NATION

PASSWORD

The Court of Flowers & Flames (OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 30, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

The Court of Flowers & Flames (OOC)

Postby Liegalla » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:01 pm

Court of Flowers & Flames
The Palace of Tvirtore in Vysla, Liegalla

“Peace and Justice” those are the words of House Ojeras, which as ruled the Kingdom of Liegalla since its inception at the command of King Vytautas the Great, who through force of arms unified a thousand disparate lords and fiefs into a singular nation. Now, over a century later, his dynasty, famed for their purple eyes and silver blond hair continue to sit the famous Dragonfire Throne. Yet it is not the family words that come to mind when one gazes upon the Ojeras— instead it is that of Flowers and Flames, for every one of that house is said to be either a lily, or a dragons the charges of their coat of arms. And some are as fierce as they are beautiful, a dangerous reality when the royal family finds itself in a surfeit of competing branches.

And it is Queens and mothers who play the dangerous game, and pull the levers of power. Beyond the borders of the realm in the Celestial Empire, in the greatest palace on the continent, Ameliehall, the exiled queen dowager, Dziuginta and her son Prince Dovydas plot the prince’s restoration to his late father, Vytautas III’s throne. Left penniless and with few friends, and possessed of a bastard child of the prince, Jane, the exiles look for those strong enough and bold enough to help them retake a kingdom.

Just outside of the capital in the dark halls of Vakaru Castle, the infamous Widow’s Cloister, the twice widowed Queen Dowager Brigita is determined to secure the throne for her son, the young Prince Juozas by her murdered first husband, the hated usurper Vytautas IV the Bastard, and fortunes for her infant twins, Leona & Leonas Wynters, by her late second husband through whatever means necessary. Adept as secrecy, subterfuge and sowing the seeds of chaos, while the beauty of his royal flower is fading, the danger she poses grows with every day.

But it is within the capital, from the soaring walls and towers of Tvirtore Palace that the greatest of power lay, here firmly in the hands of the king. King Juozas II, known as the Hammer, has proven a strong leader, destroying those who might rebel, and reforming the administration of the realm with his loyal wife, Queen Gouda and his wise mother, Queen Mother Jurgita at his side. A soldier king, there are few who would dare directly opposite this august and intimidating figure. But while the question of succession remains an ever present headache for the king.

Possessed of two beautiful daughters, the elder, Princess Julita has retired to a convent, after giving birth out of wedlock to the infant Lady Vavya; whilst the younger Princess Zieda has somehow managed to cause even more scandal. Considered of the greatest of beauties, even called the Helen of Vysla, the beauty of Zieda, and her potential inheritance, moved countless suitors, lords, dukes, princes and even kings to shower her with praise, gifts, and fortunes in their vying for her hands. Zieda however rejected with all for Princess Catherine, sparking outrage from her enemies.

Suddenly disinherited, as the realm deemed it could not handle both a female and a bisexual heir, the King attempted to push his younger brother, Prince Stanislavas into that role, arranging a strong marriage alliance with an even stronger bride would have secured the next generation of Ojeras royals… only for it to all come undone when an epidemic carried her and many others away just before the wedding. Fearing the crown and not desiring, Prince Stanislavas, now freed from the chains of engagement has fled into the countryside, leaving the king to recall his controversial daughter back as his heir.

Nor is the drama of the royal family the only issue on the plate of King Juozas II. In his attempts to modernized the previously feudal system of Liegalla, he had caused mass upset in the social order, and the recent epidemic has left many lordships and their castles vacant, with houses at their helm, and with the rural peasantry anxious of the King’s reforms. In the cities meanwhile mass internal migration has caused an ongoing refugee and overpopulation crisis in the capital city of Vysla, while the unemployment rate remains frightenly high.

Meanwhile those noble families who do remain each hold with them their own schemes, dreams and ambitions. In the north, where the king most famously— or infamously— brought the proverbial hammer down, the king is both feared and disliked. Most lordships were obliterated, with new hated royal seneschals sent to represent the king’s interests. Of three great families that survive, Lord Leskys is but a teenager— terrified of the king but also hating him, while Lord Veiverys is but a boy, his guardian and older sister Lady Marcelle no friend of the king, while Lord Petrauskas, whose house was once the greatest in the realm, rivaling the Ojeras, remains in the capital, depressed and under the watchful eye of the king.

In the south, the Four Great Loyal Families have found themselves toying with the flexibility of the world the Ambrazaites, the wealthiest family since the downfall of the Petrauskas have adopted for neutrality in their Provençal estates, while the careful Kveragaite Brothers, grandnephews wait to see which way the wind will blow. The Nervonyte, lead under the command of their matriarch, Queen Dowager Gintare, mother of Queen Gouda, remain fiercely loyal to king and Princess Zieda— if disapprovingly—with Lord Nervonyte’s religious fervor only outmatched by his skill at handling money as the Lord Treasurer.

In the Archbishopric of Voersk, Archbishop Mecislovas attempts to reform the staunchly traditionalist Catholic Church in Liegalla, making him an ally to kinsmen the king, and an enemy of many of his fellow priests. Last, and perhaps much to their annoyance, least, is House Kundreckas, lead by the bitter, unpleasant and ever scowling Lord Kundreckas, whose grasping ambition has made him the most vocal ally of Queen Dowager Brigita, and amongst the few daring enough to challenge the King— from the safety of his own castle walls of course.

Within the court itself, filled with retainers, courtiers, civil servants, and foreign diplomats however, a fascinating new culture is rapidly growing as King Juozas II opens the doors of the palace to the world, inviting diplomats to discuss trade deals, hosting parties to celebrate cultural figures, and even allowing those who, if willing and if capable to the king’s liking, to join as a permanent member of the royal court. In truth it marks a truly unprecedented time in Liegalla as intrigue, court politics, and diplomacy intersect as never before.

And you can join in it.

Rules
1- General Roleplaying Rules, no godmodding, metagaming, etc.
2- All Liegallan characters and NPCs will be controlled by me
3- This is to create a centralized thread around events regarding both the Liegallan Government (the Royal Court) as well as the broader branches of House Ojeras, in regards to both international and domestic affairs, continuing off of various other threads.
4- Try to keep Out of Character conversation to the OOC Thread
5- An application per character
6- Be kind to one another
7-Rules subject to change as needs be
8- I am OP

Applications

For those coming to visit or potentially stay at the Royal Court there are different application sets: ones for Heads of State/Government, Diplomats, Courtiers, and Artisans.

Heads of State/Government

This application is for fellow heads of state and/or government, monarchs, presidents, etc. who wish to have a meeting with a King Juozas, or wish to have a formal state visit and dinner

Head of State/Government Application

Title:
Form of Address:
Name:
House Name:
How long served as Head of State?
Country of Origin:
Reason for coming to Court?
Intended Length of Stay?

Diplomats

This applications is for ambassadors, envoys, consuls, etc, those in the diplomatic mission whether temporary or formal in the service of a foreign government. This application also applies to foreign royals who are visiting but may or may not be acting as a diplomatic representative.

Diplomat Application

Title:
Form of Address:
Name:
House Name:
Country of Origin:
Reason for coming to Court?
Intended Length of Stay?

Courtiers

This application is for noble or gentry persons seeking to visit to stay at court, and look to potentially join the royal court and holding some sort of position within it. Commoners may apply and attempt to join as well. However unless they are exceptional or very wealthy, don’t expect to get far.

Courtier Application

Title:
Name:
House Name:
Country of Origin:
Seeking a Court Position? Yes () No ()
Intended Length of Stay?

Artisans

This application of for artisans: painters, artists, sculptors, architects, musicians, poets, writers, etc. looking to work for the royal family or members of the courts as patrons and have their work displayed or performed.

Artisan Application

Name:
Field of Expertise:
Country of Origin:

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:43 pm

Depending on how the wedding thread goes, I might make an app for Ana…

Cosacakaya
Secretary

Founded: Sep 03, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Cosacakaya » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:15 am

Hey, I had an idea for a character app, but wanted to get your blessing first. What do you think of maybe having my High Archduchess send one of her daughters to serve as a lady-in-waiting for one of your characters in order to bolster relations and the like?

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:33 am

I have an idea for a subplot regarding the king's need for a proper heir, but I must know what tech levels you'd allow because this involves some genetic shenanigans.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:56 am

Cosacakaya wrote:Hey, I had an idea for a character app, but wanted to get your blessing first. What do you think of maybe having my High Archduchess send one of her daughters to serve as a lady-in-waiting for one of your characters in order to bolster relations and the like?

That sound like an interesting idea, I like it.

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:59 am

A m e n r i a wrote:I have an idea for a subplot regarding the king's need for a proper heir, but I must know what tech levels you'd allow because this involves some genetic shenanigans.

I am operating this at a Modern Tech level— with Vysla meaning mostly a modern city while much of the countryside still operating own a very old fashion manner, though the King is in the process of making inroads with his modernization efforts.

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mediama » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:31 am

I’ll probably app my main diplomatic staff here, including my army and navy liaisons for the Defense Attaché Office (More possibly opportunities for RP with Greta Kundreckas), but what about Princess Catherine and Zieda?
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Lagene
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 31, 2023
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lagene » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:46 am

Courtier Application

Title: People's Assembly Majority Leader in Lagene
Name: Sylvia Aldura
House Name: Jusnsa
Appearance: This
Country of Origin:
Seeking a Court Position? Yes (X) No ()
Intended Length of Stay? - 2 Mo.
Hello from Lagene, a beautiful European nation that is known for its kindness and inclusivity.
Nationstates Stats were sucked into a black hole
Tier 9 Type 5 Class 1.4 according to This Index
My Political Views
NS Stats were retrieved from a black hole and are canon
A European home office member
He/Him
Nationstates stats were put in jail
A part of the NFED
And the The Coalition for Enduring Freedom Assembly
Nationstates Stats were Bailed out of jail and are canon.

Cosacakaya
Secretary

Corporate Police State

Postby Cosacakaya » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:37 pm

Liegalla wrote:
Cosacakaya wrote:Hey, I had an idea for a character app, but wanted to get your blessing first. What do you think of maybe having my High Archduchess send one of her daughters to serve as a lady-in-waiting for one of your characters in order to bolster relations and the like?

Great! Which one of your characters would work best for serving as her lady-in-waiting?

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:48 pm

Mediama wrote:I’ll probably app my main diplomatic staff here, including my army and navy liaisons for the Defense Attaché Office (More possibly opportunities for RP with Greta Kundreckas), but what about Princess Catherine and Zieda?

King Juozas and Queen Mother Jurgita would like to invite both Princess Zieda and Catherine to come live with the King and Queen at Tvirtore.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:00 pm

Liegalla wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:I have an idea for a subplot regarding the king's need for a proper heir, but I must know what tech levels you'd allow because this involves some genetic shenanigans.

I am operating this at a Modern Tech level— with Vysla meaning mostly a modern city while much of the countryside still operating own a very old fashion manner, though the King is in the process of making inroads with his modernization efforts.

Ah, too bad, I was hoping to bring Amenrian tech and set up a lab there.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:03 pm

Lagene wrote:Courtier Application

Title: People's Assembly Majority Leader in Lagene
Name: Sylvia Aldura
House Name: Jusnsa
Appearance: This
Country of Origin:
Intended Length of Stay? - 2 Mo.

Accepted.

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:17 pm

Cosacakaya wrote:
Liegalla wrote:

Great! Which one of your characters would work best for serving as her lady-in-waiting?

Depends a bit.

To boost relations with the King, entering the service of either Queen Gouda or Princess Zieda would be the best aim.

Cosacakaya
Secretary

Corporate Police State

Postby Cosacakaya » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:50 pm

Liegalla wrote:
Cosacakaya wrote:Great! Which one of your characters would work best for serving as her lady-in-waiting?

Depends a bit.

To boost relations with the King, entering the service of either Queen Gouda or Princess Zieda would be the best aim.

The idea IC is definitely to boost relations with the King and Liegalla since High Archduchess Cyrene III faced a succession crisis and secessionist uprising at the beginning of her reign. It is still WIP, but I have a page for the High Archduchess.

Both would make good RP opportunities, so I'm good with either. Which service do you think would make more sense? Cyrene's daughters are all in their late-teens and early twenties.

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:42 pm

Cosacakaya wrote:
Liegalla wrote:
Depends a bit.

The idea IC is definitely to boost relations with the King and Liegalla since High Archduchess Cyrene III faced a succession crisis and secessionist uprising at the beginning of her reign. It is still WIP, but I have a page for the High Archduchess.

Both would make good RP opportunities, so I'm good with either. Which service do you think would make more sense? Cyrene's daughters are all in their late-teens and early twenties.

I’d say those in their early twenties might better serve the princess, who might treat them more as friends though the younger ones would better serve the Queen who would treat them as molding opportunities.

Cosacakaya
Secretary

Corporate Police State

Postby Cosacakaya » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:11 pm

Liegalla wrote:
Cosacakaya wrote:The idea IC is definitely to boost relations with the King and Liegalla since High Archduchess Cyrene III faced a succession crisis and secessionist uprising at the beginning of her reign. It is still WIP, but I have a page for the High Archduchess.

I’d say those in their early twenties might better serve the princess, who might treat them more as friends though the younger ones would better serve the Queen who would treat them as molding opportunities.

Oh, she is one of those Queens. xD

So, I'll send one to Queen Gouda (the teenager) and the older one to Princess Zieda. Sound good? Also how old is Zieda?

Rusexico
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2023
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rusexico » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:56 pm

Is this set before or after the wedding?
Roleplaying as the Czardom of Russia.

All Hail the Czarina, Ekaterina III

NOW PLAYING: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=544584

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:14 am

Cosacakaya wrote:
Liegalla wrote:

Oh, she is one of those Queens. xD

So, I'll send one to Queen Gouda (the teenager) and the older one to Princess Zieda. Sound good? Also how old is Zieda?

What do you mean those Queens?

Zieda is 21.

Rusexico wrote:Is this set before or after the wedding?

Set after.

Rusexico
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rusexico » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:06 am

Title: Czarina and Autocrat of All Russia
Form of Address: Her Majesty / Czarina / Katya [informal]
Name: Ekaterina Vasilevna Romanova / Ekaterina III
House Name: Romanoff
Appearance:

How long served as Head of State? Since 2017
Country of Origin: Czardom of Russia
Reason for coming to Court? Building relations while expanding her own influence; getting to know other countries and meeting people.
Intended Length of Stay? 2 weeks

Diplomat Application

Title: Chief of Staff of the Imperial Court
Form of Address: Countess
Name: Elsa Von Blankendorf
House Name: Blankendorf
Appearance:

Reason for coming to Court? Personal aide to the Czarina.

Diplomat Application

Title: Patriarch of Moscow and Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church
Form of Address: His Holiness
Name: Afanasy Gavrilovich Trofimoff / Vyacheslav I
House Name: N/A
Appearance:

Reason for coming to Court? Meeting with the Archbishop of Voersk and building cooperation between the Catholic and Orthodox churches.
Last edited by Rusexico on Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:10 am

Rusexico wrote:

Title: Czarina and Autocrat of All Russia
Form of Address: Her Majesty / Czarina / Katya [informal]
Name: Ekaterina Vasilevna Romanova / Ekaterina III
House Name: Romanoff
Appearance:

How long served as Head of State? Since 2017
Reason for coming to Court? Building relations while expanding her own influence; getting to know other countries and meeting people.

Diplomat Application

Title: Chief of Staff of the Imperial Court
Form of Address: Countess
Name: Elsa Von Blankendorf
House Name: Blankendorf
Appearance:

Reason for coming to Court? Personal aide to the Czarina.

Diplomat Application

Title: Patriarch of Moscow and Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church
Form of Address: His Holiness
Name: Afanasy Gavrilovich Trofimoff / Vyacheslav I
House Name: N/A
Appearance:

Reason for coming to Court? Meeting with the Archbishop of Voersk and building cooperation between the Catholic and Orthodox churches.

Accepted. Queen Guoda shall be delighted to have the Czarina visit Liegalla and be the Royal Family’s guest. A meeting between the Patriarch and the Archbishop can be arranged. Would the Czarina prefer to arrange for her stay in a hotel herself or would she prefer stay in one of the guest apartments in Tvirtore Palace during her stay?

Cosacakaya
Secretary

Corporate Police State

Postby Cosacakaya » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:54 am

Liegalla wrote:
Cosacakaya wrote:Oh, she is one of those Queens. xD

Zieda is 21.

I was joking about Queen Gouda being like the matriarch of the family who likes molding girls in their image. The way you wrote it reminded me of some character, but I forget who.

Oh, nice! Cyrene has a daughter who is the exact same age. Can I assume all we’ve talked about OOC was ICly agreed before my first post?

Gualla
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 21, 2023
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gualla » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:06 am

Diplomat Application

Title:Ambassador
Form of Address: His Excellency
Name: Lord Maeng Nassaw
House Name: Maeng
Appearance:

Country of Origin: Gualla
Reason for coming to Court? To serve as Ambassador to Liegalla in order to improve diplomatic relations and push Guallan diplomatic interests
Intended Length of Stay? Indefinitely, at the pleasure of the King of Gualla

Diplomat Application

Title: Lady Maeng
Form of Address: Her Ladyship
Name: Maeng Eun-Joo
House Name: Maeng (Originally Pin)
Appearance:

Reason for coming to Court? Wife of Ambassador Maeng
Intended Length of Stay?Indefinitely

Diplomat Application

Title: N/A
Form of Address: N/A
Name: Pae Song-Gi
House Name: Pae
Appearance:

Reason for coming to Court? To inform King Juozas II on what he knows of his exiled relatives
Intended Length of Stay? 2 days

Courtier Application

Name: Maeng Min-Ji
Appearance:

Intended Length of Stay? Indefinitely

Courtier Application

Name: Maeng Jasen
Appearance:

Country of Origin: Guallan
Seeking a Court Position? Yes () No (X)

Courtier Application

Title:
Name: Maeng Min-Young
Appearance:

Rusexico
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rusexico » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:13 pm

Liegalla wrote:Accepted. Queen Guoda shall be delighted to have the Czarina visit Liegalla and be the Royal Family’s guest. A meeting between the Patriarch and the Archbishop can be arranged.

Nice. Even after she has gone to Zieda's wedding to express her support?

Would the Czarina prefer to arrange for her stay in a hotel herself or would she prefer stay in one of the guest apartments in Tvirtore Palace during her stay?

They will all be staying aboard the ship they arrive in--the imperial yacht "Derzhava."

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:55 pm

Cosacakaya wrote:
Liegalla wrote:

Zieda is 21.

I was joking about Queen Gouda being like the matriarch of the family who likes molding girls in their image. The way you wrote it reminded me of some character, but I forget who.

Oh, nice! Cyrene has a daughter who is the exact same age. Can I assume all we’ve talked about OOC was ICly agreed before my first post?

Oh, I see. In truth Guoda aspires to be the matriarch of the family— though in all honesty her mother-in-law Queen Mother Jurgita truly has that role. In fact Guoda often struggles to carve out a place for herself given the forceful personalities of the Queen dowagers.

Yes, we can assume that all the arrangements were made before your first IC post.

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:58 pm

Gualla wrote:
Diplomat Application

Title:Ambassador
Form of Address: His Excellency
Name: Lord Maeng Nassaw
Appearance:
Reason for coming to Court? To serve as Ambassador to Liegalla in order to improve diplomatic relations and push Guallan diplomatic interests
Intended Length of Stay? Indefinitely, at the pleasure of the King of Gualla

Diplomat Application

Title: Lady Maeng
Form of Address: Her Ladyship
Name: Maeng Eun-Joo
House Name: Maeng (Originally Pin)
Appearance:
Reason for coming to Court? Wife of Ambassador Maeng
Intended Length of Stay?Indefinitely

Diplomat Application

Form of Address: N/A
Name: Pae Song-Gi
House Name: Pae
Appearance:
Reason for coming to Court? To inform King Juozas II on what he knows of his exiled relatives
Intended Length of Stay? 2 days

Courtier Application

Name: Maeng Min-Ji
Appearance:

Courtier Application

Name: Maeng Jasen
Appearance:
Country of Origin: Guallan

Courtier Application

Title:
Name: Maeng Min-Young
Appearance:

Accepted. His Majesty King Juozas II will be honored to welcome Ambassador Maeng to Liegalla and shall arrange for a building in the capital city to serve as the embassy for the Guallan delegation for the duration of the ambassador’s stay, as well as to serve as a residence and headquarters for future Guallan ambassadors.

King Juozas too is eager to meet with Pae Song-Gi to learn of the whereabouts of his wayward relatives abroad.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates