NATION

PASSWORD

After Things Fell Apart: 2066 AD

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Xeraph
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 26, 2003
Iron Fist Consumerists

After Things Fell Apart: 2066 AD

Postby Xeraph » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:48 pm

Rick idly watched the large cockroach moving through the rubble of the old Smithonian Museum. He once again was a bit surprised at the relatively untouched former capitol of the United States. There was, of course, some visible effects of the battles. Cracks ran up and down and across a number of the buildings and monuments, many windows and doorways blown inward, the result of the tactical concussion missiles let loose from the destroyers berthed down at the Norfolk Naval Docks. But, all in all, a remarkable number of the structures in the tourist areas were still standing. The other parts of the city were not as fortunate.

In the aftermath of the civilian rebellion, coupled with the State Police and military reserve units, most of the greater DC district had been all but obliterated. This was back in 2034 when the Chinese and North Koreans landed in major ports of the northern portion of the Alaskan coast on down through Vancouver and Seattle. They were finally stopped just south of Portland.

"Hey Rick, you gonna sit there all day or you gonna get your ass in gear and set up your perimeter?" Sgt. Rick Josephs waved and said, "Sorry guys. Just wondering again just how in hell we got to this point in this part of the country." Grabbing his old AR-15, he barked, "Okay you slobs. Our orders are to set up a base in the Lincoln Monument and the roads around it. Now move it!" It wasn't going to be easy with so few men, just a dozen or so. He had heard a lot of chatter as to the total of people left alive who survived the biological attacks, commonly called The Mist Wars. Estimates ran from maybe twenty million worldwide to less than five million. But, they were here, and it was now. Time to worry about the world after securing Washington DC.............

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The stench of rotting bodies and massive piles of garbage was mercifully less today, thanks to a strong easterly wind that blew the smell out to sea. One of the few remaining buildings that was over thirty stories was now home to a motley gathering of about 120 people. What was fortunate about this particular building is that there had been a large market on the sixth floor as well as a restaurant on the floor above. No one remembered much about the building except that the lettering on the outer wall of it spelled out the words "Trump Tower."

"Who or what the fuck was Trump?" Sam wiped a dirty hand across his equally dirty face and took another bite of his sandwich. He swallowed and asked, "And what the fuck was this sandwich made of? Tastes awful."

"Shut up and eat it. There's a whole lotta people out there 'aint got nuthin' to eat but rats and bugs." Betty Jones was in a bit better shape than Sam. She had found the stores in the Tower that had new clothing and all the stuff women thought of as important. "Ya know, Sam, there's a couple of stores what has some new clothes for you too. Get rid of them rags and get some warm shit. Winter be here in a few months and this city 'aint no place to be when winter sets in, I'm here to tell ya."

Sam grunted and got up to look out one of the few remaining glassed-in windows on this floor. Destruction and misery as far as he could see, In any direction, most buildings were nothing more than piles of rubble, the once wide streets littered withthe dead and dying. He saw the remnants of the Brooklyn Bridge, noting the almost complete abscence of the Williamsburg Bridge. Brooklyn and the other boros were rumored to be all but desolate.

A door banged open and three men ran in, pistols and swords at the ready. They were part of the security force that had seen to it that no one from street level could get up past the second floor. "Okay people! We're going to organize the upper floors so as to ensure our survival. We have food and other necessities for about sixty people for many months if we ration it out correctly. We found a stash of weapons in an armory on the tenth floor and there is enough ammo to hold off any of the criminals out there for a good long while. All access to the floors below the third has been eliminated. No one who is here above the third floor will be able to get out of this building. Period. I need all able-bodied men and women to be trained and armed as a security force. Most will be rotated in and out of the third floor where the barricades have been erected."

"So we're here for the duration? What if we want to leave?"

Thlead guard asked, "Leave? Leave to go where? You want to tak your chances with the thieves, rapists, bandits and gangs out there, or do you want to live in relative safety and security here in this building? There are about twenty-five floors above us that at present we know nothing about except that they are individual apartments built for the formerly wealthy persons of this formerly wealthy nation. Your service to this place will earn you one of them if you so choose."

"And who the fuck put you in charge?" Sam tried to stare down this big man, with no effect.

"I'm Frank Reagan, and this pistol put me in charge. It was made in Missouri by a guy named Browning. I suspect there's more of 'em in the armory on one of the upper floors. Now....are you in, or are you out?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The rugged mountain areas of West Virginia had been almost unscathed by "The Troubles" of the rest of the country. The people who lived back up in these mountains knew how to survive just about anything. They weren't properly educated, but you can't teach city-folk how to live off the land as these people did.

"Hey Clem, how many you reckon we got left on this here mountain-top."

"Not many, Jack. Reckon pert near a hunnert or so. Spread out across around twenty miles. Good thing is that whatever that cloud of shit what killed the flat-landers by the millions didn't bother the animals at all. And I don't know how many more of us there might be in the Blue Ridge."

Jack said, "You know, Clem, there's a bunch of them Army Reservists 'bout three miles down the side of this mountain. Heard automatic gunfire day before yesterday."

"Yep, sure would be nice to have them boys up here. Regular trained I heard tell. And they had some kinda base in a cave area what has modern amenities."

"What's amenities, Clem? I don't know none of them fancy words."

Clem grinned. "It means good stuff, Jack. Maybe help us survive til we know just what in hell happened all them years ago."

Jack nodded. "Yep, reckon so."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A soft early Fall breeze blew through the palm trees and orange groves around the outskirts of Ocala. Aside from the mass graves mounded-up with logs and rocks, nothing much was different from fifty years ago.

"Master, tell us again about the USA in the early part of the century. How did all this destruction and death happen?" It was a small class, just twelve youngsters aged twelve to sixteen.

The Master, and older man named Smitty, smiled. "Ah, an inquisitive child. Okay, here it is in a nutshell. Listen closely, because we are going to move on with our lessons in the coming days."

He began. "Back in the early part of the century, a series of what were called globalists started to infiltrate the highest levels of world government, including our own nation. They were interested in building what thet were calling The New World Order that would replace the supposed inequality within the various countries of the world. They wanted to bring the poor, under-developed countries uo to a higher level of social and financial security, but at the expense of the richer and highly-developed nations, such as America and Europe. The end effect, however, was to be more of a evening-out of society rather than equality. Essentially, it was to be a Marxist world-view where all are equal, at least on the surface. There was a books written many years ago about a farm that had been taken over by the animals who felt they were victims of the farmer. They wanted equality, because they felt they were entitled to it. Long story short, the animals succeeded in replacing the farmer and creating a new governing system run by the animals themselves."

"Master, I don't understand. How can animals know how to better treat themselves?'

Smitty chuckled. "Well, it's just a story, but one with a point. The point being is that late in 2029, the animals made their move and took over governing as they saw fit. When animals sit in place of authority, only disaster can prevail. An old political proverb states "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely". So, in the book, a small group of animals, the pigs, became the rulers of the Farm, and slowly, over time, they changed their writings from "All Are Equal" to "All Are Equal, but Some are more Equal than Others." This is what happened to the USA. Those who could not rule properly, did not rule properly. And the result was the near-total eradication of the population of the country. Some say upwards of 97% of the population of our nation, and quite possibly the world, occured. We don't know the entire story because there are so few people left who have any complete idea of what happened world-wide. Some suggest that fewer than seven million people survived the biological onslaught of plagues and pandemics that were loosed upon the Earth."

"But, Master, won't we be able to build it back up?"

Smitty hung his head. "Time will tell, my child. Only time will tell."

Doctor Twist
Political Columnist

Founded: May 04, 2022
Moralistic Democracy

In a ruined stadium, Bronx NY.....

Postby Doctor Twist » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:35 pm

Miguel sat despondantly in the shattered VIP Box, swarms of flies resting on the spoiled food festering in the hot weather. He and his family had hoped that they would find something better to eat than the large water rats they had lived on for years. Boiled rat, roasted rat, fried rat and the very occasional backyard garden where root crops continued to grow over the years and even decades. But rats and carrots, and onions, and turnips got real old real fast.

"Daddy, we need to keep going. I saw what looked like some bad men heading this way. They had long knives and big sticks." Little Maria looked scared. She was used to being chased by the bad men, and during her eleven years of life had managed to stay one step ahead.

"Si, little one. I know where they are going. Do not worry. They will not come here. The smell is too bad. They are heading out to the streets to hunt for people they can capture and eat. That particular bunch are cannibals, savage creatures that live on human flesh."

Miguel checked, once again, his pistol. It was a Glock with a 14-bullet clip, the clip now half empty. He had but one more clip in his pocket. Twenty-one bullets between his family and the gangs that roved around the devastated island.

Miguel pulled the last of the vegetables from his backpack. "Mama, take and eat and pass them around to the children. We will find more tomorrow." His mother, though getting old, was able to look after the children after his wife had died. She had been one of the few remaining people who had caught one of the remaining diseases of the pandemics. Mercifully, she had died in just 48 hours, not suffering too much.

Antonio, Miguel's nineteen year old son stood looking at him. "Papa. we need to get off this island. We will have a better chance of surviving in the woods and fields west of here. There were farms and home-steads. There will be food and a better life."

Miguel sighed. He knew Antonio was right. They couldn't stay here. Sooner or later they would be captured. "Do you know how to get there, Tony? Which way do we go?"

Antonio knelt beside his father. "Over the big bridge and then west to the Pennsy and Ohio lands. It's a long way, but we do not have a choice. On foot it will take months. But I know in my heart that there are people who can and will help us."

Miguel was about to answer when he heard a sound outside the bolted steel door of the room. Someone rattled the door, but it would not open. Then a banging started and at length four wild-eyed savage-looking men entered. They licked their lips hungrily and took a step forward just as four shots rang out in quick succession. Miguel was a crack shot, and all four lay dead or dying.

"Quick, Tony! Get your sister and grandmama and let's take this trip west. Now! Let's go!"

Foxton-Sunbury
Attaché

Founded: Oct 26, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Prepared.....

Postby Foxton-Sunbury » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:49 pm

The place was known locally as The Citadel. Built back in the 70s, it was a military complex of steel-reinforced bunkers partially dug into the red clay of the North Georgia foothills near Cartersville, fifty miles north of old Atlanta. The small town of Buffington housed one of the satellite sites of the ever-growing organization called Patriot Front. The Citadel now numbered 265 armed militia and another fifty support units spread out over three satellite sites, all within ten miles of the main Cartersville area.

"Sgt. Stedenko! Button that collar and act like a soldier. Them damned rebels 'aint gonna see us as the rabble they think we are!"

Stedenko stiffened as he saluted the Colonel. "Yessir, Colonel Barnhart! Orders, sir?"

Barnhart allowed a slight grin and walked over to his old friend. "At ease, Bob. Got to keep on our toes. Renegades and other ne'er-do-wells runnin' wild in these parts. Can't be slackin' off."

The sergeant smiled and said, "Yes, Joe, you be right. Sorry for slackin' off. Where we headed next?"

"Well, Bob, we have plans, but we don't have the men to get there. General Lee wants three more satellites planted, but we need about seventy men and women to man them, with another half-dozen to support the site. One of the things he ordered me to do was to come to your people and do a sweep out to the east over towards Canton. We do have the Buffington site, but it's sort of out there by itself. They'd be in a heap of trouble if any of them criminal types attacked 'em."

"Joe, I can lead ten men through these woods. Born and raised here. I know my way around. If there's anyone out there hunkerin' down, I'll find 'em. You can count on it."

A runner came up and saluted. "Sir. Firing squad at the ready, sir!"

The Colonel nodded and said, "Walk with me, Bob. We gonna execute a dozen criminals we captured raiding and burnin a small hamlet. Most eveyone killed including the womenfolk and a couple of children."

"Criminals?"

"Gen. Lee has put out a proclamation that anyone who openly advocates the overthrow of our Constitutionally governed lands is to be judged and executed as traitors. These boys fit the description."

They passed through a small copse and came out into a field where twelve posts had been driven into the ground, twelve men tied to them. The field was bright and colorful with the last of the sunflowers and bluebells surrounding the twelve.

"Nice setting for an execution, eh boys?" One of those tied to a post spit on the Colonel's boot and in response, Col. Barnhart drew his pistol and shot the man between the eyes, the back of his head disappearing in a bloody mist. "Anyone else need to clear his throat?"

The remaining men at the posts stared either sullenly or wild-eyed at the sudden violence. "Fuck you, asshole," one of them said.

Barnhart grinned and looked at the Lieutenant and nodded. In a few seconds, the deafening roar of a dozen AR-15s did their job and 11 bodies slumped in their bonds.

"Dig a ditch and dump 'em in, Sergeant. This is just the beginning of the effort to clean up this country,:

Stedenko saluted. "Yessir." Turning to his men he barked, "You heard the man! Dig that ditch! And put your backs into it! I don't wanna be here all fucking day!"

Tarlag
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2005

Postby Tarlag » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:47 pm

SMITH'S ISLAND, BERMUDA

David stepped out from his hut and looked out over the bay to the old Bermuda International Airport. Its hangers and terminal just piles of rubble. The runways covered in dunes of pink sand and shore grass. Looking around again He walked over to the garden. Speaking to Himself He mumbled. "How long has it been? ten or twenty years since He saw another human being. God, last of the locals died out after that last wave of Green's sickness swept through. Bad business that. Mya found that sailboat from Cuba washed up on the beach near St. George. The people aboard were long dead but what they had was not. Within a month everyone left except Him was dead. Fool thing is I can't figure why I lived?"

David pickup the hoe laying on the ground and began weeding the onion plot. "Too long with out people. When I got here there was maybe 500 or so left, but they were good folk making a go of it. The dead from the earlier plagues had been taken and dumped out to sea. The golf courses had been plowed and planted." He bowed His head and mumbled some more. "Been here too damn long, when I was younger I kept moving. It kept me alive when others died. When the cities burned I ran to the hills. When the raiders came I went to the desert. When the water ran out I got a boat and sailed here of all places."

"Fuck!" David shouted. He flung the hoe into one of His lemon trees. "Been to fucking long. I don't want to die here alone with no one to speak over my grave or lack there of. I know others are alive. Heard the voices on the radio. Saw those lights in the distance from Light House Hill last year."

He sat down and cried, as time passed the tears came easier and more often. After the fit of crying past He sat up from where He had fallen on the ground. He rubbed His beard for a moment then thought. There were still sailboats on blocks at the dockyard. Must be sails aboard. If He could get the yard donkey to work and scavenge parts from other boats, maybe just maybe He could find others like Him. He could go home. He remembered home. Green farm land, snow He missed snow. Didn't know why but He missed the cold.

David looked around again then walked down to His rowboat on the beach. If he hurried He could be at the dockyards by dark.

Xeraph
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Ocala, Central Florida.....

Postby Xeraph » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:13 am

"Hey Smitty, why them kids call you Master?"

"I think it was when I told them I had been a Master Sergeant in the army some years ago. Name sort of stuck." He glanced over to his friend, Carl. "How do you figure we came to this condition, Carl?"

"Well. I give up wondering about it and just got on with living. Not many of us old-timers left, eh?"

"Old timers, my ass. I was 12 when the first pandemic hit back in 2020. That makes me 58 and you about the same. That isn't old, my friend."

"Yeah, but after the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th waves of sickness, we aged a bunch of years, if you get my drift."

Smitty thought back to the years between 2020 and 2030. Bad times. Not only the global epidemics, but the civil unrest all through the country. American citizen died by the millions, often quickly, but usually in great pain and suffering.

Carl went on. "I think it was them illegals what brought the sickness with 'em across the border. Lord knows what viruses they brought with them from the South American lands. Not to mention the gooks, chinks, and Arabs that came with 'em."

Smitty nodded. "It was certainly possible, Carl. We had a very weak president back then. Weak in body and mind. Hard to understand how anybody like him could have thought he was doing the USA any good. The guy before him got re-elected which most would think of as the start of our second Civil War. He was a strong man, but couldn't outlive the third pandemic. His VP was a Constituionalist as well, but by then the war was in a stalemate. The republic was militarily weak, and that was when the Chinese and North Koreans invaded, taking over half the west coast from Anchorage to Portland. As far as we know, they are still there."

Smitty, why do you think some people are still alive? Some kind if immunity to the diseases?"

"Hard to say, Carl. Seems that some are just naturally immune to bugs, bacteria, and viruses. Natural selection I believe they called it."

"Lucky us. The animals don't seem to be infected though. Hell, there's more critters around than I remember from back then."

"Yes, and more predators as well. We don't have to worry as much as on the coasts and down near the Glades. The marshy areas are teeming with reptiles and amphibians. I heard a number of stories of huge snakes and even bigger gators roaming the southern portions of Florida. Constrictors as big around as our waists and forty feet long. Gators running an average of 15 to 19 feet long and unusually vicious."

"But the bugs all but disappeared, no?"

"True. For the first few years, the insect population was a nightmare. Mosquitos, flying roaches, and the like were out of control. Spiders were especially nasty."

"Yeah, but spiders are arachnids. Eight legs instead of six like the insects. Bit of a different breed."

"Also true. But I can't explain it. All I know is that in the space of a few months back in 2026, most bugs disappeared."

"You hear anything about some of the so-called Patriot groups forming in order to regain control of the country?"

"Same as what you heard. Over to the Baton Rouge territory and up north towards the Georgia mountains are reports of militias restoring order to some areas. They have been catching criminals and executing them."

Carl laughed. "Seems like a good way to start, eh?"

"Yes, if they are true patriots following Constitutional law, it's all good. But we know from history even that shit can get out of control. We still need to be vigilant. Protect our local freedoms."

"With our guns."

"Exactly. I have a copy of the US Constitution, and it ensures the citizens have the right to have weapons and to protect their property from the lawless. You got your guns, Carl?"

"Yep. My grampas old shotgun and enough shells to put up a respectable fight if necessary."

"Good. I have a couple of pistols and an old SKS built in Romania my Dad handed over to me years ago before he died. And abround 5,000 rounds of ammo to go with it."

Carl nodded. "I guess we'll be alright for a while."

Smitty grinned. "Maybe we should form our own militia."

Carl laughed. "Fuckin' great. A militia of two. But.....at least it's a start."

Arkhamis
Civilian

Founded: Jul 13, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Darkness On The Edge of Town.......

Postby Arkhamis » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:48 am

As the waters of Lake Michigan softly lapped upon the shores of Chicago, a little south of the Windy City sat 24 persons, chiefs of the tribal gangs. Each sat around a roughly oval table fingering the silver coins given them by Khoros, chief of the Nois Brigades.

"There are more where they came from, my brothers. We have to come to an agreement where we band together to fight the forces of democracy and laws other than our own. These patriot groups want to restore this nation to it's original intent, that being a grand experiment in the creation of a Republic."

One of the other chieftains laughed bitterly. "Yeah, for all the good it did them. They never understood that man will eventually fall prey to greed and avarice. It was greed what caused the eventual downfall of the so-called first-world nations."

Khoros agreed. "Well said, my brother. And it will be up to us to regain the power given to us by silver and gold. The foolishness of democracy will need to be permanently done away with, replaced by the rule of the strongest. That can be all of us sitting here today if we can make an agreement."

One of the chieftains, a woman called Onanda, said, "Yes, well all that brotherly shit sounds good. But, what's in it for me? And for each of us?"

"Onanda hits the nail on the head. If we are to rule this land once again as we did 70 years ago, we need to divvy up the goods. We can't move into old Chicago. It apparently was one of the few major cities hit by nukes. Between the radiation and the sickness, nothing will be able to live there for hundreds of years, if ever again. We need a new base of operations."

"I suppose old Washington is out of the question?"

Yes, correct. At present, a number of militia groups have taken control of what's left of DC. And besides, it's too far away from here to be effctively useful. No, we need a mid-western zone dedicated to the principles of Marx and Obama. Suggestions?"

"Well, points south down towards Tejas are tornado-prone areas. What about a bit eastward towards Detroit?"

Khoros shook his head. "Also radioactive, though not as badly as Chicago."

"Then we need to look elsewhere." Onanda glanced at a large map of the US that had been nailed to a wall in the conference room. "St. Louis is a shithole, as is Springfield and Joplin. But Tulsa looks good. Not much of anything going on down there. Just some redneck gun nuts."

"That could work, but might I suggest Kansas City. The one in Kansas. Fertile farmland, pretty much untouched by anything other than the epidemics. Might be there for the taking."

Khoros took his eyes off the map and pounded a fist on the table. "We need to choose, and quickly. These do-gooder Republican patriots are growing fast. And several of them have guns. We have a few, but swords, knives, and axes aren't going to be sufficient against bullets. Both Kansas and Tulsa had Reserve Armorys. Be worthwhile to check them out."

Several of the chiefs stood and offered some of their people as scouts to go to each city.

"Very well, We meet back here i two months time and decide which city is more useful. Agreed?"

Abbey Sciuto
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 07, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Outpost...

Postby Abbey Sciuto » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:55 am

High above the valley where the mountain town of Coeur D'Alene could be seen, sat a small cabin and a few tents. It was a small post, about a dozen armed men and women as well as a solitary radio unit with a high-powered telescope. With it, Abbey could clearly see the inhabitants of the town far below. She recorded everything she saw in a journal, by hand. She watched as the embattled local militia fought and pushed back the regular attacks by the People's Revolutionary Front that controlled the western coastlines some 100 miles to the west. The PRF were mostly untrained soldiers, sent from the Yakutsk reion of China, mixed with a motley blend of North Korean, Vietnamese, and Thai troops. The AK-47s were mostly of a vintage era, but still perfomed well, a testament to their inventor's foresight.

"Abbey, what's going on down there?" Ralph checked in every day with her to check on the results of the day's fight between the militia and the invaders.

"Pretty much the same, Ralph. Our guys are holding their own, that's for sure. And they are not losing any to wounds. They are dug in very well, and they know how to go from one entrenched site to another so as to keep the gooks off-balance."

"Okay, cool. I wonder if we're going to get any help from.....somewhere."

"Ralph, I'm not sure anyone else knows we're here. There are good guys and bad guys all over this country, but the majority of them are unorganized, pretty much just salvaging and staying alive. We need to get word to any patriot group we can, and I don't know exactly how or when they might get here. Maybe you can send a couple of scouts eastward and see what's happening in Montana. Got to be some good guys out that way. Maybe some native Americans can help."

"Fat chance, Abbey. They were treated badly by the white men 200 years ago. They have a long memory."

"One thing I'm a bit surprised with is that the gooks haven't sent tanks or drones this way. Surely they have advanced weaponry."

"Maybe not. Most of the Asian countries were in terrible financial condition when the pandemics hit. They didn't even have enough food for their people, never mind armored vehicles."

"True. Mr. Trump saw to that." She looked through the telescope. "Looks like the gooks are moving forward again. But fewer than before. Maybe we're winning the war."

"Nobody wins a war, Abbey. It's just the last side still standing what makes the difference."

"True dat, Ralph. True dat."

Tarlag
Diplomat

Postby Tarlag » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:29 am

DOCK YARDS, BERMUDA

David was using a manual engine hoist to place the last of the marine gel pack batteries in to the 35 foot catamaran he had salvaged. It looked in rough shape but it held water out and His ass in so to David it was all that mattered. Just as the battery touched the deck of His voice He heard a voice behind Him.

"What you doing?" He looked back to see one of the phantoms that hunted Him. She a seven year old black girl. Blood dripped on the ground from where the Communist bullet severed Her lower right arm just at the elbow. "Going some place Mister?". David just went back to work as He answered. "Leaving this damn place. seeing too many folks like you walking around. Need to be finding real people to talk to and maybe what the hell happened."

The ghost walked over and stood next to the man. "You know what happened Mister. People started fighting after the sicknesses came. People forgot we were one world one people. God punished the wicked with plagues and fire. You lived I died nuff said."

David just unhooked the battery from the hoist after lowering it into the battery box. "More to it then that child. Bad Men let the COVID escape, blamed it on bats of all things. The government lied about it and they got caught. The people lost trust and shit went down hill from there. Extremists groups seemed to take over. Antifa vs. Christian Nationals were the big ones. One side seemed to think it was ok to kill people if they disagreed with their leftist thinking. The Nationals thought if you were anything but the right kind of Christian then you had no rights."

David closed the box then climbed down from His boat. "Real Americans got pushed to the side. By the time they woke up to what was going on it was to late. Folks were dying in the streets from bullets or sickness. The last insult was the Chines and their friends showing up to pick at our bones. You died in that remember?"

There was no answer the workshop was empty. No blood on the floor and no little girl

Xeraph
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Pickens, West Virginia...

Postby Xeraph » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:19 am

"You sure you know where you goin', Clem?" Jack was finding his way down the steep face of the mountain slowly. One false step and he'd go over the edge.

"Yep, been here a bunch of times. My Paw ran likker through here when I was a youngin'. Another mile or so and we'll find that big hole in the rockface."

Ten minutes later Clem, Jack, Ruby Sue and Ed Earl pushed their way through a tangle of wild grape vines and came out in a cleared area with a wide road coming up from below. It was overgrown with weeds and small saplings, but there was no doubt it had been a paved road back in the day.

"We're here. Ruby and Ed, stand guard out here for a piece. From the looks of it 'aint no one been here for a while. But better safe than sorry."

Motioning to Jack, Clem walked toward a smooth-cut opening in the rock. It was 20 X 20, big enough for a vehicle to go through. They walked into the cool darkness and thirty feet later came to a massive steel door, some light signs of rust along it's edges.

Jack stood hands on hips. "What you reckon it is, Clem? I 'aint seen nuthin' like it in all my born days."

"Don't rightly know, but if I made an edumacated guess, I'd say it's a way to get into one of them bunker-silo deals we heard rumors about when we were kids. You know, the hidden missile launch points. It was fairly common knowledge that they had been built, but most of 'em all over the country were top-secret as to location. All anyone could see were the military signs what told ya to keep out."

"Ya'll mean this could be a nuke silo?" Jack looked at the door. "Well, I be damned! I be thinkin' you be right, Clem. Missile and no tellin' what-all else might be in there. Maybe some of them old computaters and the like."

"There's a touch pad over to the right. Might could be we can figure out the sequence and get inside."

"Well, I don't know nuthin' 'bout that old technology shit."

"Me neither, but Ruby Sue's grandpappy did. He's gone now, but I know Ruby listened all the time to his never-ending talk about the old days. Maybe she can recollect something he said."

"I'll go get her and tell her to come back here and I'll stand watch with Ed."

Vigilant Security Systems
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 15, 2023
Corporate Bordello

Baton Rouge, LA......

Postby Vigilant Security Systems » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:36 am

Pierre Fontaneau sat gazing at the soldiers in front of him. He'd heard of the VSS, but this was the first time he'd seen them. "So, you gentlemen are the Vigilant Security Systems dighting forces, eh? All eight of you?"

Capt. Dan Donovan stared back, watching the tired eyes of this redneck commander. He saw nothing to fear, and so said, "We are part of the System, yes. We hold to the Constitution and it's laws along with the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independance. Satisfied?"

Commander Fonteneau grinned. "Not really. You gentlemen are standing there in your crisp, clean, and properly-creased uniforms, not a sign of any fighting ability evident on them. Maybe your'e just wannabes?

"We changed out fatigues just before we arrived. We believe in proper dress for a proper meeting, if at all possible. Since it seems that you boys have this area under control, we did not see the necessity of showing up in a filthy uniform. Like yours."

Anger momentarily clouded Fonteneau's face. Regaining his composure, he said, "Hell, I'll take that as a compliment. Clean clothes don't stay clean here in the bayous. At least not for very long. We get down and dirty in these parts."

"Yes, we heard that your forces were a bit on the rough side, but as we are far more interested in results, I don't give a rat's ass how you dress as long as rebels and criminals are deterred."

He laughed. "Deterred, eh. Don't hear that word round here too much. Fancy talk. We deter prople by feeding 'em to the gators back there in the swamp."

Donovan chuckled. "No doubt an effective measure for crowd control."

Everyone started to breath normally again, and an air of relative relaxation filled the room.

"For yor part, Commander, you seem to speak pretty good English for a Cajun."

"Thanks, Captain. I was born here but my parents took the family to New Jersy some twenty years ago. Returned recently when the call went out for patriotic-minded individuals needed in Louisiana. I spent most of my youth learning how to speak properly. But make no mistake, I am Cajun and I can talk the French patois with the best of them. Laissez le bon temps roulez, mon ami."

Fontaneau continued. "So what can I do for you guys?"

Donovan sat down across from the Commander. "The VSS has three locations, from New Jersey, to Virginia and on down to North Carolina. Nearly a hundred military in each location. My bosses want another down here, maybe up towards the lake."

"Which lake? There are several."

"Ponchartrain. The terrain is perfect for our method of fighting and defense. And that location will enable our forces to quickly deploy to other parts of the RAU."

"RAU?"

"The Restored American Union. At least that's what we're calling it at present. Restore what we lost, then expand our borders like we should have done150-300 years ago."

"You want it bigger?"

"Yes. The Canadian lands are actually in relatively good shape. There's no reason the RAU shouldn't acuire them. We also are looking south."

"Mexico? The Ratlands? What possible use could Mexico be to the RAU?"

"If we push into the old Mexican territory 300-400 miles, we will have control of old Baja California as well as ports on the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea. Then we grab all islands in the Caribbean."

"Big plans for, what? Five hundred soldiers? At most a thousand?"

"Yes, it will take time. No doubt years. But we must take steps that began our downfall from the shit that started back in the 2000s. Steps that will prevent it from happening again."

Fontaneau said, "Okay, so what do you want from me and my boys? We got our hands full just dealing with the crazy shit down here."

All I'm asking is that if you watch our backs, we'll watch yours. Together we can get this done. Agreed?"

The Commander looked over to his men, then looked back and nodded. "Deal! We have a couple old jeeps that run fairly well. No sense in walking all the way to the lake. We'll take you guys there......."

Native Tribal Nations
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2011
Tyranny by Majority

The Black Hills of Dakota Territory

Postby Native Tribal Nations » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:37 pm

About a dozen new cabins had been built at the edge of the forest near Bear Lake. It was thought that would be a sufficient for the number of people attending the Rendezvous, but it was sorely underestimated. Thirty-three native teepees had sprung up after the cabins were full and it was expected that many more people would be arriving in the next few days.

"It warms my heart to see that so many of our people have remembered how to live like the ancestors." Sam Black Elk stood surveying the open field where the tents had been erected and noted another six were being set up. There were also a number of the ancient structures called yurts by the Old Ones being prepared.

A younger man named George Falleaf nodded. "And from the looks of it, some of these people have come a long distance to be here. The Blackfoot, Navaho, and Creeks are here as are some of the smaller tribes such as the Weelands and Susquehannas. Even some Cherokee." Falleaf was of the Apache tribe...very few left alive after the sicknesses of the past forty years.

"Some of the representatives of the white men are here as well. Fortunately, they are not the bandits who have been harassing our lands."

Gearge agreed. "Yes, they are the American patriots who value a return to the rule of law as it was known in the mids 1770s. It will be a great undertaking, but it was done once and it can be done again."

Black Elk asked, "So,we are going to stick to simplicity? The next three days are to be a discussion of the reinstatement of the treaties signed by the American government in the 1800s and onward. I do understand that we may be a long way off from any central governing situation, but the subjects of Native Peoples freedom must be addressed."

"And you will have those treaties, and others, addressed, gentlemen." Black Elk and Falleaf turned to see a tall, well-built man standing behind them.

"Forgive me, gents. My name is John Custis Lee and I am the representative of several patriot groups scattered across the nation. I have complete carte-blanche to agree to any and all concerns that our Native American brothers may have."

Falleaf asked, "And does that include free movement throughout our ancient tribal lands?"

"Yes it does, sir. These lands, and those north of here, are more than capable of sustaining all of the traditional tribes and clans to their complete satisfaction. We have plans, which I hope all of the tribal leaders will help implement, that will be entirely satisfactory to all concerned."

Black Elk gazed at the man for a couple of seconds. "Excuse my skepticism, but we've heard all that in the past. Many treaties and agreements, most broken by the white man when convenient. What will be different this time?"

"The difference is that any agreements between the First Peoples and the new American Union will be enshrined in our revised US Constitution and Bill of Rights. That, and you have my solemn word that all treaties will be completely and honestly upheld. You have my personal word on that."

Falleaf said, "And you mentioned the lands north of here. Do you mean all the Dakotan, Montanan, and Wyoming territories?"

Lee nodded. "Those and the Saskatoon, Albertan, and other Canadian provinces. Once we come into control of them, that is."

"But those are part of another country! Yo are going to invade and occupy them?"

Lee laughed. "You can bet on it. We should have done it 200 years ago. Sea to shining sea!"

Black Elk grinned. "Well I'll be damned! Someone with some balls, at long last!"

Lee winked at him. "You bet your ass, sir. You bet your ass!"

Tarlag
Diplomat

Postby Tarlag » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:46 pm

WARWICK BARRACKS, BERMUDA

David knew if He left weapons would be needed. The Royal Bermuda Regiment compound was the only place o the islands that He figured to get any. Death had come quickly here, faster then most areas from what the locals had said. 60,000 people and only 500 acres being tilled at the time things fell apart. Anyone who had a working boat left, any who did not had to fend for themselves. According to the locals the Royal troops on the island, mainly local conscripts tried to keep order but between no food and COVID-29 that was going though the public at the time not much could be done. Within 45 days the population went from 60,000 to about 500.

David kept thinking back to what He had bee told as He picked His way through the abandoned buildings. David came across a half fallen down building near the old motor pool. near the back of the building He came across two dozen crates under a tarp. .303 Lee-Enfield No4 was printed on most of the crates. David opened one of the nearest crates expecting to find rusty weapons of no value. Instead He found six rifles stored in cosmoline and a type of wax paper.

David had always hated weapons but He knew they would be needed for His own defense or trade. He removed one of the rifles and disassembled it and cleaned it in short order. He stepped back after He was done amazed that the task had been done so fast. David remembered that He had handled a few weapons back in the day but never ones like this.
His mind seemed to cloud for a moment trying to remember something that seemed just out of reach. David brushed the thoughts away and reassembled the weapon then opened one of the smaller crates containing ammo. loading the rifle with ten rounds He walked outside.

Aiming the rifle at a standing power pole about a 100 meters away He worked the bolt ad pulled the trigger. The Enfield fired and a chunk of pole broke away with the impact of the round. "Now solider place five more rounds where you placed the first. two from the standing position then three from the prone!" yelled an older man in a drill instructors hat. With out thinking David did just that. All five hit in a three in group. "Reload the ten rounds rapid from the standing position at the old truck 300 yards at your four o'clock yelled the phantom. Again David followed orders and fired. All ten hit the drivers side door right where a driver would of been.

"What the Fuck!" dropping the weapon to the ground He looked at His now shacking hands. He remembered He had learned how to shoot but never by a D.I. and never that well. He had seen some combat but it was mainly pointing an M-16 around a corner and emptying the magazine at the bad guys. He had never handled a bolt gun much less hit a target at 300 or so meters with about a two inch group. taking a few deep breaths to steady Himself He went to retrieve the hand cart that would be used to take the rifles and ammo to His boat at the dockyard.
Last edited by Tarlag on Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ssyn
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Libertarian Police State

Vancouver Island...

Postby Ssyn » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:31 pm

Chen stood silently as his staff filed into the conference room along with the High Command of the North Korean and Thai military. He noted that most all of them were in their 60s and 70s. Chen himself was a relatively young man, just 43 years of age. He had been one of the last officers to be tansferred to the Western Occupied Zone before a third wave of virus swept into the mainland of China. He had heard little of that nation for the past four years.

The High Command stood behind their seats waiting for Chen to sit down. When he did, they began to move to sit, but he said, "Remain standing!" The officers were taken aback, but did as their Supreme Commander said.

Chen did not look up from the report he was pretending to read. "This will not take long. I have issued ordes for all High Command to be dispersed to the various troop positions to the east where they will await further orders."

"Supreme Commander, how can this be? We are the leaders who plan and impliment the orders you send for our glorious troops to move forward in glorious victory."

Chen slammed down the report. "Yes! And a poor job you all have done with my orders! We lose fifty men and we are no longer even close to our objectives. Those ragged guerilla fighters that call themselves patriots have held us off for far too long. We and our allies have been in control of the Occupied Northwest Coasts for over thirty years, yet we have not succeeded in moving either south or east. And we have not received any new personal in nearly five years, nor received further orders. I have to assume that the situation in our homelands is dire. I am therefore assuming governmental control over these territories as well as being Supreme military commander!"

They were stunned for a moment, then General Van Thunatin of the Thai Expeditionary Force said, "Supreme Leader! This is most unusual. We will need to send a report to the Thai government to confirm the conditions there, and then to act accordingly!"

Chen stared at the old man for a few seconds, then nodded to the guard behind him. The guard raise his AK-47 and fired a single shop into the back of the man's head. As Van Thunatin slumped forward onto the table, his blood pouring from a large hole in his face, Chen asked. "Does anyone else have any similar ideas?"

"No one? Good! Now as I said, you are all being replaced by my hand-picked officers. Everyone over the age of 60 may now remove yourselves to the front of the building where you will be given a basic Chinese uniform and a sidearm. When you arrive at the front, you will be given either an SKS or a Kalishnakov rifle. You are dismissed!"

Eight officers remained. Chen waved them into their seats and said, "Gentlemen, we have a job to do, and we are going to do it a bit differently then our training has shown us. Each of you are going to command 100 soldiers. Your rank will be as the ancient Romans title of Centurion. Each Centurion will attack a particulat enemy position in what was called a blitzkrieg. Hit and run. Massive overwhelming force. Shock and awe as the Americans used to call it. When you have made your surprise attacks, you will fall back into sheltered, fortified positions. Then a second 100-man force will attack 60 minutes after the first attack. The enemy will be caught unawares and will be seriously affected, hopefully to the point of either total defeat or surrender. Take no prisoners. A bullet to the head will suffice. Leave them where they lie."

"This tactic will be repeated at all of the enemy positions until they are all eliminated. You will keep moving forward until you reach Coeur D'Alene. All remaining units will occupy the city and set up a command center where we will plan and execute the next stage of battle. Understood?"

All of the new commanders, all of them young and eager, stood and saluted Chen. They filed out and went to their units.

Chen wiped a weary hand over his face. he knew this had to work because it had been too long since a major victory and also because they were running out of time. It would not be much longer before the patriot troops gathered enough power to assault the entrenched positions from Portland, through Seattle and Vamcouver, and then on up into the Alaskan territories. No more help was coming from the Asian mainland.

They were on their own, do or die...........

Shyyt
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 07, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Old Truck Stop, Kylertown, PA...

Postby Shyyt » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:00 am

"What the fucks wrong with you, Moe? You look like shit!"

"Joe, it's that damned woman I been shacked up with. She likes it rough, but it's too rough even for me. Fell off twice and now I walk with a limp."

"Well hell, Moe. It's like ridin' a bicycle. If ya fall off a couple times, just get back on and do your best."

"But...she sratches the shit outta my back. Hurts like hell."

"Moe, I told you that if you mess with a wildcat your'e gonna get scratched. I hope you 'aint thinkin' of marrying her."

"The thought crossed my mind. She's a bitch but she's a hell of a cook."

"Shit, Moe. I'm gonna tell you the secret of being with a woman. You listenin'?"

"Yep, go on."

Okay, here it is....if you marry a woman, make sure it's a woman you hate, and then just go ahead and buy her a house. Cuts out a bunch of time and aggravation."

Moe looked over at his friend. "That's a mite cynical, Joe. If I marry, it's for love."

Joe looked at his friend. "Keep thinkin' that and that cooz will have you supporting a passle of rug rats. They be crawlin' all over you, and you'll be changin' diapers and wipin' up baby puke for the next four to five years. Then just wait til they be teenagers. You'll be a grandpa when the girl is 15, and the diaper shit will start all over again."

Moe asked, "You sound like you be experienced, Joe. That for real?"

"Trust me, my friend. I could tell you stories, but I'm not one to gossip."

Just then, they heard a scratching at the door and a snuffling sound.

"It's that fuckin' bear again, Moe. We shoulda killed it when we had a chance."

"Just be quiet and it will go away. No need to waste ammo."

At that moment, the door burst into a dozen large splinters and a large black bear came roaring into the room. Fortunately, Moe was ready with his shotgun.

The blast of the shotgun caught the bear full in the face. It took two steps then fell dead, twitching, then lay still.

"Good shootin' there, Moe. That sumbitch could been a problem."

"My pappy always said that if you got a problem, kill it. Good advice, I reckon. Now let's carve us a couple slabs of bear steak."

Xeraph
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeraph » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:53 am

"Hey Smitty, why them kids call you Master?"

"I think it was when I told them I had been a Master Sergeant in the army some years ago. Name sort of stuck." He glanced over to his friend, Carl. "How do you figure we came to this condition, Carl?"

"Well. I give up wondering about it and just got on with living. Not many of us old-timers left, eh?"

"Old timers, my ass. I was 12 when the first pandemic hit back in 2020. That makes me 58 and you about the same. That isn't old, my friend."

"Yeah, but after the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th waves of sickness, we aged a bunch of years, if you get my drift."

Smitty thought back to the years between 2020 and 2030. Bad times. Not only the global epidemics, but the civil unrest all through the country. American citizen died by the millions, often quickly, but usually in great pain and suffering.

Carl went on. "I think it was them illegals what brought the sickness with 'em across the border. Lord knows what viruses they brought with them from the South American lands. Not to mention the gooks, chinks, and Arabs that came with 'em."

Smitty nodded. "It was certainly possible, Carl. We had a very weak president back then. Weak in body and mind. Hard to understand how anybody like him could have thought he was doing the USA any good. The guy before him got re-elected which most would think of as the start of our second Civil War. He was a strong man, but couldn't outlive the third pandemic. His VP was a Constituionalist as well, but by then the war was in a stalemate. The republic was militarily weak, and that was when the Chinese and North Koreans invaded, taking over half the west coast from Anchorage to Portland. As far as we know, they are still there."

Smitty, why do you think some people are still alive? Some kind if immunity to the diseases?"

"Hard to say, Carl. Seems that some are just naturally immune to bugs, bacteria, and viruses. Natural selection I believe they called it."

"Lucky us. The animals don't seem to be infected though. Hell, there's more critters around than I remember from back then."

"Yes, and more predators as well. We don't have to worry as much as on the coasts and down near the Glades. The marshy areas are teeming with reptiles and amphibians. I heard a number of stories of huge snakes and even bigger gators roaming the southern portions of Florida. Constrictors as big around as our waists and forty feet long. Gators running an average of 15 to 19 feet long and unusually vicious."

"But the bugs all but disappeared, no?"

"True. For the first few years, the insect population was a nightmare. Mosquitos, flying roaches, and the like were out of control. Spiders were especially nasty."

"Yeah, but spiders are arachnids. Eight legs instead of six like the insects. Bit of a different breed."

"Also true. But I can't explain it. All I know is that in the space of a few months back in 2026, most bugs disappeared."

"You hear anything about some of the so-called Patriot groups forming in order to regain control of the country?"

"Same as what you heard. Over to the Baton Rouge territory and up north towards the Georgia mountains are reports of militias restoring order to some areas. They have been catching criminals and executing them."

Carl laughed. "Seems like a good way to start, eh?"

"Yes, if they are true patriots following Constitutional law, it's all good. But we know from history even that shit can get out of control. We still need to be vigilant. Protect our local freedoms."

"With our guns."

"Exactly. I have a copy of the US Constitution, and it ensures the citizens have the right to have weapons and to protect their property from the lawless. You got your guns, Carl?"

"Yep. My grampas old shotgun and enough shells to put up a respectable fight if necessary."

"Good. I have a couple of pistols and an old SKS built in Romania my Dad handed over to me years ago before he died. And abround 5,000 rounds of ammo to go with it."

Carl nodded. "I guess we'll be alright for a while."

Smitty grinned. "Maybe we should form our own militia."

Carl laughed. "Fuckin' great. A militia of two. But.....at least it's a start."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It turned out that a number of bedraggled travelers wandered into the camp. Most were armed either with handguns or military-type knives and axes. Carl saw them coming from his perch up on a low ridge. "Hey Smitty, come see this." He handed Smitty the binocs and he saw that about thirty people were headed towards them.

"Well, there's more of them than of us, but they looked starved and tired. Not much in the way of modern weapons. But if you noticed, they have the old Kabar knives in their belts. Might be former military."

Carl nodded. "Just what I was thinking." He looked down and pointed. "Let's head down to that banana glade and conceal in the low bushes out in front of it. When they get within twenty feet, we challenge them. Any problems, shoot to kill."

"Even the women?"

"Women got knives, too. Don't take chances, eh?"

Tarlag
Diplomat

Postby Tarlag » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:59 am

MOUTH OF SAINT GEORGE HARBOR, BERMUDA

The catamaran was pointed to the open sea. She was low in the water laden down with supplies ad the crates of weapons and ammo. Jars of pickled onions, dried corn and canned tomatoes were stored next to the crated rifles and ammo in the outriggers. The electric motor pushed the boat out of the harbor, now David needed to decide where to go. He knew the GPS was worthless and He did not know how to work more then a compass. If He went east with the changing winds and currents He could end up anywhere from Ireland to Africa. If He headed west He would hit somewhere in the United States. With the gulf stream He wagered New England. He wanted to feel the cold again but seeing it was fall and winter was coming and its storms David figured it was dangerous at best.

Hurricane season was in full swing so no matter what He did there was danger. He almost turned around and headed home to forget the whole thing. "You can't go back there Da'vid. You know you never belonged there." A brown haired young woman in fatigues was now sitting next to Him. "Da'vid my love, You know I a waiting, You said you would come back"

David looked at Her for a moment. Her fatigues were not U.S. issue nor was the Browning High Power on Her right hip. To the best of His knowledge He had never meet this woman. So He asked. "If you are so smart what way should I go?"

She smiled then replied. "I wait to the east in the Holy land with my people. But I think that is not where you need to be. Your people need you Da'vid, there are skills that you have."

"Then I should head west?"

"No my Love, head south by south west. Point to Cuba then ride the gulf stream. When you leave the current you will be where you need to be not where you want to be."

"Fine I guess your plan is better then no plan at all." With that He turned His bow south.

The Black Katanas
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2004

Manhatten, NYC.........

Postby The Black Katanas » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:09 pm

Benny looked up at the Trump Tower, thinking deeply. The place was a fortress, especially since those inside had seen to it that all elevator shafts and stairwells were permanently blocked. Many had given advice on how to assault the Tower to gain access, but each plan had been shot down as undoable. They had thought about dynamite, but that would just damage the building. And they had even thought about scaling the sheer walls of the Tower, but it was next to impossible because the climbers would be picked off, one by one. The defenders apparently had some snipers who were very good at what they did.

"So, Benny, whattya think?" Chuck Lawrence had been with Benny and the rest of the 5th Avenue Bloods from the beginning. The Bloods were one of the most well-armed gangs in what was left of the five boros. Benny and Chuck had led several raids on lightly defended former police precincts, successfully acquiring numerous weapons from the armory. But in most of them, there were very few explosive weapons. Most of the larger cities of the five boros had been demolished by the repeated bombings and missile attacks by the Russian submarine fleets seven miles off the Atlantic coast. Torpedoes had destroyed any naval warships docked in the harbor. Of special note were the ICBM frag-heads that had detonated 6,000 feet above the island. Millions of razor-sharp shards of metal had sliced through millions of people, even before the most recent epidemic started taking lives.

It was later discovered that a number of the smaller missiles were actually rigged with chem-bio agents. Everything from ricin and mustard gas to snake venom and belladonna, all rendered into a fine, yet heavy, mist that coated and stuck to anything it landed on. What the sickness didn't kill, the chem-bio did. Of the roughly 10,000,000 people in the five boros, barely a thousand survived.

Benny laughed. "What do I think? I think I'd like to get inside that Tower, toss all the assholes up there out the windows, and then enjoy ruling this shithole of a city from that Tower. Wouldn't be hard from up there. We'd have food, comfort, and weapons that would last us years."

"Yeah, and it'll happen when monkeys fly outta my ass. We can't get in there. Period."

"But they can't get out, either. Sooner or later they going to have to come out. Migh take years, but.....we got time. And no special place to go...."

Tarlag
Diplomat

Postby Tarlag » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:20 pm

NORTH BEACH,HILTON HEAD S.C.

The refitted diesel engine of the old M-3 halftrack chugged as it made its way up the sandy beach. The patrol went past some of the residents of the island enjoying the late fall day. Sargent King a large black man rode on top with one hand resting o the M-3 MG. He was talking into a headset plugged into the halftrack's radio.

"Command bunker, this is unit two I have eyes on that target you had on radar. It is a small catamaran maybe 40 foot. no sail but a lot of solar panels and low in the water. No wonder Tybee radar did not spot it till it was right on top of us. Looks like it was low in the water."

A voice on the other end responded. "How many on board? If you don't see anyone wait for the decontamination unit to get there before you approach."

"I got one guy, he has set an anchor above the high tide line and is approaching us with His hands up. Instructions?"

A different voice came over the radio. "This is Director Blake, I want that man captured alive. He came from the open ocean. He may have information on New Zealand base. Secure the boat and wait for my people to search it."

taking the headset off He turned to the four people in the crew compartment. "The big Man wants that fellow alive, so we do this by the numbers. Johnny get on the M-3 in-case that guy is not alone. JoJo I want you and Kelly to cuff Him and stuff Him till the Big Man and His egg heads get here. Bob stay here with Johnny and cover us."

Looking at the approaching threadbare dressed man King shouted. "Stay right where you are mister! Get flat on your face or Johnny here is going to fill you full of holes!"

David looked a bit confused but responded. "I am unarmed and mean you no harm."

The two women came forward holding their M-14s at port arms. The shorter of the two women Kelly spoke. "Sargent says get down so you get down, asshole." with that she takes the butt of Her rifle and strikes the back of David's left knee causing Him to fall forward.

David falls face first but catches Himself before falling all the way. Kelly raises Her rifle to strike Him again. Before the weapon can be used David's leg strikes out in a mule kick connecting with the woman's knee. A snap could be heard as Kelly collapsed into the white sand screaming in pain.

JoJo raised Her weapon to shoot David despite orders. Before She could bring the battle rifle to the ready David leaps forward and spears the young woman into the sand.

"Son of a Bitch!" King yelled. Looking at Bob next to him He pushes Bob's M-14 out of the way. "Bob, you shoot that Bastard I will drag you into the surf here and now and drown your stupid ass, Johnny that goes for you dumb ass to!"

Jumping down from the halftrack King approached David who now had the M-14 across the woman's windpipe. "Mister no need for this my boss just wants to talk. The girls are into the rough kinky stuff. No need for anyone else to get hurt. They just got a little over excited."

David looked at the black Sargent for a moment then rolled off JoJo. taking Her M-14 He detached the 20 round clip and ejected the round from the chamber handing the weapon back to Her. "Sorry Miss I don't know how or why I did that."

The Sargent looked at Bob. "Dummy, get the med kit and see to Kelly. Morphine and a splint in that order. I don't need the Director to see us at any worse then we are."

Walking up to David King spoke. "Fella I aint never seen anybody move that quick. JoJo is the fastest among us and you left Her in the dust. Where you learn to do that?"

David just looked confused. "Sir, I did not know I could do that."

King passed His canteen to David. "Looks like you need a drink. Don't worry just water with a wee bit of shine. Kills the bugs you know. So why are you here on my beach?"

David took a swill of the canteens contents. "The voices told me to come here."

Crimetopolis B
Envoy

Founded: Oct 08, 2023

IC: Ohio:

Postby Crimetopolis B » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:53 pm

Majestyka grimly monitored the Gypsy encampment atop the interstate highway overpass, The screams of the females being raped by the gypsies were not music to her ears. 'Discipline' the classical Amazon Hoplite thought. 'Eternity is only a sword thrust away'.

In comparison to the statuesque Majestyka, Dusty was a 5.3 foot OSU Bobcat Militia team leader. Ohio State University controlled the zone through the univesity, Dayton, Wright Patterson Air Force and Xenia, Ohio.

Dusty wore knee length cargo shorts, desert boots, and boonie desert hat. A sleeveless turtleneck underneath a tactical vest. Short blonde hair and gray eyes. Over her shoulders was a Ruger Mini-14 rifle with a thirty round magazine.

OSU found a survivalist bunker stock full of Mini-14 data. Though they could produce only ten Mini-14s a day, it was a comprehensively done thing. Magazines, cleaning kits, and ammo were produced also.

Wright Patterson AFB produced an AR15A2 carbine clone of creditable quality, they only could do 4 of such weapons a day. However, they were a leading source of AR-15 parts for those so armed in the area. Many gun shops and gun hobbyists had set shop there.

It was a WALMART of weaponry. Lever actions, bolt actions, SKS, revolvers, shotguns, pistols, assault weapons, and submachineguns were also built and repaired there.

Dusty's had four extra magazines, a 1911A1 .45 in a vest holster, and a Ruger .327 Federal magnum in a holster on her left hip. But on her left hip was a very murderous short sword variant.

A Rat Cleaver. It had a steel knuckle handle with studs on the outside of the handguard, It's pommel was a knurled knob for bashing. A thick, bevel edge, cleaver whose blade length was 20 inches,

Dusty had been allowed to have a part time job in her childhood. She went to a bladesmith and she did deliveries for him. Since Dusty had already found and mastered a .45 automatic, she didn't get robbed like some of the couriers did. He gave her the Rat Cleaver for shooting four WVU spearmen that tried to rob his shop.

But for now, she scanned the area through a monocular. She secured it. "No archers, riflemen, siege engines, machineguns, cavalry, or armored vehicles this side." A boy came to the encampment. He had a lever action carbine, and a 1911A1 .45 ACP pistol.

In Amazonian terms, he was an ally. But Ronny Coltrane was a valued friend to them. He had power-walked to an Amazon base to warn them of an impending truck raider attack. With javelins, swords, and siege engines, the attack was repelled. Foolishly, they had chosen to keep their guns in reserve and attack with bows and arrows instead.

Against a stone fort with siege engines, a replica Nordenfelt gun, and Hoplites?! Three trucks burned, twenty dead, and a loot truck abandoned. No Amazonian losses.

The loot truck had ten lever action rifles, a SKS, four .327 Federal magnums, and two 1911A1s and accessories in its crew. In the back was full of axes, swords, knives.

Majestyka was stunned at the deal Ronny gave them. "I have my Mom, sister and Dad to help defend. Therefore, the SKS, a revolver, a 1911A1, and six lever actions are yours."

"You give the majority of guns to us?" "Yes. I don't cheat my friends."
The farriers had a field day melting down truck raider falchions, axes, and jambiya daggers were melted down to be made into bastard length gladius swords the Amazons used.

*****AUTHOR'S NOTE*****Farrier is a term for blacksmith.

But there ten blood groove sheath hunting knifes with 10 inch blades. Ronny was allowed to keep them. He carefully drove the truck home.

The lever actions were all .327 Federal magnums, as were the revolvers. Upon reaching the home, the family got strapped and were glad for it.

Majestyka and Dusty made plans to assault the overpass. Another Amazon hoplite took Ronny aside. "Stay with me." said Claudia. "Use guns as much as possible. You're not armored and you don't have a Mini-14. I have my bastard sword and shield, muscle cuirass, studded pleated. kilt, greaves, vambraces, and buskins. I'll handle any melee work."

Secretly, Claudia was sweet on Ronny. But could love result after the battle?
Last edited by Crimetopolis B on Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Crimetopolis B
Envoy

IC_ Battle:

Postby Crimetopolis B » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:22 am

The Amazons and Ronny moved from one side. The Bobcat militiamen moved from the other side, A crude FM radio blared adult contemporary music, It and the screams and the cruel laughter, and the admirable noise discipline of the attackers; it concealed the coming attack, too.

Dusty saw a crude tent. She saw a gypsy man actively raping a girl, about 13. She slung her Mini-14 and drew the RAT[RAPID ATTACKER} Cleaver. An Audible crunch as the knurled pommel was slammed into the man's head. Having staggered the man, Dusty slashed his throat.
The girl was now fear frozen as Dusty wiped her blade on the gypsy's corpse. She whispered in her ear. "Friend." She beckoned a fellow Militiaman to protect the girl until it was safe to move to a better place. The safety on his Mini-14 clicked off.

Meanwhile, Ronny and his Amazon friends moved quietly. Until... SMACK! A rape victim struck her gypsy assailant. Of the children and infants kidnapped they were held a hostages to ensure cooperation from the captive women.

Immediately, a gypsy woman hurled a baby to its death below. "The price of defiance." She grinned evilly. CRACK! Ronny shot her dead and faced a mob of gypsies wielding scimitars and boar spears. He emptied his rifle into them.

But they still came. "AMAZONS ATTACK!" CLAUDIA brutally hacked a spear man's arm. He howled and then its 28 inch blade sank into his belly, and Claudia yanked it out. He sank, vomiting blood, in death,

CLANG! A hurled boar spear bounced off an Amazon hoplite's shield. She cut him down and proceeded.
Dusty saw ten gypsies running toward bows and arrow-filled quivers stacked together.
Her Mini-14 banged repeatedly. They all died before becoming combat effective Still, the gypsies fought, Her Mini-14 emptied, she laid it down as 7 gypsies wielding scimitars appeared. They howled in Romany, screaming praises to their false gods.

She drew her revolver.
BANG! A JSP round killed the lead gypsy with a chest shot. Six more more shots end their charge. She holstered her now empty revolver and slung her Mini-14.

CLICK! She drew her 1911A1 and offed its safety. Four Gypsy women wielding Bowie knives rushed her. She mag dumped them and stopped their raid. She reloaded all her weapons and was back in the fight.

Meanwhile, Ronny laid down his now empty lever action and drew his his .45 pistol. He saw a spearman lunging at Amazon's side and shot him.

Majestyka simply hacked and stabbed her way to the children, in front of an Bobcat militiamen was rolling around on the ground with a gypsy, whom was reaching for a punch dagger.

She ran the gypsy through and the guy retrieved his rifle, checked it, and said. "Thanks, I'll keep the kids safe." "Do that and your debt to me is paid." She rejoined the battle.

The remaining gypsies surrendered. A gypsy queen glared at them. "I will spell you!" Then her face turned white with fright. For a Bobcat militia man knelt down and openly prayed for the God the Holy Trinity to eternally break her magic.

The gypsy children had all died fighting in the battle. The remaining gypsy adults were shot after being taken to a nearby, tree stand. Several horses and wagons took the dead away to be burned. While the Amazons suffered no wounded, three Bobcat militiamen were wounded.

A radio unit that had been hidden in the nearby woods sent for an ambulance. The wounded were taken to a hospital, along with the grieving mother of the murdered baby. The baby's corpses was wrapped in a blanket and would be given a Christian burial.

"Hope an OSU psychiatrist can help that women heal." said Ronny as he reloaded his rifle and pistol. Several wagon-trained among them hitched the gypsy caravans wagons and horses. Other captured saddle horses were ridden by those among them victims whom could ride.

That left ten whom were stuck. An Amazon wagon gave them a ride. Dusty Krieger drank from her canteen after checking on her remaining team mates. It had indeed been a hard day.
Last edited by Crimetopolis B on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Alaskan Columbia
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 09, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Kodiak Island.......

Postby Alaskan Columbia » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:13 am

The raid came just before dawn. The guards would be sleepy as they knew they would be relieved in less than an hour and the only ones awake were the two cooks preparing for breakfast. They were the first to die, their throats slashed.

Team Alpha of the Alaskan Militia hit the northern portion of the palisade at the sams time as Team Bravo hit the southern part. The center was the job for Team Esquim, the native Indians of this cold land. When the enemy was preoccupied with the flanks, the natives would lay dynamite at the gates of the compound and after the gates were blown open, they would rush the central portion where the command center was located.

It was over in less than 20 minutes. The majority of the North Korean soldiers were either dead or wounded, the rest were currently being held prisoner. When the native troops found the enemy's jail and saw the condition of their friends and family, they started killing the prisoners, one at a time, and tossing the bodies outside the fort where they knew the polar bears would find them.

The last few prisoners were about to be executed when Col. Jim Beam arrived. He was the officer in charge of the non-native militiamen, who were from all parts of Canada and the US. "Hold your fire, men! We need some of them commies for interrogation!"

PFC Inannu said, "Yessir, but have you seen the prison here? My people are not much more than skeletons, and there are a number of women and children in the most wretched condition I've ever seen a human being in! These animals need to die!"

Beam put his hand on the shoulder of the man. "My friend, as soon as we're done with them, I'll turn them back over to you. Do with them as you wish."

Turning to his aide, he said, "Sgt. LeBlanc, find some food for the prisoners as well as our men. Give me a tally of who's dead and who's wounded."

Shouldering his M-16, he walked over to the NK commander. "Your name and rank, boy." Beam could tell his rank by the double bars on the collar.

The NK bowed, smiled, and sneered, "Fuck you, devil! I am commander of our Leader's glorious Ice Brigade on Kodiak. When he learns of this outrage, you will face the onslaught of our glorious retribution!"

Beam chuckled. "Retribution my ass. You gooks are done here. You haven't got any more troops to either relieve you or replace you. North Korea is a cemetary now. The fourth wave of the epidemics and our South Korean allies have entered your shithole of a country and begun occupation. You assholes are done!"

The commander, wide-eyed, yelled aloud and charged the Colonel, hands outstretched, reaching for the Colonel's throat. But Beam was ready.

In one smooth motion, he reached back and, grabbing his battle-axe, flung it end-over-end with full force where it lodged itself in the NK commander's forehead. The commander stood for a second, a surprised look on his face, as the the blood and brains began bubling out of his skull.

When he was dead, Beam motioned hi men to throw the body over the wilderness side of the compound. The wolves and bear would make short work of the gook commander.

"Sgt. LeBlanc! Hoist the American flag over this fort."

"Which one, sir? We got four of 'em."

"The one with the RAU circle of stars. And then write down in the report book that the name of this place is now Fort Lee."

"Yessir, right away sir!"

Tarlag
Diplomat

Postby Tarlag » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:15 pm

HILTON HEAD DEFENSE CENTER (formally HAROLD'S DINER) HILTON HEAD S.C.

Jerome Blake walked into the defense center. Sargent King went over to meet the Directer. "Sargent good to see you again. Where is He?"

King motioned to the back where the old kitchen would of been. "He is in the break room, I mean the conference room. Meek as a kitten that man is. Never seen nothing like it."

Blake just looked at the Sargent. "What do you mean by that? What happened?"

King took a deep breath. "The man was walking up on us hands up. It was real text book. I sent Kelly and JoJo up to take Him in hand. Well Kelly got a bit rough and David the fella turns into God Damn Chuck Norris. Kelly has a broken leg and JoJo has four broken ribs. I have never seen someone move that fast. Even faster then JoJo and She is an augment, left Her in the dust reflex wise. Funny thing is as soon as I started talking to Him he goes back to being Mr. meek and mild. Even said He was sorry to both of the girls."

Blake thought for a moment. "She is augmented for reaction time if I remember correctly." Turning to the communications operator Blake continued." Please get someone from Bio-Manipulation over here and a couple shrinks. Dr. Lee if you can track Him down."

Turning back to King Blake asked. "Have you gotten a report on His boat yet?"

"Yup, one of your boys phoned it in just before you touched down. It was stuffed with home canned food, mainly vegetables. dried fish ad some berry wine. He also had almost a hundred British bolt action rifles and about a thousand rounds per weapon. That is why Davids boat was riding so low. It was packed to the gills."

"Interesting, I am bringing Doc Cottle in to give Him an exam and a quick scan here. I trust you are treating this David well."

King gave a surprisingly large smile for the situation. "We brought in some BBQ and all the fixings from Pit master Bill's and David has been chowing down."

"Very good Sargent, once Cottle gives the go ahead and the experts get here I want a boat to take us back to Tybee for a more detailed exam. Also have one of your people tow His boat over under guard. "
Last edited by Tarlag on Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Crimetopolis B
Envoy

iC: Justy:

Postby Crimetopolis B » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:46 pm

The high school stadium had been shoved down the community's throat by America's rabid sports culture. Ten families had lost farms, businesses, and homes, Many of the of the high school students simply refused to have anything to do with their local ball team.

As a result, ticket revenues were not enough to pay the projected expenses of building said stadium. When Coach had tried to withhold diplomas at graduation, things exploded in an ethnic cleansing-style campaign in which football players were driven from the community.

Coach and his entire extended family tried to make a stand while armed with shotguns. The locals showed up with deer rifles, old army rifles, and so-called assault weapons. It was an extermination more than a fight. Dusty laughed at the thought of such a term.

When her Amazonian allies stormed a position, their javelins and bastard-length gladius swords were indeed assault weapons. The ignorance of pre-dark society amazed her. She knew from history that the first practical semiautomatic gun was mass produced for public sale in 1896.

Yet this was the same society that produced all from antibiotics to advanced veterinary medicine and beyond. Where they had failed educationally was main ideas only education instead of teaching facts. Furthermore, liberals, minorities, alternative cultures, and alternative religions demanded what was pleasing to them be taught; and instead of what actually happened.

When OSU was reactivated, they began teaching specific facts, not main ideas. Equity, diversity, and social justice were simply expunged from the curriculum, Everything imaginable of value was taught at OSU.

LBGTQP, Women's studies, Art History and the like were purged and everything from animal husbandry to zoology and beyond were taught. Pragmatism ruled, and else drooled.

But literature, mythology, and like cultural things were taught, Even several radio stations had been reactivated, with news, weather, safety bulletins, pre-holocaust music, and original radio series.

And because it was tornado alley, the highly accurate VIPIR weather radar and lightning detectors teams were made having an FM radio mandatory.

While it would years before replacement VIPIR radars could be built again, the lightning detectors also had directional and intensity monitoring of storms. They also could tell how far away and how fast storms moving, too.

They were bulky but electro-mechanical devices and were highly accurate, too. Three a week were being constructed. Numerous successful tornado warnings had been attributed to them. And by restricting production to three a week, but it freed up resources for VIPIR weather radar development, too.

The stadium here now was the base of the Bobcat military, Its underground facilities were tornado shelters, sleeping areas, an armory, and medical, dental, and veterinary centers, The playing field was a training zone. The food court served breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Its broadcasting booth was used to coordinate and broadcast severe storm warnings and like vital activities. The stadiums' bathrooms and showers were kept fully operational. This prevented disease.

And raping or attacking somebody in a bathroom was an automatic death penalty. Dusty herself had enforced this personally three times in five years. The last one was her own sister, Naomi. But then again, Naomi Krieger never had the sense God gave bacteria.

She was born from control and died from control. Spanking, the belt, extra duty, no privileges, grounding, community service, mandatory church attendance, and treatment by a psychiatrist all were useless.

Nor were Billy and Connie abusive, exploitive, or emotionally abusive. All spankings and paddlings stopped at three licks, period. And extenuating circumstances were tolerated. But Naomi chose to be a plague upon humanity.

She perfected 'don't get caught' into a fine science. Dusty caught her in the bathroom raping a little boy. So that the child would not have to see death, a kindly militia man had taken him to the medical center,

Naomi whipped out a wazakashi[Samurai short sword]and rushed Dusty, cussing and screaming. She jumped aside, and took Naomi's right ear off. Naomi howled and rushed Dusty again. The Rat Cleaver time split her face by ripping her left cheek off entirely.

Again, Naomi rushed, weakened from blood loss. This time, Dusty got under the swing radius of her wazakashi. and promptly destroyed Naomi's upper femoral artery.

Naomi collapsed in a pool of her own blood. Like a fallen arena trident fighter, she muttered. "Mercy." Dusty straddled her, and yanked back Naomi's pony tail. THOK! Dusty decapitated the female pedophile and held her head aloft as a gruesome trophy.

A wild party ensued that celebrated Naomi's death. Dusty's parents even enjoyed it, too. A week later, Connie found a wrecked house and two bodies. A newborn wailed. She took the tiny baby to USAF Wright Patterson medical center. The baby was completely healthy.

A magistrate was summoned and an Emergency Field Adoption was granted. Notices were sent in print and by radio to surrounding zones. Thirty days later, it was permanent. It was Dusty that named him Justy. And so Justy joined the family.
Last edited by Crimetopolis B on Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Plink
Civilian

Founded: Jul 31, 2023
Capitalizt

San Bernardino, Liberated Zone...

Postby The Plink » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:23 am

"Sir, stragglers still arriving daily. We're getting close to capacity."

How many tents are left?"

"About a hundred, give or take."

Comrade Pliskin sighed heavily. "That abandoned truckstop still livable?"

"In Fontana? Yes, but it needs some cleaning up. The buildings are intact."

"Good. Have the new arrivals shipped over there. Feed them, then put them to work. If there are any trailers in decent shape, outfit them with temporary cots until the main building is cleaned."

"Yes, Comrade Pliskin."

Bernie Pliskin had somehow survived four waves of the sickness, the burning of greater Los Angeles, and innumerable guerilla attacks by both bandit criminals and patriot groups. The section leader had put him in command of the eastern suburbs of LA. Most of them were in much better condition as to infrastructure, but nearly completely unpopulated due to disease. The only ones to go into those areas were scavengers, both human and animal. Through his binocs, Pliskin could see the bones of thousands of people caught by the 72-hour version of Covid 22. The thing that had made that particular strain so deadly was the addition of Ebola and Zikla mists blown east from LA. Even after the diseases killed the majority of peopke in LA, the tactical nukes finished the job. LA was largely rubble, only predators roaming the streets.

Bernie was a hard-core Marxist. He had bunked with a guy named Schiff back in the old days who had managed to become a Senator in old DC. Schiff was long-gone, caight by a band of local patriots and put up against a wall and executed for treason. Now it was up tp Bernie to carry on.

"Comrade Pliskin. A report has come in about a large armed party headed this way from the east. We're not sure who they are, but they are flying a flag emblazoned with a rattlesnake."

Pliskin nodded. "Old flag. Don't Tread On Me, no doubt. I guarantee it's a bunch of capitalist war-mongers intent on restoring a Constitutional Republic. How many are there?"

"Near to eighty, Comrade. Fully armed and uniformed."

Bernie hung his head. "Fucking great" he thought. He had just a handful of armed guards and some locals armed with sharpened spears, maybe a couple of pistols.

"Get three dozen of the locals who are presently supporting the work force. Put some kind of weapons in their hands. We have to make a stand."

He grabbed the scout. "Remember, Comrade: All Power Comes Out Of The Barrel Of A Gun! Chairman Mao did what he did with a lot less than we have. Understood?"

"Yes Comrade. It shall be done!"

Xeraph
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

On the Way to Texarkana..........

Postby Xeraph » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:13 pm

On a small rise overlooking Bull's Creek, a column of cavalry troopers stopped for a ten-minute rest and to water the horses. Their flag was evident, held by one of the scouts. The flag was a circle of thirteen silver stars on a field of seven red and white stripes. It was the flag of the Restored American Union.

The column was the 101st Mounted Regiment. It was made up of 66 men and women, all bearing the RAU insignia on their left shoulder under which was another patch of crossed AR-15 rifles. Each carried a rifle, a H&K pistol, a Kabar battle knfe, and a full harness of food, water, and raingear. In addition, the six scouts each carried four hand grenades, four smoke grenades, and two concussive grenades. These were the grenadiers.

Capt. Don Donovan and Cmdr. Pierre Fonteneau rode up to one of the scouts and asked how far it was to Texarkana. The scout asked in turn, "Which one ya'll talkin' 'bout? There's two. One in Arkansas and one in Texas."

"Well, we're going to meet up with some others in Texarkana."

"Whatcha gonna meet up for?"

"Discussions about forming a military unit large enough to defeat all the rebels, bandits, and criminals in the country."

The scout stared. "In the whole country? You boys gonna need a lot more than these here fellas. I think it would be the Texas side of the border ya'll wanna meet up on."

Col. Joe Barnhart rode up. "We ready to go? I want to get there before dark. I think we have about thirty miles to go."

The scout said, "More like 35-40 miles. We can make it, though without too much of a hurry."

"Bugler! Sound assembly!" As the trumpet sounded, all horsemen fell into rank and began to move off west.

Over in Texas, another column of eighty cavalry and about a hundred infantry were pulling into an open field near the old Texas-Arkansas border. A tall rangy man dressed in buckskin and leather waved them on into a small,secluded village hidden in the thick of the forext.

As the column entered the village, Frank Reagan and General John Custis Lee dismounted and walked over to the man. "Greetings, gents. I'm Major Jesse Stone. Them comin' from the east will be here in about three hours."

"Greetings, Major Stone. I'm Frank Reagan of New York and may I introduce General John Custis Lee of Virginia.

Stone stood to rigid attention and saluted. "General Lee, sir! It is an honor and a privilege sir!."

Thank you, Major. Now, tell me....where's that home-made hooch I hear you Texas boys make? Got a thirst!"

Stone smiled. "Right this way, General. And we got us some venison and a couple of fat turkeys."

What they didn't see were fifteen pair of eyes watching them from behind a fallen oak.......

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents