NATION

PASSWORD

[Suggestion] scheduling NS TGs for later

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
User avatar
Hakushiya
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 107
Founded: Dec 16, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[Suggestion] scheduling NS TGs for later

Postby Hakushiya » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:58 am

knowing that a lot of email services like Gmail and iCloud Mail already provide their users with the option to set a specific time at which their emails will get sent to their designated recipients I'm currently wondering why NationStates still doesn't have an option for us to schedule our telegrams for sending at a later date/time :blink:
Hakushiya (MT/PMT) = new main of the player who used to be behind Rhim Flavezztowland

Oreo City 86: 23rd (1st debut as RF)
Peeto 87: 30th (as RF)
Flav City 88: 10th (1st hosting as RF)
Auszer 89: DNF (withdrew)
Avon 90: DNF (withdrew)
Haufenburg 91: 13th (as RF)
Anyme 92: 18th (as RF)
Puerto Ambar 112: 16th (2nd debut as Hakushiya)
Light City 113: TBA



(locks all NS stats in a dungeon | player pronouns: he/they | me on Wattpad | let’s compare our musical tastes ^_^)
#eurovision #britpop #asianpop #gachacore


and I~ begin to wonder~
signed, [REDACTED]

User avatar
Nasvatania
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Nov 10, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasvatania » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:00 am

Hakushiya wrote:knowing that a lot of email services like Gmail and iCloud Mail already provide their users with the option to set a specific time at which their emails will get sent to their designated recipients I'm currently wondering why NationStates still doesn't have an option for us to schedule our telegrams for sending at a later date/time :blink:

it will jam da servers

User avatar
Hakushiya
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 107
Founded: Dec 16, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hakushiya » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:02 am

Nasvatania wrote:
Hakushiya wrote:knowing that a lot of email services like Gmail and iCloud Mail already provide their users with the option to set a specific time at which their emails will get sent to their designated recipients I'm currently wondering why NationStates still doesn't have an option for us to schedule our telegrams for sending at a later date/time :blink:

it will jam da servers

then maybe we could restrict the number of TGs that can be scheduled to get sent at a later time to 3 per week sitewide? (like for all of us w/o any exceptions)
Hakushiya (MT/PMT) = new main of the player who used to be behind Rhim Flavezztowland

Oreo City 86: 23rd (1st debut as RF)
Peeto 87: 30th (as RF)
Flav City 88: 10th (1st hosting as RF)
Auszer 89: DNF (withdrew)
Avon 90: DNF (withdrew)
Haufenburg 91: 13th (as RF)
Anyme 92: 18th (as RF)
Puerto Ambar 112: 16th (2nd debut as Hakushiya)
Light City 113: TBA



(locks all NS stats in a dungeon | player pronouns: he/they | me on Wattpad | let’s compare our musical tastes ^_^)
#eurovision #britpop #asianpop #gachacore


and I~ begin to wonder~
signed, [REDACTED]

User avatar
Nasvatania
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Nov 10, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasvatania » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:03 am

Hakushiya wrote:
Nasvatania wrote:it will jam da servers

then maybe we could restrict the number of TGs that can be scheduled to get sent at a later time to 3 per week sitewide? (like for all of us w/o any exceptions)

no one will be able to use it

User avatar
Luxize
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Jan 13, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luxize » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:04 am

Hakushiya wrote:
Nasvatania wrote:it will jam da servers

then maybe we could restrict the number of TGs that can be scheduled to get sent at a later time to 3 per week sitewide? (like for all of us w/o any exceptions)

Just one queued telegram per nation seems sensible.

User avatar
Sedgistan
Site Director
 
Posts: 35460
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:07 am

You need to explain why you'd want to do this.

User avatar
United Calanworie
Technical Moderator
 
Posts: 3627
Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby United Calanworie » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:12 am

Nasvatania wrote:
Hakushiya wrote:knowing that a lot of email services like Gmail and iCloud Mail already provide their users with the option to set a specific time at which their emails will get sent to their designated recipients I'm currently wondering why NationStates still doesn't have an option for us to schedule our telegrams for sending at a later date/time :blink:

it will jam da servers

you have no idea what you’re talking about. please don’t comment like you do.

to the op: i see no reason to implement this at this time. convince me otherwise.
Trans rights are human rights.
||||||||||||||||||||
Discord: Aav#7546 @queerlyfe
She/Her/Hers
My telegrams are not for Moderation enquiries, those belong in a GHR. Feel free to reach out if you want to just chat.

User avatar
Puppet 4 Sweden
Attaché
 
Posts: 68
Founded: Oct 23, 2022
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Puppet 4 Sweden » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:16 am

What’s the point? Why wouldn’t you send it immediately?

User avatar
Haganham
Minister
 
Posts: 3059
Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:27 am

Sedgistan wrote:You need to explain why you'd want to do this.

Answer that comes to mind for me is to announce the start of events, even if you forget at the time, or aren't able to be at the computer.

I'm sure more clever people then me could figure out how to use to for campaigning.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

User avatar
9003
Diplomat
 
Posts: 623
Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:58 am

you could queue an IFV TG to go out at update when the proposal hits the floor to maximize time for people to read and hopefully vote accordingly.
A delegate could queue an adventure-style story that slowly unravels over several days/weeks and wants to front-load the work.

A QOTD system however functions better on an RMB than TG.

All of these are what I came up with and by no means all that important or require the ability to schedule.
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

User avatar
United Calanworie
Technical Moderator
 
Posts: 3627
Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby United Calanworie » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:39 am

Your first example, honestly, makes me less inclined towards this being a good idea, not more. There's already apparently a substantial issue with the lemming vote. We don't need to exacerbate the problem.
Trans rights are human rights.
||||||||||||||||||||
Discord: Aav#7546 @queerlyfe
She/Her/Hers
My telegrams are not for Moderation enquiries, those belong in a GHR. Feel free to reach out if you want to just chat.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darcania

Advertisement

Remove ads