at each other, before one hazarded a glance at the hooded priestess. A silent communication, same as before, went between them.
Ensuring she was not seen, the Priestess’s eyes glowed a strong purple, as she watched from afar - meanwhile, the Officers drank from the vial.
They were being ‘protected,’ of course, by the Priestess.

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:The two officers looked at each other, before one hazarded a glance at the hooded priestess. A silent communication, same as before, went between them.
Ensuring she was not seen, the Priestess’s eyes glowed a strong purple, as she watched from afar - meanwhile, the Officers drank from the vial.

OOC: it’s holy water (genuine, so I will let you decide how it affects them.)

IC: the Priest waits in expectation. If they were touched my Magicks, the tell tale sizzling and hellish screams would come soon. The Heinrich waited and tensed. The Priest was there to flush out witches. He was there to… take care of them…

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:The two officers looked at each other, before one hazarded a glance at the hooded priestess. A silent communication, same as before, went between them.

IC: the Priest waits in expectation. If they were touched my Magicks, the tell tale sizzling and hellish screams would come soon. The Heinrich waited and tensed. The Priest was there to flush out witches. He was there to… take care of them…

The water was incredibly bitter - foul tasting to their senses. However, they were cognizant of the fact that, were they not under some sort of ward by the Priestess, the effects might be much different. They swallowed the water, without pain.
“See?”
One of the officers said.
“Not witches.”

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

The water was incredibly bitter - foul tasting to their senses. However, they were cognizant of the fact that, were they not under some sort of ward by the Priestess, the effects might be much different. They swallowed the water, without pain.
“See?”
One of the officers said.
“Not witches.”

“Hmph.” The Priest says. “Take these.” He says, handing them simple crosses made of Rowan wood. “They will nullify any enchantments made on you.” He says, and begins hobbling down the path as the large Witchfinder gives them a suspicious glance and follows after him, his hand near his large pistol.

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm

They continued on, seemingly unaffected.
The Priestess’s eyes returned to normal, as she continued to silently watch. The ISI agent withdrew into the shadows.
The officer spoke up.
“So. How, mind you, do you intend to search our country? It’s a rather big country to be looking for… fairy tales.”

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:They continued on, seemingly unaffected.
The Priestess’s eyes returned to normal, as she continued to silently watch. The ISI agent withdrew into the shadows.
The officer spoke up.
“So. How, mind you, do you intend to search our country? It’s a rather big country to be looking for… fairy tales.”

The Witchfinder chuckles. “See the priests eyes? House Strega can see taint. Strega’s usually can’t fight worth a damn, so they find them and I take care of them. And they aren’t fairy tales.” He says, pointing to his scar. “Burning curse, from the Mortis Coven.”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 pm

“Hmm.”
The Officer spoke up.
“I never really believed in the stories of… witches. And I’ve certainly never seen any here. But please. Step into our home, and look all you like.”
“Shall we begin?“

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:“Hmm.”
The Officer spoke up.
“I never really believed in the stories of… witches. And I’ve certainly never seen any here. But please. Step into our home, and look all you like.”
“Shall we begin?“

“Sarcasm is unbecoming of a soldier.” Heinrich says irritably. And then the Priest stiffens, and turns. “I see something… spiritual decay… this way…” he says, and begins walking up a path with a ‘private property sign.’ It appears to be the fence of a manorial estate.

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:“Hmm.”
The Officer spoke up.
“Shall we begin?“

“Sarcasm is unbecoming of a soldier.” Heinrich says irritably. And then the Priest stiffens, and turns. “I see something… spiritual decay… this way…” he says, and begins walking up a path with a ‘private property sign.’ It appears to be the fence of a manorial estate.

“I wouldn’t trespass, were I you.”

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

“I wouldn’t trespass, were I you.”

“Witches don’t obey property lines.” Heinrich says as he kicks the gate open and continues on. “I get the distinct feeling you don’t want us to investigate. I am sure you have nothing to fear…”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 pm

An officer, once out of sight, looks to the Priestess, who gives a silent gesture of approval.
“Very well. We will have to stand ahead, being the only legitimate people allowed to enter private property.”

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:An officer, once out of sight, looks to the Priestess, who gives a silent gesture of approval.
“Very well. We will have to stand ahead, being the only legitimate people allowed to enter private property.”

The Priest looks directly at the priestess, although he can’t see her. He holds the gaze, his red eyes gleaming unnaturally until it subsides to its natural rust colored tent. He turns and looks to the guards. “If you insist.” He rasps. Heinrich shakes his head. “Hmph. People have forgotten the threat of witches. In Volkovograd I could have burned this whole estate down if there was probable cause. But I will play by your red tape.” He says, leaving an unsaid ‘for now’ in the air.

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 pm

Nearby
SIC:
“Assets in safe-site.”
The ISI agents sat around in a cold safehouse. A rather ominous looking steel chamber sat nearby.
“Recondition site primed. Move on signal.”

The officers cautiously entered the property.
“Dispatch, requesting a 203 on property 04-31-5210, over.”
A few seconds later, the cold voice of dispatch would return, with a set of radio beeps.
“04-41-5210 is registered to the Lady Ilain. Subject is code 2.”
“Operations Unit out.”
She stopped speaking into the radio in her mask, and turned to the Volkovogradians.
“The property is owned by a noblewoman currently away from the country on assignment.”

OOC: Yes, the same Ilain that is in the other thread.
Last edited by Arakhkhar on Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:Nearby
SIC:
“Assets in safe-site.”
The ISI agents sat around in a cold safehouse. A rather ominous looking steel chamber sat nearby.
“Recondition site primed. Move on signal.”

The officers cautiously entered the property.
“Dispatch, requesting a 203 on property 04-31-5210, over.”
A few seconds later, the cold voice of dispatch would return, with a set of radio beeps.
“04-41-5210 is registered to the Lady Ilain. Subject is code 2.”
“Operations Unit out.”
She stopped speaking into the radio in her mask, and turned to the Volkovogradians.
“The property is owned by a noblewoman currently away from the country on assignment.”

OOC: Yes, the same Ilain that is in the other thread.

OOC: nice!

IC:
Heinrich shrugs. “Probably means a coven is squatting in her house. You see it in the poorer ones all the time. Or perhaps she is part of a higher class one and they are using her house in her absence. The possibilities are endless.” He says cheerfully as he begins checking his handgun. The Priest pulls out a silver censer marked with strange symbols, and lights it. A reddish mist spools out of the device, and it smells sickly sweet. He swings it back and forth as they approach the house. “This will reveal hidden sigils and curses. Common ways for witches to secure their property. If we can see it, I can disband them.”

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm

Volkovograd wrote:

IC:
Heinrich shrugs. “Probably means a coven is squatting in her house. You see it in the poorer ones all the time. Or perhaps she is part of a higher class one and they are using her house in her absence. The possibilities are endless.” He says cheerfully as he begins checking his handgun. The Priest pulls out a silver censer marked with strange symbols, and lights it. A reddish mist spools out of the device, and it smells sickly sweet. He swings it back and forth as they approach the house. “This will reveal hidden sigils and curses. Common ways for witches to secure their property. If we can see it, I can disband them.”

The officers watched intently. They knew that this was not how they operated.
They would occasionally glance at each other, smirking underneath their masks.
“You see? Nothing there. I doubt anyone’s even home.”

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

IC:

The officers watched intently. They knew that this was not how they operated.
They would occasionally glance at each other, smirking underneath their masks.
“You see? Nothing there. I doubt anyone’s even home.”

The Priest paused, his eyes flashing a brighter red. “Witch-taint. Different than normal… more… purple.” He says. “Possible different entity they are selling themselves to.” The Priest rasps. Heinrich loads his handgun and returns it to his holster. “Purple, you say. Sounds familiar…” he says, glancing at the two officers. The Priest continues. “There is definite protection… what tool…” he withdraws a gilded aspergillum with its head in the shape of a skull. He begins sprinkling holy water down into the path head. “General dispellment.” He says, and then pauses as some of the drops begin sizzling on the ground…

Arakhkhar
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arakhkhar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm

The Priestess utters a prayer under her breath, and her eyes glow once more.
She whispers in their tongue, and let out a silent praise to what could be considered their “God” - Inan, who was more of a metaphysical entity representing the void itself.
The officers, somewhat amused, did their best to sound serious.
“Purple? How strange…”

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:The Priestess utters a prayer under her breath, and her eyes glow once more.
She whispers in their tongue, and let out a silent praise to what could be considered their “God” - Inan, who was more of a metaphysical entity representing the void itself.
The officers, somewhat amused, did their best to sound serious.
“Purple? How strange…”

The Priest spins around. “Heinrich! Taint, from the forest!” He says, pointing wildly at the forest hill where the priestess lies out of site. In a practiced motion the Witchfinder withdraws a glass orb filled with holy water and throws it like a grenade at the direction the priest points.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents